Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Sigh. I thought we were doing so well since we have half a dozen flavours of Russell Stover eggs here... and now I find out there are more and better varieties in other parts of the world.

Please, nobody tell me there is a pumpkin Russell Stover egg (although that would be a weird juxtaposition of Easter and Thanksgiving) or I'll be on Amazon hunting the damned things down. :o
    I was able to find this. I don't believe there's a pumpkin egg for Easter.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Anyone see this one when it was up: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10166374/advice-truly-needed/p1
    It's a doozy. Seriously, what is WRONG with people?
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    All this talk about kids, and now I would like to bop my 19 year old daughter in the head......boys are SO much easier.....

That is true in my experience as well. What did she do?

She has been home for school from a month, and I am already having to harp her to get her crap done, and then she gets all bitchy like I am somehow annoying her, when I am the one that is really annoyed.....the first month went well, now I am going to be counting down for the next three months til she leaves......
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    All this talk about kids, and now I would like to bop my 19 year old daughter in the head......boys are SO much easier.....

That is true in my experience as well. What did she do?

She has been home for school from a month, and I am already having to harp her to get her crap done, and then she gets all bitchy like I am somehow annoying her, when I am the one that is really annoyed.....the first month went well, now I am going to be counting down for the next three months til she leaves......
    Are you me? But MINE is staying home i.e. not returning to school in the Fall. At least she's working now, so that's good. But she's a bigger slob than both my boys put together. I've actually taken photos before to show my friend who didn't believe how bad she could be.
  • ptkat28
    ptkat28 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    My only confession on here is that I have strictly went by the book! I have had a few drinks, but it was in my caloric intake, so it was ok. My only problem is that I am NOT eating back my burned calories for exercise! I know, that could be a bad thing! But with what I am eating during the day, I am not hungry for anything else! I am only 5 ft tall, and have a small bone structure. I have lost approx 30 lbs and need to lose 80 more. I am still new at this and need to know if I need to change anything in my profile! I am eating 1000 calories a day, MFP goal was 1000-1200. Since I had so much to lose, I have been hitting the 1000 mark. I have also upped my exercise to 2 hours a day doing continual dancing. No breaks! This is not my first time on the roller coaster weight loss thing! I have lost 100 lb at least 2 almost 3 times. I want this to be my last and make this my life change since I am 45. The smallest I have been was 118 lb. I wore a size 2 or 5 at the time. Sorry this "confession" turned into my life story! Any advice would be helpful :)
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - when I go over like this I make sure to lift weights for 20 minutes so I can pretend I'm 'bulking'.

That's what I was pretending for my entire three-day junk/fast/too much food vacation fest.
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Mine too. If I attempt a side part, it wanders over by itself over the course of the day, creating a bizarre hump effect. I always say that I don't have a hair "do", I have a hair "don't".

A middle part is the least flattering for my face, of course, as it just draws attention to my nose -- not my best feature.
    Re: awesome hair. I took this pic of my son's hair today to show my haidresser. He's 18 and I'm so jealous!
    rqysl6bdnepe.jpg

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I'm going to fess up before catching up today.
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

You can't go wrong with sweets:D. What does a Jaffa cake taste like?

Hopefully your work day will go flying by.

Ha ha Uh, I can't really describe it. I disassemble them anyway, chocolate edge first and then take the jelly off, eat the cakey bit and the orange jelly last. I don't play with my food normally but it seems to be a habit with Jaffa Cakes. Its a bit like eating the chocolate edge off a Kit-Kat first.
    Samesies. To both. Once I started eating a Chunky Kitkat the same way, kept nibbling and found it WAS CHOCOLATE ALL THE WAY THROUGH. My day was made.

I absolutely hate that America hasn't discovered chunky kit kats...I will be bringing loads home after my visit to the UK woo hoo!

Seriously??? No Chunky KitKats in the US? We've had them in Canada for a while. And you guys have the white chocolate ones that we don't get.

Btw, Chunky Caramel KitKats are awesome.

Oh all that is holy that sounds amazing!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    For the oreo lovers... COME GET YOUR FIX! :wink:

cheeseburger-oreos.jpg

Figured these weren't real, but even if they were I definitely wouldn't want to try them.

The ones they really missed the mark on were the Cookie Dough flavored ones.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Jesus H., the confessions keep coming. Ok, I confess that I ate a Hershey bar for lunch and it was delicious. That's all I got today.

That was really sad. I think you should try harder. Give it up!

Totally my first though too
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    Something's been missing from this conversation:
    fruit%20stripe.jpg

Although now that I'm allegedly a grown up I prefer cininamon.

Confession: I still have 1500 calories to get in today, but I overslept, and have no motivation to do so. At all. I'll probably force down some eggs later just to cover the protein for working out, but that may be it today. For those who say they don't like/don't believe/envy the people who are never hungry and have to fight to get 1000 in a day, believe me, it's not all sunshine and roses.

I know this feeling all too well. I have days I eat really healthy, lots of veggies and have 900 calories left before dinner. And usually dinner on those nights is chicken and other low cal stuff. I'm trying to change that and plan my work food better on light dinner days.

Or I struggle at hitting the 1200. Last week, I knew I'd be having extra on Friday so I prelogged 200 calories on Thursday just so I wouldn't get the under eating warning.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Dnarules wrote: »
    I don't mind the scars on my ankle and shoulder at all. Actually, I'm kinda bummed at how much the shoulder scar has faded.

Scars ARE kind of badass!
    Agreed - scars are cool and interesting. I have to restrain myself from asking people about their scars because I know it's rude.

Scars are tattoos with better stories. We saw that tshirt a couple of weeks ago.

I have said this for years as well!

I confess that I like what Ron White says about tattoos:

"Tattoos are permanent stupidity bruises."
    I wouldn't mind one, but I think I'd end up like this:
    yxvpn76rjkjh.gif

Oh dear god I agree! I was a corrections officer for three years and I saw all kinds of hideous, horrible tattoos! I've thought about it but they're just not my thing I think after a year or so I'd get bored with whatever it was and want it off of me! This is not to say that I dislike them I think some people have really neat and amazing tattoos!

Ps I was watching Tattoo Nightmares at the gym today! Love that show!

I have a very small and tasteful tattoo of my daughter's name in a really pretty script on the inside of my right wrist. I LOVE it! It hurt like hell, but I'd do it again. I want more, but I'm terrified of needles, so I don't know if it will happen or not.

That sounds really pretty!

If I could figure out how to take a picture of it and get it on here, I would. My daughter loves it.

I'm not sure how well this will work.gpirytdgvdud.jpg

YAY! It worked!

Aw yay it is a really great tattoo!!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Friday me and my boyfriend went to the cheesecake factory. I brought home an entire box of leftovers. I decided not to log the food for that day due to the fact that I would be grossed out by myself. So when I got home in order to avoid having to have an extra cheat day just for the leftovers I ate them in my room. Cold. Cold cheesecake factory leftovers.

The only thing I would eat at The Cheesecake Factory is the cheesecake. I think their food is horribly overpriced and not that good. The cheesecake on the other hand - lemon raspberry with lady fingers crust.... I need a drooling emoji again, Ceci.

That's the only reason I go! Mmm cheesecake
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Another rather lame confession: I haven't the slightest idea what to do with my hair. I haven't had short hair since I was a baby just starting to grow it. I wish I had the courage to chop it up or do something with it, but I'm just scared of making it look worse. It's extremely wavy (and in my opinion, not the good kind of wavy!!!) and hard to manage, so I just straighten it all the time to make it easier for me to deal with, at least. It also wants to always be parted in the middle. I went to see a hair stylist last year and she told me that my hair was "refusing to be parted down the side." Dumb hair.

My sister has experimented with all kinds of cuts and colors (well, all shades of red), and I wish I could be more like her. For some reason I'm just too scared.

Your hair looks great from what I can see! I'm 29 and I've never dyed my hair! My roommates in college were always begging me to let them color it but I refuse until I actually have to! My hair is actually one thing I really like about myself :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

Sorry to hear this. Parenting is such a tough job. I hope the walk helped.

Parenting is so hard, I am taking every effort to never have to do it. :smiley:

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Here's something I've never confessed IRL before...
    I don't enjoy parenting. I don't think I was meant to be a mum.
    Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(
    Aaaaaaaand now I want to cover my feelings in food.

I could've pretty much wrote this post, word for word. I have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 month old (both boys). Everyone tells me I'm an awesome mom, but I feel like I'm failing at it constantly. It's not effortless for me like everyone else I see on Facebook. I have to WORK at my patience.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have PPD and my 3.5 yr old is a DRAMA QUEEN and can be difficult, but still. I give everything I have in me to them, literally, and I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.
    Part of my inability to keep the weight off is I eat my feelings at night alone when they're in bed, because I sit and relive my parenting failures for the day in my head, over and over.

And hi, I've lurked but decided to post in the thread today :)

There are so many references from people about others people's lives on Facebook..FAAAAAAKE!! People post only what they want you to see. I stay away from social media and I'm so much happier because of it. No matter how hard you try it's extremely difficult not to compare yourself to others from Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter but what you HAVE to remember is people only put out there what they want everyone else to see! Just keep that in mind everyone :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I'm going to fess up before catching up today.
    Yesterday I ate everything. :disappointed: Reeses Pieces, Cadbury's Picnic bar, Jaffa Cakes, and a cookie. I also didn't go to the gym or go for a run after work. Then I thought it would be a great idea to weigh myself this morning and I'm back up to 214lbs. So I went for a swim this morning and finished 5 minutes early. I feel really tired, and I think my 'go to' is sugar. I feel like having a nap at my desk right now and its only 9.50am. :frowning:

You can't go wrong with sweets:D. What does a Jaffa cake taste like?

Hopefully your work day will go flying by.

Ha ha Uh, I can't really describe it. I disassemble them anyway, chocolate edge first and then take the jelly off, eat the cakey bit and the orange jelly last. I don't play with my food normally but it seems to be a habit with Jaffa Cakes. Its a bit like eating the chocolate edge off a Kit-Kat first.
    Samesies. To both. Once I started eating a Chunky Kitkat the same way, kept nibbling and found it WAS CHOCOLATE ALL THE WAY THROUGH. My day was made.

I absolutely hate that America hasn't discovered chunky kit kats...I will be bringing loads home after my visit to the UK woo hoo!

Had to google those. Oh gosh. I want one now.

Confession - it's definitely one of those days. Ended up having lunch at 11am. 340 calories left for the day. Fail.

Aren't the kit kat chunky the same exact thing as the big kats?

I've seen Extra Crispy Kit Kats at Wal-Mart.

KitKat_ExtraCrispy.png

While still quite good the crispy kit kat doesn't compare to the chunky kit kat :(
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options

Your hair looks great from what I can see! I'm 29 and I've never dyed my hair! My roommates in college were always begging me to let them color it but I refuse until I actually have to! My hair is actually one thing I really like about myself :)
    Thank you! I've never dyed my hair either. One girl I sat next to in class was delighted by that, said I have ''virgin hair.'' :tongue:

@Tubbs216 , your son has some gorgeous curls going on. My hair gets curly if I go to bed while it's still wet, but it's always misshapen :(

Also, going back to my gum confession... I just worked out at the gym for an hour. I don't keep water with me like I probably should, so by the end of said hour I was PARCHED. Went to go get some water from the water fountain... and someone had spit their gum into it. WHY?! Why would you do that? Is it so difficult for you to go find a trashcan (they're everywhere in the locker rooms) to spit it into??? Why must you ruin this for me! I was so disgusted I couldn't drink the water and had to wait until I got home 40 minutes later. Ugh.
  • overlook237
    overlook237 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm not having a very good day. Total pity party and tears over my parenting failures. I guess it's a good thing that I decided to go for a walk instead of digging in the ice cream stash.

And think about it, parenting with TWO parents is hard... and single parents...woah. AND if everyone is working?! :astonished:

Everyone else can go ahead and make successful and wonderful humans. I do not feel strong enough to partake in that endeavor. :wink:

ETA: I am serious about everything in this post. I see parenting as very difficult. It takes skills and abilities that I am pretty sure I do not possess.

Don't get me wrong, I love my boys with all my heart. I give all of myself to them to ensure they feel loved, are happy and healthy.
    But I just don't think I was cut out for it. I've had pretty severe postnatal depression since my first was born 3 years ago and I'm sure that contributes, but I do wonder if its just my personality. Also, I carry a lot of guilt over my depression, its so unfair to them and I worry I'm messing up their whole lives :(

I could've pretty much wrote this post, word for word. I have a 3.5 yr old and an 8 month old (both boys). Everyone tells me I'm an awesome mom, but I feel like I'm failing at it constantly. It's not effortless for me like everyone else I see on Facebook. I have to WORK at my patience.
    To be fair, I'm pretty sure I have PPD and my 3.5 yr old is a DRAMA QUEEN and can be difficult, but still. I give everything I have in me to them, literally, and I still feel like I'm doing it wrong.
    Part of my inability to keep the weight off is I eat my feelings at night alone when they're in bed, because I sit and relive my parenting failures for the day in my head, over and over.

Welcome to the thread!

That's the problem with Facebook. People post all their best happy moments and achievements to make themselves look better or make them appear as they are having the time of their lives every single day. People want to show everyone that they are "awesome" at everything and make it appear that they are having the most fun and nothing is ever wrong. No one is going to post pictures of themselves when they are hurling over the toilet from illness (except when friends post photos of you being an idiot after a night a drinking), changing diapers, the fights you have with your spouse, etc.

This is why I don't have facebook - I don't feel it is "real life" - it is more an edited version of "real life"

I think I knew this on some level, but every time I log on to Facebook and see my friends - mostly people around my age - posting about all of their successes at work, how fabulous their homes are, how wonderful their kids/SOs are, how many goals they've achieved, it always depresses the hell out of me because I'm sooooo far behind in all of that. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that I'm basically George Costanza only female and not bald.

But the next time I see those posts and start to feel like crap about myself, I'm going to remember what you've written and remind myself that things are probably not as great as they seem.

So thank you. This might sound strange, but I really, really appreciate your words. :)
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    All this talk about Kit Kats is making me want some. I was never a fan of them... don't really like wafer candy. However, these chunky Kit Kats sound really good. Massive fan of peanut butter and chocolate!
  • Tubbs216
    Options

Welcome to the thread!

That's the problem with Facebook. People post all their best happy moments and achievements to make themselves look better or make them appear as they are having the time of their lives every single day. People want to show everyone that they are "awesome" at everything and make it appear that they are having the most fun and nothing is ever wrong. No one is going to post pictures of themselves when they are hurling over the toilet from illness (except when friends post photos of you being an idiot after a night a drinking), changing diapers, the fights you have with your spouse, etc.

This is why I don't have facebook - I don't feel it is "real life" - it is more an edited version of "real life"

I think I knew this on some level, but every time I log on to Facebook and see my friends - mostly people around my age - posting about all of their successes at work, how fabulous their homes are, how wonderful their kids/SOs are, how many goals they've achieved, it always depresses the hell out of me because I'm sooooo far behind in all of that. I'll spare you the details, but let's just say that I'm basically George Costanza only female and not bald.

But the next time I see those posts and start to feel like crap about myself, I'm going to remember what you've written and remind myself that things are probably not as great as they seem.

So thank you. This might sound strange, but I really, really appreciate your words. :)
    I must be lucky - I don't have many Facebook friends, and those I do have seem to enjoy posting funny/idiotic/lame things they or their children did. Except for my one friend who continually posts recipes for amazing looking hi-cal foods!

• Tubbs216
    Options
    @Tubbs216 , your son has some gorgeous curls going on. My hair gets curly if I go to bed while it's still wet, but it's always misshapen :(

Also, going back to my gum confession... I just worked out at the gym for an hour. I don't keep water with me like I probably should, so by the end of said hour I was PARCHED. Went to go get some water from the water fountain... and someone had spit their gum into it. WHY?! Why would you do that? Is it so difficult for you to go find a trashcan (they're everywhere in the locker rooms) to spit it into??? Why must you ruin this for me! I was so disgusted I couldn't drink the water and had to wait until I got home 40 minutes later. Ugh.
    Thanks! Funnily enough when he was little his hair was totally straight - it only went curly as he got older.

That is disgusting about the gum in the water fountain. People are animals. Well, some are. Actually, even my dog would have the good manners to swallow gum rather than leave it in a water fountain.