Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Also, confession: I bought some vinegar to de-scale a particularly filthy electronic water kettle, and watching the chemical reaction made me absolutely giddy. Like five-year-old-on-Christmas-morning type of giddy. It may have been something like the following:

Me: *peeking into kettle* *jumps up and down, squealing* "HUSBAND! HUSBAND! LOOK AT THE BUBBLES. LOOK AT THE BUBBLES, THEY'RE SO PRETTY!"
    Mr. Susie: *not particularly interested* That's the magic of chemistry.
    Me: *squealing some more* Look, that spot is bubbling! It's so pretty! LOOK AT IT!
    Mr. Susie: Umm.. Okay. You and your vinegar have fun. *leaves the kitchen*
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    My pics are really recent pics of me, I don't lie about what I log, I weight myself at the same time on the same day each week, I'm pretty healthy and fit.....oh wait, these are supposed to be confessions.

That's a very condescending statement. If you don't have anything to add to the thread, why don't you just move along? I don't find your attitude to be contributing anything positive here, and you're obviously too perfect to have anything to confess.

OK. This is a for-real confession, and I KNOW I will be paying for this one if karma exists.

I kinda hope MrFitness sticks around because I find guys with really fragile egos to be amusing.

Yes, the universe will punish me for this, but guys like him just crack me up =P

I was thinking something along similar lines, that the poster is following along and posting about some of his truths as he sees them but also I'm guessing that behind those statements is a person very hesitant to actually open up and show some of the imperfections and flaws that we all have. MrFitness, what is one thing that you don't like about yourself? What is one thing that is a challenge for you? There are people of all fitness levels and weights and BMI's here all co-existing and supporting each other. What are you struggling with that draws you to this thread?
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/bordered-floral-shift-dress/102266210/950

This is the dress I ended up buying Sunday. It's sexy yet understated. Just like me. :smiley:

I like it.

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession.... Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Just as a warning, that brand has the WORST reputation ever for tasting awful. I've never tried it myself. I think it's called Arctic Zero or something like that?

Confession: Since I have established that nothing is off-limits anymore and have successfully kept vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I used that to justify buying a Speculoos ice cream with chunks of speculoos cookies in it tonight. Also, it's nearly 50 C (122 F) outside, and to keep my beloved ice cream from melting into a puddle on the way home, I held it up to the A/C the. ENTIRE. WAY. I also chanted encouraging slogans, like "You can do this!" and "Hang in there, don't die on me!" and "Please don't die, I love you! I've always loved you!"

My husband may have sniggered a little at my expense. But my ice cream survived, so there.

You are cracking me up today!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

This is the dress I ended up buying Sunday. It's sexy yet understated. Just like me. :smiley:

Love it!! Can't wait to wear these types of things!!!

Thanks! I'm excited to wear it. I can dress it up with a pair of heels (I'm thinking teal or blue would look smashing), or down with a pair of Old Navy flip flops.

Also, I liked the way it made my butt look. Confession. I checked out my butt in every dress I tried on, even the horrible ones and my butt looked pretty decent in all of them. There was one that I REALLY liked from Target, but it was barely mid-thigh and I didn't feel comfortable wearing a dress that short.

Love the dress. Just don't wear it next to the cat... lol.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession.... Kroger didn't have that Halo Top ice cream so instead I bought some 'artic' something @ 150 cal a pint. I got orange crème as I love that flavor and am highly critical so it will be the true taste test for me. We'll see. I am annoyed though the one time I visit Kroger, they don't have what I came for. This is the same store that up ended everything so shopping takes forever. I doubt I'll be going back unless it's for a cheap tray of sushi.

Just as a warning, that brand has the WORST reputation ever for tasting awful. I've never tried it myself. I think it's called Arctic Zero or something like that?

Confession: Since I have established that nothing is off-limits anymore and have successfully kept vanilla ice cream in my freezer, I used that to justify buying a Speculoos ice cream with chunks of speculoos cookies in it tonight. Also, it's nearly 50 C (122 F) outside, and to keep my beloved ice cream from melting into a puddle on the way home, I held it up to the A/C the. ENTIRE. WAY. I also chanted encouraging slogans, like "You can do this!" and "Hang in there, don't die on me!" and "Please don't die, I love you! I've always loved you!"

My husband may have sniggered a little at my expense. But my ice cream survived, so there.

Wonderful. Nothing like justifying the over-inflated cost of something low cal by having to force it down due to an awful taste. Glad I didn't buy 2. (Thanks for the warning)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,719 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Love it!! Can't wait to wear these types of things!!!

Thanks! I'm excited to wear it. I can dress it up with a pair of heels (I'm thinking teal or blue would look smashing), or down with a pair of Old Navy flip flops.

Also, I liked the way it made my butt look. Confession. I checked out my butt in every dress I tried on, even the horrible ones and my butt looked pretty decent in all of them. There was one that I REALLY liked from Target, but it was barely mid-thigh and I didn't feel comfortable wearing a dress that short.

Love the dress. Just don't wear it next to the cat... lol.

Good call! Don't plan on it. :smiley:

• MoHousdon
    Options

Wonderful. Nothing like justifying the over-inflated cost of something low cal by having to force it down due to an awful taste. Glad I didn't buy 2. (Thanks for the warning)

Can you just return it? I've returned food before and as long as it's not opened, you should be fine. Just a suggestion to keep you from wasting money on yucky ice cream.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Ooooh, I like that a lot!!!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Me, too! But I would probably do the same thing... :p
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I wish TJMAXX would hurry up & open their store that's closer to me.
    Fun fact: here it's called TK MAXX (not really that fun a fact...) They also don't seem to have as much good stuff. In America they seem to have proper cut price designer items, here it seems to be cheaper, but I think a lot of the stuff are labels I've never heard of they have made for them.
    I always wondered about that. In Canada it's called Winners. I rarely have the patience to shop there - I find it a bit of a jumble/rummage sale.

Thank you for saying that. I always thought I was the only one that didn’t like shopping there because it looks like a mess. It’s hard to find what you want.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    I confess: I changed my afternoon snack after I saw what MoHousdon had logged for hers. I am eating it now (granny smith apple and peanut butter) and it is so yummy. It totally makes up for the salad at lunch that kept p!ssing me off because it wasn't a bacon cheeseburger.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon love the dress!
    @Susieq_1994 thanks for the smiles today!

@FroggyBug sending you virtual hugs - I'm sorry you're going through that.

I'm having to drink a lot of my calories today in pop and juice because I can only eat soft things and I can't open my mouth very wide and I'm not very hungry at all.

Whining done now.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    I confess: I changed my afternoon snack after I saw what MoHousdon had logged for hers. I am eating it now (granny smith apple and peanut butter) and it is so yummy. It totally makes up for the salad at lunch that kept p!ssing me off because it wasn't a bacon cheeseburger.

That is my son's favourite bedtime snack and since it is often difficult to get him to eat meat I slather on the PB so he gets some protein. I confess I lick the knife!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    What you are going through is super hard, I do not think anyone here would feel that way!

Thank you!

We both decided to do the counselling (is that spelled right-I can't tell). He came in to my work today to talk to me. He said that it was him fighting for me. It did mean a lot. But at the same time I asked him if he wanted to be with me or if he was just staying with me because I'm so sad about things. He didn't really say much other than, "I want to try counselling and make you more of a priority in life like you are supposed to be." So I guess that is good? It would have been nice to hear that he wanted to be with me though. We are going to meet after work to talk more. I told him he HAS to be honest with me about some questions I have.
  • MoHousdon
    Options

Glad I could be a positive influence on you. Also, I HATE when salads aren't bacon cheeseburgers and extra crispy fries.

• quiksylver296
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    What you are going through is super hard, I do not think anyone here would feel that way!

Thank you!

We both decided to do the counselling (is that spelled right-I can't tell). He came in to my work today to talk to me. He said that it was him fighting for me. It did mean a lot. But at the same time I asked him if he wanted to be with me or if he was just staying with me because I'm so sad about things. He didn't really say much other than, "I want to try counselling and make you more of a priority in life like you are supposed to be." So I guess that is good? It would have been nice to hear that he wanted to be with me though. We are going to meet after work to talk more. I told him he HAS to be honest with me about some questions I have.

Good luck tonight. Prayers and good wishes and positive thoughts for you!
  • quiksylver296
    Options

Glad I could be a positive influence on you. Also, I HATE when salads aren't bacon cheeseburgers and extra crispy fries.

Ha! I got your 1000th post! Yay, me!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Ooo I love it, great choice!!