Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    eMka11 wrote: »

Have you tried tequilla with plenty of freshly squeezed lime juice and slimline tonic? It tastes amazing - I was g&t fan for many years but slimline tonic kind of killed that a bit, but with tequilla and lime it's just so tasty

I haven't but I love the sound of that. Definitely trying it next time I'm out!
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    I'm posting from work. I'm also a little drunk.

Dare I ask what you do? :)

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Still haven't seen my Owen. It's getting hard to hold onto hope. I am starting to resent my stepdaughter's cat because she's here and Owen isn't.

I had so many things planned to do today but so far I've pretty much managed to do nothing more than catch up on this thread.

I, too, am loving all the pet pictures. If I could figure out how to post pictures from my phone, I would.

We were invited to a baptism and dinner yesterday where I did not restrict or even pay attention to what I was eating. I just ate. Loaded cheesy mashed potatoes, hot dog, nachos, chicken with mushroom gravy, 3 dinner rolls with butter, roasted vegetables, Dr. Pepper, chips and dip, and 2 homemade cupcakes. My stomach hurt so bad and sounded like a door in a haunted house. So many noises.

The only regret I have was not having another cupcake. Although I think my stomach would have exploded if I had.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I'm posting from work. I'm also a little drunk.

Well that's interesting!
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Still haven't seen my Owen. It's getting hard to hold onto hope. I am starting to resent my stepdaughter's cat because she's here and Owen isn't.

Awww. This is so sad. :/ I sure hope he turns up.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I also love the pet photos.

Here are mine:

hi3e2mabkogs.jpg

The littler one is Trevor and the bigger one is Ajax (after the large Greek warrior, although he was tiny when we got him, not the cleaning fluid).
  • Edison563
    Edison563 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten out of bed or eaten and its 3. I've just been reading the success stories forum trying to motivate myself but I don't want to move. :(
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Confession I am on Youtube & listening to Eddie Murphy's Party All The Time.

I don't know what's funnier Eddie Murphy having a hit song, Rick James hair looking like a poodle, or the random crazy guy in the video dancing that looks like Kanye West.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Confession I am no Youtube & listening to Eddie Murphy's Party All The Time.

Somehow that came up when I was talking to some co-workers a couple of weeks ago. I'm old enough to have memories of when it was a hit, but had managed to block it out. ;-) It was one of those "can you believe this was a thing" memories that can be so fun.

I also always forget when Eurovision is, so thanks to this thread I'm planning to make my sister listen to/watch all the entrants with me tonight. We discovered Eurovision around the time she first got a BlueRay player, and went nuts streaming the videos (probably 2012?).
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    OK, I have to get in on the pet-sharing action. Here's Wilbur (dog) and Muffin (cat). This is one of the first times they actually interacted in a calm way. Wilbur really wants to be friends but Muffin is not overly interested.
    wr3uy1p0wr45.jpg

Muffin is the older sister and very much thinks she's a pretty princess.
    nylaub5c02bu.jpg

Wilbur is my big baby. He loves lounging in the sun and cracks me up how he'll put himself in weird spots to get the last bit of sun. (FYI/BTW to earlier complaints about cat-calling while running: No one cat-calls me when I'm running with him)
    b7qkaegu9gcy.jpg
    rpqqcnjo1kh0.jpg

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    OK, I have to get in on the pet-sharing action. Here's Wilbur (dog) and Muffin (cat). This is one of the first times they actually interacted in a calm way. Wilbur really wants to be friends but Muffin is not overly interested.
    wr3uy1p0wr45.jpg

Muffin is the older sister and very much thinks she's a pretty princess.
    nylaub5c02bu.jpg

Wilbur is my big baby. He loves lounging in the sun and cracks me up how he'll put himself in weird spots to get the last bit of sun. (FYI/BTW to earlier complaints about cat-calling while running: No one cat-calls me when I'm running with him)
    b7qkaegu9gcy.jpg
    rpqqcnjo1kh0.jpg

I like cats but dogs trump cats for me and I LOVE your doggy!! What kind of dog is he? So cute! That face!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    Thanks @LBuehrle8! I'm a primarily dog person, too. Wilbur's a rescue of unknown origin, but the vet thinks he's a Boxer/Great Dane mix. He is the sweetest boy with a cute under bite that pokes out sometimes :)foa69us6j5xr.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Thanks @LBuehrle8! I'm a primarily dog person, too. Wilbur's a rescue of unknown origin, but the vet thinks he's a Boxer/Great Dane mix. He is the sweetest boy with a cute under bite that pokes out sometimes :)foa69us6j5xr.jpg

Aw he is so sweet!! I love boxers! Is he a big dog that thinks he's a lap dog? Those kinds of dogs crack me up!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Aw he is so sweet!! I love boxers! Is he a big dog that thinks he's a lap dog? Those kinds of dogs crack me up!

He is! He usually thinks he needs a cuddle when he wakes up from a nap and will come plop (all 75 pounds of) himself on my lap.
  • ShibaEars
    ShibaEars Posts: 3,928 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options

Oh, I love him! :heart: I also love the name - is it because of "Charlotte's Web?"

I'm loving all the pet pics on here too :)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    I am going to make those buttermilk donuts today that was posted earlier. I will let you guys know how they turn out. I'm going to dip them in chocolate ganache and put sprinkles on them. I am my own worst enemy but I will count all the calories :smile:

they turned out pretty good since it was only the second time I have deep fried anything (the first time I made donuts my oil was not nearly hot enough). I think I may have added 1) too much flour or 2) I over mixed it because they are a bit chewy rather than light and fluffy but they still are really good.

1rd4scfuvyyl.jpg

• ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    I am going to make those buttermilk donuts today that was posted earlier. I will let you guys know how they turn out. I'm going to dip them in chocolate ganache and put sprinkles on them. I am my own worst enemy but I will count all the calories :smile:

they turned out pretty good since it was only the second time I have deep fried anything (the first time I made donuts my oil was not nearly hot enough). I think I may have added 1) too much flour or 2) I over mixed it because they are a bit chewy rather than light and fluffy but they still are really good.

1rd4scfuvyyl.jpg

Omg -- SPRINKLES TOO!! Those look heavenly! (I have a "thing" for sprinkles)
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »

Oh, I love him! :heart: I also love the name - is it because of "Charlotte's Web?"

I'm loving all the pet pics on here too :)

His name was initially a joke by my husband in reference to the University of Arizona mascot before we picked him at the shelter. Once we saw him we knew he was a Wilbur :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

1rd4scfuvyyl.jpg

Wow those look amazing, kudos to you!
  • faithyang
    faithyang Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    nityamish wrote: »
    I was too tired to work out for past two weeks, so I stopped eating at all during day. Continued to eat light dinner. Felt horrible and disgusted with myself when I fell sick due to my stupidity. :( Started a new workout schedule from today though and feeling better already.

Ack. I'm with you on that. I work out without fail every. single. day. on schedule. More because it fulfills my OCD than anything and I end up feeling really good and 'complete'. The past one week I sustained a foot injury and was out-of-order for a week. Absolute torture as I couldn't even walk. :( Yesterday I thought oh goodie the pain is gone, time for a run. Went for a low-impact jog so I wouldn't go too hard. BAM. Foot injury back. I swore I wouldn't go awol from fitness again so I hit the ellipticals and tomorrow will be the exercise bike. But I swear nothing feels as good as running does, it feels like I haven't worked out at all!

I reckon its the OCD speaking in us!
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    faithyang wrote: »
    nityamish wrote: »
    I was too tired to work out for past two weeks, so I stopped eating at all during day. Continued to eat light dinner. Felt horrible and disgusted with myself when I fell sick due to my stupidity. :( Started a new workout schedule from today though and feeling better already.

Ack. I'm with you on that. I work out without fail every. single. day. on schedule. More because it fulfills my OCD than anything and I end up feeling really good and 'complete'. The past one week I sustained a foot injury and was out-of-order for a week. Absolute torture as I couldn't even walk. :( Yesterday I thought oh goodie the pain is gone, time for a run. Went for a low-impact jog so I wouldn't go too hard. BAM. Foot injury back. I swore I wouldn't go awol from fitness again so I hit the ellipticals and tomorrow will be the exercise bike. But I swear nothing feels as good as running does, it feels like I haven't worked out at all!

I reckon its the OCD speaking in us!

I'm right there with you on missing running. I suffered a groin pull in my last half and have been doing the elliptical/bike/walking for the past week. I'm going to try running again on Wednesday, I hope it's better because I have another half-marathon on Saturday! Eek! I think even if it's not as good as it could be, I"m still going to run it. :grimace: