Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm avoiding going downstairs. We're out with friends tomorrow and my boyfriend has offered to do a picnic, he's making sandwiches and chicken tikka skewers and sausage rolls from scratch. He also put washing on when he first got in which will need to go on the line. I know I'm going to get moaned at soon for not helping, because I always do, but I feel a bit like if he wants to do over elaborate things because he's had an early finish why do I have to get roped in when I've been at work all day. If it was down to me I'd have just bought stuff ready made and left the washing til Sunday!

I would've done the exact same thing as you! And I have to comment even though you already know but I can picture you in your accent saying this! It's just always so fun reading because even though we speak the same language and I know exactly what you mean if I wrote this it would've been worded totally different! You Brits are so Posh I get so jealous!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Work through lunch and go home at 2:20? Or go for a walk at lunch and go home at 2:50?

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Gettin in on the 1,000th page!

I confess that I always seem to eat more on my workout "day off" - no matter how good my intentions are in the morning...

Me too! And I confess that I don't take very many rest days...although I know I should.

I'm the opposite- I take too many rest days :s
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I slept through page 1000 lol

I work late shift tonight, thank God it is only twice a month, I hate it....actually this round I do not have another one for FOUR weeks! But only cuz I booked the next one off cuz my sister and her family is coming down!

So I am gonna have some brunch now and pack dinner and then have a shower, so have to rest of a great day, my friends, and I will catch up over the weekend!

This week is rather insane and I am working nearly double my normal hours due to being short staffed, hopefully that corrects soon. So, I will still pop on and read but I might get really behind this week!

Here is a confession: My daughter has been working day shifts for two week, and next week also, so she is here every night with me. My son works nights as he was in school up until Thursday, but I think that will continue. Last summer when they both started working, I had a hard time being here alone at night, it was so weird, I could not relax and it took me nearly a month to get used to. Now, with my daughter home at night for weeks on end, I feel like I want alone time, lol, weird, I know.

SO, on Tuesday night she is going to Toronto for two days to visit a friend that she went to school with....and chances are my son is gonna work most nights.....so, I have already planned that the night I am home alone, I am gonna go buy a salad and a chicken bacon alfredo pizza (new from domino's, dying to try), and a COUPLE of sinful desserts....and I am gonna plant myself on the sofa and watch a movie! I am SO excited, lol, no cooking, no dishes or cleaning, no kid here at all, and great food....that will also be my day off logging next week....

Does it count as a confession if I have not done it yet??

But you are premeditating the act, so in essence you are confessing ahead of time! Enjoy every moment!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I skipped ahead when I saw page 1000! Cool.

Confession: I am getting kind of mad because I've told a few coworkers that I've lost weight but they don't seem to care. I think it is because I look pretty much the same. I've lost about 35 lbs this year. It would be nice to hear a "good job" or something. They just don't say anything. I was telling them because my doctor said that probably is helping my knee feel better more than anything else is. :(

The company picnic is today. I'm not sure if I'm going or not...

I won't say good job, I'll say OUTSTANDING JOB!!! 35 lbs. if absolutely a huge accomplishment and something to be darn proud of. We're ALL proud of you even if your sucky coworkers aren't.

Haha thanks! Like I said, I look a little different but pretty much the same. I did go down one pant size. I just lose weight all over instead of just one place. I know once I lose more and get to the end of the year, people will notice more. I'm hoping on 50 more by December.

I really appreciate it though. :) This makes about 58 lbs lost total. I lost the rest a couple years ago.

WOO HOO!! Keep it up that's great! Inspiration for me to keep going!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    I missed page 1000, due to spending the day asleep after swimming with the kids this morning.

Confession: food is still not back on track :(
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I just discovered how much I adore Burberry perfume. I'd love to see your sunglasses. Post a picture?

Oh, me too! Smells so good. I usually wear Angel, but Burberry is my next fragrance purchase for sure. I love perfume!

And I would also like to see the sunglasses. LOL

My top two are Tory and Armani :) LOVE fragrances!

I love perfume so much! It's funny because I live in a tiny house where everything is broken and no car... but somehow there's always perfume. GOOD PRIORITIES. (Tocca and Marchesa are the best though)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I know you hate people apologising for asking you questions, @Susieq_1994, but I only do because I feel like that stereotypical ignorant privileged white girl, and I don't want to offend.

So...there is that - robe, I'm sorry, I don't know the word for it - the long black one with the head and face covering. But it gets to 60C in Oman, right? So, um...how do the women not die of heatstroke?

That's alright, it doesn't offend me! :)

It's called an abaya, and most of them don't cover the head or face--They're basically just black dresses. I wear one myself. The headscarf and niqab (face covering) are all separate pieces. There is one that has a head covering attached as well, but these are mostly worn by older ladies, as it's just an older style.

That said, I wear the abaya and headscarf. I don't find it hot, personally--I actually find it cooler than when I wear "regular" clothing like skirts and blouses because the abaya tends to be very lightweight. It's also because I've been covering for a very long time--If I didn't cover, I'd probably feel hotter due to the sun burning my skin!

My sister wears a niqab, and according to her, it did feel very hot in the first week, but she says it doesn't feel like that anymore now that she's used to it.

Just an add-on: The abaya isn't a must, Islamically. Women are encouraged not to wear very bright colors for the purpose of attracting men (yes, men have a rule that involves not attracting women--it isn't a sexist rule), but you're allowed to wear whatever color you like, as long as you're covered properly.

I prefer the abaya in Saudi Arabia because everyone wears it (I've seen like... two people so far that didn't... Even the non-Muslims wear it!) and I just don't want to stand out. In Oman, I often wear regular colored dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. Unless I'm lazy. Because the abaya is really easy to just throw on and be done. ;)

Can I ask some follow ups? You say your sister wears a niqab; was that something she decided to do as an adult? And how did she come to that decision? And are you wearing your regular clothes under the abaya? Or is it like a "dress".

Thanks for educating me! :)

Yes, she decided to start wearing it two years ago. Nobody else in our family wears it and she's unmarried, so nobody influenced her in that decision--in Islam there are some scholars (I refuse to count the Sheikh Google people...) who believe the niqab is obligatory, and others who believe it is simply recommended based on evidence from the Qur'an and hadith. After doing some studying, my sister chose to go with the scholars who believe it's obligatory, and began covering her face from then on.

You do have to wear clothing under an abaya--it's basically a cover, but the material is too thin to wear with nothing but underwear underneath, for example. I usually wear jeans and a tank top underneath it--since we have to remain covered, it's best to have your legs covered in case the wind blows it up, for example. :) But I would wear the same under a dress, actually, although I would probably wear cotton pants underneath in that case.

Oh, can I ask if you have one of these? I've always wondered if it was hard to swim in the modest suits, because of the extra fabric:

8r71esdpgap0.jpg

Nope, I don't own one--those suits actually don't meet the fardh (obligatory) requirements for modest clothing for women, especially because they cling when they're wet, and the shape of the body is revealed, which is the major requirement of covering.

If I'm going to swim, I swim in an all-women's facility with a modest swimsuit (even women aren't supposed to reveal nakedness to other women) or just jump into the ocean fully clothed because that's fun. ;)

Am I the only one who loves being naked? I don't know why but I do! Could be because ( I know I say this a lot but it's true) I really have no shame...haters going to hate!

I love being naked! When I am home alone or just with the SO, I often am sans clothes.

I know I stated it really early on in the thread too, but I also swim at the Y in the winter and have no problem using the public showers and change rooms....like seriously, we are not in there to check each other out, if you don't like it, don't look.

Agreed! Aren't we modest ladies @Italian_Buju haha B)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »

funny coincidence:

one of my ex's at one point worked in Slough (home of the british office), while at the same time i was working in Scranton (home of the us office).

i was extremely amused by this...
    [/quote]

I am amused by this also! Glad you're checking in today!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    OMG! So, if you Google "shark eating chocolate powder while wearing a trash bag" several of the profile pics from this thread show up! @riderfangal, @Tubbs216, @m1xm0d3, @kelly_c_77

Bahaha! Just had to look for myself!

Oh my gosh, so funny!
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I slept through page 1000 and I'm sad because I missed all the shark gifs :(
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Yay! @BZAH10, you topped page 1000! Super great!!!

Ah! My greatest accomplishment for a long time! I'm super happy!

Yayyyyy!!!! :)

Thanks! Have you completely recovered from whatever sickness you had? It sounded really bad. Hoping it is gone by now.

Today is the first day I feel "normal" which is good. However, I have no interest in eating any of my usual foods...which in a way might also be a good thing because the thought of eating sweet things is totally grossing me out and that is usually what I binge on (when I do). I haven't run since Monday morning. I did my circuit training this morning for the first time since being sick. Other than that, the only exercise I've gotten the last two days is walking with my son. So, it kind of worked out...because I definitely don't take rest days like I should.
    Thanks for asking!
    And by the way, I love your taste in sunglasses! :)
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    OMG! So, if you Google "shark eating chocolate powder while wearing a trash bag" several of the profile pics from this thread show up! @riderfangal, @Tubbs216, @m1xm0d3, @kelly_c_77

And now, I need to make these:
    full_9399_81767_CrochetedSharkSlipperSocks_2.jpg

I must confess, part of me thinks "That's cute". While the other part of me thinks "Look, a shark is eating a babies foot. That baby needs assistance. No, it's just a booty. That's freaky."

Ha! So, until you said this, I didn't realize they were baby booties - I thought they were weird finger warmer things (the leg creases were knuckle creases). So my thought process was "Cute, but why would you want to wear sharks on your fingers like Bugles? That seems like a lot of work for something that would just sit on your desk or something."
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    [quote="KrisiAnnH;32927543

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

It's definitely not "just a dog"...but a family member and a friend. Putting our 15.5 year old dog down last summer was seriously the hardest thing ever...but it had to be done. He was at the point where he couldn't live/breathe outside of an oxygen chamber. I think about him every single day and still "say goodnight" to him every night when I go to bed. I just try to remember the absolutely awesome 15 years I got to spend with him! <3

Edit: I somehow messed that up with the quoting..
    Awh that's a lovely story, that's actually made me feel a lot better, thank you :) She's able to eat and walk on her own, but I think the deciding factor was this weekend when she couldnt get up off the kitchen floor on her own, and my mum and I had to lift her up. She was fine once she was on her feet but still... At least I live close enough that I can pop back and see her before she goes, I'm just a bit worried that me getting upset may upset her, dogs have a tendency to pick up on these things.

NOT just a dog....those are family members! I guess you missed how upset I was over my rodent, I cried for days!

I am actually sending a thank you card out to my vet today......

I vaguely remember people talking about rats/rodent pets but I must have missed the context. I'm so sorry to hear that, I have a hamster myself, so I know where you're coming from.

Thanks to everyone for your kind words by the way, my parents are yet to set the date for it and seem very unsure but it is an inevitability, so maybe its best they told me sooner rather than later

He was a degu, and my profile photo is of him. I spent lots of time holding him up in my SO's face when we first got him saying "I'm not a rat" LOL.

This Christmas I am gonna get an ordainment with his name and stuff engraved.....I did the same when the other one died years ago...and last Christmas got a 'baby's 1st Christmas' one with my Kyrie's name and year engraved on it....

I tried to fix the quote, I wonder if it worked......

ETA: that would be no[/quote]

Ah I see, he looks adorable. My friends have degus and they're very entertaining to watch, always both trying to squash on the same running wheel haha. Haha thats so funny, I do the same thing with my hamster and my OH, if he's playing video games in the other room and I've been doing something else for a few hours I'll go in and hold my hammy up to his face haha. Awh that's such a lovely idea, we have an amazing plaque type thing that a friend of the family made us for christmas, it's a mosaic and the image is of our dog, its so well done it actually looks like her! It's lovely having things like that :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!

I still have Easter candy left. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched my dark chocolate bunny yet. I know it's there, I just don't use calories on candy very often. I'd rather use them on fries or bacon cheeseburgers.
    Growing up, I always preferred salty to sweet. A few years ago, when I started really working out, it was like a switch was flipped. No more chips, peanuts, fries...I want alllll the candy, cookies, cakes, and ice cream. I will eat salty things and enjoy them...but never really crave them or want to use calories on them. That is, until now after being sick on Monday/Tuesday...now sweet stuff makes me want to throw up all over again...so I've been having salty stuff as my snacks the past few days.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    I skipped ahead when I saw page 1000! Cool.

Confession: I am getting kind of mad because I've told a few coworkers that I've lost weight but they don't seem to care. I think it is because I look pretty much the same. I've lost about 35 lbs this year. It would be nice to hear a "good job" or something. They just don't say anything. I was telling them because my doctor said that probably is helping my knee feel better more than anything else is. :(

The company picnic is today. I'm not sure if I'm going or not...

Go and have fun! If you want to. 35 lbs. is super great! I'm guessing no one says anything because 1) they are jealous, or 2) they don't want to offend you. Doesn't matter! Still a huge accomplishment and you don't need their acknowledgement to be successful, obviously! You just come to this thread and we will provide that for you.

I'm going to the picnic for a few. I just never do well in big groups (about 500 people are going...)

Thanks for the "super great" comment. It made me laugh.
  • therealklane
    therealklane Posts: 2,172 Member
    Options
    Applying for a job in my field for the first time today.....kind of terrified. :|
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

And now, I need to make these:
    full_9399_81767_CrochetedSharkSlipperSocks_2.jpg

I must confess, part of me thinks "That's cute". While the other part of me thinks "Look, a shark is eating a babies foot. That baby needs assistance. No, it's just a booty. That's freaky."

Ha! So, until you said this, I didn't realize they were baby booties - I thought they were weird finger warmer things (the leg creases were knuckle creases). So my thought process was "Cute, but why would you want to wear sharks on your fingers like Bugles? That seems like a lot of work for something that would just sit on your desk or something."

That's exactly what I thought, too!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Feels good to be wearing clothes that truly fit again. No more sucking in my gut or keeping the top button of my pants unbuttoned! I am donating all of my oversized clothes so I have nothing to swell into down the road.
    Good for you! That's awesome.

Thanks! I am almost down 50, even though MFP says like 38 cuz I didn't record the last gain over winter. Roomy clothes are awesome! (And by roomy, I mean properly fit as opposed to squeezing into while simultaneously cutting off circulation ;))

Good job!!