Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Okay question for my super great peeps: when I comment on someone's page here and then others respond, I get ALL of those notices on my phone. Is there a way to cancel that? Do I do it on the website or on my phone? Sorry, but I'm not a app-literate as I'd like to be. I mainly use the website.

There should be a way. I've never bothered since I have so few friends that the notifications aren't annoying, but I'm almost sure that you'd find a "Notification Preferences" in the app settings. :)You can't do it on the website because the phone app notifications are totally separate from the website.

Precisely what I needed! Thanks a million, my exotic friend!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Okay question for my super great peeps: when I comment on someone's page here and then others respond, I get ALL of those notices on my phone. Is there a way to cancel that? Do I do it on the website or on my phone? Sorry, but I'm not a app-literate as I'd like to be. I mainly use the website.

On the iphone app it's under settings, push notifications - then just opt out of the ones you don't want.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    I just told a vendor who is delivering a part early that we need at work that that was Super Great!!

I think I blushed - good thing that I was on the phone.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Feels good to be wearing clothes that truly fit again. No more sucking in my gut or keeping the top button of my pants unbuttoned! I am donating all of my oversized clothes so I have nothing to swell into down the road.
    Good for you! That's awesome.

Thanks! I am almost down 50, even though MFP says like 38 cuz I didn't record the last gain over winter. Roomy clothes are awesome! (And by roomy, I mean properly fit as opposed to squeezing into while simultaneously cutting off circulation ;))
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I log everything. Meticulously. But i went to a wedding yesterday and ignored every single hor doeuvre i ate.

Everybody deserves a day off from logging! Welcome!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

There should be a way. I've never bothered since I have so few friends that the notifications aren't annoying, but I'm almost sure that you'd find a "Notification Preferences" in the app settings. :)You can't do it on the website because the phone app notifications are totally separate from the website.

Precisely what I needed! Thanks a million, my exotic friend!

Did it work for you? I need to do the same thing.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I'm avoiding going downstairs. We're out with friends tomorrow and my boyfriend has offered to do a picnic, he's making sandwiches and chicken tikka skewers and sausage rolls from scratch. He also put washing on when he first got in which will need to go on the line. I know I'm going to get moaned at soon for not helping, because I always do, but I feel a bit like if he wants to do over elaborate things because he's had an early finish why do I have to get roped in when I've been at work all day. If it was down to me I'd have just bought stuff ready made and left the washing til Sunday!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I have left over candy from the holidays and Easter still. I just put out a ton of candy at my work (from as far back as Halloween). I wasn't going to be able to eat all of it before it goes bad.

I kept all the really good stuff for myself. I'll try to finish it before it goes bad.

• kelly_c_77
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: If I sit down for a meal I will drink whatever is in front of me non stop until I get up. Doesn't matter what it is, coffee, water, iced tea, beer..... That was part of the reason I started losing weight fairly quickly when I stopped ordering calorie laden drinks when we went out, it was not uncommon for me to have 4+ of whatever drink in the hour or so we'd be at a restaurant. Now I usually stick with coffee or unsweetened iced tea.

Me too. When I was heavy, it would be beer, diet soda, Long Islands, coffee, Beam & diet...4 or 5 at a sitting.

Now I order the same thing at every restaurant - water with lime. No problem drinking 4 or 5 of those!

Were you able to walk out of the restaurant after?!? I love me a good Long Island, but after 2, I'm toast. :D

I'm 3+ years sober now, so I can joke about it...but in my prime, my booze tolerance was pretty ridiculous!

Oh, well done! 3-ish years clean and sober was about the time I started to feel like my brain was really kicking back into gear, if that makes sense. I can't quite believe it, but I will be reaching 29 years without alcohol or drugs this July. Good stuff :)

Good for you, congrats!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    To help get us to page 1000, I will post some pictures of the tops I got last weekend.

This one is from Old Navy and I ADORE it. I've used that word a lot lately. :smiley:
    14upomck9aos.jpg

This one is from Maurices. My husband REALLY likes it, I just think it's okay.
    1fak1gsj4oek.jpg

And now I'll be making a trip to Old Navy. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    You know what needs to be at the top of page 1000? Super shark eating a spoonful of cocoa powder! LOL

While wearing a trash bag and drowning a jar of peanut butter!

@Tubbs216 can you make that happen?!

Omg, dying right now.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Fixed that for you!
    Thank you. I hadn't cried yet, but that pushed me over the edge. :)

Sorry to make you cry! I can't classify my youngest son as special needs, but holy hell, that child is the KING of procrastination! I felt completely overwhelmed when he was in school, but now that he owns his own house and vehicles and is "independent"??? So much worse. I know I shouldn't worry and just let him figure it all out on his own, but he will completely ignore mail, forget to pay bills, not keep up with dental and medical appts., the list goes on.

Just to say I can relate to having to try to take care of everything. It's exhausting. Glad your son made it to the test and I'm sure he will do just fine!

My daughter is the Queen.

Isn't it the most frustrating thing ever?! I know I need to back off, but it's hard to potentially let him ruin his finances over it. He has a good job and enough money for his bills, he just doesn't keep track or have any kind of workable method. The irony? I work in the financial industry and have given him money advice for years. I suppose that's the main source of my frustration.

It is super frustrating....I cannot tell you the amount of stress this causes....esp when she is living here!

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't see gifs or any image really on the Android app. :/

Really? I can. Are you on an older phone?

I can't either, since the last time my phone did an update. I have a Sony xperia z1

I can't see them either, I also have the Xperia z1!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Yay! @BZAH10, you topped page 1000! Super great!!!

Ah! My greatest accomplishment for a long time! I'm super happy!

Yayyyyy!!!! :)
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Gettin in on the 1,000th page!

I confess that I always seem to eat more on my workout "day off" - no matter how good my intentions are in the morning...

Me too! And I confess that I don't take very many rest days...although I know I should.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    I haven't said much, but I've been keeping up. By keeping up, I mean I read every post, even if it's days later. I went away for lunch earlier and came back to this:
    5jx8vt0tquav.jpg

I also noticed that we should hit 30,000 replies by tomorrow probably!
    hkwr183mu7ts.jpg

I think the one thing that keeps me coming back is all the love I feel here. It has been especially obvious today!
    <3

Glad I'm not alone. I always feel like I'm WAY behind and commenting on things too late but I just want to make sure I'm reading everything.

Me too, like right now!!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    The problem with owning too many shoes is you can never find the ones you want to wear among all the boxes. The good thing is when you find a pair you bought months ago but never wore, forgot about and then find again. And they are perfect. Total win.

I believe I have mentioned both my shoe obsession and 'shopping in my closet' before. :)

If they are not see thru boxes, take a photo and tape it to the outside of the box.

I bought clear plastic shoe boxes on eBay to house my shoe collection
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    Confession:
    I'm a crazy animal person. I have a select few friends that I enjoy their company, but I'd much rather be at home with my animals than out in social situations (which I find very awkward :neutral:) I also have abit of a zoo...
    snakes, beardy, geckos, dogs, cats. etc.

Personally, I think this is great! Yes, socializing with humans is important, but I'd have a zoo if I had the time, the space, and the money. Good for you for taking care of all those animals!

Me too!
  • orangesmartie
    Options
    Morning all. Just checking in. Meds taken. Am now going to walk up to Charlie's school to do swimming with his class. I do it every friday.

Sounds fun:). How hot is it in England during the summer?

My car gauge said it was 22 degrees today. Yesterday was 26. That's very hot for here