Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Confession: I stayed up later than my husband last night because I needed to exercise. I had planned to go in and snuggle with him after, but when I got there the cat was in my spot and I ended up cuddling the cat instead while reading my book. Wife fail.

Bahahaha! When I stay up later than my husband I end up not getting any cuddles because I don't want to wake him up. :o
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Fixed that for you!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    If I had packed anything else to eat, this frickin' hard boiled egg that will not peel would be in the garbage right now! I confess I am irrationally angry at an inanimate object.

Those infuriate me! Half a layer of white comes off with every piece of shell. I do what you do and chuck it in the trash. >_<
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    And so it begins... My dad and step-mother are taking me out for a birthday dinner tonight. I have started logging what I suspect I will be eating. Fried chicken. This place has the best fried chicken but the calories are off the charts. I have been doing really well for the past 70 day, not once over maintenance. I really don't want to blow it this weekend just because it is my birthday. I just don't see how I'll be able to resist.

I am seriously considering telling them I am too sick to go.

Don't do that! Just go and enjoy yourself, it's your birthday!! Get back on the wagon tomorrow! :) Happy Birthday!

Totally agree! That would be sad. :( It's your birthday! Celebrate! :)
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Hello all,

I've been lurking since page 1... wasn't planning to post was just enjoying the confessions. Then the thread went on, and on, and on, and I never felt it was the right opportunity to post anything. Just wanted to say that there are probably lots of us who enjoy this thread, who empathise, who find it interesting, who laugh and cry along with everyone else, and might not post a lot but thoroughly enjoyed it, and hopefully will continue to do so.

My confession (I feel the need to contribute at least once) is that I skipped breakfast today so I could go for a waffle and ice-cream for lunch and I also have a take-away curry for dinner tonight. I use CICO when it suits me!

I am in maintenance at the moment as I have started NROLFW and am enjoying eating all the foods now, but this is the first time I've had ice-cream for lunch and I have no regrets!

No regrets! Often on the weekends, I don't eat breakfast because I know I'll eat a high calorie dinner and have cocktails. Welcome to the thread!

That's actually my weight loss "secret". I am not a morning person, and my stomach is on message, so I hardly ever eat breakfast. It gives me more room in the rest of my day, and I can eat a bigger meal during my starving time aka evening.

I don't eat until 9:30 or 10:00 and I get up around 5:00. I figure, why waste the calories if I'm not hungry?

Exactly. Also, I notice if I do eat early, I feel more hungry throughout the day than on days where I wait to eat.

Pretty much. That's why I hate days when I get up at 5am and I'm starving. My day is all screwed up. I end up having dinner at 4pm or something and half the time I'm fine, the other half I feel weak and need to eat again by 7pm and end up going over (like last night).

I used to never be hungry for breakfast, but now that I have dinner at 6pm or before and I don't snack after, I'm definitely hungry by 8am most mornings. I'm jealous of people who don't need breakfast, honestly, but I'm guessing they eat later than I do.

I usually eat an earlier lunch - around 11 or 11:30. That's when my at home kid is use to eating, so it works for me. I think I eat so much in the evening that it tides me over that long haha.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.
    Exactly!
    I have never understood fruit on a veggie salad.....

Same. I always thought it was just me. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Fixed that for you!
    Thank you. I hadn't cried yet, but that pushed me over the edge. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options

Oh no! I'm sorry. :( We all mess up sometimes, don't beat yourself up about it. I hope he was able to get there in time to get in!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Agreed. I would have never guessed you were only 20 other than your screen name and you mentioning it recently. Very wise, mature woman!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    SusieQ Thank you for the update. I agree with their point to a point - Not everything is perfectly cut and dry and my guess is there has been consideration and potentially discussion on where this thread belongs that has not been (nor does it need to be) shared with any of us.

I'm probably not going to be around for 4 - 5 days although I may have time to check in on Saturday. I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

We'll miss you. Hope you enjoy your weekend as well. How's your daughter doing?

Thank you and Bueller :wink:

I'm off to a nice trip with SO, a mini vacation to Chicago and Madison. Thank you for asking. Daughter is so-so today. Overall she is much better, just last night we butted heads a little bit. She and I are both very articulate so we can debate a long time. Nutritionist gave us what I feel is wacky advice (i.e. drink less water -- Really?!? she runs and it is HOT here. She does not drink too much water that I've noticed, and if the nutritionist has listened to what my daughter said then she would see that there is virtually no chance that the water is causing the issues. The only other advice was some super expensive supplements. I'm going to do some research of the medical journals and talk to daughter's doctor because at this point I don't see any continued benefit from this nutritionist and I do see some potential for harm. However, diligent research scientist that I am, I will go in once I've educated myself with the latest medical journal studies on such things as they apply to teen girls - and I will also look into the funding of the study and the reputation of the authors of the study. Yeah, I get that way when I want information.)

I hope all are well. I am mentally offering support and encouragement to those who need it, laughing with the funnies, and overall loving this group, just need to focus a lot on work today so I won't be able to reply anywhere near as often as I'd like. :smile:

What are you doing while in Madison? That where I live :)

Also want to add that I think you are an amazing mom!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

Sorry so long, but I had a lot to say.

tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

Sorry you hurt yourself more! I'm not even hurt that bad and it already sucks, so I can only imagine.

I hope your stepdaughter actually shows up on Saturday... and you figure out the cat situation.

Confession - going to try really hard to stay away from the sweets in the house today, but I'm allowing myself some instant pudding mix in my yogurt. Hoping I can keep a bigger deficit today to make up for yesterday. I just don't understand why some days moderation is so easy and some days I just want all the carbs. I just wish I knew for sure what kind of day it was going to be so I knew if it was safe to have a piece of chocolate or not...

I still don't really feel like eating anything so I had grilled chicken and veggies for lunch, and it was very boring.

Heh I know people are different but I can honestly could eat a homemade grilled chicken salad with lite ranch every day. I pound the chicken and season it with a little salt and a lot of pepper and sear it in the pan with just a bit of olive oil spray, no oil. So sooooo good. Sometimes the chicken doesn't make it to the salad!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Fixed that for you!

Yes, you did. That is much better, @BZAH10.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Today is my second day in a row that I haven't binged. I hope to stop binging & maybe I'll set a reward system like I did with weight loss. Before I started binging I was around 153 now I'm up to about 160 which was what my original goal weight was going to be anyway, but I would like to eventually lose a little more. For right now I am going to set my calories around 1973 & try to eat around that amount everyday but if I go over some days I am NOT going to BEAT myself up & try to make up for it in another day.

Last night I confessed I was hungry at 11:33 & wasn't going to eat anything but decided to eat a Quest bar, because I hate going to bed hungry.

I also ordered New Rules Of Lifting For Women on Amazon & hope to get it soon.

You can do this! I think I'm getting better at sticking to my own calorie goal by taking all the restricted foods I was hiding from and throwing that label out of the window. I honestly feel MUCH less like baking all the foods, eating all the foods, and drowning my sorrows in more of the food when I have it all sitting right there in my fridge, just being food.

As I told my husband yesterday: I messed up big time because I was tired, and whether I had those foods in my fridge or not, the outcome would have been exactly the same--just because I was able to make cookies (and proceed to eat too many of them) doesn't change the fact that I would have pigged out on anything else that was available if I didn't have cookie ingredients available, for example.

And you know what's really awesome? Normally I would have made the cookies, eaten ALL the cookies, and then gobbled down the remaining chocolate chips. This time, yes, I ate too many of them (7), but I then put the rest away into the freezer, and I didn't even feel the urge to touch the chocolate chips because "those are for baking". Since I can bake whenever I want, I don't need to get them out of the house by eating them just so I don't mess up tomorrow.

Does that make sense? My husband had a really hard time understanding my feeling of making progress when I had blown my calorie goal so badly, but I told him that you guys (and anyone else with disordered food issues or weight issues) would understand it. :)

Baby steps! That is what this 'journey' is all about. (Sorry to those of you who cringe at the word 'journey'. It was too apropos ;) )

Why do people cringe at the term journey? I have never understood that?
  • catruledquilter
    catruledquilter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    And so it begins... My dad and step-mother are taking me out for a birthday dinner tonight. I have started logging what I suspect I will be eating. Fried chicken. This place has the best fried chicken but the calories are off the charts. I have been doing really well for the past 70 day, not once over maintenance. I really don't want to blow it this weekend just because it is my birthday. I just don't see how I'll be able to resist.

I am seriously considering telling them I am too sick to go.

It's your birthday...go ahead and celebrate! You can just get right back on track the next day. I have season tickets to a local dinner theater. I indulge in whatever I want to eat on the nights I go there...that's about 6 times a year. I do it guilt free and get back on track the next morning.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    If I had packed anything else to eat, this frickin' hard boiled egg that will not peel would be in the garbage right now! I confess I am irrationally angry at an inanimate object.

I hate it when I can't get the egg to peel & for some reason I can't boil them the right way because they never peel easy when I make them.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    In the interest of staying on track on this thread...

Confession: I have gained 16 pounds since I started this job in November. Granted it's a desk job, and I came from a fairly active job where I was on my feet a lot. This morning I was down two pounds from my current highest weight. However, my MFP weight is still lower than where I am currently, so I can't log the loss. And that makes me a little sad. :'(

I have also been working SL 5X5s since November. I'm starting to feel strong! Last night I did 190 lbs on my squat, tried for 75 pounds on my OHP (but couldn't finish all my reps on the last set), and 215 on my deadlift. Lost my grip on the last deadlift. I think I need some deadlifting gloves to help my grip. I am going to be trying 120 pounds on my bench press tomorrow night, and 105 on my rows. I <3 lifting!

What is SL 5X5s? Other people have mentioned it and I have never heard of it?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    Rant for the day. I offered to take my ex with my son and I when we go camping this weekend for Fathers day. At first he was all for it BUT because we can't leave exactly when he wanted to due to the fact I have a Dr appointment he threw a fit and now he is not coming. The irony of it is the Drs office just called to change the date of my visit so we could have went when he wanted to leave after all. Confession I might have sent him a snarky text telling him this. I shouldn't let him get under my skin or even offer to do things with/for him because I just get angry in the end and my son ends up being disappointed as well. Is it bad to wish he would just disappear off the face of the earth.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Hello all,

I've been lurking since page 1... wasn't planning to post was just enjoying the confessions. Then the thread went on, and on, and on, and I never felt it was the right opportunity to post anything. Just wanted to say that there are probably lots of us who enjoy this thread, who empathise, who find it interesting, who laugh and cry along with everyone else, and might not post a lot but thoroughly enjoyed it, and hopefully will continue to do so.

My confession (I feel the need to contribute at least once) is that I skipped breakfast today so I could go for a waffle and ice-cream for lunch and I also have a take-away curry for dinner tonight. I use CICO when it suits me!

I am in maintenance at the moment as I have started NROLFW and am enjoying eating all the foods now, but this is the first time I've had ice-cream for lunch and I have no regrets!

No regrets! Often on the weekends, I don't eat breakfast because I know I'll eat a high calorie dinner and have cocktails. Welcome to the thread!

That's actually my weight loss "secret". I am not a morning person, and my stomach is on message, so I hardly ever eat breakfast. It gives me more room in the rest of my day, and I can eat a bigger meal during my starving time aka evening.

I don't eat until 9:30 or 10:00 and I get up around 5:00. I figure, why waste the calories if I'm not hungry?

Exactly. Also, I notice if I do eat early, I feel more hungry throughout the day than on days where I wait to eat.

Likewise. No need to get that train rolling when I have no desire. In reality, I eat very little from wake up to 6pm. I like to have a nice filling meal in the evening. Keeps me from grazing all night.
  • MissKalhan
    MissKalhan Posts: 2,282 Member
    Options
    Confession: I've been such a horrible depression cycle for the past two weeks, work and life is just weighing me down. I rage quit my job yesterday but now I'm here, I love my job but my mental health right now isn't supportive of the job. I'm now stuck between do I stay and wait it out (mental healthwise) or do I stay and look to move on asap?