Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Checking in from page 918. I spent the last 37 hours in bed. No joke. On average, my Fitbit tells me I take 27,000 steps a day. Yesterday, my total was 414. I got so unbelievably sick Monday afternoon that I called my husband home from work early so I could rest. After lots and lots of vomiting(sorry) and sleeping and a tiny bit of food yesterday, I'm feeling much better. Not quite 100% but ok enough that my husband went back to work today (he took yesterday off because we don't have anyone else to help watch our son). Anyway, while I am very thankful that my husband took time off from work checking in on me and making sure I had everything I needed and he kept our son happy, fed, (and alive)...holy cow, the house(kitchen mostly) was a disaster! Like I said, I was literally in bed for 37 hours except for bathroom trips so when I came downstairs this morning...OMG! Dishes, crumbs, empty cans, cat's water bowl just about empty,..etc etc. Thank goodness I'm back to join the living because I'm afraid to see what the house would have looked like after another day without me!
    Hope everyone else is doing well..I've got some catching up to do...in between cleaning!! ;)
    ETA: I hope I don't sound b*tchy...I really do appreciate my husband..so, so much for so many things beyond helping me when I am sick. I think it's just nice to see that I am needed..he got a glimpse into my day as a stay at home mom...it's not just all relaxing with our son playing games, and having fun. There's cleaning, laundry, dishes, and meals to be made, cats to take care of, etc. etc.
    Ok enough.

Hope you are feeling better!

Thank you..and to everyone else who wishes me well! I am much better. I'm about half-way through the day and I'm have eaten two meals and a snack and al have stayed down! :)
    And to you Froggy, I'm so sorry for the troubles you are having. It sounds like you know what you need to do even though it's not what you'd like to do. You'll figure it out and make the right decision! Hugs to you!

Dah I must've missed this somehow, I'm sorry :( I'm happy you're feeling better now, yay!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.

I never typed any part of the second message, I just thought it and have been for quite some time now.

My husband brought this up during our "discussion" (fight) last Friday. He asked if I wanted him to take the car away from her if she couldn't pay the tags, and I said no because then she wouldn't have any way to get to work. Although, that's not really my problem. I wasn't relying on other people when I was 19, I had a car that I paid for and was working AND going to college full time. I know she's not me, but she needs to learn some accountability and responsibility. I might make the suggestion that until she CAN pay for the tags, that he drive the car since it's in his name anyway.

I'm afraid that if I keep bringing this up to my husband, we'll have a terrible vacation and anniversary and I've waited 15 DAMN years for this and I REFUSE to let her ruin that for us. Why does she have to be such a selfish brat?!

Ugh I'm sorry. I hope you have a great vacation. Maybe just enjoy each other and try not to talk about your step daughter at all :(

I don't plan on uttering her name 1 time. During that week, she shall be like Voldemort; she who shall not be named.

I also plan on stuffing my face and not giving a tiny rats @ss about calories or macros. I will look like a bloated beauty in my bikinis. :smiley:

Hehe I love this. :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Had two big glasses of wine and am enjoying the slightly fuzzy state of mind. I just got done reading a book where the characters were constantly talking about delicious strawberry wine and it made me crave the stuff. Problem is... I never had strawberry wine. Is it any good? Does anyone know OF good strawberry wine? ;)

Also, that purse thing is rough. I can't even imagine :( Im sorry and I hope a good person returns it to you.

When I was in my teens and buying wine on a fake ID I used to buy Boone's Farm Strawberry Wine. Like $2 a bottle. Liked it then. Now...ewww. But maybe a better brand would be better?

Holy crap! Boones Farm...oh the memories. Speaking of..my high school graduation was 20 years ago, yesterday! Whew!

yours is spelled wrong!

So funny..I had a girl with the last name Kelley in my first grade class...and we actually got into a small argument about who spelled it correctly. She actually went up to ask the teacher!
    ETA: a bunch of my high school friends were posting about it on FB yesterday...although I think I would have remembered the date anyhow.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I blame this thread for making me reheat some rice with some sugar and milk... and no I didn't put raisins in it.

I'm now over my calories and it's 2.30pm.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/
    I love raisins in rice (and maybe with a bit of cinnamon). So delicious :smiley: Then again I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something I don't like. I do prefer grapes to their dehydrated format, though :tongue:

Cinnamon in savory rice? O.O That's even worse! No judgement from me, of course, but you have some weird tastes... :p

Well, actually I guess it's more of a rice dessert :lol: Sometimes I'll add milk in there too, or cook it with coconut milk. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird though... the cherry on top for him was when I mixed orange juice with milk and vanilla and drank that repeatedly over a couple of weeks (strong craving). So good, like a creamsicle drink!

That's called "sweet rice" or "rice pudding" around here and it is quite common.

I freaking love rice pudding. I will eat the whole pot if nobody stops me.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    About Big Brother. I've been watching it the past few years. Every year, I say I'm not going to watch it because it's so silly. Then, summer comes and there is absolutely nothing else on TV and I get sucked into it anyway.

I didn't watch it initially & just thought it sounded idiotic. Then I watched Season 4 for the reasons you described above, got hooked & have watched every season since.

So funny that what happens on the feeds & the network show are 2 very different versions of the same chain of events, hah. Can't decide if I want to keep up with the feeds this year, or just watch the show.

(I'm not one of those people that actually WATCH the feeds, but there are a couple of really good recap sites that tell you the story behind the story. As I'm sure most you know.)

I watched part of the feeds last year for the first time, but they are so boring. I won't be doing that again.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    When I worked as a youth counselor at a wilderness boarding school we sometimes had rice with sugar and butter for breakfast and the girls called it "Poor boy cereal"..I was not a fan personally.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

Good for you for sending the message! I have to admit though, I do like your would-be message more! :)
    Good luck, and as always, keep us posted!

Saw the update. Ugh. :(
  • Francl27
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/
    I love raisins in rice (and maybe with a bit of cinnamon). So delicious :smiley: Then again I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something I don't like. I do prefer grapes to their dehydrated format, though :tongue:

Cinnamon in savory rice? O.O That's even worse! No judgement from me, of course, but you have some weird tastes... :p

Well, actually I guess it's more of a rice dessert :lol: Sometimes I'll add milk in there too, or cook it with coconut milk. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird though... the cherry on top for him was when I mixed orange juice with milk and vanilla and drank that repeatedly over a couple of weeks (strong craving). So good, like a creamsicle drink!

That's called "sweet rice" or "rice pudding" around here and it is quite common.

I freaking love rice pudding. I will eat the whole pot if nobody stops me.

Yeah right there with you, but I don't know how to do it the 'proper' way. First (and last) time I tried, I totally ruined the pan.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    xsklhtu9rjtq.jpg

My son after his first day of work. Worn out and so cute!

How cute!!

Adorable! @quiksylver296 did your son go back to work today?

No. Tuesdays and Thursdays only. I didn't want him doing too much.

I'm off work for the day
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Are we watching cricket and eating cake?

I don't care what we're doing as long as there are real English people there who I can listen to speak :)
    My husband has a fairly 'posh' English accent (his mother - RIP - sounded like the Queen) and he has no idea that women swoon when he talks to them.

When I was in America one if my colleagues had the bumbling Scot act perfected. The American ladies loved him.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    About Big Brother. I've been watching it the past few years. Every year, I say I'm not going to watch it because it's so silly. Then, summer comes and there is absolutely nothing else on TV and I get sucked into it anyway.

I didn't watch it initially & just thought it sounded idiotic. Then I watched Season 4 for the reasons you described above, got hooked & have watched every season since.

So funny that what happens on the feeds & the network show are 2 very different versions of the same chain of events, hah. Can't decide if I want to keep up with the feeds this year, or just watch the show.

(I'm not one of those people that actually WATCH the feeds, but there are a couple of really good recap sites that tell you the story behind the story. As I'm sure most you know.)

I confess to paying for the feeds for a few years(starting with season 6..maybe why I loved that season so much). The problem is that I'm on the East coast and they're obviously on the West..things don't start to get exciting in the house until 9-10:00...which for me just was too late to try to stay up and watch the good stuff. So I started reading the update sites...and found they do a great job. Also BBAD is free with our cable so I dvr that and just skip through to the good stuff.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I was going to make the same correction. Us Brits are sensitive about our biscuits apparently.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    I was looking earlier and it seems as if the modern gift for the 15th anniversary is a watch. The traditional is crystal, but I really can't think of anything crystal my husband would like. I think I'm going to get him a watch but I'm not sure how to sneak it to Florida with us without him know what it is. Do they allow wrapped items in a suitcase or carryon? I would hate for it to get lost of broken on the way there, so I would feel safer if it were in my carryon or in my backpack. Any suggestions on nice but not Rolex-priced time pieces? I was thinking Bulova or Citizen. Are those nice?!

Also, T-10 DAYS!!!

A couple years ago I bought my husband a really nice Invicta watch. He really likes it.

Not sure about what is allowed as far as pre-wrapped, but if it was me, I'd wrap it in something really soft and keep it in my carry-on and then wrap it for him when you get to your destination. You may even be able to make-shift wrap it in stationary or paper with the hotel / resort logo on it. That would be memorable, I'd think.

I got my better half a Hugo Boss watch (steel, with a blue face and silvery roman numerals) as a sort of oh-hey-we're-engaged! gift. It's a very classy looking watch, but didn't cost anywhere near $9k. ;)
  • Francl27
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

Hahaha I can just see it. I don't mind raisins but I like my dishes better without them, honestly, given the choice.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    When I worked as a youth counselor at a wilderness boarding school we sometimes had rice with sugar and butter for breakfast and the girls called it "Poor boy cereal"..I was not a fan personally.

You people putting sugar on your rice are monsters.

Confession: There were times when I was super broke where rice with barbecue sauce was dinner. Still would.
  • CountessKitteh
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Your husband is a smart man.