Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    OMG! So, if you Google "shark eating chocolate powder while wearing a trash bag" several of the profile pics from this thread show up! @riderfangal, @Tubbs216, @m1xm0d3, @kelly_c_77

Bahaha! Just had to look for myself!

And now, I need to make these:
    full_9399_81767_CrochetedSharkSlipperSocks_2.jpg

I need these in my size.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    OMG! So, if you Google "shark eating chocolate powder while wearing a trash bag" several of the profile pics from this thread show up! @riderfangal, @Tubbs216, @m1xm0d3, @kelly_c_77

I must confess, part of me thinks "That's cute". While the other part of me thinks "Look, a shark is eating a babies foot. That baby needs assistance. No, it's just a booty. That's freaky."

Ha! So, until you said this, I didn't realize they were baby booties - I thought they were weird finger warmer things (the leg creases were knuckle creases). So my thought process was "Cute, but why would you want to wear sharks on your fingers like Bugles? That seems like a lot of work for something that would just sit on your desk or something."

Hahaha at least I'm not the only one who thought they were weird hand warmers.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    New (rotating) avatar!

Simply put, Squints is the man! (Just as Wendy Peffercorn!) :wink:

You're killing me smalls!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

I need these in my size.
    I think this is a blue/gold/brown/white dress thing. How can you not see that this is a cute, chubby baby leg?!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.
    Super great.

You're all super great!

Agreed! You're all so incredibly wonderful. And now a certain poster who shall not be named, ( @quiksylver296 did you ever find out who this was) has stopped posting here, it truly IS a safe place.

I didn't, PM me please!

If I have this figured out... I would hint that she "danced" right out of here.

DING DING DING!!! WE HAVE A WINNER!!! Your prize is free non-judged confessions for life...or as long as this thread is still alive. CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Ok, now I'm confused. I totally thought it was bun lady. Help me out, @MoHousdon.

I think those might be one and the same person. If I'm remembering correctly anyway.

• Kalici
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Kalici wrote: »
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol

I don't know if this is helpful or not (I'm still relatively new to this whole thing), but I don't do "cheat meals". If I am craving something, I just make sure it fits into my daily calorie allowance or I work out extra to make it fit. I don't view food as "good" or "bad" I just view as "good" or "gross". I hope you can get back on track. Good luck.

+1..me too! Definitely helped my "relationship" with food. If I want it, I make room for it, or balance out my calories the rest of the week!

I agree with this as well. A while back we got on the topic of Poptarts to the point that I had to go out and get some. I had one to get it out of my system. A month later i still have a few left.

I did that. i had to buy poptarts when i saw them because of this thread. I inhaled way too many and then threw the rest in a bin, just so I wouldn't eat them

I bought fudge ones, but I bought the cheap market basket brand. To my surprise they tasted a lot better. They were moist and chewy and yum. I am now afraid to buy anymore because they are the same amount of calories. :)

MARKET BASKET!! Where are you from? MA or NH? Or ME?

I'm from MA.
  • Kalici
    Options
    I log everything. Meticulously. But i went to a wedding yesterday and ignored every single hor doeuvre i ate.

Anything consumed at a wedding is calorie free!!! And Welcome!!

That is because you're giving all the calories to the newlyweds. That is the true reason for marriage comfort pounds! This is why you should definitely have a tiny wedding with as few people as possible. Less calories that way. ;)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I listen to Let It Go (sometimes) while I run.

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)

I lip sync too. People at the gym must think I am nuts.

I am totally in this boat! Also, I sometimes yell at the TV when I'm watching sports!

I sometimes use the treadmill as my runaway or do weird dances if some jam from the '80's or '90's comes on.

I will too..but mostly using big arm movements trying to act out the song. I have (more than once) knocked my ear buds out of my ears by swinging my arm and hitting/pulling the cord. I have even yanked the whole MP3 player out of my shorts pocket...scares the crap out of me.

Two words for you.....bluetooth headphones.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    God I might finally give in after having read every single post in this thread so far. I'm 40 pages behind and really struggling to keep up. *sadface*
    Keep going! You can do it!

Omg I did it... one more page to go LOL
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

I need these in my size.
    I think this is a blue/gold/brown/white dress thing. How can you not see that this is a cute, chubby baby leg?!

I thought the same thing when I saw the OP on my computer at work I was like are y'all crazy that's obvious a baby leg with a bootie on it! But seeing it again and I'm on my phone I can totally see how it looked like a finger!
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    I know I didnt respond to anyone, but I skimmed it all and

vKuAT2b.jpg

and hope it never gets closed/moved

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Feels good to be wearing clothes that truly fit again. No more sucking in my gut or keeping the top button of my pants unbuttoned! I am donating all of my oversized clothes so I have nothing to swell into down the road.
    Good for you! That's awesome.

Thanks! I am almost down 50, even though MFP says like 38 cuz I didn't record the last gain over winter. Roomy clothes are awesome! (And by roomy, I mean properly fit as opposed to squeezing into while simultaneously cutting off circulation ;))

Way to go! That's awesome and I'm sure your clothes and circulation are thanking you. :wink:

Hahaha thanks and yes they are. I've essentially unlocked a section of my wardrobe that hasn't been worn in years. Hell, some still have the tags on them cuz they were too small to wear on day one. I'm trying them on tonight. I hope they all fit!

That is absolutely adorable.

:blush:

I DID try them on. Some shirts fit and some were oooh so close. A few more weeks and I know they will. The last of my work slacks now fit which pleases me to no end. :smiley:

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Quiz to see how well you Yanks and C'nucks understand proper British English, just in case we do all get together for a tea party one day:
    http://en.what-character-are-you.com/d/en/1041/index/5577.html
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    mantium999 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    Confession: I ate nearly 4000 calories yesterday. Mostly in bread and cookies. Ugh.

Anyhow, it's prayer time and the fast has started--I'm off to pray and then maybe get some sleep (I hope).

@ndj1979 True and true, but that's okay. We don't mind being wrong when it feels so right. :smiley: Although there are quite a lot of confessions in these 959 pages, if you care to browse for them.

eh - my confession - not sure how this would be helpful to newbies as it appears to be a collection of gifs, notes on tv series, and other things, while I am sure are fun to discuss, I fail to see their utility to someone new to weight loss.

I think it's here in the General section because a lot of people feel free to ask questions in here that often get blasted into dumpster fire threads under normal circumstances. A bit like the restaurant-related questions you mentioned in that post of yours... The forums are a scary place for newbies. The "No judgment" in the topic line seems to attract a lot of them, actually.

What you see right now isn't what the thread is like all the time--it's actually evolving constantly since it's so active. Since a lot of us have been here from the beginning, we do often just chit chat all together, but confessions and questions still pour in a lot.
    Agreed. And since this is a really supportive, safe zone, I honestly think a lot of people have been helped back from the verge of falling off the wagon by discussing their struggles here. Or had a helping hand back on when they have fallen. To be honest, I don't really care where this thread is, as long as it doesn't get nuked.

Same here, which is why I do kind of wonder why everyone jumps on the posters who dare to ask why it's in this particular section. Wouldn't it make more sense to explain all that before telling them to go away? :D

I don't understand why others are so offended by this thread? Apparently many more people than we knew or thought lurk and read every so often.

It's not that anyone is offended, the purpose of it is clear, and many like it. The issue many have is that it maintains a privileged status in a questionable location, when many more specific threads don't, and many posters who provide truly specific and valuable guidance receive "corrective action" because they are honest and don't sugar coat things. So, as much as "judgement free" can help some, many like myself, when starting, need a good kick in the *kitten*, but the "mean" threads that actually give sound advice get nuked, while the fluffy puppy thread that occasionally gets back to the discussion of General Diet and Weight Loss, ever so briefly, is given a superior ranking by those who get to make the decision.

Fluffy puppies are sacred to some of us! >:)

I'd add a cute gif if I wasn't using the touchpad on the laptop instead of the mouse... so I'm somewhat computer impaired atm.
    I gotchu
    tumblr_m24lb9o0ag1r5g67po1_500.gif
    QJOvL3t.gif

Ohhhhh, the PUPPIES! Thanks, you're awesome!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    clc6673u6k1o.jpg
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Woo hoo!! :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This morning is my kids' last morning of school... I'm not too happy about it. Less stressed than last year though... but still. I'm sorely going to miss my alone time. I'm not working out this morning so I can enjoy it (still got to run to the store though) but I'll take the kids to the gym this afternoon to keep them busy. I foresee a lot of time spent on the treadmill in the next 3 months.

I confess that I haven't touched my weights for 3 days and I really don't want to...
    I confess that I judge customers when they buy 2 pound weights or even four pound weights.
    I know for most people, it's just a fear of "getting bulky", but when I started home therapy, a 2 or 3 pound weight was the most my occupational therapist recommended I use.

14 out of 15 on the quiz. :p
  • Kalici
    Options
    Quiz to see how well you Yanks and C'nucks understand proper British English, just in case we do all get together for a tea party one day:
    http://en.what-character-are-you.com/d/en/1041/index/5577.html

You got:
    15 out of 15! You could be British!
    Congratulations! 15 out of 15 is a incredible score and (if you're not actually British yourself), this must be a sign that you're British at heart. Somehow you managed to get every single one right, which is even better than some Brits! What's your secret? There's no way that your friends will be able to match your score. Why not share this quiz and find out?
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!

I still have Easter candy left. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched my dark chocolate bunny yet. I know it's there, I just don't use calories on candy very often. I'd rather use them on fries or bacon cheeseburgers.
    Growing up, I always preferred salty to sweet. A few years ago, when I started really working out, it was like a switch was flipped. No more chips, peanuts, fries...I want alllll the candy, cookies, cakes, and ice cream. I will eat salty things and enjoy them...but never really crave them or want to use calories on them. That is, until now after being sick on Monday/Tuesday...now sweet stuff makes me want to throw up all over again...so I've been having salty stuff as my snacks the past few days.

I love salty. I rarely have cravings for sweet stuff, it's almost always salty that I'm hungry for. I very rarely will turn down chips or really crispy fries. They are my weakness. Especially with an ice cold Dr. Pepper. My favorite go to snack.

I love salty too. Can't keep chips in the house. Or dry roasted peanuts.

Last night I was craving cookies which I honestly never do. But I've figured out by the pain by my hip that it's ovulation day. That probably explains the extra weight.

Weird though, I very seldom get hormonal cravings. I blame this thread!! ;)

I have also been craving cookies, check out my diary, and it is because of hormones too.

Confession: I started my period today and I could NOT be happier because that means unless I have some freakishly long cycle, I will be period free for my vacation. I may have thanked God out loud while going to the bathroom. TMI I know, but I just had to share. Also, that could explain some of the weight gain I've experienced recently even though I'm still in a deficit.

I'm happy for you, for real. When my now husband and I met we made the decision to not be intimate. He'd recently come back to the church and I was in love enough to play along. FF to our wedding day 18 months later and I got my period THAT MORNING. It's funny now but at the time I was pissed. LOL Even funnier? I got pregnant on the honeymoon. Yay for two weeks in Cabo!