Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!

I still have Easter candy left. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched my dark chocolate bunny yet. I know it's there, I just don't use calories on candy very often. I'd rather use them on fries or bacon cheeseburgers.
    Growing up, I always preferred salty to sweet. A few years ago, when I started really working out, it was like a switch was flipped. No more chips, peanuts, fries...I want alllll the candy, cookies, cakes, and ice cream. I will eat salty things and enjoy them...but never really crave them or want to use calories on them. That is, until now after being sick on Monday/Tuesday...now sweet stuff makes me want to throw up all over again...so I've been having salty stuff as my snacks the past few days.

I love salty. I rarely have cravings for sweet stuff, it's almost always salty that I'm hungry for. I very rarely will turn down chips or really crispy fries. They are my weakness. Especially with an ice cold Dr. Pepper. My favorite go to snack.

I love salty too. Can't keep chips in the house. Or dry roasted peanuts.

Last night I was craving cookies which I honestly never do. But I've figured out by the pain by my hip that it's ovulation day. That probably explains the extra weight.

Weird though, I very seldom get hormonal cravings. I blame this thread!! ;)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Geographical stereotype: All people who live in Connecticut are rich, go to private schools, and spend their summers hanging with Muffy and Biff down at the yacht club.

Nope. Not even close.

The part of CT where I'm from isn't Martha Stewart's CT. There's not much around here but rundown neighborhoods, bitter angry people, and liquor stores. But hey, it's home

BAHAHAHA I <3 this so much...because you're right and I feel bad but that's exactly what I think about when people say they're from Conneticut one word comes to mind: WASPS :p

What do people think when they hear Kansas? Wheat fields, flat land, and Dorothy? Maybe some parts of Kansas, but surely not mine.

Here's a view of my city.
    9g6ddyen73kp.jpg

The only thing I think of when I hear Kansas is the fact that it doesnt sound the same as Arkansas and it should, and as a Brit, for some unknown reason that really upsets me haha

They're pronouncing it wrong.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/?title=Kansas

Ahh I think I explained that badly, what I meant was because "Arkansas" is spelt the same way as 'Kansas' but with an Ar, I always thought it should be pronounced 'Arr-Kansas'. Whereas it's actually 'Ar-ken-saw', does that make sense?

Yes, so we agree they're pronouncing it wrong. :smiley:

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    So, for dinner last night I had Cheese Nips and a handful of chocolate eggs leftover from Easter. And beer. Yay!
    You had chocolate leftover from Easter? How?!

Seriously, tell me how.

I was as shocked as you guys. For Easter, my BIL gave my son a cardboard egg "thing" with candy in it and it's been sitting on his dresser since then. I assumed it was empty, because candy + my kid, or filled with Legos or something. But lo, it was not! I need to clean up in there more often.
    Aha! So, it was not known that there was leftover candy...makes a little more sense now. And yes, go clean out his closet and see what you find!

I still have Easter candy left. As a matter of fact, I haven't touched my dark chocolate bunny yet. I know it's there, I just don't use calories on candy very often. I'd rather use them on fries or bacon cheeseburgers.
    Growing up, I always preferred salty to sweet. A few years ago, when I started really working out, it was like a switch was flipped. No more chips, peanuts, fries...I want alllll the candy, cookies, cakes, and ice cream. I will eat salty things and enjoy them...but never really crave them or want to use calories on them. That is, until now after being sick on Monday/Tuesday...now sweet stuff makes me want to throw up all over again...so I've been having salty stuff as my snacks the past few days.

I love salty. I rarely have cravings for sweet stuff, it's almost always salty that I'm hungry for. I very rarely will turn down chips or really crispy fries. They are my weakness. Especially with an ice cold Dr. Pepper. My favorite go to snack.

I love salty too. Can't keep chips in the house. Or dry roasted peanuts.

Last night I was craving cookies which I honestly never do. But I've figured out by the pain by my hip that it's ovulation day. That probably explains the extra weight.

Weird though, I very seldom get hormonal cravings. I blame this thread!! ;)

I have also been craving cookies, check out my diary, and it is because of hormones too.

Confession: I started my period today and I could NOT be happier because that means unless I have some freakishly long cycle, I will be period free for my vacation. I may have thanked God out loud while going to the bathroom. TMI I know, but I just had to share. Also, that could explain some of the weight gain I've experienced recently even though I'm still in a deficit.

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    New (rotating) avatar!

Simply put, Squints is the man! (Just as Wendy Peffercorn!) :wink:
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    New (rotating) avatar!

FOR-EV-URRRRR!!!

ETA: and my profile pic is a ghost again... Can anyone else see it? Is it Wonder Woman or my biceps?
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    New (rotating) avatar!

FOR-EV-URRRRR!!!

ETA: and my profile pic is a ghost again... Can anyone else see it? Is it Wonder Woman or my biceps?

Wonder Woman :)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    New (rotating) avatar!

FOR-EV-URRRRR!!!

That's good, but WHAT THE?!?!?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    I see Wonder Woman, also, @quiksylver296. Also, I'm a bit dyslexic (which another reason I have a hard time remembering full screen names) and I always call you "Quickysilver" in my head. That "y" seems to trip me up every time!

Confession: I have to go buy my husband a Father's Day card and gift after work and we're not even on speaking terms right now. This should be fun.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    New (rotating) avatar!

FOR-EV-URRRRR!!!

If I click directly on your name to bring up your profile I see the bicep pic
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    OMG! So, if you Google "shark eating chocolate powder while wearing a trash bag" several of the profile pics from this thread show up! @riderfangal, @Tubbs216, @m1xm0d3, @kelly_c_77

Hahahaha nice1.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    New (rotating) avatar!

FOR-EV-URRRRR!!!

Wonder Woman. :)
  • geelloyd
    geelloyd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Confession...when I know I've over eaten, I'll log the food item into the app as a lower calorie content than it actually is. I find that by doing this, it mentally keeps me happy as I haven't "gone over my daily intake." I believe this is what is keeping me from losing weight! Does anyone else do this? For example, for a piece of brown bread that is 100 cal, I will search it on the app under a different brand until I find one lower cal!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Feels good to be wearing clothes that truly fit again. No more sucking in my gut or keeping the top button of my pants unbuttoned! I am donating all of my oversized clothes so I have nothing to swell into down the road.
    Good for you! That's awesome.

Thanks! I am almost down 50, even though MFP says like 38 cuz I didn't record the last gain over winter. Roomy clothes are awesome! (And by roomy, I mean properly fit as opposed to squeezing into while simultaneously cutting off circulation ;))

Way to go! That's awesome and I'm sure your clothes and circulation are thanking you. :wink:

Hahaha thanks and yes they are. I've essentially unlocked a section of my wardrobe that hasn't been worn in years. Hell, some still have the tags on them cuz they were too small to wear on day one. I'm trying them on tonight. I hope they all fit!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    New (rotating) avatar!

FOR-EV-URRRRR!!!

I can't win. I completely deleted that picture...
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    New (rotating) avatar!

FOR-EV-URRRRR!!!

I can't win. I completely deleted that picture...

Oh, then that's weird because I see Wonder Woman here on this board, but when I click your profile pic I see your bicep!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Feels good to be wearing clothes that truly fit again. No more sucking in my gut or keeping the top button of my pants unbuttoned! I am donating all of my oversized clothes so I have nothing to swell into down the road.
    Good for you! That's awesome.

Thanks! I am almost down 50, even though MFP says like 38 cuz I didn't record the last gain over winter. Roomy clothes are awesome! (And by roomy, I mean properly fit as opposed to squeezing into while simultaneously cutting off circulation ;))

Woohoo! That's awesome! Do you ride to work all summer?

Yes I do. Starting in late March (or whenever days are above 45 degrees @ 7am---below that is just too darn cold) until late October or November (again, the early morning temp is how I decide). The heat doesn't bother me though. When it's close to 100 degrees I just remember to take it easier than normal and stay hydrated. It's all what you become conditioned to. :)
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Today's lunch theme is cookies. Cookies and Cream protein shake (because I didn't drink it for breakfast) and my 3 Chips Ahoy chocolate chip cookies. I do not regret this lunch decision. At least not yet. :smiley:

I'm not big on hard cookies but plain chips ahoy dipped in milk is the bestest ever.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    I can't see gifs or any image really on the Android app. :/

Really? I can. Are you on an older phone?
    I have the Galaxy S6 and can't see the images either. Almost caught up! I've been behind for days! Glad it's Friday since the thread ramps up Friday and then slows down on the weekend. I also have to catch myself before quoting one of you to friends IRL. Although, my husband knows about the thread and how involved I am. When we first started I would explain what thread I was talking about...even though it's the only one I've ever followed. Now I just say "The Thread", he laughs and I update him.

Also, wanted to say kudos to everyone that defended the thread a couple nights ago. Everyone handled it so well, and explained instead of getting angry. There is one poster that jumped on, 20+K posts, and I got a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach because I was so afraid that things were going to turn nasty. Was very glad that it didn't get nasty, and I didn't chime in because I knew I was way behind. Although if this thing does implode then, as @Tubbs216 put it, to the bat cave!!!
    Something happened to the thread a few nights ago? Dang, I always miss things like that.

Yeah, my phone is an LG G3. I checked just now. I have trouble seeing gifs and avatars, other static images seem to be okay.

• m1xm0d3
    Options
    New (rotating) avatar!

FOR-EV-URRRRR!!!

You're killing me, Smalls! :smiley:

I still see WW like I have all day and yesterday, I think.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

In my city there are very few Muslims. I know NONE personally, which is why I'm completely clueless but fascinated. And you are completely right: it's the fear of offending that keeps us from asking questions causes confusion and misunderstandings.

My step-daughter is married to a Mormon and I have several questions I'd like to ask him, but I don't out of fear of offending him. Hmmm.... perhaps this is something I need to work on.

In my experience, Mormons love to talk about their faith, they even stop by your house to tell you about it when they don't know you! I think you have a good chance of him being very open to discussing it with you. No offense to any Mormons here - every Mormon I personally know is extremely kind and nice to be around.
    They love it until you ask awkward questions, then you won't see them for dust. There are a lot of awkward questions to ask.

That's so true. I try to always be the one to answer the door when they come, because even though I'm not interested, I am nice about it. I don't love it, but I understand that is what their religion tells them to do. My husband is not so nice in that situation. Luckily the ones I see usually come in the middle of the day. I wish the people leaving anonymous Chick tracts on my porch would knock though. I'd love to ask them a thing or two.
    What is this?
    Short Evangelical comics made by a guy named Jack Chick.

i-dd55f012113fb7c28a2312d25d277a8d-chick2.jpg
    Bigoted but also unintentionally hilarious.
    My dad and stepmom were members of a church who handed these out when I was a teenager, and they got so mad at me when I laughed at them. My dad is a smart guy, and I cornered him and asked him if he *really* believed the nonsense in those books. He admitted that he didn't. He was still mad at me though. :neutral:
    Same thing happened to me in high school! Some guy thought the little comic constituted a convincing argument.