Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »

Wow! That's brutal! Glad you're doing it the healthy way now!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

I think it's become the thread motto, and I love it. <3

You guys will appreciate this. I went to immediate care last night to get a crazy insect bite on my knee checked out. The doc came into the room and asked me how I was, and without even thinking, I said, "super great". And then I just chuckled to myself for the rest of the appointment. LOL

That is SUPER GREAT!! Haha and hilarious
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Sorry guys, I don't have time to catch up at the moment, I'm driving down to Devon to see my mum and collect my nephew.

Just wanted to check in and say I've taken my medication this morning.

@girldownsouth i saw your message - I will reply when I get home, thank you x

@orangesmartie Yay! Hope your mom (mum) is doing well after her surgery. Have a good day.

• orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Ralso don't recall seeing @bkhamill for a couple of days?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol

I don't know if this is helpful or not (I'm still relatively new to this whole thing), but I don't do "cheat meals". If I am craving something, I just make sure it fits into my daily calorie allowance or I work out extra to make it fit. I don't view food as "good" or "bad" I just view as "good" or "gross". I hope you can get back on track. Good luck.

+1..me too! Definitely helped my "relationship" with food. If I want it, I make room for it, or balance out my calories the rest of the week!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Ralso don't recall seeing @bkhamill for a couple of days?

I saw her post yesterday about having freckles! But other than that I don't recall seeing anything else :(
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I just can't keep up. Despite checking in on this thread every day, I'm still 30 pages behind!

Had a bit of a nightmare with my GP recently. Told them 5 weeks ago I was pregnant. They don't give out the number for the midwife (midwife-led care is standard in the UK, you only see an OB if there's something wrong) and said, she'll call you. And it's my first, so I don't have any phone numbers from last time. Well she didn't call. 10 weeks in and no contact whatsoever. So I ring my GP, who says, we don't know, we just forward on the info, it's nothing to do with us, call back if you've not heard anything by week 12. Week 12?! For those who don't know, you're supposed to have a booking in appointment with the midwife anytime from week 8 onwards, and a dating scan at 12, so I was a bit antsy about this. Plus the fact they wouldn't even give me a contact number was pissing me off. Way to keep me in the dark and make me feel like my concerns are of no value.

Anyway, I decided to be proactive. Rang my local hospital and got through to the maternity ward as it's the only pathway I could think to find an NHS midwife. They were wonderful and a bit appalled on my behalf as they had no record of me. This was 6pm on Tuesday. By 10am on Wednesday they'd rung me back and said, would you like your booking in app at lunchtime? It lasts 1-2 hours so I was pleased they fit me in so quickly. Apparently I'm considered urgent since I'm further along than usual. It was nice to feel vindicated. In defense of the NHS, I should highlight the midwife and student midwife I saw were great. Pleasant, warm, understanding and very professional. Sorted out my next few appointments as they said leaving me in the dark about my own care was doing me no favours (damn straight!). Anyway, I get my first scan in a couple of weeks, so that's pretty exciting!

Tldr: Proper annoyed with my GP. Love the NHS midwives, they're ace.

Also for the Americans, NHS is national health service. You get some choice for example if there are two hospitals local to you, but you don't choose a midwife or choose a doctor like you do in the States. Hardly anyone I know uses a private midwife, it's just not common here unless you're seriously rich.

I would have been very upset if I were you. I'm glad you were able to find someone to help you. Can't wait to hear more updates on baby spamarie. :smile:

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I confess that I'm pretty irritated that I took a new profile pic 3 days ago & it still isn't showing up as my avatar....anyone know if I'm missing a setting or something? I already made it my "main" pic.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

I have a Jessica Simpson coat. It's really cute, olive green pea coat. But something about it being from the Jessica Simpson line does make me feel a little embarrassed for some reason. :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    2 confessions for today: 1) Bulk Barn is Evil. I have no will power (stupid gummy frogs)

2) hubby asked me to iron his shorts. This time, however, the iron was too hot for the synthetic material and I kinda, slighly melted a tiny hole in them. I am not saying a word until he irons them. Then I can blame the hole on him :wink:

Hahahahahahaha pure genius right there!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    xsklhtu9rjtq.jpg

My son after his first day of work. Worn out and so cute!

How cute!!

Adorable! @quiksylver296 did your son go back to work today?

No. Tuesdays and Thursdays only. I didn't want him doing too much.

I'm off work for the day

He looks so young! What kind of work is he doing?

He's 11. Working as a gofer for his uncle, who owns a cabinet shop.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    kellypence wrote: »
    So, actual confession instead of potty talk.

I don't like people. I mean, really. And that is just my brain's excuse for what is essentially a cross between being a true introvert and a social anxiety disorder. Anyway, my husband's old group of friends (ie, he hasn't seen any of them in the 10 years we've been together) is getting together on Sat for a "goodbye party" for one of them who's moving and tracked him down and invited us to the party. I don't wanna go (said in a pouty/whiny voice). My husband wants to go to an outdoor movie Sat night (which isn't my thing...see introvert/social anxiety above), and then Sun (Father's day) we're going to the track for a big get together with a group of friends (see introvert status). Next Fri we're going to my family's for a week to help my parents with the house (I love my family best for short visits, or from a distance). So last night I told him all this, and pretty much laid it on him....if it's really important to you, I'll go, but these reasons are why I'd rather not. I feel a little guilty, 'cause he's an extrovert and actually likes hanging out with people, but not really.

Maybe pick one or two of the activities instead of all of them. Would he feel comfortable going to the "goodbye party" by himself?
  • ciaraos27
    ciaraos27 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    If I'm quite stressed out I can get an upset stomach and that leads me to binging on all sorts of unhealthy things as I feel sorry for myself and comfort eat. I've been in this cycle this week so didn't log anything. Finally took action to log todays binge, at least :o Yikes...

I guess that has stopped me...for now!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

I literally only understood this about the 5th time I saw it.

Up until that point I was trying to understand what hammercy is. Use of a hammer?

Lord, have mercy! :blush:
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!

Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

Definitely. I'll message you. My mum lives in Maidenhead so I'm often over that way. I thought you lived in London.

I generally say London, then peoples have an idea where it is. No one ever heard of slough lol!

I'm usually in Devon for weekends ATM (due to mum and nephew), which is where I officially live (I'm like the queen, I have two residences lol), but if you're about for an evening :)

All I ever really do weekday evenings is go to the gym and watch criminal minds, I'm very boring like that, so I'm generally around!

We shall make a plan!

This would pretty much be the greatest thing ever if you two met IRL.

It really would be and the rest of us that are nowhere close to each other would be super jealous but still happy. But mostly jealous. :wink:

• MoHousdon
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    SusieQ Thank you for the update. I agree with their point to a point - Not everything is perfectly cut and dry and my guess is there has been consideration and potentially discussion on where this thread belongs that has not been (nor does it need to be) shared with any of us.

I'm probably not going to be around for 4 - 5 days although I may have time to check in on Saturday. I hope everyone has a nice weekend!

We'll miss you. Hope you enjoy your weekend as well. How's your daughter doing?

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.
    Exactly!
    I have never understood fruit on a veggie salad.....
    You don't like tomatoes on your salad? ;)
    "Knowledge is being aware that tomatoes are a fruit. Wisdom is not putting them in a fruit salad."

(Also, you can have strawberries on your salad and THEN strawberries after for dessert. Everyone wins :D)

Hahaha that cracked me up! That should be made into a shirt.
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I've been lurking since page 1... wasn't planning to post was just enjoying the confessions. Then the thread went on, and on, and on, and I never felt it was the right opportunity to post anything. Just wanted to say that there are probably lots of us who enjoy this thread, who empathise, who find it interesting, who laugh and cry along with everyone else, and might not post a lot but thoroughly enjoyed it, and hopefully will continue to do so.

My confession (I feel the need to contribute at least once) is that I skipped breakfast today so I could go for a waffle and ice-cream for lunch and I also have a take-away curry for dinner tonight. I use CICO when it suits me!

I am in maintenance at the moment as I have started NROLFW and am enjoying eating all the foods now, but this is the first time I've had ice-cream for lunch and I have no regrets!

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    When it finally comes time for a cheat meal... It some how magically turns into a cheat day... Then cheat week... And it only gets worse from there :/ Then after those awful cheat days, I decide I'll start again Monday. EVERY. DANG. TIME. Lol

I totally getcha. Good luck.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    When I worked as a youth counselor at a wilderness boarding school we sometimes had rice with sugar and butter for breakfast and the girls called it "Poor boy cereal"..I was not a fan personally.

You people putting sugar on your rice are monsters.

Confession: There were times when I was super broke where rice with barbecue sauce was dinner. Still would.

As a broke newlywed, I made Hamburger Helper without any hamburger or milk. Blech. Gosh, that was 1996. I haven't bought Hamburger Helper in at least 14(?) years. The thought of eating it now....disgusting. :s

Yuck, indeed. As newlyweds, we survived on Nature Valley granola bars, frozen pizzas that didn't really fit in our tiny apartment oven, and spaghetti with canned sauce, and no meat. Oh, and Ramen noodles. I didn't much care for nutrition back then as I was a highly active 20 year old. Oh to be young again.