Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably

This is honestly my go to thought now when I am close to a binge! LOL
  • maryelgin1988
    maryelgin1988 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

• girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Why's everyone hating on rice pudding. And why are people so surprised by it? You can buy it in a tin here.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I can barely eat rice as rice, I do not understand eating it as dessert when there are so many better things out there!!

Big Brother people - I just saw a clip of Audrey (transgender houseguest) being interviewed by Jeff Schroeder.....I do not know why they keep using him to do interviews and stuff for that show....he is a jerk....ugh

Julie just got choked up talking about said house guest saying that she hopes fans watch with an open heart and an open mind and learn something about a community they might not know about <3

I saw pictures of Audrey online today and she is so beautiful! I was jealous!
  • fr3smyl
    fr3smyl Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    We ate rice with two out of three meals a day growing up (sometimes 3 out of 3 ). But we never had it for dessert.
    I didn't hear about rice pudding until college.
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    I wish I had the bod of Rosa Acosta! !! Yeah I know I probably never will but before I stuff my face w cupcakes or want to junk food out next time, I'm going to visualize her body w my head. Lol

So I had to google that name. Wooo lawdhammercy!

I literally only understood this about the 5th time I saw it.

Up until that point I was trying to understand what hammercy is. Use of a hammer?
  • FluffySandwich
    FluffySandwich Posts: 1,293 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/
    I love raisins in rice (and maybe with a bit of cinnamon). So delicious :smiley: Then again I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something I don't like. I do prefer grapes to their dehydrated format, though :tongue:

Cinnamon in savory rice? O.O That's even worse! No judgement from me, of course, but you have some weird tastes... :p

Well, actually I guess it's more of a rice dessert :lol: Sometimes I'll add milk in there too, or cook it with coconut milk. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird though... the cherry on top for him was when I mixed orange juice with milk and vanilla and drank that repeatedly over a couple of weeks (strong craving). So good, like a creamsicle drink!

My mom loves BOTH of those. Rice pudding, she calls it, and the orange milk stuff too! I think she's weird, too... :p My sister loves them as well. Maybe I'm the weird one...

When I said traditional rice, I meant savory food; it's usually cooked with spices like cumin and bay leaves, and it often also has fried onions and nuts on top. And then there are those evil little raisins mixed in, pretending to be nuts. I don't actually like any of the toppings, although the nuts are okay. :p The best part is always the meat! Mmmm, meat. I miss my aunt's cooking. :o

I can't believe I forgot about rice pudding, yep that's what it is! :tongue: So yummy. I'd try the savory stuff too, that actually sounds pretty good to this girl (I feel like it probably wouldn't sit too well with most Americans, though).
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Embarrassing Confession: A few months ago, I found out about a website called BeautifulPeople.com through another forum. They were laughing about how ridiculous it was, and I thought it was pretty shallow a concept. However, everyone jumped in and tried to get approved. You upload a picture and if the members deem you ''beautiful enough,'' you get to become a member. Ratings are ''ABSOLUTELY NOT!'' ''No.'' ''Hmmm ok'' and ''Beautiful!'' I uploaded a picture of me (plus a false name) out of curiosity, and to my overwhelming surprise I got in! You have to pay to use their site, so I wasn't going to do that (not that I had any plans of using the site anyway :/). I feel a little embarrassed at having done that though.

(Also, yay, I haven't been flagged!)

EDIT: I have actually used it a few times, because as a member I can vote for people to get approved. I can't do anything for the women, but I always vote ''Beautiful'' on every man I see. I know how hurtful it feels to get those ''absolutely nots,'' and I want them to have at least one beautiful, because I'm one of those dopey people who think everyone has a beauty to them.

That's because you're the ONLY one that feels that way! I know the rest of us see your beauty. No need to be embarrassed if it helped with your self-esteem. You deserve it!

And, it's NOT dopey to see beauty in everyone. That is a priceless quality to have.

That's just so sweet and kind of you. Thank you! It did help my self esteem a bit, but I also admit that the ''absolutely not'' votes were hurtful :lol:
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    @bkhamill -I'm glad you are ok.

@nonoelmo -you do have perfect hair for your costume. :)

My boyfriend still isn't here. I'm wondering if he will bother showing up.
    Thank you.

I'm sad for you about your boyfriend. Is this a pattern or one time /first time?

First time thing. Sigh. Oh well.

Anyway, I hope you all have a good weekend!

Wasn't this the day you were supposed to have the "talk"? Or am I completely wrong

Yes, he decided he was too tired to come over which caused another fight. We did end up talking Saturday. I'm going to try to work things out but I'm still torn. I want to try therapy and then if nothing changes, I'm done. :(

My heart physically hurts because I want to stay but yet leave. When things are good they are wonderful but I don't know if I can forgive, forget and trust again. That's why I want to try therapy first.

Now to catch up with the rest of the thread.

Can I ask a question, I apologise if it's intrusive. I'm guessing from some of the things you've said you live apart? But you said you've been together 11 years. Is moving in together something you've discussed? And if so what has stopped you?

Sorry I just saw this. Yea we live apart. We stay together (or used to-not so much now) a lot though. We had planned on moving in together but things keep getting in the way. I seriously think he is someone who doesn't want to make a serious commitment. That is one reason why I don't think this will work either way.

It sucks that I'm so in love with someone that I will probably have to leave someday. I just don't know how I'm going to get through everything.

I'm sorry to read this. But, dammit, you deserve someone who is head-over-heels crazy about you and moves heaven and earth to live together.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    http://www.dressbarn.com/detail/bordered-floral-shift-dress/102266210/950

This is the dress I ended up buying Sunday. It's sexy yet understated. Just like me. :smiley:

VERY tasteful! I love it!
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

I totally agree with everything you said!

I think I only have one friend from this thread though.....odd actually.....
  • FluffySandwich
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I loved seasons 6 and 7 of Big Brother!

Today I went shopping for my trip tomorrow, and I HATE HATE HATE clothes shopping. Browsing online I have grown to like, but I was out and about and just hated it. The long line for the changing room, the almost running into people at every corner, and not finding anything I feel like trying on anyway...

There was one store I went into because I saw they were having a major sale. Dresses 50% off. I went up to them and was a little excited, because they were cute dresses. Yeah, no thanks. Even if it's a 50% off sale, 50% of $300 is still way too much for me to handle.

Edit: I agree with @CountessKitteh. This is pretty much the only thread I post in, and I feel at home here.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/
    I love raisins in rice (and maybe with a bit of cinnamon). So delicious :smiley: Then again I think you'd be hard-pressed to find something I don't like. I do prefer grapes to their dehydrated format, though :tongue:

Cinnamon in savory rice? O.O That's even worse! No judgement from me, of course, but you have some weird tastes... :p

Well, actually I guess it's more of a rice dessert :lol: Sometimes I'll add milk in there too, or cook it with coconut milk. My boyfriend thinks I'm weird though... the cherry on top for him was when I mixed orange juice with milk and vanilla and drank that repeatedly over a couple of weeks (strong craving). So good, like a creamsicle drink!

My mom loves BOTH of those. Rice pudding, she calls it, and the orange milk stuff too! I think she's weird, too... :p My sister loves them as well. Maybe I'm the weird one...

When I said traditional rice, I meant savory food; it's usually cooked with spices like cumin and bay leaves, and it often also has fried onions and nuts on top. And then there are those evil little raisins mixed in, pretending to be nuts. I don't actually like any of the toppings, although the nuts are okay. :p The best part is always the meat! Mmmm, meat. I miss my aunt's cooking. :o

I can't believe I forgot about rice pudding, yep that's what it is! :tongue: So yummy. I'd try the savory stuff too, that actually sounds pretty good to this girl (I feel like it probably wouldn't sit too well with most Americans, though).
    Embarrassing Confession: A few months ago, I found out about a website called BeautifulPeople.com through another forum. They were laughing about how ridiculous it was, and I thought it was pretty shallow a concept. However, everyone jumped in and tried to get approved. You upload a picture and if the members deem you ''beautiful enough,'' you get to become a member. Ratings are ''ABSOLUTELY NOT!'' ''No.'' ''Hmmm ok'' and ''Beautiful!'' I uploaded a picture of me (plus a false name) out of curiosity, and to my overwhelming surprise I got in! You have to pay to use their site, so I wasn't going to do that (not that I had any plans of using the site anyway :/). I feel a little embarrassed at having done that though.

EDIT: I have actually used it a few times, because as a member I can vote for people to get approved. I can't do anything for the women, but I always vote ''Beautiful'' on every man I see. I know how hurtful it feels to get those ''absolutely nots,'' and I want them to have at least one beautiful, because I'm one of those dopey people who think everyone has a beauty to them.

That's because you're the ONLY one that feels that way! I know the rest of us see your beauty. No need to be embarrassed if it helped with your self-esteem. You deserve it!

And, it's NOT dopey to see beauty in everyone. That is a priceless quality to have.

That's just so sweet and kind of you. Thank you! It did help my self esteem a bit, but I also admit that the ''absolutely not'' votes were hurtful :lol:
    Not sure how I missed either of these - I love rice with bits in it - seeds, nuts, dried fruit. I also love rice pudding, when made properly.
    Also, Fluffy, you're so pretty it doesn't surprise me that you were voted 'beautiful', although the site sounds pretty brutal.
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

I love a few odd things....peanut butter and tomato sandwiches tops the list I think....

I have not had it in a long time, but I love a sandwich, on rye bread, with peanut butter, mayo, bacon, egg, tomato, cucumber, cheese and lettuce......
  • girldownsouth
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

I love a few odd things....peanut butter and tomato sandwiches tops the list I think....

I have not had it in a long time, but I love a sandwich, on rye bread, with peanut butter, mayo, bacon, egg, tomato, cucumber, cheese and lettuce......

Peanut butter and cucumber I think I could get on board with. Kind of a Chinese satay type vibe going on.
  • anaala
    anaala Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have trouble staying away from fast food. Before I was diagnosed with IBS I used to eat healthy but that was just constant puking so I've come to fear eating healthy.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I confess, this thread is bascially chit chat more than confessions.
  • FluffySandwich
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Not sure how I missed either of these - I love rice with bits in it - seeds, nuts, dried fruit. I also love rice pudding, when made properly.
    Also, Fluffy, you're so pretty it doesn't surprise me that you were voted 'beautiful', although the site sounds pretty brutal.
    Thank you! You guys make me smile :blush:
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Peanut butter and tomato?! That's something I've never heard of... but if it were in front of me I'd give it a try. It sounds... interesting.

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Thank you! You guys make me smile :blush:
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

Peanut butter and tomato?! That's something I've never heard of... but if it were in front of me I'd give it a try. It sounds... interesting.

Ooo you're brave- I couldn't do it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village (that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not chocking on the dust?!

I cannot imagine eating the powder myself. I see gasping for breath as the result. I'm pretty sure that is the #1 re-quoted post, though. Crazy the number of times it is quoted!

That & the peanut butter in the garbage post.

I tried peanut butter & protein powder mixed together & thought I broke part of my tooth since the powder was so hard.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Does anyone get in food ruts? There's nothing I want to eat, so whatever I make doesn't really satisfie me... I guess that's why I've been snacking so much the last couple days.

I hate this! I tell myself that I will eat better tomorrow but I can't even think of anything I want to have for breakfast... that just sucks. Nothing just sounds appealing. Except junk. I'm feeling gross and disappointed in myself for eating 700 calories over maintenance today... mostly from granola bars etc.