Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    About Big Brother. I've been watching it the past few years. Every year, I say I'm not going to watch it because it's so silly. Then, summer comes and there is absolutely nothing else on TV and I get sucked into it anyway.

I didn't watch it initially & just thought it sounded idiotic. Then I watched Season 4 for the reasons you described above, got hooked & have watched every season since.

So funny that what happens on the feeds & the network show are 2 very different versions of the same chain of events, hah. Can't decide if I want to keep up with the feeds this year, or just watch the show.

(I'm not one of those people that actually WATCH the feeds, but there are a couple of really good recap sites that tell you the story behind the story. As I'm sure most you know.)

My son tells me everything extra I need to know, lol.

He tries to deny is he an addict.....but he is a total addict.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I've just undone my deficit for the week by eating too much junk today. Oh well. Don't even have the excuse that I was hungry this time. Just no willpower. At least I finished by polishing off the pint of Halo Top ice cream and not some random pint of Talenti...
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Where's @Susieq_1994 with all her pictures of baked goods?

She's been venturing out in other threads lately. Or maybe she has all along and I finally noticed? Anyway, she's been around today I'm pretty sure.

It's funny, because I just noticed this, too. Every time I see her post, I'm like "Go SusieQ!".

Me too! I think the same thing and sometimes want to post something like that there but then remember that'd be derailing the thread and no one else would understand so I don't :)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Where's @Susieq_1994 with all her pictures of baked goods?

She's been venturing out in other threads lately. Or maybe she has all along and I finally noticed? Anyway, she's been around today I'm pretty sure.

It's funny, because I just noticed this, too. Every time I see her post, I'm like "Go SusieQ!".

Me too! I think the same thing and sometimes want to post something like that there but then remember that'd be derailing the thread and no one else would understand so I don't :)

That's what I think too!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Im back here on page 920.

I put a bunch of otterpops in the freezer, and I"ve eaten about 10 today. My kids have had zero. :o

Had to Google what an Otterpop was.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    Options
    I said I would eat healthy becuase I was creeping back up towards 200, and yes I posted that Tilapia and zuccini pic on IG as an example of it, but I confess...I did go get a catfish po boy, fries, and a Pepsi just an hour later.

Iz Hoooongreee!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess...

It's 10 PM and I had a ton of calories left, even after dinner, because I didn't have much of an appetite today. I decided to have something desserty, but we only had vanilla ice cream in the freezer. Plain vanilla isn't really worth the calories to me, although it's nice... So then I had an idea: I got 10 grams of peanut butter, and spread it in a thin layer over the walls of a tiny ice cream bowl, then served the ice cream on top of it. Then, with each bite, I scraped a little peanut butter off the wall of the bowl. Mmmmm, so good.

And then, I STILL had a ton of calories left, so I made a mock peanut butter milkshake. That was so good too.

...I really love peanut butter. :sweat_smile:
    I'm the weirdo whose favourite flavour of ice cream is vanilla.

I love vanilla too. Although, now that I've discovered Ben & Jerry's Half Baked, I would say that's my new fave.

If you like peanut butter they also have a Peanut Butter Half Baked that is good.

*Runs out to find this*

Wait for me.

Would I be universally despised if I admitted that I don't like Ben & Jerry's? I tried one of their flavors just because everyone seems to rave about them (I paid 15 dollars for it, people!!), and it was honestly pretty disappointing. :-/

My favorite brand of ice cream is London Dairy. I love pretty much ALL of their flavours. Mmmmm.

What flavour did you try?

Susie, do you have Talenti in Saudi Arabia?

Sadly, no. *sniffle* Although, considering the price of Ben & Jerry's here, Talenti might be way beyond my budget even if it was. :-/

Boo! Have you ever tried to make your own? I still can't believe you have to pay $15.00 for ice cream. I wish we could mail you guys some:(.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession: I burned 200 calories in exercise today, and I'm considering spending them on ice cream. With peanut butter. Mmm, peanut butter ice cream. o:)

Yum! So did you have any?

Nope, I used it on a lovely bag of Salt & Vinegar potato chips instead. Totally worth it. And then I bought some really awesome ice cream, which I've budgeted in today. So, I get both! ;)

Yeah! Sweet & salty:D. The best of both worlds. Did you eat some sweet & then chase it with a chip?
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    I did it. I messaged my stepdaughter. This is what I said.

"You need to message your dad. He needs to talk to you, but you haven't returned his text message. Also, Sunday is Father's Day and I didn't know if you were planning on being around."

It was probably not the nicest message, but it's a lot nicer than what I wanted to say which is this.

Come pick up your cat from hell, give me my key, get your stuff, and get out. You obviously don't want to be a part of our lives and I'm not going to be your storage unit and cat's caretaker anymore. Your dad has tried really hard to make sure you feel a part of our family, we all have, and you've done nothing but take advantage of that and I've had enough. Oh, and I expect you to have a check for $400 for your tags to your dad by Monday.

Every time I think about her and what's been going on, I get so angry and want to cry (that's probably more PMS) and I just hoped when she came into our lives, things would be so different. I'm sad now. :'(

How many times did you consider sending the second message and then erase it? If she didn't have the money for the tags, the car would have to stay at the house.

I never typed any part of the second message, I just thought it and have been for quite some time now.

My husband brought this up during our "discussion" (fight) last Friday. He asked if I wanted him to take the car away from her if she couldn't pay the tags, and I said no because then she wouldn't have any way to get to work. Although, that's not really my problem. I wasn't relying on other people when I was 19, I had a car that I paid for and was working AND going to college full time. I know she's not me, but she needs to learn some accountability and responsibility. I might make the suggestion that until she CAN pay for the tags, that he drive the car since it's in his name anyway.

I'm afraid that if I keep bringing this up to my husband, we'll have a terrible vacation and anniversary and I've waited 15 DAMN years for this and I REFUSE to let her ruin that for us. Why does she have to be such a selfish brat?!

Whatever happens, I am sure you and your hubby will be all the stronger for it. You are dealing with it together. I kind of have a similar thing, although the stepson lives in our house, we never see him due to work or his being out with friends, or he's asleep while we are all home. He's 23, we have gotten several used cars for him, this current one, he has been told will be the last one we purchase. Still he has no incentive to find his own place and move out. Our house is a little cramped and I had planned to move my youngest into his room, when I was under the impression he was moving out with a friend. That fell through, so now we are stuck. Still paying for his phone and car insurance too. He has been asked to pay for these things and has not begun to pay for them. His job is enough for him to pay for that at least. I am pretty frustrated myself.
    Yeah, that's tricky. I'll be interested to see if anyone else offers advice. My daughter is working now, but the plan is that this is a year off from university while she gets her health in check. We're still paying for her phone etc and she has use of a car (kind of shared between her and her brother), and I'm wondering if we should expect her to pay something towards her keep.

Just my opinion, but I think that adults over 20 should definitely be paying something towards their keep, if not paying for all their own extras while living at home (car, phone, non-essentials). In my experience, people whose parents give them a free ride with no end in sight often just milk it for all it's worth.

I may just be jealous though because my mom made me watch my baby brother for free after school and all day in the summer from the time I was 12 until I was 17 so she could work two jobs. Then, when I was 17 she made me get a real job and contribute to the household with the money I made. These kids don't know how good they have it and it irrationally bothers me.

I agree, but it's not all "good". It's a short-term enabling and then they have no idea how to deal with the real world. I'm sorry you are bitter about some things in your past, but honestly, I guarantee that made you a better, stronger person!

That's so true. A cousin of mine had wealthy parents, and they paid for everything - car, college, off campus apartment, spending money... he had to do nothing but go to class. I would have KILLED for that opportunity. I love school and would have done so well with that kind of support. My cousin? He failed out of college, flooded his apartment screwing around with the fire alarm, and became a criminal. Seriously.

Sadly, this is common.

I'm afraid to admit this now, but my parents paid my tuition, books, rent, groceries, bought me a brand-new car, etc etc for university. They're comfortable, not wealthy, but I'm an only child so they only had one to pay for, they had the money, and they wanted me to be able to focus on school. I bartended a few nights a week, but mostly I just went to school. But I did graduate on time with the degree I wanted and got a "grown up job" right afterwards, so, uh, there's that?

However, I did take four years off before I went to university and had a job and paid my bills by myself all that time, so I already had the life skills to take care of myself by the time they started paying for stuff, so maybe that helps?

It kind of rubs me the wrong way when people assume I'm a spoiled brat because my parents were in a position to help me out a lot with school and I didn't have to struggle or take out loans, though. Not saying you guys are implying that...but just in general, I really don't think it makes me a bad person.

Also, I'm glad you all appreciate my Toddlers & Tiaras gif. I used to PVR that series like crazy. No shame.

I'm in a similar situation to you, my grandparents bought my family a car for me and my brother to learn to drive (second hand, so nothing crazy expensive but did the job!) and my parents paid for lessons as we lived in a tiny village miles away from any job opportunities with little to no public transport, and they wanted us to be able to get a job. I worked hard and passed first time around the same time I finished college, within a month I had a job and paid for all my own outgoings/petrol etc, although they didnt ask for rent as I was saving to go to Uni in a few months.

I'm at University now and lucky enough that my parents support me a huge amount, loans in the UK are based on parents earnings so without them to help support me I literally couldn't study for my degree. I never understand people who take it all for granted though, I do everything I can to budget and hate taking any help from them, but unfortunately I know it's a necessity.

On the other hand, my parents seem to enjoy reminding me they see it as an 'investment' in their future nursing home, and that I'm just 'spending my future inheritance a little early' haha.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    xsklhtu9rjtq.jpg

My son after his first day of work. Worn out and so cute!

How cute!!

Adorable! @quiksylver296 did your son go back to work today?

No. Tuesdays and Thursdays only. I didn't want him doing too much.

I'm off work for the day

He looks so young! What kind of work is he doing?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    *whining* Guuuuuys (Well, girls...)! I got two new abuse flags. I'm curious and I want to know what posts they were on! I hate this anonymous flagging thing--I NEED TO KNOW WHAT GOT FLAGGED. I don't care who flagged it, I just want to know what I said that was apparently so offensive! :o (I actually went back to see if it was my reply to MrFitness, but it wasn't. And that's like... The rudest post I've ever made on this forum. Who would have thought!)
    *end of whining*

Maybe you will end up in MFP jail soon :o
    So young yet such a rebel!!!

How do you know you have been flagged, do they send you a message or something?

When you go to "All Notifications" (you can find that by clicking on the bell at the top right of the screen) there's a list of how many times you've been flagged. I have one for spam (from my spammy pimples post) and four for abuse (two of which I happen to know came from a joke post that apparently offended some people). The other two are new, and I want to know where they came from! :o

The mods only send you a warning if THEY find your posts against the TOS. They pretty much ignore random flags that don't make sense. By the by, @JPW1990 has been banned. If you go backwards through the thread, you'll find that her profile picture is now bright red and says "User banned; keep calm and carry on."

I think the whole User banned, keep calm & carry on thing is so dumb.

Too many helpful members are being banned lately.
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    I can barely eat rice as rice, I do not understand eating it as dessert when there are so many better things out there!!

Big Brother people - I just saw a clip of Audrey (transgender houseguest) being interviewed by Jeff Schroeder.....I do not know why they keep using him to do interviews and stuff for that show....he is a jerk....ugh

Julie just got choked up talking about said house guest saying that she hopes fans watch with an open heart and an open mind and learn something about a community they might not know about <3
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - woke up after 8 hours of sleep and still completely beat. BLEH.
    Confession #2 - stepped on the scale for the first time in a month and I was down half a pound! Should probably lose a bit more this week. So psyched about that.
    Confession #3 - kids leave for school in 20 minutes and I still haven't packed their lunch.
    Confession #4 - the kids might have a playdate today but maybe not and I hate not knowing, because it means I have to workout this morning while they are in school.

Whoo on the weight loss!
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I've abandoned trying to keep up - it's bothering me to do so, but this was becoming my only work break, and I like variety in my work-break life :) Hope all is well with everyone (and hope things gt better soon for those of you who had bad weekends).

@Tubbs216 and @FluffySandwich - so this whole visa/work-permit processing thing is completely foreign (but curious) to me. So if something takes over 4 years to process, are you still allowed to work where you currently live, as long as you are in process? And you have to pay to apply to live in another country, not like a $20 processing fee or something? Obviously, ignore me or tell me it's none of my business, but I knew we aren't allowed to just say " hey I want to live in this country now" but I didn't think it was that difficult/costly/time-consuming.

I looked into moving to Canada a few years back (from the UK) via a work visa based on the list of highky demanded jobs. You didn't need a job offer, you just needed to be qualified and experienced in one of the jobs on that list. The processing fees went into the $1000s. Plus before you even get there you need to pay for medicals, English language tests (even if you're English), police checks etc., so it is not cheap. Sadly for us, they changed the list of highly demanded jobs right at the last moment. So we'd paid for all the tests etc., then couldn't apply anyway as that visa path was now closed. The super crap part is you have to be ready to jump when the list of highly demanded jobs is published, because each type of job is capped at a particular number, and if you waited the months it takes to get all the testing done, the cap would be filled. I was pretty bitter about it! I didn't pay any processing fees, but the testing was expensive in itself. Oh well, Canada's loss. Still, I think we could have made it!

I agree!

I had no idea it was so difficult to get into this country. We came (from the UK) because my dad got a job offer. He remained in that job until his retirement, too.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @orangesmartie I wanted to hold on and say something when I had a bit more time to think about it. I'm not really all that good at these sorts of posts. Everyone else always seems to find much better words than me.

I'm really sorry things are getting you down, but don't worry about spreading negativity. Here or anywhere else. Rely on whom you need to when you need it as I'm sure you'd be there for them. I hope you manage to talk to your boyfriend about what's bugging you, things are rarely as bad as you think in your head. I'm glad you're having a couple of good days with your meds.

And cancer just sucks. I really feel for you. I hope your mum's operation goes well.

If you ever want to talk or vent please feel free (maybe on our long walk! :)) and it's great to see you back posting again. Where would we all be without your advice of personal grooming and other such matters?!
  • Italian_Buju
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

THIS
  • ythannah
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    Did anyone else find one of the recent confessions super creepy? Not quoting it because no judgement, but I confess I am totally judging that!

I'm right there with you. Seriously freaking creepy. Also might be illegal.

Yeah. Absence of consent might be a wee bit of an issue.
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    bkhamill wrote: »
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    Thanks for your kind comments, guys :)

I just dug out a dress of mine from last year and put it on to see if it was fit to bring to Punta Cana. I looked at myself in the mirror and felt ok... but I always feel like mirrors lie to me. :neutral: I got out my new camera and took a VIDEO OF MYSELF standing in my dress to see what it looked like on camera. I have to say I'm pretty horrified by how terrible my arms look. Maybe with a tan my scars and such won't be as visible... man, those arms!! :confounded:

EDIT: NO. This is bad. I posted this and I told myself I need to stop hating on myself. So, to take back some damage.... I really like my dimples :lol:
    EDIT2: I don't want to bring my glasses to the beach to get them lost or stolen while I'm swimming... and I don't wear contacts, so it looks like I might have a partially blind trip.

I'm sure you looked fine in the dress. And you DO have adorable dimples.

I went to the eye doctor Saturday to get contact specifically for my trip. I would recommend it unless you have a weird eye thing like Rachel did on Friends. They will, or should, sample you out a pair to get a feel for them.
    Thank you very much, my dimples are one of the only things I like about myself. :lol: My brother also inherited them, but he hates them (I think he believes they take away from his manliness).

My boyfriend just suggested I take off my glasses to get used to not wearing them, but he said my eyes look smaller and more squinty without them. I don't think he was trying to be insulting, but I don't want small and squinty eyes! :lol:

I have dimples too. The one on my right side is bigger than the left.
    I'm also in the dimples club. I have back dimples too, which I always thought were weird until I read that they're apparently desirable. Who knew.

I'm in the "I wish I had dimples" club

They're not dimples but I always wanted freckles :(

I used to get freckles across my nose and cheekbones when I went skiing. Only time ever and I didn't really understand it
    That's the kind of freckles people imagine when they want them - a youthful sprinkle like that. I'm pretty much covered in freckles, which isn't such a desirable look!

Count me in the "covered with freckles" group. I have them everywhere that has ever been exposed to the sun.

Yep, same here! Although they're most obvious across my nose, I do have a few on my arms etc. My boyfriend things they're 'cute' but it also backfires in that I get ID'd ALL. THE. TIME. in the summer when they're darker. I'm 3 years over the legal drinking age here in the UK but my freckles plus my baby face make me look about 13 haha.
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Hi all,

Sorry I haven’t been around for a while. Well I’ve been reading, but not posting. I’m having a really bad couple of weeks and I didn’t want to dump it all on you guys. However, I have missed you all immensely. Its strange how much I rely on this thread for fun and motivation. I don’t think you’ll ever know how much you have all helped motivate me.

My diet and exercise has gone out of the window, the binge monster is well and truly in situ and my brain is telling me all sorts of horrible things, about how fat and unfit I am, and always will be, and theres little point trying. And no matter how much weight I lose, my boyfriend will still never love me and I’ll never be able to climb the mountain and blah blah blah blah.

I look in the mirror and I hate what I see. I’m so fat and just can’t see how I’m going to get it off. And I know binge eating isn’t going to help, but I seem totally incapable of controlling it.

There’s a bit of an issue going on between my boyfriend and I. We need to address it, but I am avoiding the issue. Because, irrational me says he’s going to tell me all the things I don’t want to hear (that I believe about myself). So the poor guy has been getting a really hard time, for something I *think* he might say. I’m not being very grown up about things at the moment.

Most of the problem is I have not been taking my anti-depressants properly. I miss lots of days at a time, and that is obviously contributing to the blackness. Rationally I know I can fix that. I have reminders on my phone and email to take it, but I mostly just ignore them. I don’t know why. I know they help.

And just to make another excuse, theres a lot going on. My mum has cancer and is having her operation today. Her recovery time means I need to be home to have Charlie (2yo nephew) a lot more, which interferes with my life a bit, and well just excuses really. I feel overwhelmed with everything.

I’m sorry to dump this all on you, but a couple of people here told me it might help to get it out. And a big thank you to those of you who messaged me to check in: @pofoster21, @girldownsouth and @nonoelmo @Lois_1989. I really did appreciate it, and it was nice to think people noticed and cared enough to send a note. I hope I can remember to do the same for others.

I am trying to remember that today is a new day and all I can do is try. And some advice given to me in a message was that you will be able to help me with that. And I know its true. As a support group, you lot are amazing.

Sometimes I think about not checking in/posting here but like you, I like reading this thread and it does make me feel better. I think that I'm complaining here too much and I don't want to bring anyone down. It is just nice to have someone to talk to sometimes. Please know that at least someone here cares about you and doesn't mind if you vent (I read everything here and I will listen if you need someone).

I am so down right now that it is hard to find reasons to keep going sometimes.

I'm so sorry about everything you are going through. I hope your mom gets through everything okay. That is really scary. I am also sorry you are having issues with your boyfriend as well. I'm right there with you on that one. (HUGS) If your meds help, make sure you are taking them!!!

No, you don't complain too much and I'm really happy you're still here and still posting! Keep doing it. I hope it will help you in some way.

@orangesmartie, I'm very sorry for all of your struggles, but I'm also really glad that you updated us and are still with us. You were missed!

I second this! You dont complain too much at all, I'm the same, reading this thread definitely makes me feel better if I'm having a rough day, I'm not sure why.

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

It's not only a dog. You grew up with her and loved her.

You're allowed to grieve.

But good for you for resisting the duvet.

Very true, its funny what a huge impact pets can have on your lives when you cant even really communicate properly (as much as you like to think they can). And cant say I'm resisting the duvet I'm afraid, but I'm definitely resisting the comfort food. I've burrito-ed myself in my blanket, so if I FEEL like a comfort food maybe I wont crave it so much? not sure that makes any sense haha.

Ok, major confession here. I found this bedding set and bought it - ex-display $80 instead of $240. I love it (YES IT'S JESSICA SIMPSON I DON'T CARE), but it's in the spare room closet hidden from my husband. I bought it for the camper that we don't own yet, that he doesn't want yet (really only because the timing's not right and he's too busy to care) but that I'm desperate for. Is that bad? I'm such a brat.
    9qjnco1r0eni.jpg

Oh, I like it. Someday when my kids are way bigger I would love to have a white blanket. Right now it would look brown within the week :D

The duvet is gorgeous! It's exactly the sort of style I like. Just cross your fingers they dont grow up to be art or design students then haha. The amount of lovely duvet sets I ruined while studying art and illustration in college due to pens without lids/ink spillages I'm surprised my mum didnt just give up and buy me a plain black one haha.
  • ythannah
    Options
    So...I bit the bullet and applied to the MS program I was considering. Ordered my transcripts, too. I'm confident I'll get in (not cocky, just good GPA/GMAT scores so I'm golden), and DH and I came up with a plan for how to fit the work into home life. It's going to be an extremely part-time thing, though. I may only do 1 class/semester. I found a perfect program through my job of all places. We get a good tuition deal, no app fee, etc. So I'm excited for that.

Worked out hard last night, so scale is the same this am (but hey at least no gain!)

Way to go!

I did a master's part-time while working full-time when I was in my 30s. I've never really used it, it's kinda redundant at work, didn't get me any raises or anything, but I'm still happy I did it.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @FroggyBug I'm sorry to say I agree with you and I do think that you should definitely concede that he's had his last chance. He doesn't deserve any more opportunities to make you feel as terrible as he has been. Don't give him that power over you. From everything I've seen here you seem like such a lovely person and I believe you can do better. And be happier for it.

It's funny that you mentioned about songs earlier. I've been thinking about you when I hear songs on the radio and singing along passionately on your behalf. My favourite being 'better off (now that you're gone)' by lady antebellum. I misheard the lyric as "I'm through with you, I'll forget your @$$ and move on" I looked it up and it's forget your kiss. I think I prefer my version.

Anyway, I'm sorry if you feel any of this is insensitive, but everything you've said recently does just make me think you should just tell him where to go.