Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Confession: I ordered an awesome pair of purple sunglasses from Versace. They were back ordered and I was impatient and grumpy yesterday so I skipped the gym and went to Sunglass Hut and bought a pair of rose / wine colored Burberry's. Just got notice today the Versace's will be here tomorrow. Whoops. Total impulse buy, but I'm already feeling fabulous in the Burberry's. Can hardly wait to get the Versaces!

I'm so jealous of you and all your designer sunglasses! I hope you keep them in a lockbox those babies are worth a lot!!

I don't, but you're right - I should. 266 posts to catch up on?! Sigh...
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I have to confess, that when a new person to our village (that's what I like to call it) posts a reply to one of the ancient posts, I skip those because 9 times out of ten, it's in reference to the stupid hot chocolate powder. I can only read people eat powder so many times. How are they not chocking on the dust?!

I cannot imagine eating the powder myself. I see gasping for breath as the result. I'm pretty sure that is the #1 re-quoted post, though. Crazy the number of times it is quoted!

I think the drowning of the peanut butter is a close 2nd.

Yep, I believe you are right.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."
    Oh, I will say "My friend Susie."

I start to talk about you guys in real life then stop as I realize people will think I am nuts. Especially my best friend. I think she thinks I am crazy how involved I am with a bunch of people I have never met.

Oh, my other half knows full well that I have Internet friends who I talk to just about daily. When I brought the Halo Top home I explained to him where I heard about it, and about @Franci27's warning not to eat a whole pint at once. ;)

He can't judge me because he met several friends we now know in real life on a message board years ago, when it wasn't nearly as common a thing to do. Ha!

... I have to admit that I find it a little embarrassing that I'm not even slightly ashamed to go on and on about you guys in real life. With my anxiety, the only "friends" I've ever had at all have pretty much been online friends, so I don't find it weird in the least. Same goes for my sister, actually!

I don't think either of us has ever really had any "real" friends--we're not Arab enough for the Arabs and we aren't western enough for the westerners (Americans/British/fellow English speakers of whatever country. We tend to call them all westerners, don't ask me why...). We're kind of just stuck in the middle. ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Fixed that for you!
    Thank you. I hadn't cried yet, but that pushed me over the edge. :)

Sorry to make you cry! I can't classify my youngest son as special needs, but holy hell, that child is the KING of procrastination! I felt completely overwhelmed when he was in school, but now that he owns his own house and vehicles and is "independent"??? So much worse. I know I shouldn't worry and just let him figure it all out on his own, but he will completely ignore mail, forget to pay bills, not keep up with dental and medical appts., the list goes on.

Just to say I can relate to having to try to take care of everything. It's exhausting. Glad your son made it to the test and I'm sure he will do just fine!

My daughter is the Queen.

Isn't it the most frustrating thing ever?! I know I need to back off, but it's hard to potentially let him ruin his finances over it. He has a good job and enough money for his bills, he just doesn't keep track or have any kind of workable method. The irony? I work in the financial industry and have given him money advice for years. I suppose that's the main source of my frustration.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Fixed that for you!
    Thank you. I hadn't cried yet, but that pushed me over the edge. :)

Sorry to make you cry! I can't classify my youngest son as special needs, but holy hell, that child is the KING of procrastination! I felt completely overwhelmed when he was in school, but now that he owns his own house and vehicles and is "independent"??? So much worse. I know I shouldn't worry and just let him figure it all out on his own, but he will completely ignore mail, forget to pay bills, not keep up with dental and medical appts., the list goes on.

Just to say I can relate to having to try to take care of everything. It's exhausting. Glad your son made it to the test and I'm sure he will do just fine!

My daughter is the Queen.

I can be the prime minister, then

Hahaha! Well, we have a full group then!
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I will eat my favorite food and not eat the rest of the day just to not go over my calories.

Mathematically, that'll work. Sometimes I skip lunch so I can have a big dinner. BUT it's a lot better to heave your intake spread out over the day & keep you metabolism humming throughout.

But if I'm having taco pizza for dinner, then dammit, it's water & Diet Mt. Dew all day!

OMG that sounds interesting!

It is pretty awesome.

I get a Boboli whole wheat crust, the "sauce" is refried black beans with salsa mixed in, the meat is Jennie-o Taco seasoned turkey, and then top it with 2% mexican blend cheese, green onions, tomatoes, bell peppers & jalapenos.

Once it's done, I top each slice with a tsp of guac & nonfat plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream.)

Works out to about 300 cals a slice (1/8 pizza), but it's worth it!

I may need to try this, though I'm not sure I can get my other half to agree. He didn't think he'd like buffalo chicken pizza though, and now he requests it!

Confession: I sometimes miss working at a pizza place and consider seeing if I could do it super part-time somewhere.

Oh my gosh! I was so bummed when buffalo chicken pizza was only a limited time thing at Papa John's. I didn't think I would like it either, and it was SOOOO good!

I make my own! It's no harder than making a standard sauce and cheese pizza. :)
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm not shutting up on here this morning because I'm trying to ignore how nervous I am about my interview(s) today.

I'm actually skipping lunch because of said nerves (and the timing), so I'm making buffalo chicken pizza for dinner! The "extra" calories (plus whatever I earn at the gym later) will make it guilt free.

Good luck on your interview today! I'm sure you will be super great!
  • summergrl2487
    summergrl2487 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I listen to Let It Go (sometimes) while I run.

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)

I lip sync too. People at the gym must think I am nuts.

I am totally in this boat! Also, I sometimes yell at the TV when I'm watching sports!

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    Confession: I weighed myself because SURELY after being significantly under my goal this whole week, watching my carb intake as suggested here, and not drinking an ounce or soda, I would have dropped major lbs. Um, nope. Up 2 freaking lbs. How is that possible?! The confession part, a large part of me, probably the 2 extra lbs., really wants to eat all the fried foods and drink all the bubbly carbonated soda. I'm so disappointed. I also pissed off that my stupid leg is keeping me from doing a proper workout. :(

Maybe my body is preparing for a big whoosh next week...

Sometimes it just happens! Your ankle is injured, it might be retaining water for muscle repair.

I shall tell you all a secret: I never freak out about weight fluctuations because I have a cheat. I own a body fat scale, one of those electrical bioimpedance ones. While it is obviously NOT accurate in reading body fat percentage levels, it's EXTREMELY accurate at telling you when you're all full of water.

Basically, after using it for a week or two, you'll establish a baseline body fat percentage and skeletal muscle percentage that you almost always get. Example: 30.5% BFP, 29.2% SMP, +/- 0.1%. If you've had too much sodium and you're all bloaty with water (or you've had a hard workout and you're retaining water), the BFP can jump all the way down to 29% and your SMP might just magically hit 33%.

This really, really helped me with jumping on the scale every week. Up 200 grams? BFP down? Just water, no biggie, try again later. I don't freak out at all anymore!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: I weighed myself because SURELY after being significantly under my goal this whole week, watching my carb intake as suggested here, and not drinking an ounce or soda, I would have dropped major lbs. Um, nope. Up 2 freaking lbs. How is that possible?! The confession part, a large part of me, probably the 2 extra lbs., really wants to eat all the fried foods and drink all the bubbly carbonated soda. I'm so disappointed. I also pissed off that my stupid leg is keeping me from doing a proper workout. :(

It's possible that the bruise is the cause. Since your body's still doing damage control, you could be retaining some water from that, just like how people are usually up a bit following an intense lifting day.

I usually go with the assumption that if I'm sore, I'm retaining at least SOME water for the repair. Stupid muscles and their neediness.

That's kind of what I was thinking too, but up more from what I was up last week?! That's just not fair. I've been so diligent (didn't want to say good) about watching what I eat and my carb intake and all that, that it's just unfair that my effing leg is holding water hostage and making me fatter. I know I'm not fatter, but damn it! I'm really pissed off about this.

• Susieq_1994
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    Confession: If I sit down for a meal I will drink whatever is in front of me non stop until I get up. Doesn't matter what it is, coffee, water, iced tea, beer..... That was part of the reason I started losing weight fairly quickly when I stopped ordering calorie laden drinks when we went out, it was not uncommon for me to have 4+ of whatever drink in the hour or so we'd be at a restaurant. Now I usually stick with coffee or unsweetened iced tea.

Me, too. Iced tea or water, for the same reason.

Same. Except I always get diet soda instead of boring water, since I rarely go to restaurants and might as well enjoy my drink. I probably drink 2 liters while I'm there... :o I actually never really thought about that before!
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Kalici wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    You guys are super chatty! I didn't check this thread over the weekend and it took me until today to get caught up!

I don't usually send friend requests but will if someone says "add me" because I really like having friends on here but please don't judge my diary because it has been a mess lately.

No judging, remember? We're not allowed to wear judgey pants with anyone inside our village even if we're not IN the village at the time.

I really wasn't trying to be judgey! What part did you think was bad? That I called you guys chatty? or when I said my diary has been a mess?

I don't think she was saying you were being judgey. I think she was saying there would be no judging on your diary because you're part of this village even if your diary exists outside of it!

BINGO!

Thanks!!! I misunderstood :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

I hear you. Weighed myself this morning and I was 1.5 pound heavier than 2 days ago. I'm guessing it's from my overeating on Wednesday, even if I was way under yesterday. But at least I know it's water weight. Still. So annoying.

• tulips_and_tea
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)

You're so good about sharing your culture. I just want to say thanks for that.

I'm just happy that people don't find me boring for always talking about both my culture and religion! ;) You're very welcome. :)

I love hearing about your culture!!
    Me too! Don't stop talking about it!

Same here! I have learned SO much from @Susieq_1994! Now I'm waiting for some of these topics to come up in conversations in real life and I can be all smug about my new-found knowledge! Then if anyone asks me how I know I can be all vague and mysterious and say "I know someone online. It's a secret, though."

lol! It actually makes me really sad to see that some people who actually live among Muslims know nothing about them, just because everyone is afraid to offend by asking questions! :-/ So I spread my information far and wide! ;)

As an example, I know a young Muslim girl living in the U.S. who plays softball, and one day she was performing her prayer in a corner of the field and her coach was all confused and kept asking if she was okay. She's been playing softball for years, but nobody on her team knows that Muslims pray?

Not that I think they're bigots or anything! I just think that the fear of offending people has reached a point where it's ridiculous--everyone wants to be so politically correct and not offend anyone or ask any questions that we're actually getting more and more ignorant about each other, which is only going to cause MORE problems down the road because nobody understands anyone else!

As you can see, since I'm always harping on about it... This topic is pretty close to my heart. ;) My form of dawah (literally means invitation; it means teaching others about Islam) is to spread information about how we (Muslims) live so others won't fear us or feel afraid to ask us things in case they offend us. :)

In my city there are very few Muslims. I know NONE personally, which is why I'm completely clueless but fascinated. And you are completely right: it's the fear of offending that keeps us from asking questions causes confusion and misunderstandings.

My step-daughter is married to a Mormon and I have several questions I'd like to ask him, but I don't out of fear of offending him. Hmmm.... perhaps this is something I need to work on.
    Ask me!

Okay, just a few random ones:
    Alcohol - that's a general "no", right? What about caffeine? I over heard someone the other day say that Mormons don't drink caffeine, but it was while standing in line at the grocery store and I couldn't tell if they were serious or what. I've never heard of that, but it concerns me because I know my SIL doesn't drink alcohol so whenever they are at our house I offer iced tea and pop, but he generally just has water. If this is true I feel badly and need to have lemonade or something on hand.

The cross - big thing for Catholics, but not for Mormons. I understood it to be because the cross has a negative association with Jesus. Is that true? If so, that makes sense to me. It always creeped me out a bit when Catholics have crosses all over with Jesus portrayed as nailed to them. Plain ones I can understand. ***This is not meant to offend anyone. I'm just curious, but I can take this offline if it bothers anyone.***

First let me say I am not even slightly offended, just so we are clear, but I do want to express the "Catholic Christian" point of view on this.

Jesus dying on the cross was the most amazing thing that He did for us. He came to Earth to fulfill that prophecy, and did it willingly. We idolize God for sending His son to do that for us. Therefore we remember that ultimate price He paid for the sins of mankind, by remembering his suffering and death. Good Friday is the holiest day of the year for us, much bigger than Christmas.

Side note: I crossed out Catholic and replaced with Christian because as I have said before, I was raised Catholic and still believe a lot of their teachings, such as what I just wrote...however, I do not follow any one church, as churches are man lead not God lead and I do and behave as I believe Christ would want, not a church leader.

Ah, I understand. Thank you so much for the explanation and more importantly, for not being offended. I am not familiar with very many religions so I knew I would mess up the terminology. Always interested in learning, however, so I appreciate your assistance here!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Confession: I'm not shutting up on here this morning because I'm trying to ignore how nervous I am about my interview(s) today.

I'm actually skipping lunch because of said nerves (and the timing), so I'm making buffalo chicken pizza for dinner! The "extra" calories (plus whatever I earn at the gym later) will make it guilt free.

I'm on my way! Idaho to Pennsylvania should only take....4 days?
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    WE'RE FIVE PAGES FROM 1000!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I will eat my favorite food and not eat the rest of the day just to not go over my calories.

Mathematically, that'll work. Sometimes I skip lunch so I can have a big dinner. BUT it's a lot better to heave your intake spread out over the day & keep you metabolism humming throughout.

But if I'm having taco pizza for dinner, then dammit, it's water & Diet Mt. Dew all day!

OMG that sounds interesting!

It is pretty awesome.

I get a Boboli whole wheat crust, the "sauce" is refried black beans with salsa mixed in, the meat is Jennie-o Taco seasoned turkey, and then top it with 2% mexican blend cheese, green onions, tomatoes, bell peppers & jalapenos.

Once it's done, I top each slice with a tsp of guac & nonfat plain greek yogurt (instead of sour cream.)

Works out to about 300 cals a slice (1/8 pizza), but it's worth it!

I may need to try this, though I'm not sure I can get my other half to agree. He didn't think he'd like buffalo chicken pizza though, and now he requests it!

Confession: I sometimes miss working at a pizza place and consider seeing if I could do it super part-time somewhere.

Oh my gosh! I was so bummed when buffalo chicken pizza was only a limited time thing at Papa John's. I didn't think I would like it either, and it was SOOOO good!

I make my own! It's no harder than making a standard sauce and cheese pizza. :)

I confess: I have never 'made' pizza... :'(
  • GibsonSG_67
    GibsonSG_67 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I pretty much skip entering bad snacks on my food diary, and drinks. Basically just really really sloppy on entering calories on the thing. ;p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I listen to Let It Go (sometimes) while I run.

That's nothing. I lip synch and quasi dance while on the eliptical. Anything to keep my mind off the fact that I still have x minutes to go. I'm sure my 6'4" 280 lb self looks quite manly singing Aung dancing to such classics as lady Gaga, Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, etc.

(btw I actually have decent musical taste outside the gym. I just find my usual indie fare lacks some motivational punch on the cardio equipment.)

I lip sync too. People at the gym must think I am nuts.

I am totally in this boat! Also, I sometimes yell at the TV when I'm watching sports!

I was next to some guy at the gym once who was watching Friends and laughing out loud every 2 minutes. Honestly... much better than the dude hacking his lungs and coughing the whole time on the other side.

Speaking of which, I confess that I get VERY irritated when people next to my treadmill start chatting. Or when the music is too loud and I can hear it over mine.

Confession - some food cravings came back, and I ended up having lunch at 10.15am even though I wasn't really hungry (but I felt I was going to need food soon. I know I'm weird that way). At least I'm very full now, and I can always have a salad or some veggies if I get hungry again at 1pm... I totally blame it on the fact that I, once again, had a bad night sleep. But I will avoid the 3 cartons of ice cream I bought today (what can I say... Edy's on sale at Buy One Get Two Free, could not resist, but at least it's the lowfat stuff).
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    kpfry67 wrote: »
    I pretty much skip entering bad snacks on my food diary, and drinks. Basically just really really sloppy on entering calories on the thing. ;p

If that is you in your profile pic, it obviously doesn't matter! ;)