Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    If I had packed anything else to eat, this frickin' hard boiled egg that will not peel would be in the garbage right now! I confess I am irrationally angry at an inanimate object.

An ice bath after cooking can help with the peeling process. I understand the frustration. I hate it when the eggs don't peel right!

And you gotta peel 'em right away! I never have any success if I leave them in the shell for any length of time.

OK. I'm confused now. I cooked two. One wouldn't peel for nothing and the other one peeled fine. I think I got a defective egg. ;)

I will admit there are times I get an egg that is just obstinate and will not peel correctly. I hate losing any of the darn thing because it is stuck to the shell. I have used the baking soda in the water, ice bath and those seem to help some, about the only thing I have not tried is cooking them in the oven. That just doesn't seem to make sense to me.

In my experience, boiling the egg even just a little bit too long makes them refuse to peel. If I have one egg that's smaller than the others and I boil it with them, it won't want to peel and the others will be fine, because I boiled to long for the size of the egg. I always try to boil eggs of a similar size together, and avoid overcooking at ALL COSTS. I rarely get eggs that won't peel this way, and I don't need to do anything to the water.

I generally peel them as soon as they've cooled, then keep them in a container in the fridge unpeeled so I can just grab as needed--they tend to be harder to peel if you boil in advance and then leave them in the shell in the fridge for a while.

Hmmm, they were two different sized eggs. And I always boil them a little long, cuz I hate it if the yolk is even a little bit bright yellow. That has to be cooked all the way through!

ETA: I hate cold hard boiled eggs. They have to be at least room temperature.
  • catruledquilter
    catruledquilter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

Sorry so long, but I had a lot to say.

tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

The cat is staying in a room? Like by herself without much contact?? This REALLY bothers me....she must be going stir crazy, that is not good for her mental health....no wonder she is tearing *kitten* up, she must be bored and lonely.

If you do not want the cat,, please take her to a shelter or something, TODAY. If her mental health deteriorates enough, she will never be the same again. She may not even be able to mold properly into a family if she is in there too long.

PLEASE please do not leave that poor animal in there any longer, take her somewhere and give her a chance!

Since she is your daughter's cat, talk to your daughter about either re-homing the cat or getting her some toys to stimulate her mind. She's bored and wants companionship and interaction!

BTW, yelling at the cat only shows her that her destructive ways are getting her attention (not the good kind but attention none the less) and she will repeat the behavior unless it is redirected in an appropriate way with toys or some form of good interaction. She can't help what she's doing...she doesn't know it's wrong...she's begging for attention.

I foster cats...mostly tiny kittens (some newborns who come with their kitty mom)...and I make sure they are well socialized before they go up for adoption (including mom). Only one of my foster kittens "failed"...he's special needs and I adopted him. I have a lot of work to do with him but he's coming around socially. He went from being a terrified special needs kitty to a very loving special needs kitty. He's almost 8 months old...I've had him 4 months. We'll have medical issues to deal with over the next few years but he's worth it. I get my next group of fosters on the 23rd...a calico mama and her 4 newborns.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Today is my second day in a row that I haven't binged. I hope to stop binging & maybe I'll set a reward system like I did with weight loss. Before I started binging I was around 153 now I'm up to about 160 which was what my original goal weight was going to be anyway, but I would like to eventually lose a little more. For right now I am going to set my calories around 1973 & try to eat around that amount everyday but if I go over some days I am NOT going to BEAT myself up & try to make up for it in another day.

Last night I confessed I was hungry at 11:33 & wasn't going to eat anything but decided to eat a Quest bar, because I hate going to bed hungry.

I also ordered New Rules Of Lifting For Women on Amazon & hope to get it soon.

You can do this! I think I'm getting better at sticking to my own calorie goal by taking all the restricted foods I was hiding from and throwing that label out of the window. I honestly feel MUCH less like baking all the foods, eating all the foods, and drowning my sorrows in more of the food when I have it all sitting right there in my fridge, just being food.

As I told my husband yesterday: I messed up big time because I was tired, and whether I had those foods in my fridge or not, the outcome would have been exactly the same--just because I was able to make cookies (and proceed to eat too many of them) doesn't change the fact that I would have pigged out on anything else that was available if I didn't have cookie ingredients available, for example.

And you know what's really awesome? Normally I would have made the cookies, eaten ALL the cookies, and then gobbled down the remaining chocolate chips. This time, yes, I ate too many of them (7), but I then put the rest away into the freezer, and I didn't even feel the urge to touch the chocolate chips because "those are for baking". Since I can bake whenever I want, I don't need to get them out of the house by eating them just so I don't mess up tomorrow.

Does that make sense? My husband had a really hard time understanding my feeling of making progress when I had blown my calorie goal so badly, but I told him that you guys (and anyone else with disordered food issues or weight issues) would understand it. :)

Yup I get you. Great job on putting the rest in the freezer to enjoy another day. On Monday I had a binge with chocolate chips & melted a bunch & then ate it with a spoon.

Too bad it's not common either there to bring sweets to work to share with co-workers. Is it a cleanliness thing or do people just find it tacky in general? Usually if I have a food item that I don't like I'll bring the rest to work & put it in our break room for other people to enjoy. I did that one day with these nasty Yogurt Berry Acai clusters that were one of the most vilest things I have ever had the displeasure of eating. Someone at work told me another coworker tried one & spat it out saying it was so disgusting. Everyone then started to try them & we only found one person who found them remotely appetizing.

rlo-003420.jpg

I remember when I tried to half-*kitten* diet in the past I would give up a lot of my favorite sweets & when I would eat them after restricting I would overindulge & then think well I am such a screw up why even try to lose weight at all? Oh I had one piece of cake I better eat three or four slices.

Whenever I do binge & go way over calories I get sick to my stomach & I always say to myself remember how this feels so I don't binge again; however, I must keep forgetting to remember that pain.

I sometimes wonder why I fell into this whole binge cycle to begin with. I remember in October going out to eat for my mom's birthday & going over calories & then restricting a bit to make up for it; however, I think a lot if it started when I got my Fitbit. I remember trying to make sure I got enough steps in to eat a lot of food & then if I ended up losing calories I would cut it out of other days.

I also think it happened since after I got my Fitbit I forgot what I had my calories set at to maintain the weight I was & now I keep playing around to find the right amount again. I'll keep mine set around 1970 & try to stick to that goal for the most part, but if I am hungry I'll eat up to 2100-2200 depending on how grueling my workday is.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I was thinking the same thing...

He's special needs my friends and she said not very good with organizational skills right now
  • monjacq1964
    monjacq1964 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

Did that taste as disgusting as it sounds?

Lol sadly no, it seemed to do the trick, but I FELT disgusting afterwards. Though it's kind of funny now.

i've done that too.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Not necessarily Muslim women, but Arab women, yes. Early marriage is encouraged in Islam, since extramarital relationships are forbidden and it's pretty hard for most people to remain celibate for so many years after puberty. But the average age of marriage is different in each culture, and not necessarily dictated by religion.

A sad fact: The age of marriage is getting higher in the Arab world only because most young men can no longer afford to get married. Fathers are demanding crazy-high dowries (a girl is eligible for a dowry in Islam, and she is the one who's supposed to pick it and the money/gift is supposed to be hers alone, but some selfish families demand high dowries and then the father keeps it, saying that it's his payback for all the years of taking care of his daughter. Yes, seriously. -_-), along with demands of gold jewellery, a huge wedding, a new wardrobe... And all of it is supposed to come out of the young man's pockets. This is very contrary to Islam's teachings and makes me quite angry; most men have to take a loan just to get married!

My father demanded a 6000 ($16000) Omani rial dowry (meant to be mine, he wouldn't touch the money), because he didn't want to look bad by "giving his daughter away cheaply" <--- Another stupid cultural thing. But since Islamically the dowry is my choice... I took the 6000 for the sake of appearance to appease my dad, then secretly returned every penny of it to my husband after the wedding was over. I also had a super tiny wedding and insisted on paying for it myself, with any money I had left from my years of working (I had to stop due to my FND, but I've worked since I was 15). I also refused new clothing/jewellery/etc. I find it so stupid and wasteful.

I've been married for 1.5 years, as you'll see as you get further back into the thread. ;)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    pmad37 wrote: »
    I am ready to give up entirely. Having a cruddy day, cruddy week, and cannot seem to find my control again

YOU CAN DO THIS!!! We all have bad days, weeks, months..but we pick ourselves up and get back on that horse and keep trying. You've got this!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    In the interest of staying on track on this thread...

Confession: I have gained 16 pounds since I started this job in November. Granted it's a desk job, and I came from a fairly active job where I was on my feet a lot. This morning I was down two pounds from my current highest weight. However, my MFP weight is still lower than where I am currently, so I can't log the loss. And that makes me a little sad. :'(

I have also been working SL 5X5s since November. I'm starting to feel strong! Last night I did 190 lbs on my squat, tried for 75 pounds on my OHP (but couldn't finish all my reps on the last set), and 215 on my deadlift. Lost my grip on the last deadlift. I think I need some deadlifting gloves to help my grip. I am going to be trying 120 pounds on my bench press tomorrow night, and 105 on my rows. I <3 lifting!

You're freaking awesome! Have you lost any in measurements?

Oh no, there is no loss going on! LOL. I've been calling it my "bulk cycle" even though it's not.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Oh, I am such a bad mother! My son is in the middle of diploma exams - I checked the calendar a dozen times and wrote down that his last two exams are on Monday. Got a call from the school at 9.34 saying that he should be in an exam right now and that they'd let him in if he got there by 10.00. I hauled him out of bed and thrust the car keys in his hand. He should be able to get there on time. I'm shaking. How could I have messed up so badly? :'(
    And now I feel worse because my husband asked why I didn't drive him to school. I don't know why - I should have, I was just in such a panic I wasn't thinking straight.

Not judging, but if he's old enough to drive...why isn't he keeping his own exam schedule?

I kinda thought that, too. (But not judging!)
    Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

See it all worked out - not a fail at all!
  • catruledquilter
    catruledquilter Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »

Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.
    I called the school and he did get there in time. So he wasn't prepared, but at least he's there.

Fixed that for you!

Good "repair job", BZAH10! Even special needs kids can learn to be more organized and on time...it just takes a LOT more work to get them there.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    When I worked as a youth counselor at a wilderness boarding school we sometimes had rice with sugar and butter for breakfast and the girls called it "Poor boy cereal"..I was not a fan personally.

You people putting sugar on your rice are monsters.

Confession: There were times when I was super broke where rice with barbecue sauce was dinner. Still would.

As a broke newlywed, I made Hamburger Helper without any hamburger or milk. Blech. Gosh, that was 1996. I haven't bought Hamburger Helper in at least 14(?) years. The thought of eating it now....disgusting. :s

As a broke kid, we ate tuna and rice for at least one year non-stop, because my mom couldn't afford to feed us anything else. I still pretty much hate tuna and rice.

Then, when we had a slight step up, it progressed to macaroni covered in Chicken Tonight sauce, with not a chicken bit in sight. Every. Single. Day. Just thinking about that horrible combination still makes me sick. That stuff was not made to be put on macaroni! :s

This happened when I was a kid and my Dad lost his job. My mom made chicken for every meal (I guess chicken was cheap?). After months of eating chicken, I couldn't stand it. When I still ate meat, I NEVER ate chicken. I was done.

My dad would hunt, and we would have venison at least five nights a week. I cannot eat venison now, ever.
  • WRENxxx
    WRENxxx Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    And so it begins... My dad and step-mother are taking me out for a birthday dinner tonight. I have started logging what I suspect I will be eating. Fried chicken. This place has the best fried chicken but the calories are off the charts. I have been doing really well for the past 70 day, not once over maintenance. I really don't want to blow it this weekend just because it is my birthday. I just don't see how I'll be able to resist.

I am seriously considering telling them I am too sick to go.

You need to have a cheat meal or even a cheat day every now and then or you will go crazy. I think after 70 days of staying true to your diet without splurging has warranted you to go out and enjoy your birthday dinner. Now if you think this is going to start up some old bad habits, then maybe it is best to avoid it. However, if that's not the case. Enjoy yourself within reason and get back at it the next day.

oh and happy birthday.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    pmad37 wrote: »
    I am ready to give up entirely. Having a cruddy day, cruddy week, and cannot seem to find my control again

That's a hard place to be. Make one little positive decision. Just one. Do you workout? Hitting the gym can work wonders in improving a crappy day or week.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:

Here, you have biscuits and tea. Cookies are 'merican

Alright, biscuits, then. :smile:

Biscuits always brings hard cookies to my mind, like Oreos or Digestives. Not that I have anything against them, but I want soft, chewy, gooey COOKIES! :o Or you know what? Gimme a scone. With butter.

I miss scones. Never been able to enjoy one since my Grandma passed away. She made the best and always made a special batch for me without raisins. I hate raisins!!

Count me in on the raisin-hating wagon!! In traditional Arabian dishes, raisins are popular to put into the rice. Makes me want to gag when I accidentally pop one into my mouth... X_X I *HATE* raisins. By themselves they're bad enough, but they absolutely ruin food for me when they're put into things like cookies or puddings. :-/

I am quite known for telling people that raisins "do not belong in food."

I do have a bag of the super tiny boxes in my office though. They're good for blood sugar headaches. Stupid raisins.

My mom always put raisins in the stuffing at Thanksgiving. I love it and thought everybody did that until the first time I cooked Thanksgiving dinner for my husband. He was like "what the hell is this?!". LMAO 11 years later and he still fears the raisins.

I put dried cranberries in mine. Yummy.

No, no, no, fruit does not belong in stuffing..not judging though :)

I'm one of those weird people who like sweet and savory in the same dishes. I also like to add golden raisins to my vegetable salads. Just for a tiny sweet burst. I put them in my homemade applesauce, too.
    I love sweet/savoury together too. I also love hot and cold things together, which I know a lot of people think it weird (fries with salad, custard (English style) with a big blob of vanilla ice cream etc.

Hot and cold? Hot fudge sundae or a warm brownie or piece of pie topped with ice cream. Yum!

Sweet and savory? I'm not a fan. I don't even like sweet dressing on my salad or fruit. Strawberries on a salad? No thank you, I'll have a salad and strawberries after for dessert.
    Exactly!
    I have never understood fruit on a veggie salad.....

Same. I always thought it was just me. :)

Count me in! Even the IDEA of putting sweet things in my salad grosses me out.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

Special needs kid. Not good at organising himself. Trusts his useless loving, helpful (who can't do it all, sometimes makes mistakes, but will always try her best) mother to do it for him.

Fixed that for you!
    Thank you. I hadn't cried yet, but that pushed me over the edge. :)

Sorry to make you cry! I can't classify my youngest son as special needs, but holy hell, that child is the KING of procrastination! I felt completely overwhelmed when he was in school, but now that he owns his own house and vehicles and is "independent"??? So much worse. I know I shouldn't worry and just let him figure it all out on his own, but he will completely ignore mail, forget to pay bills, not keep up with dental and medical appts., the list goes on.

Just to say I can relate to having to try to take care of everything. It's exhausting. Glad your son made it to the test and I'm sure he will do just fine!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

Unfortunately, this is me as well. I do have some hope that the stretch marks will fade away and the skin will tighten up, because I'm only twenty. Twenty two isn't much older, so why give up hope? :)

SusieQ, I had no idea you were only 20!!! (Sorry if the 'only' sounds condescending, not intended. I am literally twice your age ;) ) Have you been married very long?

I guess she was from the 1994 in her handle...are you turning the big 2-1 this year?!

That I am, in October. Although it's not really a big thing for me, since 21 is usually only a big date because people are legal drinkers then. :) Although I DO become eligible to apply for a free government-issued piece of land, the right of every Omani citizen, when I turn 21. ;)

I assumed it was your birthdate as well but never thought much about how old that made you. How long have you been married? And is it normal for a Muslim woman to be married that young? And to something you said a long time ago (before I got so behind) you are very mature for your age. :)

Agreed. I would have never guessed you were only 20 other than your screen name and you mentioning it recently. Very wise, mature woman!

Thank you! :)
  • quakerboy
    quakerboy Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have to say pretty much every comment here is AWESOME. I need to read the whole thread, but I am still back at the beginning when folks were processing eating cocoa powder. So happy that folks are being gentle with themselves and others.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    Confession: I've been such a horrible depression cycle for the past two weeks, work and life is just weighing me down. I rage quit my job yesterday but now I'm here, I love my job but my mental health right now isn't supportive of the job. I'm now stuck between do I stay and wait it out (mental healthwise) or do I stay and look to move on asap?

Do you mean you quit on the spot? Or, you told them you were quitting and are working a while longer? Sorry, I'm just confused.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Fitness related confession: I attempted to do my HIIT workout last night, and by attempt, I mean, I made 2 rather pathetic rounds skipping some exercises as to not injure myself further. I think I actually DID injure myself further. My ankle was really swollen last night and my leg was really sore. I really hate that I got hurt so close to my vacation and I can't do a proper workout because of it.

Non-fitness related confession: My husband FINALLY messaged his daughter (actually, she messaged him after my request yesterday [small victory?]) and she is coming by Saturday because he told her he wants to talk to her in person. I am glad he finally did this and I hope he doesn't chicken out and lays down the law with her. I'm not sure if I will be present or not because I told my daughter I'd take her Father's Day shopping Saturday and I also have an eye appointment to get my trial contacts checked. A part of me wants to be there to support him, but a part of me knows me, and fears I might say something I'll regret. Not sure which part of me will win yet. Positive thoughts are appreciated.

On a related note, when I got home last night, I noticed her cat has managed to tear about a 4" hole in my carpet in the doorway of the room she's staying in. I was so irate that I started screaming at this stupid cat and telling her I hate her and she's got to leave. She didn't understand what I was saying and I am sure she didn't care because she proceeded to tear at the carpet once the door was closed again.

Unrelated but relevant to something I mentioned yesterday: I asked my husband about whether or not we're going to exchange anniversary presents and he said he thought we'd just do some shopping for each other while we're down there. I am on board with this idea especially since I already have an idea of what I want to buy him. He also mentioned that what he wanted to get me we couldn't afford but could make payments on it. I told him I didn't want any more payments and he said not even for a ring?! I love that man!

Sorry so long, but I had a lot to say.

tl;dr: I hurt myself working out, stepdaughter's supposed to talk to husband Saturday, and I may be getting a new ring. :smiley:

The cat is staying in a room? Like by herself without much contact?? This REALLY bothers me....she must be going stir crazy, that is not good for her mental health....no wonder she is tearing *kitten* up, she must be bored and lonely.

If you do not want the cat,, please take her to a shelter or something, TODAY. If her mental health deteriorates enough, she will never be the same again. She may not even be able to mold properly into a family if she is in there too long.

PLEASE please do not leave that poor animal in there any longer, take her somewhere and give her a chance!

I don't want to keep her in the room, but that's how she's lived her whole life and I think that's why she is the way she is. She's crazy. We let her out when we get home and my daughter will let her out if she's home during the day, and she'll stay out for a few minutes and then bolt back in there. I know it sounds horrible that we're keeping her locked in room all the time, but we're not. I just don't know what to do. I feel bad for her, but she's not my cat and I don't want to take care of her.

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    You guys are super chatty! I didn't check this thread over the weekend and it took me until today to get caught up!

I don't usually send friend requests but will if someone says "add me" because I really like having friends on here but please don't judge my diary because it has been a mess lately.