Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @Glinda1971 I did, but it doesn't count as an insomnia victory when the sun is already up! :p I woke up about an hour ago, so I only have 5.5 hours of fasting left.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm really excited today that my face is feeling better!! I'm going to eat all my crunchy veggies I packed for lunch-I've missed them.

The first thing I do in the morning is check this thread - it keeps me logging in.

Then I go see how much spam I can kill - three threads this morning.

Then I go read other things always watching for new posts in here.

Haha this is pretty much my daily routine too, happy you're feeling better!
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Has anyone heard from @Lois_1989 ? Haven't seen her posting lately so I was curious! I always liked her posts!

I saw her last when orangesmartie first returned with her explanation, and Lois replied to her. Otherwise.. Nope, nada.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @Glinda1971 I did, but it doesn't count as an insomnia victory when the sun is already up! :p I woke up about an hour ago, so I only have 5.5 hours of fasting left.

I would sleep through the fasting period everyday B)
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I can barely eat rice as rice, I do not understand eating it as dessert when there are so many better things out there!!

Big Brother people - I just saw a clip of Audrey (transgender houseguest) being interviewed by Jeff Schroeder.....I do not know why they keep using him to do interviews and stuff for that show....he is a jerk....ugh

Julie just got choked up talking about said house guest saying that she hopes fans watch with an open heart and an open mind and learn something about a community they might not know about <3

I haven't watched any of the interviews...but what makes you say that Jeff is a jerk? I've always thought he was a sweet, silly, fun guy. I loved both him and Jordan.

As did I. I loved watching Jordan on Amazing Race, I just wish that she made it further. Never could stand Rachel.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

It has been a tough day. I know this was not going to be easy but even the people that help you....judge you....smh and crying

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you!

@orangesmartie I'm glad you took your meds! I hope they'll help you get into a better headspace. :)

@FluffySandwich Have a wonderful time on vacation, safe travels! Don't forget airplane window pictures. ;)

Everyone else... MrM contacted me through PM. He let me know that he asked the others to stop engaging here, but wants us to understand their point--inconsistent moderation isn't fair to anyone.

Nobody has anything against our thread, and they don't want to get it removed--they just believe that the mods are being unfair by treating us one way and others in another. I think we can all agree that they're right, even if the comparison of the locked threads to this one are not very similar--the mods are usually super strict, and they've never made an appearance here (which I'm sure we're all grateful for).

Anyhow, he just wants us all to play nice and understand each other's point, if possible--I personally see their side, and I hope you guys do as well. I hope we can all avoid attacking or offending each other, and meet halfway.

Sorry about the novel. :)

Can you PM me and fill me in on what happened? It will take me days to go back through the thread to find it. Did Mr.M get booted from this thread?

Edited to fix quotes
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    What does it matter where the thread is. If you don't like it don't go in to it. What exactly is the point of continually lurking groups or threads you disagree with.

I love your profile photo! So cute! Is that your kitty??

Me too! Looks just like our kitten, Skye!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My confession is I have stretch marks literally ALL over my body. I have them on my boobs, stomach, thighs, and all over my back. Never pregnant, just formerly morbidly obese. I know stretch marks are normal but when they cover the majority of your body, it's a little overwhelming to accept that. I never took care of myself/my body as a teenager and unfortunately I can't do anything about the damage that has been done. What a great wish it would be to be able to go back in time and have a second chance with your body. I wish I knew then what I know now...but what can ya do? I am only 22 and I feel as if my body is just ruined. I don't feel comfortable in my own skin, it's honestly a very sad situation. You only get one body, and I messed mine up, there's no turning back really. As you can tell I have a lot of regrets. I also deal with loose skin but that's a whole other story on it's own. Hopefully at some point in my life I will feel better about my body and learn to accept it as who I am, but that hasn't happened yet.

They get better. I have them on my arms, my hips, my belly, my thighs... they're much harder to see now. The main issue with weight loss is that they make better 'pockets' of leftover fat, apparently...

• Susieq_1994
    Options

Except that your fast isn't accepted if you do that on purpose. ;)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    My mother and I were talking about tattoos today. She never wanted me or my sister to get any until she saw my scars. She thinks they always end up looking tacky, and that people always regret them. I didn't tell her that what I actually want is scarification in the shape of the most basic of tattoos, angel wings. At least that would be less permanent/obvious than ink, right?

Related: I have watched 16 episodes of Orphan Black over the past 3 days, and I am now moving on to the 17th! I should be working on job applications and various other things instead. Oh well.

Helena is my spirit animal.
    tumblr_inline_mpqkv0H9jc1qz4rgp.gif

Oh, and food-related-confession to stay on topic: rice cakes with chocolate chips are actually super awesome. I've been destroying the stereotype that vegans are healthy for over a year now!

I love Orphan Black!

Confession - one of the kids was up coughing half the night. I am so tired. And he threw up this morning... Still going to the gym because I have to make up for yesterday, and my car is scheduled for an oil change next door anyway, but gosh I feel like dirt too. And now my husband has to stay home with him while I do that...

At least I'm not starving this morning... yet.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    It has been a tough day. I know this was not going to be easy but even the people that help you....judge you....smh and crying

I'm so sorry that you're feeling this way. I hope tomorrow will be a better day for you!

@orangesmartie I'm glad you took your meds! I hope they'll help you get into a better headspace. :)

@FluffySandwich Have a wonderful time on vacation, safe travels! Don't forget airplane window pictures. ;)

Everyone else... MrM contacted me through PM. He let me know that he asked the others to stop engaging here, but wants us to understand their point--inconsistent moderation isn't fair to anyone.

Nobody has anything against our thread, and they don't want to get it removed--they just believe that the mods are being unfair by treating us one way and others in another. I think we can all agree that they're right, even if the comparison of the locked threads to this one are not very similar--the mods are usually super strict, and they've never made an appearance here (which I'm sure we're all grateful for).

Anyhow, he just wants us all to play nice and understand each other's point, if possible--I personally see their side, and I hope you guys do as well. I hope we can all avoid attacking or offending each other, and meet halfway.

Sorry about the novel. :)

Can you PM me and fill me in on what happened? It will take me days to go back through the thread to find it. Did Mr.M get booted from this thread?

Edited to fix quotes

Full explanation sent, along with the location of the pages you can find the conversation on, if you care to do so. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    I just can't keep up. Despite checking in on this thread every day, I'm still 30 pages behind!

Had a bit of a nightmare with my GP recently. Told them 5 weeks ago I was pregnant. They don't give out the number for the midwife (midwife-led care is standard in the UK, you only see an OB if there's something wrong) and said, she'll call you. And it's my first, so I don't have any phone numbers from last time. Well she didn't call. 10 weeks in and no contact whatsoever. So I ring my GP, who says, we don't know, we just forward on the info, it's nothing to do with us, call back if you've not heard anything by week 12. Week 12?! For those who don't know, you're supposed to have a booking in appointment with the midwife anytime from week 8 onwards, and a dating scan at 12, so I was a bit antsy about this. Plus the fact they wouldn't even give me a contact number was pissing me off. Way to keep me in the dark and make me feel like my concerns are of no value.

Anyway, I decided to be proactive. Rang my local hospital and got through to the maternity ward as it's the only pathway I could think to find an NHS midwife. They were wonderful and a bit appalled on my behalf as they had no record of me. This was 6pm on Tuesday. By 10am on Wednesday they'd rung me back and said, would you like your booking in app at lunchtime? It lasts 1-2 hours so I was pleased they fit me in so quickly. Apparently I'm considered urgent since I'm further along than usual. It was nice to feel vindicated. In defense of the NHS, I should highlight the midwife and student midwife I saw were great. Pleasant, warm, understanding and very professional. Sorted out my next few appointments as they said leaving me in the dark about my own care was doing me no favours (damn straight!). Anyway, I get my first scan in a couple of weeks, so that's pretty exciting!

Tldr: Proper annoyed with my GP. Love the NHS midwives, they're ace.

Also for the Americans, NHS is national health service. You get some choice for example if there are two hospitals local to you, but you don't choose a midwife or choose a doctor like you do in the States. Hardly anyone I know uses a private midwife, it's just not common here unless you're seriously rich.

That's terrible! I'm glad you were able to see the midwife.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Except that your fast isn't accepted if you do that on purpose. ;)

Aw shucks, I'd lose then :(
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I can't remember who shared it, but I sent my colleague the thing about procrastination. Since then we've been discussing the dark playground and instant gratification monkeys over lync. And now, instead of the paper about plutonium contaminated materials I should be reading, I am reading that, even though I've read it before. SMH
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    [quote="KrisiAnnH;32927543

Confession for this evening; my parents called me earlier to let me know they're having the family dog put down soon. My natural reaction when upset is usually to curl up under a duvet and eat lots of sugary comfort food, but I'm trying to resist. I know it's only a dog, and in comparison to what a lot of you all are going through it seems really trivial, but it still sucks. Our dog is the first 'proper' pet I've had (aside from goldfish and pet rats when I was really young), and I grew up with her. Still, at least she's lived to the ripe old age of 15!

It's definitely not "just a dog"...but a family member and a friend. Putting our 15.5 year old dog down last summer was seriously the hardest thing ever...but it had to be done. He was at the point where he couldn't live/breathe outside of an oxygen chamber. I think about him every single day and still "say goodnight" to him every night when I go to bed. I just try to remember the absolutely awesome 15 years I got to spend with him! <3

Edit: I somehow messed that up with the quoting..[/quote]

Awh that's a lovely story, that's actually made me feel a lot better, thank you :) She's able to eat and walk on her own, but I think the deciding factor was this weekend when she couldnt get up off the kitchen floor on her own, and my mum and I had to lift her up. She was fine once she was on her feet but still... At least I live close enough that I can pop back and see her before she goes, I'm just a bit worried that me getting upset may upset her, dogs have a tendency to pick up on these things. [/quote]

Yes, they do. But you just being there will make her more comfortable than if you are not. Good luck to you..no doubt it will be hard. <3
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    I'm really excited today that my face is feeling better!! I'm going to eat all my crunchy veggies I packed for lunch-I've missed them.

The first thing I do in the morning is check this thread - it keeps me logging in.

Then I go see how much spam I can kill - three threads this morning.

Then I go read other things always watching for new posts in here.

Glad your face is feeling better and you can enjoy your veggies! :)
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Can I just say how awesome this thread has become?

Yes, it started out about trash bags, peanut butter, and hot chocolate powder, but it has evolved into a community within the MFP community where people actually CARE and SUPPORT one another through stupid decisions, horrible situations, and hilarious escapades.

You all rock. And if I wasn't super lazy, I would finally get around to friend requesting the rest of the regular posters.

Super great.

Agreed. You've all helped me more than I can say. Thank you all for being there for me (that seems so strange but it's true) when I had no one else to talk to.
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Thank you everyone for supportive messages.

I have taken my tablets today and yesterday.

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

I may have been doing one in my head just then. :blush:
    Is your accent more Downton Abbey or Dick Van *kitten* Cockney?
    Edit: That's hilarious, it censored Dick Van D y k e!!

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

It's more like Kate Winslet or Kate Beckensale. So what would that be?
    I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!

Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

Definitely. I'll message you. My mum lives in Maidenhead so I'm often over that way. I thought you lived in London.

I generally say London, then peoples have an idea where it is. No one ever heard of slough lol!

I'm usually in Devon for weekends ATM (due to mum and nephew), which is where I officially live (I'm like the queen, I have two residences lol), but if you're about for an evening :)

All I ever really do weekday evenings is go to the gym and watch criminal minds, I'm very boring like that, so I'm generally around!

We shall make a plan!

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    Keep on climbing that mountain, baby steps at a time. Sending all good wishes for your mum's surgery today. Have you taken your pill today? If not, go and do it now... Right now... Good. (((HUGS)))
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

@MoHousdon I love the idea that this is a village. I'm imagining us all in little English country cottages, nattering over the garden fence and on the village green

Good for you!

I would love that! As long as I can eat cookies and have tea. I would make an EXCELLENT English person/woman. Plus, I do a pretty good English accent.

um, I'm not sure. I don't say governor, or tally ho ole chap (this reminds me of a friends episode where Ross is teaching a class and starts speaking with a TERRIBLE British accent).

I talk a bit like Kate Winslet - Home Counties girl. Gwyneth Paltrow in Sliding Doors is another good example.
    Fun fact: Kate W's from Reading, and had her (first) wedding reception in the hall of the school where my friend's daughters went. They apparently served bangers and mash.

I live in Reading!!!!!!

Omg!!! I'm in Slough!! If you ever fancy meeting for a long walk or run or something, give me shout*

I hope that doesn't sound stalkery, I'd just love to have an mfp person to work out with

Definitely. I'll message you. My mum lives in Maidenhead so I'm often over that way. I thought you lived in London.

I generally say London, then peoples have an idea where it is. No one ever heard of slough lol!

I'm usually in Devon for weekends ATM (due to mum and nephew), which is where I officially live (I'm like the queen, I have two residences lol), but if you're about for an evening :)

All I ever really do weekday evenings is go to the gym and watch criminal minds, I'm very boring like that, so I'm generally around!

We shall make a plan!

This would pretty much be the greatest thing ever if you two met IRL.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    FOR ORANGESMARTIE:
    dblo0gftzxej.jpg

Good for you!

I live in Reading!!!!!!

We shall make a plan!

This would pretty much be the greatest thing ever if you two met IRL.

I know I'm super jealous :( Send pictures you two! Haha...anyone near Columbus, OH need a workout buddy? :)