Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    tomatoey wrote: »
    confession: I really liked feeling slinky and lean. It bothers me that I'm not at the moment. I'm alright, I guess, I'm at a healthy weight etc, but I miss the freedom of being able to wear anything at all without a thought. I liked not having any thoughts about my body, period, other than about what it was going to do. Feel frumpy and self-conscious. Ten pounds would do it.
    Yeah, it's amazing the difference that 10lbs can make.

I used to weigh 240. It was crazy how much weight I carried around.

Now I call >175 my "jiggle zone". If I'm 175 or under, I feel pretty lean. 165-170 is the sweet spot. But 176 & up, I can feel my man boobs / love handles jiggle. My wife thinks it's in my head, but it's the truth!

• LupusAnima
    LupusAnima Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    ashleycde wrote: »
    I was craving something sweet the other night but had absolutely nothing in the house that would satisfy me except some hot chocolate. So I ate two spoonfuls of the powder. Two spoonfuls. Of the powder.

When I was a kid I liked my chocolate milk lumpy because I liked the taste of the wet powder chunks. Next time mix a little milk (dairy or non-dairy, what ever) with the powder and it's like a powdery chocolate paste. It's good, trust.
    me and my bro did that!

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    Stopping by briefly to post my own bicep pic! I wanted in on the action. :)wqoab341wnrv.jpg
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Stopping by briefly to post my own bicep pic! I wanted in on the action. :)wqoab341wnrv.jpg
    Ooh, very impressive! How long have you been lifting to get those results?
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options

Holy crap way to go @pofoster21!! You and @BZAH10 have this arm thing down!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Nice job!

I confess that the forums have honestly opened me up to new foods, or at least to local restaurants. All I want to do for my birthday in December is go downtown and have dinner and ice cream somewhere I've never been.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    trvlpk wrote: »
    I don't know how to eat "healthy" and do not know what good nutrition means. :/ Also, I am a compulsive overeater/food addict that is finding it very hard to find recovery.

Stick around. Ask questions. Try to take a 1/2 hr walk every day. Enter your stats into the tracker, and try your best to log everything. I know it seems overwhelming at first; it does take some time to get used to it.

But it works.

This! Also don't fret about not eating completely healthy. My best advice is to get a food scale & measure in grams & ounces to accurately be sure you're eating the right amount of food.

How many veggies/fruits do you like? For the ones you like try to find different ways to add them to your daily diet & for the ones you don't like experiment with different ways to make them.

Since losing weight I've found I like spaghetti squash, broccoli, cauliflower, & Spinach but hate Kale & Brussels Sprouts.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

Holy crap way to go @pofoster21!! You and @BZAH10 have this arm thing down!

Holy *kitten* that's awesome.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Here is my confession: I haven't logged a bit of food for 4 months. I have gained almost 10 lbs in that time. I did keep up the exercise but my eating was super out of control. Several times I ate entire bags of candy on my own. Burgers, fries, pizza, all the stuff I know I should have only rarely, I have been pigging out on all of it. So I am starting over today. 159 and looking for 140. I sure hope I actually find it. Thanks for listening.
  • wmcmurray61
    wmcmurray61 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still sneak a smoke once in a awhile. UGGGG I know
    I smoke. It sucks. One battle at a time.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Here is my confession: I haven't logged a bit of food for 4 months. I have gained almost 10 lbs in that time. I did keep up the exercise but my eating was super out of control. Several times I ate entire bags of candy on my own. Burgers, fries, pizza, all the stuff I know I should have only rarely, I have been pigging out on all of it. So I am starting over today. 159 and looking for 140. I sure hope I actually find it. Thanks for listening.

You & I both. My lowest was around 147.6 & then maintained steadily at 153 for a few months & now up to 160. My plan of action is to wear my Fitbit almost everyday (maybe not my days off) & eat around 1500-1700 calories on my more active/work days. On my days off I am going to eat around 2000 so I can take a small mental break & figure with the 1500-1700 calories I will be around the 0.5 pounds a week. According to my Fitbit I should be around my goal of 145 around January, but of course that depends on other factors.

You can eat a lot of the stuff you want everyday it's just fitting in that can be hard or annoying. Even though I lowered my calories I am still going to try & fit in some ice cream & different treat items like Special K Brownies, Peanut Butter, yogurts, etc.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I see Wonder Woman, also, @quiksylver296. Also, I'm a bit dyslexic (which another reason I have a hard time remembering full screen names) and I always call you "Quickysilver" in my head. That "y" seems to trip me up every time!

Confession: I have to go buy my husband a Father's Day card and gift after work and we're not even on speaking terms right now. This should be fun.

I always see Quickysilver too!
    Sorry about the non-speaking moment. Maybe get a jokey type card? Then laugh about it and make up..?

Thank you! Went with a " you're a great dad and grandpa " card with a bottle of tequila 1800. See how it goes tomorrow.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Welcome back! You've got this!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I see Wonder Woman, also, @quiksylver296. Also, I'm a bit dyslexic (which another reason I have a hard time remembering full screen names) and I always call you "Quickysilver" in my head. That "y" seems to trip me up every time!

Confession: I have to go buy my husband a Father's Day card and gift after work and we're not even on speaking terms right now. This should be fun.

I always see Quickysilver too!
    Sorry about the non-speaking moment. Maybe get a jokey type card? Then laugh about it and make up..?

Thank you! Went with a " you're a great dad and grandpa " card with a bottle of tequila 1800. See how it goes tomorrow.

Good idea! Hope everything goes well! You really can't go wrong with tequila :)
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    tomatoey wrote: »
    confession: I really liked feeling slinky and lean. It bothers me that I'm not at the moment. I'm alright, I guess, I'm at a healthy weight etc, but I miss the freedom of being able to wear anything at all without a thought. I liked not having any thoughts about my body, period, other than about what it was going to do. Feel frumpy and self-conscious. Ten pounds would do it.

Yeah, me too. I'm technically healthy but I still feel uncomfortable. In ten or fifteen I think I'll feel about average and pretty good, ten more and I'd be really happy.

(Gaining weight is weird too, or it was for me; the first ten or fifteen pounds felt like so much. It's harder to see the difference between 120 and 130 though.)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I confess that I bought PB2 with chocolate, thanks to posts from 100's of pages ago, and I didn't like it. It has a waxy aftertaste. Maybe I should have bought the plain? Now it's going to sit in my cupboard until it's so old I can finally throw it out without feeling guilty.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Confession; I made a Chocolate Guinness cake this evening for my dad for fathers day, and I may have had a tablespoon of the chocolatey battery goodness...and licked the mixing spoon after (old habits die hard and all that, I very rarely bake so at least its not a regular thing?). In my defence, you have to taste test your own cooking right? :D

So is the chocolate Guinness cake good? I copied the recipe (somebody on here probably mentioned it hundreds of pages ago) but I've never made it.

I'm a non-drinker but I strangely love food made with booze... vodka sauce for pasta, beer cheese soup.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    I also caved to peer pressure and bought a couple of Quest bars. I just had the Raspberry White Chocolate one for dessert - it was ok but I wouldn't buy that one again. Expensive and not really worth it, IMO. I also bought the Chocolate Brownie one, so I'll see if I like that one more.