Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I hope he remembers...this morning.

• xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession: today is my birthday and I am waiting to see if my husband will actually remember. In the 10 years we've been married, he has legit forgotten my birthday twice. At least 4 other times he's not remembered until the end of the day; like "getting into bed" end of the day. I'm not looking for a parade or anything, but a "Happy Birthday" sometime in the morning hours would be nice.

My husband is the same.

Wow, you guys are very forgiving. I might not wake up the next day if I forgot!
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Way behind because of the wonderful long weekend and may not get caught up today because of stupid meetings. I wanted to share a picture of our lab/mix dog. We adopted her about four years ago with the name Brandie. She is nine now. I have to take her to the vet today to get a rather large lump on her side checked out. Prayers and good vibes would be appreciated.38h21c7fvocu.jpg

Prayers it's nothing serious.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    For those of you who love cute kitty pictures, here's one of my sister's doll-faced persian when he was an itty bitty kitten.

fpxbj63hcf8h.jpg

Today on my way to work I went by a shop that had a black kitty laying next to the mannequins at the widow. I paused to look at it and it meowed loudly at me. I wanted to pet it so bad!

AWWWWWWWWWWWWW. Cannot resist fluffy kittens.

This is mine. Her name is Vameka but I just call her Monster, it's more appropriate. She's my 'heart cat', if there's such a thing, even if she's a pain in the butt.

DSC00686b_zps42e2af8b.jpg

Beautiful! That's exactly how I feel about my Owen. <3

I hope you get him back :(

Thanks. I was missing him yesterday. It would have been a great day for cuddles under a blanket on the couch.

• 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options

:) Happy Birthday!!! :)
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options

Happy, happy birthday! It's my parents' 42nd wedding anniversary today, too.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    I bought a colouring book for grown ups and pencil crayons last night, and spent a good hour colouring when I got home. Yes, I'm 30 years old. No, I'm not ashamed.

Coloring is therapeutic! I love coloring with my kids!
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    CountessKitteh, I feel ya. I just went through some rough times when my MIL got sick and passed. Glad to hear your FIL is doing better. Get yourself some rest and it will be better.

I am glad I kept up or it would take me all day to catch up here!! I don't have pics of my kitties. I have a 12 yo tuxedo cat named Ramona the Pest. She would come and wake me up and basically demand attention. The other is a white, tabby looking barn cat named Usagi (sp?). My step son named her and it is supposed to be Japanese for rabbit, don't ask why...... Anyway we ususally just call her Stupid, because she is really goofy and would act more like a dog than a cat. I also have a 10 yo mastiff named Baby. She is my baby, and she is pushing old age for her breed. Still acts like a puppy.

Somehow managed to relax and not stress myself on eating this weekend. I overate a bit, but not huge amounts. It rained so much. I was glad for the break on Monday when we got some sun and were able to spend some time in our pool. I need the sun.....

Love it! I read those books over and over as a kid.
  • quiksylver296
    edited May 2015
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession today is that over the weekend my SO decided he wants to join me on my C25K runs. Now as much as I want to encourage this to get him off his *kitten* I begrudge going down from week 5 to week 3 (I chose week 3 because he has a job that requires him always moving, so I thought he could cope with that) He did well, but it's not week 5. :angry:

That would piss me off. I would go to a track and let him do his workout while I stayed on mine. (Although I understand why you would accommodate him.)
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »

My husband is the same.

Wow, you guys are very forgiving. I might not wake up the next day if I forgot!

I don't give my husband the chance to forget. He gets reminders for weeks in advance, and usually an e-mail of exactly what I want for a gift. He prefers it that way, he says.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    med704s wrote: »
    If I "blow" a day, I always stuff myself (literally) and SWEAR that I will get back on track the following day. Well, I have done that everyday for the past month and have gained all the weight back that I had lost previously. Now I have to lose the 15 pounds all over again. :-( I wish there was some way I could change this mindset (in that if I exceed the amount of "allotted" calories per day that I stuff myself the rest of the day)?! Anyway, that is my confession!

I once saw a meme that said something like eating like crap for a whole day because you had one bad meal is like taking a sledge hammer to an iphone just because you got a crack in the screen.

I've seen one that said it's like getting a flat tire when you're halfway to your destination, and instead of just changing the tire and continuing, you puncture the other tires, smash the car with a sledgehammer, set it on fire, and go back home.

That made me giggle! That was my thought process in the past, but now I know one bad meal/day doesn't ruin all the progress that's been made! It's like something clicked and I feel like I finally get it.
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

Happy Birthday!!
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    My confession today is that over the weekend my SO decided he wants to join me on my C25K runs. Now as much as I want to encourage this to get him off his *kitten* I begrudge going down from week 5 to week 3 (I chose week 3 because he has a job that requires him always moving, so I thought he could cope with that) He did well, but it's not week 5. :angry:

Oh I wouldn't like that either.

I'm like that when my husband wants to walk with me. Because he strolls and slows me down.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    This was me this weekend. I just wanted to eat all the food. I don't think I went crazy, except for maybe Sunday evening, but it was a rare occasion.

1eus53qyr05l.png
  • eMka11
    eMka11 Posts: 106 Member
    Options

happy Birthday! x
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    I've kind of lost my drive to keep on track, which is really stupid since I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit in a little more than a month. I just want to eat and drink what I want and not give a crap. I think I might be depressed because of all the crap that's going on right now with my stepdaughter (not going into that) and my kitty being gone.

I did have an NSV yesterday while cleaning out my closet. I have a pair of BCBG boots that have always been tight on my calves. I put them on yesterday and I actually had a little bit of room where they weren't suffocating my legs. I felt pretty good about that.
  • TigerNY128
    TigerNY128 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I ate and drank whatever I wanted Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The result....a 6 pound gain! I know most of it is water weight and will be gone in a few days but it's still annoying to see that number on the scale. I eat low carb most of the time, so when I eat tons of carbs for a few days, I always see a big jump on the scale. Oh well. Back on track today!
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I ate and drank whatever I wanted Saturday, Sunday, and Monday. The result....a 6 pound gain! I know most of it is water weight and will be gone in a few days but it's still annoying to see that number on the scale. I eat low carb most of the time, so when I eat tons of carbs for a few days, I always see a big jump on the scale. Oh well. Back on track today!

I'm in exactly the same boat. I went to Chicago for a wedding, ate and drank what I wanted (but didn't go crazy, I was never stuffed or overly full all weekend). The 6 lb increase on the scale is incredibly annoying. Especially since I told my husband that we could have ice cream for dinner tonight. LOL
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    I've eaten like crap for the last 9-ish days. Crappy food, no weighing food/logging, no working out.
    I'm up 6lbs. Some is water weight due to sodium and carbs, but I bet at least 3-4lbs is fat gain. I had toast this morning with a giant glob of peanut butter. Didn't bother to weigh/log it. Why?
    I feel so bad about myself when I do this.
  • quiksylver296
    Options
    I've kind of lost my drive to keep on track, which is really stupid since I'll have to be seen in a swimsuit in a little more than a month. I just want to eat and drink what I want and not give a crap. I think I might be depressed because of all the crap that's going on right now with my stepdaughter (not going into that) and my kitty being gone.

I did have an NSV yesterday while cleaning out my closet. I have a pair of BCBG boots that have always been tight on my calves. I put them on yesterday and I actually had a little bit of room where they weren't suffocating my legs. I felt pretty good about that.

Yay on the boots! I totally understand the rest. I have been absolutely, completely terrible about my food and can't seem to get back on track. No part of me cares right now. The only positive is that I haven't stopped my workouts.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    This was me this weekend. I just wanted to eat all the food. I don't think I went crazy, except for maybe Sunday evening, but it was a rare occasion.

1eus53qyr05l.png

Yep, this is me too. I have a home bakery, too, so the licks/tastes do me in (starting to be my busy season with grad parties/weddings). I’ve stopped doing that but I still struggle with wanting to eat all the baked goods. I’m PCOS/Hypoglycemic/Pre-diabetic so I’m actually carb sensitive. I still eat some things, but I eat ridiculous amounts like ¼ of a brownie or ½ tbsp of frosting. If I don’t, I blow up like a balloon. I ignored that the last 6 months or so, hence the 20-25 lb I’m now trying to lose :(
    I ate relatively clean the last few days and managed to even shave off 0.5 lb. Worked out this morning but still want to faceplant in the spicy chocolate brownies I made last night.
    My oldest was running a 104 degree fever yesterday- luckily it’s down now to 101 but he’s still miserable. I resisted the urge to stress eat but just about drank my weight in iced tea/water trying to stay calm.
    This thread moves so fast I can’t keep up!