Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I finally broke that 40lb loss goal today. I was stuck at 39 for what felt like forever but this morning down 2.5. I was happy I nearly cried. Over half way to my goal of 80

That's awesome! Way to go!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Happy Monday all!! Sounds like some of you had a great weekend. We did next to nothing, besides the ER trip. The little girl is doing better but still covered in red spots. Hoping that will be fading soon. Thanks to all of you who wished her well.
    @quiksylver296 - I love my bluetooth headphones and will not go back to wired ones. I would always catch the wire and yank them off my head during a work out.
    @MoHousdon - saw a news story this morning about pitbulls possibly being a universal donor for other dog breeds. Thought you might like that one.
    @orangesmartie - Charlie is so cute!! He looks like he had a wonderful time at the zoo.

Getting myself back to lifting again and the food part is getting better too. I think I may have worked past my need for gelato every day! This place helps with that more than you know.[/quote]

That's great! It does me too! I know that no one here will judge me for the choices I make but would gently encourage me to keep going and make better ones, I love this place <3
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    I finally broke that 40lb loss goal today. I was stuck at 39 for what felt like forever but this morning down 2.5. I was happy I nearly cried. Over half way to my goal of 80

Congratulations!

@orangesmartie, Charlie is adorable and looks just like you!

@annette_15, thanks for sharing the pictures and you look fabulous!
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I know you hate people apologising for asking you questions, @Susieq_1994, but I only do because I feel like that stereotypical ignorant privileged white girl, and I don't want to offend.

So...there is that - robe, I'm sorry, I don't know the word for it - the long black one with the head and face covering. But it gets to 60C in Oman, right? So, um...how do the women not die of heatstroke?

That's alright, it doesn't offend me! :)

It's called an abaya, and most of them don't cover the head or face--They're basically just black dresses. I wear one myself. The headscarf and niqab (face covering) are all separate pieces. There is one that has a head covering attached as well, but these are mostly worn by older ladies, as it's just an older style.

That said, I wear the abaya and headscarf. I don't find it hot, personally--I actually find it cooler than when I wear "regular" clothing like skirts and blouses because the abaya tends to be very lightweight. It's also because I've been covering for a very long time--If I didn't cover, I'd probably feel hotter due to the sun burning my skin!

My sister wears a niqab, and according to her, it did feel very hot in the first week, but she says it doesn't feel like that anymore now that she's used to it.

Just an add-on: The abaya isn't a must, Islamically. Women are encouraged not to wear very bright colors for the purpose of attracting men (yes, men have a rule that involves not attracting women--it isn't a sexist rule), but you're allowed to wear whatever color you like, as long as you're covered properly.

I prefer the abaya in Saudi Arabia because everyone wears it (I've seen like... two people so far that didn't... Even the non-Muslims wear it!) and I just don't want to stand out. In Oman, I often wear regular colored dresses, skirts, blouses, etc. Unless I'm lazy. Because the abaya is really easy to just throw on and be done. ;)

Can I ask some follow ups? You say your sister wears a niqab; was that something she decided to do as an adult? And how did she come to that decision? And are you wearing your regular clothes under the abaya? Or is it like a "dress".

Thanks for educating me! :)

Yes, she decided to start wearing it two years ago. Nobody else in our family wears it and she's unmarried, so nobody influenced her in that decision--in Islam there are some scholars (I refuse to count the Sheikh Google people...) who believe the niqab is obligatory, and others who believe it is simply recommended based on evidence from the Qur'an and hadith. After doing some studying, my sister chose to go with the scholars who believe it's obligatory, and began covering her face from then on.

You do have to wear clothing under an abaya--it's basically a cover, but the material is too thin to wear with nothing but underwear underneath, for example. I usually wear jeans and a tank top underneath it--since we have to remain covered, it's best to have your legs covered in case the wind blows it up, for example. :) But I would wear the same under a dress, actually, although I would probably wear cotton pants underneath in that case.

Oh, can I ask if you have one of these? I've always wondered if it was hard to swim in the modest suits, because of the extra fabric:

8r71esdpgap0.jpg

Nope, I don't own one--those suits actually don't meet the fardh (obligatory) requirements for modest clothing for women, especially because they cling when they're wet, and the shape of the body is revealed, which is the major requirement of covering.

If I'm going to swim, I swim in an all-women's facility with a modest swimsuit (even women aren't supposed to reveal nakedness to other women) or just jump into the ocean fully clothed because that's fun. ;)

Am I the only one who loves being naked? I don't know why but I do! Could be because ( I know I say this a lot but it's true) I really have no shame...haters going to hate!

I hate being naked. I hate skin touching skin. And I totally hate when running any part of my body touching any other part. I tried running in a sports bra ONCE. Never again. Yes I am a prude (I believe I have said this before).

I am the complete opposite of Prude. Even when I was heavy, love being naked (in the right company of course) I sleep naked most of the time.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    My previous 3 mile pr on the elliptical was 41:05, today I beat it at 40:01, but I'm mad because my goal has been to get under 40 minutes for a long time lol...dammit.

Anyways, EDC tomorrow and OMG I cannot contain my excitement :open_mouth: Here's a live stream if anyone wants to see what its all about https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/edc-1

I'll post some pictures on sunday after we get back!!

NIce. I have been a EDM DJ and for over 15 years and have followed EDC and Insomniac parties for decades. Have fun!

<----Hint... username = mixmode ;)

Confession: I never figured that one. It just looked like gibberish to me. :p
    Same here. Glad to know now! :)

LOL ....

1 6u355 17'5 73chn1c4lly c0n51d3r3d l3375p34k

(I guess it's technically considered leetspeak)
    Ok..I totally can read that. I guess if I know there's a meaning to it, I can figure it out. Otherwise, I'd just assume you threw some random letters together to make your name.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    My previous 3 mile pr on the elliptical was 41:05, today I beat it at 40:01, but I'm mad because my goal has been to get under 40 minutes for a long time lol...dammit.

Anyways, EDC tomorrow and OMG I cannot contain my excitement :open_mouth: Here's a live stream if anyone wants to see what its all about https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/edc-1

NIce. I have been a EDM DJ and for over 15 years and have followed EDC and Insomniac parties for decades. Have fun!

Haha me too! Now it all makes sense!
  • chismmegan
    chismmegan Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I usually eat about a handful (probably about 300 calories worth) of cashews in the morning, without logging them. In my mind, they are free calories because I use them to help with my depression. They are supposedly like a Xanax.

I also don't turn my HR watch off until I'm back in the car. Earn an extra 15 calories that way, haha.

I don't wear jeans anymore. I refuse. They make me feel fat and awful about myself. I wear yoga pants every day. Luckily my job is laid back so it isn't a big deal. I'm hoping to feel comfortable in my jeans again soon. That's one of my motivators.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    DSC_0553.JPG

Awwwww Charlie is super cute, bless his cottons. :smile:

I speak American English, what does this mean in English English? :)
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options

Yay!! Congrats!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I tried Breyers Gelato and cant say I was overly impressed. it was Raspberry Cheesecake. Now I wish I had got the cappuccino flavor cuz I love coffee ice cream. Is Breyers a poor representation of Gelato? Should I try the Talenti or is that brand about the same? I hate to waste cals on a so-so treat.

Blech. I thought it was a total waste of calories. I tried the same one as you, and haven't gone back to try others.

Confession: I don't think Talenti is that great... (don't hurt me!)

I would agree. I wish I had tried a different flavor. I woke up at like 5am with a stomach ache, too. Now I am scared to buy more and they also turn out to be a waste (or even worse, a gut grenade). I might try Talenti down the road but it will have to be under a severe moment of weakness.

I just stick with ice cream, I haven't been able to bring myself to try the gelato because I look at it but the Ben and Jerry's half baked calls my name and I cannot resist! Although I did try the Halo Top Lemon Cake this weekend and really enjoyed it but if I had to choose I'd get their chocolate because that curbs my chocolate craving (it's actually really good) and ice cream craving all in one and it's very low cal!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Morning all, I read up to page 1000 (super great) but have skipped another 18 whoops.

I'm feeling pretty bloated and massive (I'm 11 weeks pregnant but it's not visible) and was actually rather pleased to discover I've only put on 3 lbs so far. I had hoped to put on no more than 3-5 lbs during the first trimester so that's a win for me. The part I don't understand; I'm still about 13 lbs lighter than 6 months ago, but I feel huge, bigger than I did back then! It's probably hormonal.

Anyway, the confession is, boy am I glad I hung on to my larger clothes. I'm nowhere near needing maternity wear yet, so it's nice to have a larger size option without spending money on something I'll only wear for a couple of months. Hurrah for my fat trousers!

Awww but it's a good fat!

So would it be considered really bad if you didn't put any weight on?

You don't need to put on weight at all during the first trimester (unless you were underweight to begin with). Since I was about a stone overweight to being with, it would be okay for me to put on as little as 15 lbs all in. Of course, I doubt that will happen. If I stay under 25 I'll be happy. But honestly, I'm trying not to worry about it too much. My blood pressure and all that jazz are fine and the midwife isn't concerned. I have the rest of my life to lose weight after the baby is born. So I'm trying not to let it bother me. It's just a complete change of mindset when you've been actively trying to lose weight in the months leading up.

Yes just focus on keeping yourself and that baby healthy! :)
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

Now for stepdaughter news.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.
  • araromi2
    araromi2 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I eat organic baby foods because they are low in calories ...healthy and taste amazing. B)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    Ok so I finally got around to the friending spree from this thread, so if you see a friend request it's me, not some random creeper :)

Orange- Charlie is the cutest! I love his eyes!

Hope you all had an awesome weekend. I did not. I came in to the thread this weekend for a brief pity party then left lol. I feel awful. How is it possible to lose so much weight but still feel badly about yourself? I look lumpy and not at ALL what I looked like at this weight before my youngest. I keep thinking I'm close to my weight goal, but I'll have to adjust it when I get there. I won't look good in 16 lb. It's gonna end up being like 25 lb to go :( Talk about demoralizing!

Still waiting to hear back about my MS program which isn't helping. I have meetings all day at work, my 3 year old went nuclear at daycare this morning, and my hamstrings are KILLING me (I helped my mom lay down flooring in the house she's flipping).

Cheer up buttercup!! I'm sure you will look fabulous in 16 lbs! You've already done great so far!

@xLoveLikeWinterx, I'm sorry you are (were) feeling this way. Sorry, I'm behind and I don't know when you actually posted this. Just wanted to say that the scale number can distort our view of ourselves. We see a certain number on the scale and then expect to see an certain image in the mirror, but it doesn't always work out that way.

You've lost weight, which is great! Give your body time to adapt and smooth out. It will take a while for it to completely catch up to the scale number. Tracking measurements helps a lot.

Not to sound like a broken record, but 3 years ago I got really sick (still no idea what it was, but it was what I mentioned recently here to someone because a side affect was my taste buds changed). Anyway, I lost 10 lbs. and was so sick and weak and miserable. Got through it and started lifting seriously. Now I'm 10 lbs. heavier, but my measurements are smaller. That's what lifting can do for you. Weirdy weirdness, really, but it happened to me.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

YAYY congrats!! That's so exciting!!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options

Same here. Glad to know now! :)

LOL ....

1 6u355 17'5 73chn1c4lly c0n51d3r3d l3375p34k

(I guess it's technically considered leetspeak)
    Ok..I totally can read that. I guess if I know there's a meaning to it, I can figure it out. Otherwise, I'd just assume you threw some random letters together to make your name.

To be fair I guess I should explain a bit more. I used to have the username MIXMODE on most anywhere I needed a login. Well after splitting from my ex, I figured it a good idea to start using a different name so I couldn't be tracked (and believe me, I was) so it went from mixmode to m1xm0d3.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options

Yay!

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I tried Breyers Gelato and cant say I was overly impressed. it was Raspberry Cheesecake. Now I wish I had got the cappuccino flavor cuz I love coffee ice cream. Is Breyers a poor representation of Gelato? Should I try the Talenti or is that brand about the same? I hate to waste cals on a so-so treat.

Blech. I thought it was a total waste of calories. I tried the same one as you, and haven't gone back to try others.

Confession: I don't think Talenti is that great... (don't hurt me!)

I would agree. I wish I had tried a different flavor. I woke up at like 5am with a stomach ache, too. Now I am scared to buy more and they also turn out to be a waste (or even worse, a gut grenade). I might try Talenti down the road but it will have to be under a severe moment of weakness.

I just stick with ice cream, I haven't been able to bring myself to try the gelato because I look at it but the Ben and Jerry's half baked calls my name and I cannot resist! Although I did try the Halo Top Lemon Cake this weekend and really enjoyed it but if I had to choose I'd get their chocolate because that curbs my chocolate craving (it's actually really good) and ice cream craving all in one and it's very low cal!

I WILL try that lemon halo top... one day. As soon as the grocers stop toying with me. >_<
  • fameyjo
    fameyjo Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    lise_mac wrote: »
    I wear spanx all the time. I never leave the house without something to keep my tummy held in. :(

I do the same thing! Doesn't matter if it's the middle of summer and hottest day on record, that tummys getting tucked in!

I told myself I'd never wear a girdle again, but after putting on 20 lbs this last year, I've cut the legs off my control top pantyhose, and wear the top part as my homemade Spanx. I am so ashamed. :|
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Thanks to a very busy weekend, I'm coming to you from page 1002. OMG, I really need to get internet at home or a bigger data plan so I can forum on my phone!