Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA friends, I've been busy at work and was on the go all weekend. I'm also super hungry right now... eating everything in sight! Should still be under goal for the day, assuming I eat the dinner that I have planned out.

BTW- thanks to whoever in this thread clued me into the Fiber One lemon bars. They are delicious. Now I just need some self-control so that I don't gobble them all down during TOM this week. Yikes!
    Not sure if that was me, but I love them too. Freeze them for a bit and they're even better!

Ooh maybe I'll freeze one of my Fiber One Cheesecake Caramel bars & see what it tastes like?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    This one is pretty awesome...it should be a Friday thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10193742/why-am-i-gaining-weight/p2

This one just aggravated me! I don't understand why people are so against using a food scale?! I get not using one if you're having success without it but I LOVE knowing exactly how much of something I'm eating. I was losing before I started using one but I bought one because I really wanted to know EXACTLY how much I was eating each day!

Exactly. If I didn't use my food scale I'm pretty sure I'd still be around 250 pounds.

I pretty much weigh everything except for yogurt cups like Chobani, Dannon, or Yoplait.

Some of my protein bars/fiber bars can be 15-30+ calorie higher than they should & if you're at a smaller deficit with not much to lose it can hinder your progress greatly if you're off on everything you're eating. I also use it to weigh stuff like cereal, ice cream, & peanut butter since it's so easy to overestimate what a serving is. The first time I weighed out cereal on my food scale I thought what a ripoff & then put two more servings in the bowl:D. There are times I am shocked at how big a serving of peanut butter is, but if it's something like Cookie Spread or Nutella then again I am like what a ripoff.

I'll admit I've even weighed & measured one chip or cracker which I did today with my Triscuit cracker today.

At least I am not as OCD as the lady who takes her food scale to the grocery store.

I don't get people who use cups but think a food scale is too OCD either. It's easier, less dishes, and more accurate, so it just puzzles me. Plus it helps with eyeballing skills as at least you know what a 'cup' of broccoli is actually supposed to look like.

And packaged goods... gosh. Just my shortcake yesterday was 50 more calories than what the package said. Those delicious Graze flapjacks? I had one that was 80 more calories. It really adds up when your deficit is small...

What gets to me though is people who don't weigh their food then complain that their TDEE is so low. It's really not... they're just eating more than they think. I have some friends on here who have about the same stats as me, about the same activity, but maintain 400 calories lower. So either I'm a special snowflake, or they're really clueless about food portion.

But I guess if you keep a bigger deficit or underestimate your TDEE and don't weigh your food, it works too. People just have to find something that works with them. Me, I like having as much information as I can, because my relationship with food is pretty unhealthy in the first place (or I wouldn't be here!).

The funny thing though is that even when I know that I weighed all my foods, on days like today when I'm so full after 1200 calories (don't get me wrong, I still found things to get to my 1800 calories), I can't help wondering if I did something wrong.
  • TrailBlazinMN
    TrailBlazinMN Posts: 209 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I know this isn't as deep as some of the confessions here but today I watched the first episode of The Newlyweds starring Jessica Simpson and Nick Lachey. I heard the show's theme song and got goosebumps. It really hit me right in the <3
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Okay, I am going to have to finish this when I get home, was trying to go back to get to Susieq's original post, but I have been reading the the 1:15 - 1:45 timeframe I think for the last 5 pages! But I wanted to say this...

So. Susieq... I am sorry you feel badly right now, you were MORE than missed (you know I missed you as I came looking for you so I could watch that you were logging in even if you weren't posting) and you will get through this. Fasting isn't going to make it better...it has to cause a fixation with food even if you think it won't. But once you are through this you can work on it 24/7 and find what works for you. Just remember... you are not defined by your weight or your looks. You are an incredibly special person, which is obvious from your poems, your writing, and your comments in this thread. In the end that is what counts. Do we remember Mother Theresa for her looks? Abraham Lincoln? Is Oprah any less a person because she struggles with her weight (not that I am a fan of Oprah but looking for modern equivalents). Never define yourself by that. Its what is in your heart that matters.

XOXOXOXO

Will check back in later and finish this when I get home!

Thank you so much. :) I wasn't hoping so much that it would help me stop overeating, more that it would show me that being hungry can't actually defeat me and I'm stronger than my hunger. Kind of like a confidence boost, if you will. :) I have hope that *that* particular thing will happen--handling hunger always becomes easier when you've fasted for a while. :) It definitely doesn't help with appetite, which is why I (usually) prepare our meal while I'm still fasting and eat only what I've set in front of me (We start with dates and water, then pray the Maghrib prayer, then we eat the prepared meal)--because by then you want to eat EVERYTHING. ;)

I totally got the warm fuzzies when you came and added me here on MFP, because I was sure that it was because I went missing from the thread for a while! I even mentioned that to my husband. :)

I agree with you that looks should never define us, and yet I hold myself to a standard that I would never hold someone else to. :( I just feel so angry because I always swore to myself that I would never let myself get to this point again (heading for the overweight range), and yet here I am. I've let myself down in a big way, and I'm definitely not feeling particularly special sitting here in my new fat pants. :(

For those who have mentioned it: I don't think God is judging me for my struggles or taking away the reward of my fast because of them. In the Qur'an, we are told that every person will be judged by their true intention, and that God alone knows what is in the heart. He knows that I'm struggling but still trying, and that's enough. But *I* want to feel that special Ramadan spirituality and the essence and simplicity of fasting--and feeling bloaty and sick all the time is making that very hard.

I've just eaten a light suhoor, the one I pre-logged, and the fast has started--a small success for me, since I immediately felt an urge to abandon my log and eat a bunch of random food when I walked into the kitchen to prepare suhoor. Maybe I CAN do this. :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Confession listening to Pretty In Pink by The Psychedelic Furs. I love Pretty In Pink, 16 Candles, & The Breakfast Club.

"You missed my eye by an inch!" "Half an Inch!"

"Blane? His name is Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance!"

"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"
    That music is my era. Also all the bands my daughter calls my "80's Emo music" (The Cure, The Smiths, OMD etc)
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    This is not a confession and I don't care because I'm SUPER excited - my passport came in the mail today woo hoo!!!!

(For those unaware I've never left the country and I'm headed to London in August!!)
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    kNEWBrenda wrote: »
    I fell off the "diet wagon" after losing 82 pounds and now I am finding it hard to stick to any form of weight loss.

You are here, so that's something!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Is anyone who hangs out here a volume eater who's also successful with their weight loss and fitness? I am referring someone over here to MFP from the 'loseit' subreddit on reddit.com (the 'loseit' community is fantastic, btw). She binges on junk because she just needs to feel full, but really liked the suggestion I picked up here about cooking a whole bag of frozen veggies and eating those instead. I'm pretty sure I've seen similar suggestions from other volume eaters but was hoping I could either get more suggestions or maybe even a name or two to refer her to.

I'm useless to her because I'm one of those 'three small meals and two medium snacks per day' people who's never been able to eat high volume even when I was eating too many calories.

Thanks kindly for any help or information.

I am sometimes a volume eater. You can eat a lot of cucumber, cauliflower, tomatoes, peas, broccoli, celery, or basically any veggie for small calories.

Dannon Plain yogurt is 100 calories for 225 grams & I will sometimes have two servings & add in cereal or peanut butter for a pretty big meal.

My lunch tomorrow will be brown rice, spinach, grape tomatoes, Kraft Fat free dressing, & a whole can of reduced sodium green beans.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    This is not a confession and I don't care because I'm SUPER excited - my passport came in the mail today woo hoo!!!!

(For those unaware I've never left the country and I'm headed to London in August!!)
    How exciting!!!

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 you CAN do this and you have the support of everyone in this thread! :)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I finally found PB2 in a shop. I like making it up to a paste and eating it. I also like putting it with banana and yoghurt for breakfast

Just don't mix it with cottage cheese blech. That's one of the most vilest creations I ever thought to try. It's also pretty good on a rice cake.

I forget who mentioned Justin's peanut butters & today I bought a small snack size Almond Butter & Maple to compare to the MaraNatha at Giant today.

That was me!! How did you like it?! I loveeee the maple and vanilla snack size justices almond butter, yum!

I have the regular Almond Butter in my food diary to eat on Thursday for breakfast on a Cinnamon Vanilla Thomas English muffin. I am sure it will be tasty.

I wish more stores carried the MaraNatha Caramel Almond Butter because it's the best nut butter I've ever tried.

I've been eying the Coconut Almond Butter that Giant carries, but I am not paying $9.99 to try it.
  • martim3
    martim3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Confession: It's a hangry day, and I want chips...or Gardetto's.

I'm in trouble.

I hear you. It's workout off day & all I can think about is warm sourdough bread.

MUST. CONTROL. URGES.

me too, but to (kinda) contribute to the guacamole postings, I just want to face plant in a pile of it. LOVE it. I seriously think I like it better than ice cream. I've been known to eat a whole avocado with salt and a spoon. I want to eat ALL the things today, but by things I mean guac and cheddar cheese and sour cream.

mmmmmmmm this sounds so good!

• martim3
    martim3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Sprinkle some lemon juice on that salty guac and I'm right there with you.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

Awesome, awesome, and cuss words.

EXACTLY!!! So many emotions.

@quiksylver296 said it best, I'm super excited for you in regards to the ring and your trip I can't wait to see pictures!! I'm so sorry about your step-daughter but I think you're handling it so well! She's obviously immature and there's a lot of rebuilding that will have to happen between her and your husband, my fingers, as always, are crossed for positive growth and moving forward for your family :)

I was waiting to get to the original post, but this is what I wanted to say, so I am going to just echo Laura's comments!

Thanks pof!

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    I finally found PB2 in a shop. I like making it up to a paste and eating it. I also like putting it with banana and yoghurt for breakfast

Just don't mix it with cottage cheese blech. That's one of the most vilest creations I ever thought to try. It's also pretty good on a rice cake.

I forget who mentioned Justin's peanut butters & today I bought a small snack size Almond Butter & Maple to compare to the MaraNatha at Giant today.

That was me!! How did you like it?! I loveeee the maple and vanilla snack size justices almond butter, yum!

I have the regular Almond Butter in my food diary to eat on Thursday for breakfast on a Cinnamon Vanilla Thomas English muffin. I am sure it will be tasty.

I wish more stores carried the MaraNatha Caramel Almond Butter because it's the best nut butter I've ever tried.

I've been eying the Coconut Almond Butter that Giant carries, but I am not paying $9.99 to try it.

Where do you get the MaraNatha caramel almond butter? That sounds amazing!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    This one is pretty awesome...it should be a Friday thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10193742/why-am-i-gaining-weight/p2

This one just aggravated me! I don't understand why people are so against using a food scale?! I get not using one if you're having success without it but I LOVE knowing exactly how much of something I'm eating. I was losing before I started using one but I bought one because I really wanted to know EXACTLY how much I was eating each day!

Exactly. If I didn't use my food scale I'm pretty sure I'd still be around 250 pounds.

I pretty much weigh everything except for yogurt cups like Chobani, Dannon, or Yoplait.

Some of my protein bars/fiber bars can be 15-30+ calorie higher than they should & if you're at a smaller deficit with not much to lose it can hinder your progress greatly if you're off on everything you're eating. I also use it to weigh stuff like cereal, ice cream, & peanut butter since it's so easy to overestimate what a serving is. The first time I weighed out cereal on my food scale I thought what a ripoff & then put two more servings in the bowl:D. There are times I am shocked at how big a serving of peanut butter is, but if it's something like Cookie Spread or Nutella then again I am like what a ripoff.

I'll admit I've even weighed & measured one chip or cracker which I did today with my Triscuit cracker today.

At least I am not as OCD as the lady who takes her food scale to the grocery store.

I don't get people who use cups but think a food scale is too OCD either. It's easier, less dishes, and more accurate, so it just puzzles me. Plus it helps with eyeballing skills as at least you know what a 'cup' of broccoli is actually supposed to look like.

And packaged goods... gosh. Just my shortcake yesterday was 50 more calories than what the package said. Those delicious Graze flapjacks? I had one that was 80 more calories. It really adds up when your deficit is small...

What gets to me though is people who don't weigh their food then complain that their TDEE is so low. It's really not... they're just eating more than they think. I have some friends on here who have about the same stats as me, about the same activity, but maintain 400 calories lower. So either I'm a special snowflake, or they're really clueless about food portion.

But I guess if you keep a bigger deficit or underestimate your TDEE and don't weigh your food, it works too. People just have to find something that works with them. Me, I like having as much information as I can, because my relationship with food is pretty unhealthy in the first place (or I wouldn't be here!).

The funny thing though is that even when I know that I weighed all my foods, on days like today when I'm so full after 1200 calories (don't get me wrong, I still found things to get to my 1800 calories), I can't help wondering if I did something wrong.

A lot of people; unfortunately, still think they have to eat 1,200 calories or less to lose weight which is just sad. Think about how many people post on here routinely saying they can't eat over 1,000 calories & have a 100+ pounds to lose. Most of the times in that case they aren't weighing their food on a food scale & are vastly eating over their calories & possibly maintenance.

Just look at health magazines & the bogus diets & claims they offer such as Women's World. Women's World a few weeks ago had a cover that said lose 30 pounds in 30 days. Yeah lose 30 pounds in 30 days & then gain 60 pounds back.

Usually with my Fitbit (I find it to be pretty reliable) I burn anywhere from 2100-2300 calories a day; occasionally, a little more if I am more active with exercise.

I always laugh at the fact that I can weigh something & then one minute later I find I forget how much it weighed & then just overestimate how much it was.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    During two interchanges this weekend I reacted defensively to comments that, on further investigation, turned out to actually be compliments. This has made me realize that in spite of a lot of personal insight, I'm still having problems thinking of myself as "ok".
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Where do you get the MaraNatha caramel almond butter? That sounds amazing!

The only store I've found it at so far is the Carlisle Super Wal-Mart in PA.

Here's a link to see if you can find it at a store near you

http://www.maranathafoods.com/product/caramel-almond-spread
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Okay, I am going to have to finish this when I get home, was trying to go back to get to Susieq's original post, but I have been reading the the 1:15 - 1:45 timeframe I think for the last 5 pages! But I wanted to say this...

So. Susieq... I am sorry you feel badly right now, you were MORE than missed (you know I missed you as I came looking for you so I could watch that you were logging in even if you weren't posting) and you will get through this. Fasting isn't going to make it better...it has to cause a fixation with food even if you think it won't. But once you are through this you can work on it 24/7 and find what works for you. Just remember... you are not defined by your weight or your looks. You are an incredibly special person, which is obvious from your poems, your writing, and your comments in this thread. In the end that is what counts. Do we remember Mother Theresa for her looks? Abraham Lincoln? Is Oprah any less a person because she struggles with her weight (not that I am a fan of Oprah but looking for modern equivalents). Never define yourself by that. Its what is in your heart that matters.

XOXOXOXO

Will check back in later and finish this when I get home!

Thank you so much. :) I wasn't hoping so much that it would help me stop overeating, more that it would show me that being hungry can't actually defeat me and I'm stronger than my hunger. Kind of like a confidence boost, if you will. :) I have hope that *that* particular thing will happen--handling hunger always becomes easier when you've fasted for a while. :) It definitely doesn't help with appetite, which is why I (usually) prepare our meal while I'm still fasting and eat only what I've set in front of me (We start with dates and water, then pray the Maghrib prayer, then we eat the prepared meal)--because by then you want to eat EVERYTHING. ;)

I totally got the warm fuzzies when you came and added me here on MFP, because I was sure that it was because I went missing from the thread for a while! I even mentioned that to my husband. :)

I agree with you that looks should never define us, and yet I hold myself to a standard that I would never hold someone else to. :( I just feel so angry because I always swore to myself that I would never let myself get to this point again (heading for the overweight range), and yet here I am. I've let myself down in a big way, and I'm definitely not feeling particularly special sitting here in my new fat pants. :(

For those who have mentioned it: I don't think God is judging me for my struggles or taking away the reward of my fast because of them. In the Qur'an, we are told that every person will be judged by their true intention, and that God alone knows what is in the heart. He knows that I'm struggling but still trying, and that's enough. But *I* want to feel that special Ramadan spirituality and the essence and simplicity of fasting--and feeling bloaty and sick all the time is making that very hard.

I've just eaten a light suhoor, the one I pre-logged, and the fast has started--a small success for me, since I immediately felt an urge to abandon my log and eat a bunch of random food when I walked into the kitchen to prepare suhoor. Maybe I CAN do this. :)

You can do this!! Keep your intentions in mind and keep your eye on the end result. You can do it.