Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• shooter016426
    shooter016426 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    confession, I judge people big time for spelling "lose" as "loose."

I do too! Plus I judge those who write to rather than "too" and there rather than "their"
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.

Mine got out June 4. They've been to their grandma's, to the YMCA, to multiple parks, to the theater... After a couple of hours at two different parks today, we weren't home 10 minutes when I heard "I'm bored. There's nothing to do here." I always offer to find them a job to do if they're bored :).
  • shooter016426
    Options
    Jolinia wrote: »
    toriilana wrote: »
    The stupidest thing I ever did was buy some of those pills you see advertised that are supposed to aid weigh loss. You get them for free but pay for packaging only the trial is free and they charge you £75 if you decide not to send them back. I didn't read the fine print (because I was 16 and dumb and hated my body so much I just wanted it gone!). When I found out they had taken the money and realised why I was too embarrassed to admit to my parents. I didn't have to tell them about it as I earned my own money and I wasted my own money on it too! Stupidest thing I have ever done and it makes me feel bad that I got so desperate to lose weight that I fell for some pills that didn't work anyway.

Who hasn't tried at least one BS diet pill?

They'll never be as good as late 90s Dexatrim. I did that combined with SlimFast for all three meals. I was as full of goodness and light as you can imagine with that combination.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I just traded my nice, healthy lunch that usually I love to eat and am always pleased with for a 4" diameter chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Why? Because it was in the reduced bakery section for only $1.40. I followed that up by eating about 20 cinnamon donut holes. Why? Because they were also reduced down to only $.70 !! While they were delicious, and I can afford to eat this way on some days because of the amount of exercise I do and deficit I keep, I feel like I'm going to die. I know that in a couple hours when this sugar high wears off, I'll be feeling even worse and craving more sugar. Ughh! :(
    Why oh why can't I eat sweets in moderation? I had been doing so well. This morning's weigh in showed that I lost 3 of the pounds that I had put on from my emotional bingeing this past year.
    Ok done complaining.

Awesome job on on losing three pounds!

There's some days I do ok with eating sugar in moderation & other days I am give me all the ice cream, cookies, & cakes.
  • shooter016426
    Options
    Oh for the OTC stuff from the 80's and 90's! I cant remember if it was dexatrim or not, but there once was a chewing gum you could buy that kept you from being hungry. I took them before major meals. No side effects, at least for me.
  • pearso21123
    Options

To everyone: last night I asked what tldr meant but nobody answered, I wonder if the post got lost because I tend to mostly post after everyone is gone for the night......

I saw it but didn't know the answer. Sorry :(.
  • pearso21123
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I use my cell phone and ear buds to watch eps of My 600 pound life while I'm on the elliptical. That way I am motivated to keep going because I know what could happen if I didn't take care of myself.

I do the same thing with My 600 Pound Life. My husband thinks I'm weird. I say, whatever works, right?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.

They sound...not delicious.

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

Considering the heat of the summers in Oman, when I was a kid we used to buy them and leave the foil packets on the dashboard of the car on the way home. Then they were all warm and soft and melty... Mmm. I can definitely think of better desserts, but I still love poptarts!

@pofoster21 It's all so pretty! We just live in a rented apartment, so I have to live with the terrible plastic cupboards and nasty uneven counters. I don't mind it, though--as tiny as it is, it's the best kitchen I've had in a long time, and best of all, it's ALL MINE. ;)

We rent too, and my kitchen is...something. It's a shame, because it's got high-end, stainless, new Samsung appliances and is very, very modern, but it is NOT MY STYLE AT ALL. We have shiny red cupboards, stainless steel backsplash, stark white countertops and tile floor and bright white nuclear holocaust lighting, and it's just the opposite of what I would have chosen (anything but that fingerprint-y awful stainless...whites and pale blues and light woods, maybe with some navy and red accents, nothing lacquered and nothing stark.)

Objectively it is a stylish kitchen but I hate it a lot. And we have a tiny highrise apartment so it's a narrow galley kitchen too and I would give my right toes for decent counter space and more storage.

Your kitchen sounds like mine! Tasteless and ugly. ;) I do have all those shiny Samsung appliances (they didn't come with the apartment though, we bought those ourselves), but there's VERY little kitchen space, no air conditioner (you would only know how torturous this is if you lived in the Gulf. My kitchen settles at 30C/86F in the early afternoon), and there's hardly even space to turn around. The cabinets are shiny and plastic and cheap, and half of the doors were already broken when we moved in because they weren't installed properly.

I still love it though, because I enjoy cooking and baking and my kitchen is my haven for making all kinds of stuff. When I visit family I miss having my cozy little kitchen with all of my dishes and spices and such, knowing where everything is, having everything you need on hand, etc. It's just so nice to have your own place, even when it isn't perfect! :)

I wish there was a machine that Rosie had on the Jetsons that popped out whatever food item you wanted. Oh you want a hot fudge sundae well here you go. Pizza with whatever toppings you want? Flies right out & lands on a plate.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...

Poke him in the eye

I have to say, I really enjoyed the funny responses to this. :)

Give him a swift kick in the pants.
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.

They sound...not delicious.

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

Considering the heat of the summers in Oman, when I was a kid we used to buy them and leave the foil packets on the dashboard of the car on the way home. Then they were all warm and soft and melty... Mmm. I can definitely think of better desserts, but I still love poptarts!

@pofoster21 It's all so pretty! We just live in a rented apartment, so I have to live with the terrible plastic cupboards and nasty uneven counters. I don't mind it, though--as tiny as it is, it's the best kitchen I've had in a long time, and best of all, it's ALL MINE. ;)

We rent too, and my kitchen is...something. It's a shame, because it's got high-end, stainless, new Samsung appliances and is very, very modern, but it is NOT MY STYLE AT ALL. We have shiny red cupboards, stainless steel backsplash, stark white countertops and tile floor and bright white nuclear holocaust lighting, and it's just the opposite of what I would have chosen (anything but that fingerprint-y awful stainless...whites and pale blues and light woods, maybe with some navy and red accents, nothing lacquered and nothing stark.)

Objectively it is a stylish kitchen but I hate it a lot. And we have a tiny highrise apartment so it's a narrow galley kitchen too and I would give my right toes for decent counter space and more storage.

Your kitchen sounds like mine! Tasteless and ugly. ;) I do have all those shiny Samsung appliances (they didn't come with the apartment though, we bought those ourselves), but there's VERY little kitchen space, no air conditioner (you would only know how torturous this is if you lived in the Gulf. My kitchen settles at 30C/86F in the early afternoon), and there's hardly even space to turn around. The cabinets are shiny and plastic and cheap, and half of the doors were already broken when we moved in because they weren't installed properly.

I still love it though, because I enjoy cooking and baking and my kitchen is my haven for making all kinds of stuff. When I visit family I miss having my cozy little kitchen with all of my dishes and spices and such, knowing where everything is, having everything you need on hand, etc. It's just so nice to have your own place, even when it isn't perfect! :)

I wish there was a machine that Rosie had on the Jetsons that popped out whatever food item you wanted. Oh you want a hot fudge sundae well here you go. Pizza with whatever toppings you want? Flies right out & lands on a plate.
    I would stand in front of it and say "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."
  • pearso21123
    Options
    Today I took the kids shopping with me and told them they could each spend $1 (I'm cheap, I know, but that's not my confession). We ended up in the candy aisle, of course, where I spent 10 minutes looking at all of the kinds of chocolate and checking calories. After 10 minutes, I finally decided none of it was worth the calories and left with nothing. It was not my first time doing this. I don't have much of a sweet tooth but once in awhile I want chocolate, but then I can't find anything worth the calories. I ended up having a sugar-free chocolate pudding. Why oh why can't I find chocolate that's worth it!?

I guess that wasn't much of a confession. I'll try harder next time.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

:( What is your current routine? Have you thought of changing it up to do some Crossfit or weight training, cycling <3.... or anything HIIT to really kick it up a notch?

Also, I would seriously consider taking measurements and use that as a base for comparison rather than a number on the scale. Heck I don't even measure. Once every 2 weeks I gauge myself by trying on clothes I know are too small. Regardless what action you take, good luck. :)

Uh, training is

Sunday - 60min swimming
    Monday - strong lifts at lunch & 30min jog/walk
    Tuesday - 45 min swimming
    Wednesday - strong lifts & jog/walk
    Thursday - 45min swimming
    Friday - strong lifts & jog/walk
    Saturday - maybe a jog/walk if I feel like it.

I do measure, but every 100 days. I'm due one in 30days lol I find it disappointing if it is any sooner

Edit: my jog/walk is after work, before dinner. Not straight after strong lifts. I think I would die if it was straight after

Well hmmmm... that's certainly a strong routine. what's your daily net calorie intake?

*cough* not good *cough*

kwoentjf594i.jpg

Can't bring myself. To eat the majority of my hard work back.
    Although confession time, I don't log my protein shake after stronglifts.

Edit: and I think my pedometer gives me more calories than I deserve, for example today it has given me 471 calories, but in reality it was only about 200 calories for my swim

Yeah that looks light. However, I can't personally say that's bad. I hardly ever eat my cals back. Have you considered getting a HRM? To be certain of your burns? I understand your frustration but you are doing the right thing by staying active and boosting your metabolism. There's no way that can ever be considered bad.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Started the C25k app today because I like having someone tell me when to run and when to walk :)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Also I don't like this thread not being on the first page :(
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Started the C25k app today because I like having someone tell me when to run and when to walk :)

I am ready to start that myself. I was hoping that would tell me what to do!!
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    @Tubbs216 I confess that every time I see your name I think of the character Tubbs from The League of Gentlemen.
  • pearso21123
    Options
    I just finished reading all of the bacon posts and hesitate to tell ya'll how much bacon we have in our freezer. We raise our own hogs and you would not believe how much bacon you get off of one pig. Luckily, I can't cook bacon without burning it so I only get to have it when my husband feels like cooking.
  • clariseburner
    clariseburner Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It's crazy, every time I think I'm doing better I realize I find a new food to be obsessed with. Right now it's peanut butter with honey sandwiches. I've got to get it out of the house. Craziness. I even wake up at night to eat it.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I really like it because I'll be going along listening to my music and it'll beep and say start walking then beep start running and I don't have to look at my watch or anything it's great!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I really like it because I'll be going along listening to my music and it'll beep and say start walking then beep start running and I don't have to look at my watch or anything it's great!

Great news for me. I am working on getting my physical endurance up a bit for a mud run in October.