Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.

I'm requesting pictures of all these dogs please :):) I LOVE dogs so much!!

Here is a picture of our dog Sarabi, she was put down February last year because she had pancreatic cancer which spread to her liver. :disappointed: She was 12 years old, I was 24 at the time so I had known her for half of my life.

ujf60vw9vpca.jpg

Beautiful! She looks like a sweetheart!

She was the bestest dog in the world. :smile:
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989 I'm so sorry about your puppy :'( She was beautiful and I'm sure she's up in doggy heaven watching out for you! o:)

(Yes I'm a child and really do believe all dogs go to heaven, do not burst my bubble for me people!)
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I see Wonder Woman, also, @quiksylver296. Also, I'm a bit dyslexic (which another reason I have a hard time remembering full screen names) and I always call you "Quickysilver" in my head. That "y" seems to trip me up every time!

Confession: I have to go buy my husband a Father's Day card and gift after work and we're not even on speaking terms right now. This should be fun.

I hope you guys are doing better now. What is going on? I know a lot of people who are having relationship issues right now.

Yes it seems to be spreading...I am not overly impressed with my SO myself....

I think that I am the problem in my relationship.

I'm usually the problem in my relationships :#
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Just leaving this here, since everyone loves dogs so much. Hoping we can all have the same willpower!
    s8a73mcotcjm.jpg

LOL, I have this pinned in my animal funnies boards on Pinterest & was going to post it here a few days ago but thought nah.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options

Woo hoo! Now YOU have my permission to meet orangesmartie, Lois and girldownsouth. And I think Tubbs is from England too. As you are visiting your boyfriend not celebrating an anniversary. :)

Although I admit I will be wildly jealous.

Yes we should have an MFP confessions meet up when you're over! We're all int he south East, so getting into London isn't that difficult.

ETA: Buggered up the quotes

And so the planning begins! Take pictures!

I'm in the SE of England too :smile:

Ok so...orangesmartie, Lois, GDS (girldownsouth is too long to type with one finger) and coastalpath! I think from another post from last night Tubbs is actually a Brit living in Canada. So she might not be able to join (I can't always keep everyone straight!).

Laura, I think you are getting your tea party! I am inordinately excited about this!

If I move over there I would definitely insist on meeting everyone! (only if they'd like to of course :))
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I finally found PB2 in a shop. I like making it up to a paste and eating it. I also like putting it with banana and yoghurt for breakfast

Just don't mix it with cottage cheese blech. That's one of the most vilest creations I ever thought to try. It's also pretty good on a rice cake.

I forget who mentioned Justin's peanut butters & today I bought a small snack size Almond Butter & Maple to compare to the MaraNatha at Giant today.

That was me!! How did you like it?! I loveeee the maple and vanilla snack size justices almond butter, yum!

I have the regular Almond Butter in my food diary to eat on Thursday for breakfast on a Cinnamon Vanilla Thomas English muffin. I am sure it will be tasty.

I wish more stores carried the MaraNatha Caramel Almond Butter because it's the best nut butter I've ever tried.

I've been eying the Coconut Almond Butter that Giant carries, but I am not paying $9.99 to try it.

You pre-log your food that far in advance? I can't think past my next meal!

I usually pre-log one or three days in advance but usually I'll end up taking things out & adding other things as the day gets closer.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Leadership meeting today, dinner tonight, all day tomorrow.

I am frightened at how much I will have to catch up on when I get back.

Friends, message me if something is happening so I can check in. Or if you need a friendly chat. Or just need some sympathy. Or a kick in the butt!

Thanks Patricia!! (You really don't go by any nicknames?)
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    @Lois_1989 Sarabi was beautiful, look at her little paws all crossed over. I have a Golden Retriever (in my profile pic) he's 3 and balmy, I love him. Dogs really are part of the family. I am sorry for your loss.

Ha ha I know, she was a 'Lady'. The funniest thing she ever done was fart on lino flooring and scared herself. I could breathe for laughing.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Why's everyone so excited about England?!! Out of my office window all I can see is grey clouds and an office park. In my office in VA if you stepped outside you could see the blue ridge mountains (although that was it's only redeeming feature).

@KylerJaye regarding your mum, if she's anything like me she probably is empathetic, just not so good at being sympathetic. I will listen to someone, but I'm not going to boohoo over things with them, I'm very much in the just get on with it camp. It's part of the reason I don't reply to as many things on here as some people, because probably a lot of people don't really like the stop crying about it and deal with it attitude, they'd rather someone sit and poor them for a while. Although, saying that, a lot of people do tell me their problems, so maybe they do. But anyway, I think your mum was empathetic, and probably very concerned about what had happened, but if she's like me her thought would have then been, well how do you deal with it, slow down, so offered that as practical advice rather than going down the oh no how terrible route.

Because it's LONDON!!! And I lived in VA for three years, yes it's beautiful, amazing, lots to do, historical but hasn't been around near as long as England has! Plus y'all have the fun accents, I can't wait for my trip!!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Woo hoo! Now YOU have my permission to meet orangesmartie, Lois and girldownsouth. And I think Tubbs is from England too. As you are visiting your boyfriend not celebrating an anniversary. :)

Yes we should have an MFP confessions meet up when you're over! We're all int he south East, so getting into London isn't that difficult.

Ok so...orangesmartie, Lois, GDS (girldownsouth is too long to type with one finger) and coastalpath! I think from another post from last night Tubbs is actually a Brit living in Canada. So she might not be able to join (I can't always keep everyone straight!).

Laura, I think you are getting your tea party! I am inordinately excited about this!

If I move over there I would definitely insist on meeting everyone! (only if they'd like to of course :))

I would be disappointed if you didn't!
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Yay!! sorry i missed you off Coastalpath :)

I suggest we do something like tea at the Ritz (or the Dorchester or...i'll find out where the kitchens are good and clean/cheap) and have our MFP afternoon tea.

Not limited to people in the South East! Any Brits who can get there (wherever) is welcome (or other visiting 'Mericans)!

I'm glad you're organising it because I can't organise a piss up in a brewery. :lol:
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    If Jawbone ever finally releases the third band I might buy that one if it has good reviews & seems pretty accurate
    I think the Jawbone 3 was released, not to sure on how it was received though.

Really? I'll have to do some research:D. I know they bought out Body Media technology & they were supposedly the most accurate band on the market.

The Fitbit is pretty accurate, but if the Jawbone is better I might spring for that one & give my sister my Fitbit.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

Now for stepdaughter news.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

Oh man. What a mix of awesomeness and crappiness in this post. I think your new ring sounds pretty amazing, but the fact that your step-daughter is being such a selfish brat is making me so sad for your husband.

+1

A mix of yays and hugs for you.

Thanks!

Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

That's awesome news about your ring! Sounds like you had a good weekend except the stepdaughter part. Just curious...why wasn't he involved in her life when she was younger? Counseling may be good for all of you to work through this difficult place. It may reveal some things about her past that provide insight as to why she's acting this way. I hate that Rachael is so disappointed. :( (Hugs)

He wanted to be, we both did.

When her mom and my husband broke up, they shared custody (they were never married). For some reason, I'm not 100% clear on this as he doesn't like to talk about it, she quit allowing him visitation. I guess, in the state of Kansas, a mother can say anything she wants against a father, even one paying child support, and it's basically her word against his. She petitioned to increase his child support (this happened several times during our relationship) and was awarded more each time.

In the almost 15 years we've been married, until recently, I had only seen her twice. Once for her 5th birthday (her mother didn't know about this) and once for Christmas (same year, mother didn't know). When Rach was about 2 maybe a little younger, we found out where she worked and Husband asked if he could see her and she told him she didn't think she (daughter) was ready for that. Because, at the time, we didn't have the money to take her to court, he didn't fight his ex anymore and just did was what right by paying his child support and not fighting it every time she wanted more.

He would never admit it, but he's a pushover and hates confrontation. Hence the situation we're currently in. Her mom was pretty pissed when she found out she had sought him out. I'm sure she has a lot to do with the way she's been acting recently since she's staying at her house.

Sorry to be such a downer on a Monday.

There's the key, right there. Nineteen / adult or not, that sole-parental influence is HUGE. My husband and I both had joint custody of our kids, but the influence of the other parent was always present. I'll shut up on this subject after this, but once she becomes independent, breaks away from her mom, goes through a few serious relationships of her own, she will see your husband's side so much clearer.

Example scenario: say she gets seriously involved with a guy who has a child. Mother of the child does the exact thing to her (hypothetical) boyfriend that her mom did. He wants to see his child and be involved, but he is denied. He's hurt and she doesn't like it. Light bulb moment. She won't necessarily see her mom as the bad guy, but she'll apply all those same feelings to her current situation and eventually she will see things differently. IMHO.

I hope you're right. For his sake, her sake and Rachael's sake. Thank you.

As a single mom I wish my son had a dad that gave a s*** like your husband does. My ex didn't he even bother answering the phone when my son called to wish him a Happy Fathers Day. He texted me later that it was because he got so drunk and passed out in his front yard that his neighbour called 911 because they thought he was dead.

Wow. I can't decide what's worse: that he actually DID this or that he so readily admitted it! Yikes. I am very sorry for you and your son having to deal with this, but it's best that there's no contact at all.

Can you imagine if he had your son for days or overnights the worry you would have not knowing if he was drinking or not?! This is definitely a case of, be grateful for whatever you can in a bad situation.

I have a friend that went through this when her boys were young.....she stopped contact when he fell asleep drunk while cooking and burned the house down while the boys were there.....thankfully they made it out ok or she would have never gotten over it.....

Wow! How scary...and yes, I would think that would be enough to stop all contact! Jeesh!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    annette_15 wrote: »
    My previous 3 mile pr on the elliptical was 41:05, today I beat it at 40:01, but I'm mad because my goal has been to get under 40 minutes for a long time lol...dammit.

Anyways, EDC tomorrow and OMG I cannot contain my excitement :open_mouth: Here's a live stream if anyone wants to see what its all about https://screen.yahoo.com/live/event/edc-1

I'll post some pictures on sunday after we get back!!

NIce. I have been a EDM DJ and for over 15 years and have followed EDC and Insomniac parties for decades. Have fun!

<----Hint... username = mixmode ;)

Confession: I never figured that one. It just looked like gibberish to me. :p
    Same here. Glad to know now! :)

LOL ....

1 6u355 17'5 73chn1c4lly c0n51d3r3d l3375p34k

(I guess it's technically considered leetspeak)
    Ok..I totally can read that. I guess if I know there's a meaning to it, I can figure it out. Otherwise, I'd just assume you threw some random letters together to make your name.

To be fair I guess I should explain a bit more. I used to have the username MIXMODE on most anywhere I needed a login. Well after splitting from my ex, I figured it a good idea to start using a different name so I couldn't be tracked (and believe me, I was) so it went from mixmode to m1xm0d3.

Thanks for explaining! I always wondered about that too!

Somehow I missed that explanation until Po quoted you. But thanks for explaining and good thing you changed it...I wouldn't want to be tracked down either!
  • Coastalpath
    Coastalpath Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Lois_1989 Sarabi was beautiful, look at her little paws all crossed over. I have a Golden Retriever (in my profile pic) he's 3 and balmy, I love him. Dogs really are part of the family. I am sorry for your loss.

Ha ha I know, she was a 'Lady'. The funniest thing she ever done was fart on lino flooring and scared herself. I could breathe for laughing.

Haha scare farts are the best! I hate in when my dog 'Baxter' manages to do a loud sloppy one when trotting past me on the stairs for example! I'm half disgusted and half trying not to laugh because I don't want to embarrass him. The first time he barked as a puppy he scared himself which was cute :smiley:
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.

I'm requesting pictures of all these dogs please :):) I LOVE dogs so much!!

Here is a picture of our dog Sarabi, she was put down February last year because she had pancreatic cancer which spread to her liver. :disappointed: She was 12 years old, I was 24 at the time so I had known her for half of my life.

She was beautiful! I'm a sucker for grey-faced dogs! Our dachshund who passed away last summer was 15.5 and had the most handsome little grey face ever! Our vet used to call him the "George Clooney of dogs"..because he got better looking with age! :)
    And I love her crossed paws! <3
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    At times I want to start an Anti- Starvation Mode thread. Just to explain why it is false. Why, from an evolutionary standpoint, it makes no sense. Why, if it were true, none of us would be here because our starving yet chubby, muscle-less ancestors would not have been able to find, catch/kill or pick the food when it suddenly became available again. They all would have been sitting around the fire looking at the cave paintings, complaining about their fat thighs and wishing they had the strength to stand until they died.

End of Rant.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    (Yes I'm a child and really do believe all dogs go to heaven, do not burst my bubble for me people!)

Well, of course they do!
  • ohgeeque
    ohgeeque Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    As my mother told me, it wouldn't be heaven without them.

• xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    LH85DC wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA friends, I've been busy at work and was on the go all weekend. I'm also super hungry right now... eating everything in sight! Should still be under goal for the day, assuming I eat the dinner that I have planned out.

BTW- thanks to whoever in this thread clued me into the Fiber One lemon bars. They are delicious. Now I just need some self-control so that I don't gobble them all down during TOM this week. Yikes!
    Not sure if that was me, but I love them too. Freeze them for a bit and they're even better!

Tubbs- you win my favoritest person for today. That sounds amazing.

Gonna attempt to do the "multiple shout outs in one post" so I don't clog things up.

@Fester/Crosby- I have a 2007 Commander and I love it so much. I'm obsessed with my Jeep and before that I had a Cherokee and then a Wrangler. I love them, but... we have 2 kids and I need to get better than 11-15 mpg so I'm considering switching to a small car for a few years to get us out of debt until I can afford to upgrade to my Grand Cherokee.

@BZAH10 I can be like that with my husband, too. I'm definitely the more logical/less emotional one of the two of us. I've worked in either finance or government for the last 15 years (holy crap I'm old!), since high school. My brain just thinks more analytically because of it, which is ironic considering he's a Software Engineer.

@Susieq_1994 we're cheering for you! You can do it!

@MoHousdon I think you've been more than patient with her and I know it's hard because you don't want to interfere when your husband so desperately wants the relationship, but she's got a ton of growing up to do before she'll get it. In the meantime, that cat has gotta go.

@FroggyBug How are you doing?