Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.

They sound...not delicious.

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

Considering the heat of the summers in Oman, when I was a kid we used to buy them and leave the foil packets on the dashboard of the car on the way home. Then they were all warm and soft and melty... Mmm. I can definitely think of better desserts, but I still love poptarts!

@pofoster21 It's all so pretty! We just live in a rented apartment, so I have to live with the terrible plastic cupboards and nasty uneven counters. I don't mind it, though--as tiny as it is, it's the best kitchen I've had in a long time, and best of all, it's ALL MINE. ;)

We rent too, and my kitchen is...something. It's a shame, because it's got high-end, stainless, new Samsung appliances and is very, very modern, but it is NOT MY STYLE AT ALL. We have shiny red cupboards, stainless steel backsplash, stark white countertops and tile floor and bright white nuclear holocaust lighting, and it's just the opposite of what I would have chosen (anything but that fingerprint-y awful stainless...whites and pale blues and light woods, maybe with some navy and red accents, nothing lacquered and nothing stark.)

Objectively it is a stylish kitchen but I hate it a lot. And we have a tiny highrise apartment so it's a narrow galley kitchen too and I would give my right toes for decent counter space and more storage.

LOL! I call that 'surgical theater' lighting. And add me to the stainless steel haters club. It's the worst.

I've used every kind of cleaner from special stainless stuff to Windex to furniture polish to Barkeeper's Friend and baking soda and it's all useless. Worst trend.

My kitchen looks like a tiny version of this:

Elegance-Cherry-Red-Kitchen-Design.jpg
    I actually really like that, but I don't know that I'd want to live with it!

When we signed the lease, I thought it was passable (and I was happy about the high-end fridge, oven, dishwasher, etc.), but after three years I hate it with every fibre of my being. My kingdom for some soft colours and actual wood of some kind and a decent backsplash.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Speaking of grocery store baked goods, I've always had a weakness for these:
    img_3122.jpg?w=500&h=375
    I used to find any old excuse just to go to Kroger and pick one up.

@peleroja I agree with @Tubbs216 . It looks nice for special events but I'd feel overwhelmed surrounded by such strong colors.

Yuck, @47Jacqueline . That reminds me of the Y I tried out last year.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @kelly_c_77 I'm sorry you feel bad but don't! You've been SUPER on track and we're allowed to have those "off" days! Plus you said you have room in your calories so even more reason to not worry about it and just enjoy sweets, those are my weakness too :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

Considering the heat of the summers in Oman, when I was a kid we used to buy them and leave the foil packets on the dashboard of the car on the way home. Then they were all warm and soft and melty... Mmm. I can definitely think of better desserts, but I still love poptarts!

@pofoster21 It's all so pretty! We just live in a rented apartment, so I have to live with the terrible plastic cupboards and nasty uneven counters. I don't mind it, though--as tiny as it is, it's the best kitchen I've had in a long time, and best of all, it's ALL MINE. ;)

We rent too, and my kitchen is...something. It's a shame, because it's got high-end, stainless, new Samsung appliances and is very, very modern, but it is NOT MY STYLE AT ALL. We have shiny red cupboards, stainless steel backsplash, stark white countertops and tile floor and bright white nuclear holocaust lighting, and it's just the opposite of what I would have chosen (anything but that fingerprint-y awful stainless...whites and pale blues and light woods, maybe with some navy and red accents, nothing lacquered and nothing stark.)

Objectively it is a stylish kitchen but I hate it a lot. And we have a tiny highrise apartment so it's a narrow galley kitchen too and I would give my right toes for decent counter space and more storage.

Your kitchen sounds like mine! Tasteless and ugly. ;) I do have all those shiny Samsung appliances (they didn't come with the apartment though, we bought those ourselves), but there's VERY little kitchen space, no air conditioner (you would only know how torturous this is if you lived in the Gulf. My kitchen settles at 30C/86F in the early afternoon), and there's hardly even space to turn around. The cabinets are shiny and plastic and cheap, and half of the doors were already broken when we moved in because they weren't installed properly.

I still love it though, because I enjoy cooking and baking and my kitchen is my haven for making all kinds of stuff. When I visit family I miss having my cozy little kitchen with all of my dishes and spices and such, knowing where everything is, having everything you need on hand, etc. It's just so nice to have your own place, even when it isn't perfect! :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @FroggyBug How are you doing?

Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay. I did a small update a few pages back but I think it was passed over. My boyfriend and I actually talked a lot on Sunday. I was able to ask a bunch of questions and I really do think he answered truthfully. He still wants to do counseling. We are kind of both taking some space too.

I think he is depressed too. His dad passed away a few years ago and he hasn't been the same since (no excuse though-he needs to deal with stuff). He is withdrawn, angry at the world and less patient. I think that is the biggest reason we are having issues really. I told him he needs to think about getting help for himself.

At least I slept better last night. :)

How are you doing?

I did see the update, but I really don't know what to say that wouldn't sound awkward or trite, since I've never been through anything like it--that's why I so rarely comment on the situation when you update us. Just know that I'm thinking of you, and support you in whatever decision you feel is best. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    @noaddedsugarx You're in my thoughts! I hope your grandma will be okay. Please make sure to take care of yourself as well--your health and wellness are important too. We'll be waiting for you when you return! :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    When I had my baking business we built a separate kitchen in the basement (health code means you can't bake for the public from your family kitchen). I painted it pink and lime green. Now it's an overflow kitchen/sewing and craft room/brewhouse (my husband makes beer & cider) but the colours still make me happy every time I go into it.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...

Poke him in the eye

I have to say, I really enjoyed the funny responses to this. :)
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

I'm glad you decided to confess this. This would be a REALLY hard phobia to have since profanity is seen/heard everywhere these days. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. I'm trying to think back on whether or not I've said anything bad here. Hopefully not. If so, sorry!

It is. I pretty much live in a box, as I told my husband--which is possibly one reason why I'm so depressed so often. I can't read most books, watch most movies, watch/listen to most things on sites like YouTube, randomly browse sites on the web, talk to new people, or even go places where they play rap. It's really, really hard to deal with.

I mostly just close myself off from the world and don't even try. I avoid trying to make friends or going to new places or websites or anything like that, because I want to be in my "safe bubble"--this thread has majorly pushed me out of my comfort zone, and yet somehow it keeps pulling me back in even when I want to run away from it.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,711 Member
    Options

Well, I'd give my LEFT toes for your kitchen and apartment! Sounds just like my style!
  • daviskababy112
    daviskababy112 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    this thread is cracking me up!!! i am so happy that all of the crazy things i have though of or done during this lifestyle change, others have done as well!
  • MissPauling
    MissPauling Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bethnewey wrote: »
    When I feel like binging I smell the vegemite jar, Its so disgusting it makes me feel sick and then I dont feel like binging anymore (for about 10 minutes, this method sucks but i still do it lol)

lol i died :D never tried vegemite. always thought its yummy
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @spacequiztime why do you do this to me!? That looks so yummy!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

Now for stepdaughter news.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

That is so sad, I am so sorry that you guys are going through this....

Did you do something about the cat? IMO you really need to get your house key from her too (I would take the car also, but like you said, that is more up to your husband).

Off topic, what does TL DR stand for?

I'm sure someone already answered this, but it stands for "too long; didn't read". In other words, to sum up an overly long post.

Not to keep beating a dead horse (sorry @pofoster21 ) but Mr. Mo messaged her last night and told her he needed to talk to her about her cat because we can't keep her anymore and that he HAS to have the money for her car tags by Thursday. Her response was "ok".

He told me ( I hope he sticks to it) that if she doesn't have the money to him by Thursday, we're taking the car. Apparently, he'd been thinking about that for a while, but I had no idea. When I see her, I will be asking for my key back. I got really upset last night (not angry) that she is putting in no effort to be a part of our family. It hurts my heart.

• Achaila
    Achaila Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    I was just weighed for the first time in 2 years. And I've gained 50 pounds exactly. :o I'm panicked, because I was happy not knowing how much I weigh, but not being able to fit any of my old clothes and feeling like *kitten* physically is motivating me to lose the weight..again.
  • sdirks
    sdirks Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I just traded my nice, healthy lunch that usually I love to eat and am always pleased with for a 4" diameter chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Why? Because it was in the reduced bakery section for only $1.40. I followed that up by eating about 20 cinnamon donut holes. Why? Because they were also reduced down to only $.70 !! While they were delicious, and I can afford to eat this way on some days because of the amount of exercise I do and deficit I keep, I feel like I'm going to die. I know that in a couple hours when this sugar high wears off, I'll be feeling even worse and craving more sugar. Ughh! :(
    Why oh why can't I eat sweets in moderation? I had been doing so well. This morning's weigh in showed that I lost 3 of the pounds that I had put on from my emotional bingeing this past year.
    Ok done complaining.

Don't beat yourself up. Stress is just as bad for your body as processed sugar if not worse. A piece of cake now and then isn't so bad. Forgive yourself and move on, life's too short.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @FroggyBug How are you doing?

Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay. I did a small update a few pages back but I think it was passed over. My boyfriend and I actually talked a lot on Sunday. I was able to ask a bunch of questions and I really do think he answered truthfully. He still wants to do counseling. We are kind of both taking some space too.

I think he is depressed too. His dad passed away a few years ago and he hasn't been the same since (no excuse though-he needs to deal with stuff). He is withdrawn, angry at the world and less patient. I think that is the biggest reason we are having issues really. I told him he needs to think about getting help for himself.

At least I slept better last night. :)

How are you doing?

I saw your update and responded, but it seems like even when I'm on here during the day I STILL miss posts! I think it's because every time I come back to the thread or refresh it it takes me to the last post, then I have to scroll back, and inevitably posts are missed.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(

Oh no! Is it too short? What happened?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm back from VA! It was great. I am not checking the 1,664 new posts.

Confessions:

In public, I suck in to appear thinner than I really am. I never did this before I lost weight.

I would rather go deaf than listen to contemporary Christian music. It is awful and so boring. I had to endure it on my trip. Thank God for iPods.

What or who were you listening to? Christian music is ALL I listen to and I don't find it awful or boring at all. I will admit some of the songs aren't great, but for the most part, I really enjoy it. Everything from rap, to rock, to pop, to easy listening.

• Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(
    It will, but it's disappointing! Especially when you've paid money for a nice cut.

I just realised that I actually prefer my hair longer for the summer because then I can just wear it up. I get a bit weird about having hot hair on my neck - I have to have an elastic with me at all times in case I need to put it up!