Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Stupid tray of Ghirardelli brownies my mom made while staying over to watch my daughter. Dang her for bringing that crap in to my house! Taunting me.... I had about a 3x3 inch square. >_<

Hey, now, with all the cycling you do that amount doesn't even seem confession-worthy! But glad you're still here with us.

LOL true. If my mom had not been there though I would have ate the entire pan. I hope they are all gone when I get home today.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Especially @orangesmartie--your advice (to me and even to other posters) has been really helpful in "talking me off the cliff", so to speak. Also, Charlie is seriously adorable. Can I have him? ;)

Heehee, sorry no, he's my lovely little boy and I seriously adore him, he is the centre of my world (and I hate children). I'm quite looking forward to my niece coming along too, when I ignore the financial and time pressures.

I talked to my mum about buying a new house so the kids can have their own rooms. My current flat is not up to 2 small children!

I hope you are feeling a bit better susie, it's so easy to get lost in the blackness. It then becomes all consuming and food is the only light. But really it just increases the darkness.

I can't say enough how much I admire you. I don't know many people who would step up to the plate the way you are. You are seriously awesome!!

THIS! sooooo many times over.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Love the remodel. It looks gorgeous!

Confession: After posting in the What was your moment thread, I have completely lost my appetite at the moment. It reminded me of how much work I have ahead of me and how little effort it seems that I have put in so far. I know I should be further along in my progress and I am working to improve that. Maybe this little retrospective look at myself will be what I need to push harder and pay more attention to my food.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.

They sound...not delicious.

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

Considering the heat of the summers in Oman, when I was a kid we used to buy them and leave the foil packets on the dashboard of the car on the way home. Then they were all warm and soft and melty... Mmm. I can definitely think of better desserts, but I still love poptarts!

@pofoster21 It's all so pretty! We just live in a rented apartment, so I have to live with the terrible plastic cupboards and nasty uneven counters. I don't mind it, though--as tiny as it is, it's the best kitchen I've had in a long time, and best of all, it's ALL MINE. ;)

We rent too, and my kitchen is...something. It's a shame, because it's got high-end, stainless, new Samsung appliances and is very, very modern, but it is NOT MY STYLE AT ALL. We have shiny red cupboards, stainless steel backsplash, stark white countertops and tile floor and bright white nuclear holocaust lighting, and it's just the opposite of what I would have chosen (anything but that fingerprint-y awful stainless...whites and pale blues and light woods, maybe with some navy and red accents, nothing lacquered and nothing stark.)

Objectively it is a stylish kitchen but I hate it a lot. And we have a tiny highrise apartment so it's a narrow galley kitchen too and I would give my right toes for decent counter space and more storage.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I just traded my nice, healthy lunch that usually I love to eat and am always pleased with for a 4" diameter chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Why? Because it was in the reduced bakery section for only $1.40. I followed that up by eating about 20 cinnamon donut holes. Why? Because they were also reduced down to only $.70 !! While they were delicious, and I can afford to eat this way on some days because of the amount of exercise I do and deficit I keep, I feel like I'm going to die. I know that in a couple hours when this sugar high wears off, I'll be feeling even worse and craving more sugar. Ughh! :(
    Why oh why can't I eat sweets in moderation? I had been doing so well. This morning's weigh in showed that I lost 3 of the pounds that I had put on from my emotional bingeing this past year.
    Ok done complaining.

Congrats on the three pound loss that is huge. Good work!!!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

So sorry this is still happening. WW never worked for me and we don't have SW here in the states, that I know of. It sounds like you're doing everything right, so thinking it would be a good idea to see the doctor again. Did they check your thyroid and vitamin D levels last time? (Hugs)
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I'm currently using my building's gym due to a fluctuating schedule. For some reason, the people who use this gym don't seem to be aware of any gym etiquette and two out of the four times I've been there now, someone has stepped over me while I am working to get to a different part of the gym.

So, granted it's a small gym, but I cannot fathom a disregard for the fact that someone is lying on a mat with two 15 lb weights in her hands. :o
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    @FroggyBug How are you doing?

Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay. I did a small update a few pages back but I think it was passed over. My boyfriend and I actually talked a lot on Sunday. I was able to ask a bunch of questions and I really do think he answered truthfully. He still wants to do counseling. We are kind of both taking some space too.

I think he is depressed too. His dad passed away a few years ago and he hasn't been the same since (no excuse though-he needs to deal with stuff). He is withdrawn, angry at the world and less patient. I think that is the biggest reason we are having issues really. I told him he needs to think about getting help for himself.

At least I slept better last night. :)

How are you doing?
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    @kellyjellybellyjelly Yeah, I enjoy my One right now but kind of want to "upgrade" to something new because I just came across some extra cash.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Ok guys last night I was dreaming about this thread.....like literally in the dream I was sitting here with my laptop reading and posting...... :|

Sorry this made me laugh. :)
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

Considering the heat of the summers in Oman, when I was a kid we used to buy them and leave the foil packets on the dashboard of the car on the way home. Then they were all warm and soft and melty... Mmm. I can definitely think of better desserts, but I still love poptarts!

@pofoster21 It's all so pretty! We just live in a rented apartment, so I have to live with the terrible plastic cupboards and nasty uneven counters. I don't mind it, though--as tiny as it is, it's the best kitchen I've had in a long time, and best of all, it's ALL MINE. ;)

We rent too, and my kitchen is...something. It's a shame, because it's got high-end, stainless, new Samsung appliances and is very, very modern, but it is NOT MY STYLE AT ALL. We have shiny red cupboards, stainless steel backsplash, stark white countertops and tile floor and bright white nuclear holocaust lighting, and it's just the opposite of what I would have chosen (anything but that fingerprint-y awful stainless...whites and pale blues and light woods, maybe with some navy and red accents, nothing lacquered and nothing stark.)

Objectively it is a stylish kitchen but I hate it a lot. And we have a tiny highrise apartment so it's a narrow galley kitchen too and I would give my right toes for decent counter space and more storage.

LOL! I call that 'surgical theater' lighting. And add me to the stainless steel haters club. It's the worst.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

:( What is your current routine? Have you thought of changing it up to do some Crossfit or weight training, cycling <3.... or anything HIIT to really kick it up a notch?

Also, I would seriously consider taking measurements and use that as a base for comparison rather than a number on the scale. Heck I don't even measure. Once every 2 weeks I gauge myself by trying on clothes I know are too small. Regardless what action you take, good luck. :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Hey guys. Haven't really been on here but I logged on on my laptop for the first time in a while and noticed I had a few notifications just wondering how things are so I thought I would check in. Thank you for thinking of me! It's been a tough couple of weeks.

My Grandma is still in hospital. As they said the bruising on her brain caused it to swell. In the first few days she was opening her eyes and acknowledging when we were there by making sounds but then it stopped and she kind of drifted. The pressure on her brain has caused her to have confirmed brain damage on the left side but no one knows how this will affect her yet. They were trying to find out why she was become less alert and her temperature was spiking and they discovered she has pneumonia which she's on antibiotics for now. They are wanting her to have an operation to relieve some of the pressure but have to wait until any signs of infection have gone - also she's an anesthetic risk.

She had two lumbar punctures to drain some of the fluid on her brain over the weekend and when I went to see her today she seemed to have improved. She was opening her eyes, although not really focusing but I could tell she knew I was there. Still unable to talk though. Just hoping she gets well enough for this operation and then shows some further improvement.

The whole situation is so heart-breaking. I've spent every day with my Grandma for so long I hate seeing her like this so much. But it's just a waiting game and I have to try and stay positive.

Anyway like I said it's just a bit of an update and now I'm probably gonna go 'poof' again for a little while but I can't wait to come back and catch up on this thread soon as I do miss it. I've caught up on a months worth of posts before so I'm sure I can do it again haha

*hugs* for you. i am so sorry this is happening with your grandma. i wish her and you the best.
  • FroggyBug
    Options
    Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

I'm glad you decided to confess this. This would be a REALLY hard phobia to have since profanity is seen/heard everywhere these days. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. I'm trying to think back on whether or not I've said anything bad here. Hopefully not. If so, sorry!
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options

LOL! I call that 'surgical theater' lighting. And add me to the stainless steel haters club. It's the worst.

I've used every kind of cleaner from special stainless stuff to Windex to furniture polish to Barkeeper's Friend and baking soda and it's all useless. Worst trend.

My kitchen looks like a tiny version of this:

Elegance-Cherry-Red-Kitchen-Design.jpg
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    @FroggyBug How are you doing?

Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay. I did a small update a few pages back but I think it was passed over. My boyfriend and I actually talked a lot on Sunday. I was able to ask a bunch of questions and I really do think he answered truthfully. He still wants to do counseling. We are kind of both taking some space too.

I think he is depressed too. His dad passed away a few years ago and he hasn't been the same since (no excuse though-he needs to deal with stuff). He is withdrawn, angry at the world and less patient. I think that is the biggest reason we are having issues really. I told him he needs to think about getting help for himself.

At least I slept better last night. :)

How are you doing?
    Sorry I missed that previously. It's great that you're talking honestly, and that he wants to make the effort. It does sound like he would benefit from some individual counselling too. Everyone taking a step back and a deep breath is good - it will definitely help with perspective.
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 you CAN do this and you have the support of everyone in this thread! :)

I second this!

• m1xm0d3
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    I confess I just traded my nice, healthy lunch that usually I love to eat and am always pleased with for a 4" diameter chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Why? Because it was in the reduced bakery section for only $1.40. I followed that up by eating about 20 cinnamon donut holes. Why? Because they were also reduced down to only $.70 !! While they were delicious, and I can afford to eat this way on some days because of the amount of exercise I do and deficit I keep, I feel like I'm going to die. I know that in a couple hours when this sugar high wears off, I'll be feeling even worse and craving more sugar. Ughh! :(
    Why oh why can't I eat sweets in moderation? I had been doing so well. This morning's weigh in showed that I lost 3 of the pounds that I had put on from my emotional bingeing this past year.
    Ok done complaining.

Damn reduced priced items get me everytime! The frugal slickdealer that I am just cant allow myself to pass up a cheap treat!

• Tubbs216
    Options

I've used every kind of cleaner from special stainless stuff to Windex to furniture polish to Barkeeper's Friend and baking soda and it's all useless. Worst trend.

My kitchen looks like a tiny version of this:

Elegance-Cherry-Red-Kitchen-Design.jpg
    I actually really like that, but I don't know that I'd want to live with it!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

I'm glad you decided to confess this. This would be a REALLY hard phobia to have since profanity is seen/heard everywhere these days. I'm sorry that you have to deal with this. I'm trying to think back on whether or not I've said anything bad here. Hopefully not. If so, sorry!
    Me too. I speak what my husband sweetly calls 'the language of Chaucer' (i.e. profanity-loaded) in real life. Not so much here I think, but I will pay attention!