Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @spamarie I'm happy you finally have an appointment booked, yayyy!! Are you going to want to know the gender of the baby before hand or are you going to wait and be surprised? I'm sorry if someone else has already asked this and I missed it! :#
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.

They sound...not delicious.

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    This is not a confession and I don't care because I'm SUPER excited - my passport came in the mail today woo hoo!!!!

(For those unaware I've never left the country and I'm headed to London in August!!)

I thought you had been there before. So, your boyfriend has always come here? How long have you been dating? Not trying to be nosy, just curious!

@kellienw335 It's okay lots of people have questions when I tell them my boyfriend lives in the UK and I live here! Haha I would too if someone told me that!

No I've never been there before! We met online last August (not even looking I was just bored) and really hit it off and became "penpals" of sort. So we've been dating for about 8 months now? But we don't really go by that since we've only spent one month of time together :) It's hard and it's out of the ordinary I get that but- we just work you know?

Just so you know, this can work. I have a friend (British) who met his future wife online in a gaming forum (Canadian). They did the long distance for a while, she came over and visited him and eventually (after a couple of years) she moved to the UK, they got married, have a kid, and now they've all moved back over to Canada. I don't know where they plan to stay long-term. The main reason she came to the UK first was because the visas were easier that way around. Anyway I wanted you to know it can work and good luck to you.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

and we have mixmode..I can't remember the correct way to spell it with numbers and such! :#

Isn't @m1xm0d3 a girl?

I thought he was the single dad cyclist...? Am I confusing/combining people?

Yes, he is the single dad cyclist.

I confess since he rarely talks about 'male things' (I am sure because of us) I think he is male as well. And I am SURE he will be thrilled we ever questioned it. We love you @m1xm0d3! Don't leave us!

This cracked me up... I will forever think of him as mixmode now!

I too hope he's not offended and leaves! I know he's busy at work, but I hope he appears again. Also, I "read" letters as numbers sometimes, so "mixmode" is exactly how I read it, also.

You got it! I am thick skinned so no I won't leave until something like graphic discussions on enemas starts becoming the norm around here or something.
    It's probably just a matter of time...

Then I guess I'll try to muster through. Puke bucket on hand and ready!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994, I admire you for your confession and your aversion to swear words. Personally, I don't swear much at all either in real life or in posts. Doesn't bother me if anyone else does. Just wanted to say that good relationships are based on open communication, so kudos to you for opening up a new dialogue that will hopefully only enrich and strengthen your relationships here!

Thank you. :) It was a very difficult admission for me, but the anxiety was becoming too much to handle. My usual reaction in that situation is to shut down and run away, so my first thought was to run off and create a new account to log my food--but I just couldn't do that. Everyone here has been so kind to me and encouraged me so much that I couldn't just run off and abandon you all without any explanation or anything--I'm sure some here would worry and that would be very inconsiderate. So I did the (much) more difficult thing, and I hope that pays off. :)

Plus @pofoster21 has added me on both Facebook and Wattpad, so I can't possibly escape. ;)
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    NOT going to read anything because I don't have time but here is old bathroom/kitchen and new bathroom kitchen (warning this will eat up this whole page...):n9zxhty31es6.jpgbsarymgtrgbh.jpg
    8zs2ghh9ojbu.jpg
    l5zzyro5zn1o.jpg
    1rw5p9mpurlo.jpg
    frq8k9948m0r.jpg
    m5ddx2gdmwow.jpg
    as4qppg9mnep.jpg
    kvslv1a66cxw.jpg

Looks amazing. I am so jealous of your jet tub :)
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Update: I finally got through to the right person at the hospital and I have an appointment booked! I even got it brought forward a week by acting extra pathetic and hormonal. I feel better now...
    Yay! Good for you. The first ultrasound is the most emotional and the most scary and the most exciting.
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    @spamarie I'm happy you finally have an appointment booked, yayyy!! Are you going to want to know the gender of the baby before hand or are you going to wait and be surprised? I'm sorry if someone else has already asked this and I missed it! :#

It's way too early to find out the gender (it's only the 12 week scan) but I plan on leaving it a surprise anyway. That kid better not be flashing me too obviously when the 20 week scan comes, I don't want to know!
  • Tubbs216
    Options
    NOT going to read anything because I don't have time but here is old bathroom/kitchen and new bathroom kitchen (warning this will eat up this whole page...):

That's gorgeous!!! Everything looks awesome, but I am especially in love with your bathroom tile.
    Agreed! So pretty!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

and we have mixmode..I can't remember the correct way to spell it with numbers and such! :#

Isn't @m1xm0d3 a girl?

I thought he was the single dad cyclist...? Am I confusing/combining people?

Yes, he is the single dad cyclist.

I confess since he rarely talks about 'male things' (I am sure because of us) I think he is male as well. And I am SURE he will be thrilled we ever questioned it. We love you @m1xm0d3! Don't leave us!

This cracked me up... I will forever think of him as mixmode now!

I too hope he's not offended and leaves! I know he's busy at work, but I hope he appears again. Also, I "read" letters as numbers sometimes, so "mixmode" is exactly how I read it, also.

You got it! I am thick skinned so no I won't leave until something like graphic discussions on enemas starts becoming the norm around here or something.

Eeew I think I'd be leaving as well!

Ditto! @Lois_1989 I read your post a few pages back about the exercise and activity issues you have with your SO. It's great that you have each other and he's willing to be active! However, balance is important. Right now, I don't have any suggestions on that topic, but I'm wondering if you can spur your weight loss with you diet instead. Do you both eat the same things? Is he helpful and flexible as far as that goes? IF may work for you, but it seems to me that you are active enough, but maybe some food intolerances are causing issues? IDK. Just trying to help!

I have been thinking the same thing recently, but I wasn't sure if something like that would affect weight loss?
    Oh, my SO is very difficult to cater for. Don't get me wrong, he has improved greatly in the last 7 years, but there is no way in God's green earth I will get him to eat a salad. Or chicken. Or fruit. Or fish. Generally there will have to be some sort of sauce involved. He is willing to try bless him, particularly in the last year or so because I've been getting upset about it.
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I see Wonder Woman, also, @quiksylver296. Also, I'm a bit dyslexic (which another reason I have a hard time remembering full screen names) and I always call you "Quickysilver" in my head. That "y" seems to trip me up every time!

Confession: I have to go buy my husband a Father's Day card and gift after work and we're not even on speaking terms right now. This should be fun.

I hope you guys are doing better now. What is going on? I know a lot of people who are having relationship issues right now.

Yes it seems to be spreading...I am not overly impressed with my SO myself....

I think that I am the problem in my relationship.

No judgement guys-Sometimes I think I'm the problem in my relationship too. I am very naggy and get angry about stupid little things sometimes. I know that I have issues yet I have trouble controlling myself when I'm in the moment.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

thanks for letting us know Susie. Its quite important because none of us would want to deliberately upset you.

I will endeavour to moderate my language, apologise in advance for any that slip through, and understand if you want to unfriend me - i won't take it personally :)

I am sorry... I did this in a message to you...I was just saying this AM that I need to stop swearing. So from now on...no more swearing in my feed or comments or messages. Susieq...you are making us better people!

I really appreciate it! I consider you a good friend, and I hate that I feel so anxious about having you on my list(s). You guys don't know how much it means when you try to make accommodations for me--I truly didn't expect it, and I have a major case of the warm fuzzies right now. Thank you all.
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

It's way too early to find out the gender (it's only the 12 week scan) but I plan on leaving it a surprise anyway. That kid better not be flashing me too obviously when the 20 week scan comes, I don't want to know!

I never found out either. I figured there are not nearly enough (good) surprises in life :)
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

I confess I might be a lot like your mom.

THANK YOU! Not to be mean to @KylerJaye at ALL, but I seriously lack empathy. My youngest son is a drama queen, so if you ask him I'm the worst person EVER. He over-dramatizes everything and I'm more of the "suck it up, buttercup!" kind of mom. His dad would take him to the ER when he was little over a bloody nose and I, on the other hand, when he called me in the middle of the night after totaling his truck told him to just drive home. :( In my defense, I'm completely out of it if I'm woken up abruptly and incoherent. Of course, I woke up more and realized what happened and went and got him, but yeah, that's what he's had to deal with. Sorry, child!

My husband has serious back issues at times, but is also a wimp when it comes to pain. One time he needed me to help him out of bed and called me into the bedroom FOUR separate times saying he was going to get up, but then couldn't do it. Finally, I told him, "It's like ripping off a Band-Aid - just get up already!" Epic lack of empathy.

it's not that i expect her to fall over herself about it (i know better), but just once can i get an "are you ok?" before the metaphorical smack upside the head? which after 34 years, i absolutely know is coming :smiley:

honestly, with most things... i'm pretty much the same way. once the initial adrenaline rush subsides, i revert back to the pick yourself up, brush it off and keep on going mindset.

and it really just occurred to me that this could also help explain why i've never had that "rock bottom" with drinking. nothing has ever been catastrophic enough to incite change because in my head, there is no such thing...

...and somehow i'm 12 pages behind again.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Wow, @pofoster21, I am loving your kitchen and bathroom! Very jealous of your shower, especially the little nooks for some reason.
  • Susieq_1994
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.

They sound...not delicious.

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

Considering the heat of the summers in Oman, when I was a kid we used to buy them and leave the foil packets on the dashboard of the car on the way home. Then they were all warm and soft and melty... Mmm. I can definitely think of better desserts, but I still love poptarts!

@pofoster21 It's all so pretty! We just live in a rented apartment, so I have to live with the terrible plastic cupboards and nasty uneven counters. I don't mind it, though--as tiny as it is, it's the best kitchen I've had in a long time, and best of all, it's ALL MINE. ;)
  • Tubbs216
    Options

I never found out either. I figured there are not nearly enough (good) surprises in life :)
    I've done it both ways - either is great!

• Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 - Nice!!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I confess I just traded my nice, healthy lunch that usually I love to eat and am always pleased with for a 4" diameter chocolate cake with vanilla frosting. Why? Because it was in the reduced bakery section for only $1.40. I followed that up by eating about 20 cinnamon donut holes. Why? Because they were also reduced down to only $.70 !! While they were delicious, and I can afford to eat this way on some days because of the amount of exercise I do and deficit I keep, I feel like I'm going to die. I know that in a couple hours when this sugar high wears off, I'll be feeling even worse and craving more sugar. Ughh! :(
    Why oh why can't I eat sweets in moderation? I had been doing so well. This morning's weigh in showed that I lost 3 of the pounds that I had put on from my emotional bingeing this past year.
    Ok done complaining.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(