Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.

I'm requesting pictures of all these dogs please :):) I LOVE dogs so much!!

Here is a picture of our dog Sarabi, she was put down February last year because she had pancreatic cancer which spread to her liver. :disappointed: She was 12 years old, I was 24 at the time so I had known her for half of my life.

She was beautiful! I'm a sucker for grey-faced dogs! Our dachshund who passed away last summer was 15.5 and had the most handsome little grey face ever! Our vet used to call him the "George Clooney of dogs"..because he got better looking with age! :)
    And I love her crossed paws! <3

Awww I would love a dachshund but I'm worried I will get a yappy one. Sarabi never barked unless someone was at the door. I'm not sure I could cope with a noisy dog.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

I confess I might be a lot like your mom.

THANK YOU! Not to be mean to @KylerJaye at ALL, but I seriously lack empathy. My youngest son is a drama queen, so if you ask him I'm the worst person EVER. He over-dramatizes everything and I'm more of the "suck it up, buttercup!" kind of mom. His dad would take him to the ER when he was little over a bloody nose and I, on the other hand, when he called me in the middle of the night after totaling his truck told him to just drive home. :( In my defense, I'm completely out of it if I'm woken up abruptly and incoherent. Of course, I woke up more and realized what happened and went and got him, but yeah, that's what he's had to deal with. Sorry, child!

My husband has serious back issues at times, but is also a wimp when it comes to pain. One time he needed me to help him out of bed and called me into the bedroom FOUR separate times saying he was going to get up, but then couldn't do it. Finally, I told him, "It's like ripping off a Band-Aid - just get up already!" Epic lack of empathy.

OMG, me too. My husband is a worst case scenario expert so every sniffle most certainly means ebola. He was pretty sure my insect bite was Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, too. :p It's exhausting. I just roll my eyes as discreetly as I can and tell him to go to the doctor.
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    (Yes I'm a child and really do believe all dogs go to heaven, do not burst my bubble for me people!)

Of course they do! That's what I'm banking on. I'm expecting her waiting outside the pearly gates with her excited butt wiggle she did whenever she saw me.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Confession listening to Pretty In Pink by The Psychedelic Furs. I love Pretty In Pink, 16 Candles, & The Breakfast Club.

"You missed my eye by an inch!" "Half an Inch!"

"Blane? His name is Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance!"

"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"
    That music is my era. Also all the bands my daughter calls my "80's Emo music" (The Cure, The Smiths, OMD etc)

My era too!! I love, love, love them!
    You'll be jealous that I saw a lot of those bands live. I lived quite close to London so it was easy to get in and out to see shows. I was a cool teenager!

Yes, I am quite jealous!! I need to send to you the bumper sticker my stepson gave me -- 'I may be old, but I got to see all the cool bands!'
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    so i don't appear able to get salted caramel fiber one bars in the UK. I am now considering opening a food exchange programme!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    I am raging!

I am supposed to have an ultrasound scan next week and no-one will confirm the appointment or tell me when it is. I've rung three different numbers for the hospital about 10 times, and each time they either transfer me somewhere else or don't pick up at all.

The medical care path I'm on is the most basic, the most minimal, that is offered for all low-risk women. Literally every single woman who has a baby has these appointments, it's nothing special. And I can't get anyone to tell me anything. My GP forgot to refer me, I had to hunt down a number for a midwife because no-one would give me one. And now they've booked me a scan (so they say) but no-one will tell me when it is. I have a f**king job and so does my husband. I need to make sure I have access to a car on the day. It's not f**king rocket science! Sorry to swear, I'm just getting really frustrated.

I think I might just turn up at the hospital front desk and start hysterically crying until I get what I want am entitled to. Might get their attention.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This is not a confession and I don't care because I'm SUPER excited - my passport came in the mail today woo hoo!!!!

(For those unaware I've never left the country and I'm headed to London in August!!)

That's so awesome! Yay for you!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Stupid tray of Ghirardelli brownies my mom made while staying over to watch my daughter. Dang her for bringing that crap in to my house! Taunting me.... I had about a 3x3 inch square. >_<

That's all?? Think I would have been hard pressed not to do a face plant in the pan!!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    so i don't appear able to get salted caramel fiber one bars in the UK. I am now considering opening a food exchange programme!

What a good idea!!
  • ConstantStruggle
    ConstantStruggle Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Most of my calories are taken up by Gin!!!! B)o:):*
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Ok guys last night I was dreaming about this thread.....like literally in the dream I was sitting here with my laptop reading and posting...... :|
  • Italian_Buju
    Italian_Buju Posts: 8,030 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.

I'm requesting pictures of all these dogs please :):) I LOVE dogs so much!!

Here is a picture of our dog Sarabi, she was put down February last year because she had pancreatic cancer which spread to her liver. :disappointed: She was 12 years old, I was 24 at the time so I had known her for half of my life.

ujf60vw9vpca.jpg

She was beautiful!!
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Ok guys last night I was dreaming about this thread.....like literally in the dream I was sitting here with my laptop reading and posting...... :|

You could at least have dreamed that we were all at our tea party together eating cake and drinking tea!
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?
  • Francl27
    Options
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

Oops. Feel free to delete me and I promise I won't be offended! I do tend to curse a little...

Confession - made myself a breakfast sandwich on a croissant this morning and it's weighing down on my stomach. I don't know what's up with that, my stomach has been acting weird lately. But I guess I'm not hungry, so there's that.
  • Lois_1989
    edited June 2015
    Options

Well I must say that this the first time I have heard of this phobia. But it has been noted and even though I'm not part of your friends list, I will make sure to tone it down for this thread because I have great respect for you and the courage you have to confess this. May I ask for a guideline of some description? Obviously swearing is a no-no and blasphemy? In terms of movie ratings are we 12? Thank you :smile:
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options

Ahh the epic timing just after I post my first ever sweary post (I hope I didn't personally trigger you!). Of course I don't mean to make you anxious and no offence taken. I'm glad you feel comfortable enough to share these things here.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Confession - can't help shaking my head at people on MFP sometimes. 'I went to the gym every day this week and I'm up 4 pounds, I don't get it!'. Check their diary... most days are not logged and when they are, it's with things such as a tuna wrap or a cake pop for... 80 calories each.

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

and we have mixmode..I can't remember the correct way to spell it with numbers and such! :#

Isn't @m1xm0d3 a girl?

I thought he was the single dad cyclist...? Am I confusing/combining people?

Yes, he is the single dad cyclist.

Thanks for clearing that up! Yes, I am the single dad cyclist. :blush:

Well, I already confessed that I suck at remembering everyone's personal details...including gender, apparently. Mixmode, I shall dub thee Caitlyn. Bwahahaha, I crack me up!