Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    jorinya wrote: »
    I can't wait to go home for the holidays and rub it in peoples face that I am not thinner than them. All the horrible comments they made about my weight will be thrown back at them without me having to say a word. Those that thought themselves thinner than me are now over twice my weight? Oh how the tables have turned!!

Congrats! This is the key component here and IMO it's so much more enjoyable when you take the high road. Let them sulk while you bask. :D
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    spamarie wrote: »
    Sch614 wrote: »
    Wrote an email to my daughter's teacher today about the quarter test date but have watched so many hunger games movies to get caught up I accidentally wrote "quarter quell" !

Very good! We should all try to shoe horn random literary (or film) references into our otherwise serious correspondences.

Ok. Starting right 'meow?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    81Katz wrote: »
    Confession: I"m thinking of taking a break from logging and just being active and mindful of my eating. I'm just tired of always thinking about food and worrying about food. I'm just tired of agonizing over every little stupid calorie.

I hope it works. I've actually starting to lose steam for MFP. I only come to this thread and the Ice Cream/Gelato group page. I was active on the other forums and reading the blog, now I just don't even want to bother.

I've thought about doing that too. I lost 50lbs on my own before I ever found MFP. I know weighing and logging food is a helpful tool and it works (when you stick to it) but I find myself getting more and more obsessed with it again. Going over my calories leaves me feeling like a failure, which sometimes leads to binging because of the "I blew it" mentality. So then I feel bad that I ate, so I eat some more because I feel bad or like a failure, then again I eat some more and feel bad about that, repeat cycle. I want to lose weight and be happy and healthy, not see my life as being in the RED or the GREEN and hopefully get to a place where some number on a stupid scale doesn't matter. I feel like I need to fix the emotional me and hopefully the physical me will fall into place too.

I am trying to not worry about the scale anymore either. I was 153 pounds & had a few binges & now I'm about 156-157 depending on water weight. I figure I'll just weigh myself on Mondays & then the rest of the time try to go by how my clothes fit.

I wish MFP would have an option to deselect the red all together since not everyone goes by daily calories. I have started to eat around 1740 & then netting around 1900-2000 by eating some of my Fitbit exercise calories & leaving the rest to eat on both of my days off.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    I keep falling behind on this thread because work is getting in the way. Stupid work.

Also, we're nearly to 700 pages. Didn't we JUST get to 600?!

This was me yesterday after not visiting since Friday. Because of work I just had to ignore those posts and start fresh on whatever the last page was.
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I am also pale and never tan! I just had to chime in and encourage all of the other fair skinned people to get checked by a dermatologist! Especially if you've had bad sunburns! Four years ago, at 27 years old, I noticed a tiny black dot on my arm. I went to the dermatologist and it was melanoma. My doctor said it would have been fatal in 5 years. Luckily it was caught early, and although I'm left with an ugly scar, it could have been much worse. I'm 31 now and religiously put on sunscreen every day and see my dermatologist twice a year. I don't want to scare anyone, just want everyone to be safe and healthy!!

Fair skinned here. I actually just found a new mole and was thinking about calling the doctor to get it checked out. Your advice just made up my mind, I'm calling today.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    clover157 wrote: »
    I tried a new butter chicken recipe tonight.... Wow it was delicious!! So delicious I had two bowls with rice, 1600cal total, just for dinner :/
    I'd be OK staying fat if I could eat that every day :D

Hey as long as it fits in your calories & even if it doesn't enjoy that food:D. There are a lot of people who only eat one meal or save a lot for a larger dinner.

I've been saving a lot of my calories for afternoon snacks, dinner, & later snacks.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    spamarie wrote: »
    Sch614 wrote: »
    Wrote an email to my daughter's teacher today about the quarter test date but have watched so many hunger games movies to get caught up I accidentally wrote "quarter quell" !

Very good! We should all try to shoe horn random literary (or film) references into our otherwise serious correspondences.

Ok. Starting right 'meow?

Did you just say 'meow?'

Super Troopers is funnier every frickin' time you watch it!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession/NSV: I did NOT want to go to the gym last night. I was completely dreading it. However, no matter how much I dread the gym, sitting at my son's boxing gym and watching them practice is worse. So, I dragged myself to the gym. And PRed my bench!!! Went from total dread to psyched in 0.6 seconds!!!

I also ate cake, chocolate, ice cream, Funyuns and two Quest bars yesterday. Urgh.

Yum can't go wrong with any of that (well maybe Funyuns, but I am not a huge chip person most of the time). I had two White Chocolate Raspberry Quest bars for Breakfast! I swear they're like crack.

The only bad thing about eating too many Quest bars at least in my opinion is they make me so constipated at least when I am slacking on drinking a lot of water.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Feeling like crap today. I had a bad night of emotional eating..estimated 2000 calories over my goal ( I tend to not measure/weigh foods when I binge). I've done way worse..some days up to 5000 over! Anyway, I woke up today with an extra 3 pounds of water weight. Still did my workout though..running 8 miles with that bloated feeling is NOT FUN, but I did it. I knew I had a binge coming on at some point because tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my mom's death. Since that day last year, I have become a completely different person..I can't accept it, can't move on, can't find peace. I've become angry over little things and find comfort in eating. I gained 12 pounds because of it...would have been much worse if I didn't work out every day to counteract all the emotional eating/binges. I've been pretty good over the past two months..losing six of those extra pounds. I just need to get through today and tomorrow and really focus on finding a different way to deal with my emotions. I already feel like I'm going to give in again today though. :( Ugh! Sorry to be a downer.

So sorry for the loss of your mother. I can relate, but I lost mine almost 20 years ago. It was tough at 26 to lose her and she never got to meet my kids. I probably did a lot of binging and self destructive things around the first year that we lost her. It still is tough for me, she passed the day after my birthday, so that is always a fun time....yeah. Please take care of yourself and try to find things that will keep you from eating during this time. Sounds like you already have some in place with the running.
  • kecmw25
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    Six or so weeks ago I mentioned my daughter and a potential ED. The follow up (first follow up) and nutritionist meeting were yesterday. She's gained a few lbs and that is what the doctor wanted. The nutritionist gave her some good information and what I like is that the nutritionist told her not to count calories or even think about it but to eat in a way (I don't remember the diagram but about 50% non starchy veggies, 25% fat/protein and 25% unprocessed grains/starchy veggies and this 25% is by the portion of food on the plate.) My daughter tried it for a meal yesterday and said it seemed to work, she didn't over eat and was satisfied. We also both have food intolerances. It appears my daughter is getting some cross contamination of wheat/gluten at her dad's house. She needs to be very careful in reading labels and such. She also *may* have a legitimate allergy to another food and may need to carry an epi pen. The blood work is at the lab. Nutritionist is also wanting daughter to keep a journal of what foods are eaten and results (mood/bloat/energy/etc) without any judgement, just curiosity.

While she was going through this process of relearning to listen to her body (still in process) and be ok with putting on a pound or two of weight I didn't log. I just tried listening to my body etc. I did have a few big food days (holiday) but I'm holding steady on the weight I've lost. As I am within 4 - 5 pounds of my goal and as I am at a healthy weight I am happy with even a very slow downward trend - a pound every month or two is fine. Daughter is traveling for a little while so I'm logging again and may be more careful to maintain a deficit.

Edited to take out a few details.

Great news about your daughter. Thanks for updating!
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    ythannah wrote: »
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

I break mine in half when cooking, so shorter pieces!!
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Confession: I"m thinking of taking a break from logging and just being active and mindful of my eating. I'm just tired of always thinking about food and worrying about food. I'm just tired of agonizing over every little stupid calorie.

I hope it works. I've actually starting to lose steam for MFP. I only come to this thread and the Ice Cream/Gelato group page. I was active on the other forums and reading the blog, now I just don't even want to bother.

I've thought about doing that too. I lost 50lbs on my own before I ever found MFP. I know weighing and logging food is a helpful tool and it works (when you stick to it) but I find myself getting more and more obsessed with it again. Going over my calories leaves me feeling like a failure, which sometimes leads to binging because of the "I blew it" mentality. So then I feel bad that I ate, so I eat some more because I feel bad or like a failure, then again I eat some more and feel bad about that, repeat cycle. I want to lose weight and be happy and healthy, not see my life as being in the RED or the GREEN and hopefully get to a place where some number on a stupid scale doesn't matter. I feel like I need to fix the emotional me and hopefully the physical me will fall into place too.

I am trying to not worry about the scale anymore either. I was 153 pounds & had a few binges & now I'm about 156-157 depending on water weight. I figure I'll just weigh myself on Mondays & then the rest of the time try to go by how my clothes fit.

I wish MFP would have an option to deselect the red all together since not everyone goes by daily calories. I have started to eat around 1740 & then netting around 1900-2000 by eating some of my Fitbit exercise calories & leaving the rest to eat on both of my days off.

I actually prefer to weigh on Wed-Thurs because that's when I tend to be my usual self after shaking off any weekend anomalies.

I tried a new butter chicken recipe tonight.... Wow it was delicious!! So delicious I had two bowls with rice, 1600cal total, just for dinner :/

Hey as long as it fits in your calories & even if it doesn't enjoy that food:D. There are a lot of people who only eat one meal or save a lot for a larger dinner.

I've been saving a lot of my calories for afternoon snacks, dinner, & later snacks.

This is me to a T at work. M-F I don't eat anything for breakfast. I eat a light snack at 10am, a bowl of soup around 1pm and that's it until dinnertime where I can have a huge FILLING meal that keeps me full the rest of the night and keeps me from grazing when I am at my weakest point in the day.
  • smashley_mashley
    smashley_mashley Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    jennlandau wrote: »
    jennlandau wrote: »
    I am afraid that I will always be this big. I have 100+ pounds to lose. I see what others have done to do so (eat Clean, train to run marathons, make food plans & control of food their whole life) and I don't really want those measures but I am not happy with my current weight either. I exercise 2 to 4 times a week doing things with a higher intensity (LaBlast, Pound, Zumba, Kettle Bell AMPD, Salsa Dancing) and can keep up pretty good, especially for my size. My stamina and strength have definitely improved over the last year. No movement on the scale but I am down a pant size, one to 2 dress sizes. In addition, many of the clothes that I own still fit but are now too long, I guess because there is less holding them up (I am really short too!).

I know that food journaling, watching fat grams, exercise & stress management are the keys for me. I know that I need to work harder on all of that, especially the food journaling, but what if even with the work this is as good as it gets? What if I will never be under 200 pounds? What if I am forever a plus size with all of the shaming and weight bias that that entails?

That is my true fear for the future :(

you'll get there. You will have ups (which suck and tend to happen at least once per month) and you will have downs (which are awesome). I find routine can help. For me, I tend to eat the same thing for breakfast every day. Prior to my surgery to weeks ago I would have a slice of toast with White Chocolate Wonderful and an apple; for lunch, left overs from dinner that were pre-weighed/measured (but the two weeks leading up to my surgery I wasn't eating lunch at all...that's another story). Now that I can eat dairy again, I will go back to having yogurt and granola with an apple for breakfast and my pre-surgery breakfast of a slice of toast with White Chocloate wonderful and an apple will be moved to lunch and the apple with be subbed with a different fruit or veg. I leave dinners open for variety during the week - weekends are also not pre-planned. I find consistency helps. You just need to find what works for you.
    Thank you. That's doesn't sound as unappealing as never eating imported pasta from Italy because it isn't 'clean'. I guess I just need to get back on the horse and try.
    I don't give two cr@ps about clean eating. There was a thread that was linked in this thread yesterday that was about 10-15 different definitions of "clean eating" (I am too lazy to go back and find it). There would be no way to sustain what I've lost so far if I restricted myself to no end. I make a point of keeping enough calories for dessert almost every day b/c I like sweet things (I love to bake and just the other day I made donuts and then I stocked up on chocolate because will be making some red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting in the near future).

This thread can be a bit dangerous because we LOVE talking about all the food we love to eat and would love to try (an have tried) and often you will find people suggesting treats you never heard of and then will have to go online to find and buy just to see if it is worth it (I.e. the White Chocolate Wonderful, all the different pop tart varieties, all the different Oreo varieties, etc).

Just don't beat yourself up when you have a bad meal/day or if the scale goes up one week and down the next. I think this is the hardest part b/c we are hardest on ourselves. I have been at this for a year and have lost & kept off 24-26 pounds with 18-20 pounds to go (all depending on the day). You CAN do this. And don't forget to celebrate all of your NSVs (those are the best!!):smiley:
  • smashley_mashley
    Options
    Nerdycurls wrote: »
    I am a huge emotional eater when I'm stressed. Left to my own devices, I could probably down a bunch of fries, Jimmy John's sandwiches, cake, chocolate and ice cream in one sitting. I think I HAVE downed an entire carton of ice cream in one sitting. Of course, I was crying at the time...

Looks like you guys have started a real chat but this is sort of my thing... I boredom eat,
    and like drinking too much. Its been a hard year for me since coming home from overseas. A lot of friends have moved on or away. Winter was rough. I'd go to the gym, but then bring home wine and polish a bag of chips. I still have this healthy sometimes, totally destructive other times thing. It makes no sense and I'm really ashamed. I just can't keep my will power for more than a few days. I leave on a big trip in a month still being overweight and I know its my fault. :( blah

welcome to the thread! I boredom eat all the time, yesterday was a terrible day. I reached my calorie limit and still had a donut hole (or two) from the ones I made the other day. As much as I hate to say it, I really need to go back to work (Monday) just to get back into a routine, keep busy, and so I don't eat my face off
  • kecmw25
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    Feeling like crap today. I had a bad night of emotional eating..estimated 2000 calories over my goal ( I tend to not measure/weigh foods when I binge). I've done way worse..some days up to 5000 over! Anyway, I woke up today with an extra 3 pounds of water weight. Still did my workout though..running 8 miles with that bloated feeling is NOT FUN, but I did it. I knew I had a binge coming on at some point because tomorrow marks the one year anniversary of my mom's death. Since that day last year, I have become a completely different person..I can't accept it, can't move on, can't find peace. I've become angry over little things and find comfort in eating. I gained 12 pounds because of it...would have been much worse if I didn't work out every day to counteract all the emotional eating/binges. I've been pretty good over the past two months..losing six of those extra pounds. I just need to get through today and tomorrow and really focus on finding a different way to deal with my emotions. I already feel like I'm going to give in again today though. :( Ugh! Sorry to be a downer.

So sorry about your mom. I don't have any advice but virtual (((hugs))).
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    My confession...I love sweets. Yeah, not unique I know. Earlier this week I ate 1/4 of a Boston cream cake and then a few hours late had a bowl of cookie crisp cereal. Must get these things OUT of my HOUSE. You know, without eating them first. lol
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    I am also pale and never tan! I just had to chime in and encourage all of the other fair skinned people to get checked by a dermatologist! Especially if you've had bad sunburns! Four years ago, at 27 years old, I noticed a tiny black dot on my arm. I went to the dermatologist and it was melanoma. My doctor said it would have been fatal in 5 years. Luckily it was caught early, and although I'm left with an ugly scar, it could have been much worse. I'm 31 now and religiously put on sunscreen every day and see my dermatologist twice a year. I don't want to scare anyone, just want everyone to be safe and healthy!!

That's certainly excellent advice, particularly considering the benchmarks I've always read for "suspicious" skin growths say "larger than a pencil eraser" and yours doesn't sound like it was.

I've been OCD about wearing sunscreen on my face 365 days a year for a few decades, and spf 50 or 60 on all exposed skin in the summer (okay, it's not like I have any exposed skin here in winter, lol) for about the past 10 years. I get really excited when I find the super high numbers like spf 80 or 100 in stores.

I do hate the way sunscreen looks on my skin, though. It seems like the only options are shiny/greasy or dry/chalky. I'm wearing a black linen crop jacket today that has white sunscreen rub-off smears on it already. I used to love one of the Banana Boat formulas for kids that promised "sand won't stick", it was great for gardening... of course they discontinued it. :/
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

I actually prefer to weigh on Wed-Thurs because that's when I tend to be my usual self after shaking off any weekend anomalies.

This is me to a T at work. M-F I don't eat anything for breakfast. I eat a light snack at 10am, a bowl of soup around 1pm and that's it until dinnertime where I can have a huge FILLING meal that keeps me full the rest of the night and keeps me from grazing when I am at my weakest point in the day.

I usually eat a Quest bar for breakfast
    Dannon plain yogurt with some kind of protein powder for a morning snack
    Lunch is usually some kind of Frozen meal, salad with different mix-ins, or tuna & rice with some kind of veggie
    Afternoon snack has either been a slice of bread or rice cake with peanut butter
    Dinner has been lately Cauliflower with Tuna & a salad dressing
    Later snack usually some kind of ice cream & Oreo cookies

I have been eating my dinner now anywhere from 9-10 at night.
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,365 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Food-related confession: I'm completely fed up with long pasta like spaghetti and linguine. Manual dexterity isn't my strong suit and I get so bored with twirling it into a manageable forkful, which seems to take me an extraordinary length of time, and I end up losing most of the sauce in the process so all I taste is the noodle. And there is usually some trailing end that I can't manage to train onto the fork that thwaps me in the chin anyway. I gave up ordering these types of noodles in restaurants long ago since I can't manage to eat them gracefully.

We had some leftover meat sauce and the SO made it with linguine last night (which obviously prompted this confession!). After the first couple of mouthfuls, I decided "screw it" and started hacking it up into smaller pieces with my knife. What the hell, I was in the privacy of my own home, who cares if I commit Pasta Sacrilege?

I used to do that! It also makes it easier to get the darned things underwater in the pot.

I stopped doing it because my ex was absolutely horrified by this practice and kinda shamed me into cooking them whole. Yeah, I should've told him to get off his *kitten* and cook it himself or STFU.

Maybe I'll make that suggestion to the SO (he's the cook).
  • smashley_mashley
    edited May 2015
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »

I second this.