Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.

Any summer programs you can put them in like vacation bible school or any programs at the YMCA or other local rec centers? Also, check with your county for summer programs. Some are very cheap or free. For sanity's sake, it's worth a shot. lol

They have 2 camps this year but it's at the end of July and mid August. Didn't want to spend a fortune. We're going in vacations in 10 days anyway. I just wish they would stop bickering.

Oh I see... well until then, might I suggest something like this? o:) j/k

cp39ri5fmjo9.jpg + 0qwgb81lygoz.png

Bahaha
  • WheyistheWay
    WheyistheWay Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    notwaitin wrote: »
    I had an affair on my diet this am. I was at the McDonald's drive thru and asked if they had cookies, nope but they could put some in for me...um hot out of the oven McDonald choc chip cookies...holy mother of words I can't describe. I've never had an affair but if its anything as hot and delish as that, I may have to rethink my lifestyle.

Haha, sadly most affairs lack chocolate. I'd be more forgiving of a lover having an affair if they gave me chocolate to be honest. Or bought me whey.
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju and @riderfangal - in case you didn't notice you two have exactly the same number of logging days - 240!

That's super great by the way!

Lol I never noticed and that is super great!!!
  • riderfangal
    Options
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @Italian_Buju and @riderfangal - in case you didn't notice you two have exactly the same number of logging days - 240!

That's super great by the way!

Yes I saw that! How awesome!

Yay us!! One more day til BB
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994, I admire you for your confession and your aversion to swear words. Personally, I don't swear much at all either in real life or in posts. Doesn't bother me if anyone else does. Just wanted to say that good relationships are based on open communication, so kudos to you for opening up a new dialogue that will hopefully only enrich and strengthen your relationships here!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.

Any summer programs you can put them in like vacation bible school or any programs at the YMCA or other local rec centers? Also, check with your county for summer programs. Some are very cheap or free. For sanity's sake, it's worth a shot. lol

They have 2 camps this year but it's at the end of July and mid August. Didn't want to spend a fortune. We're going in vacations in 10 days anyway. I just wish they would stop bickering.[/quote]

I know what you mean, but sometimes with siblings that IS their form of communication. I'm half Italian and bickering (generally loudly, all talking at the same time) is a normal form of family communication. My husband was quite shocked when he first encountered this, didn't understand it and still can't keep up, but everyone is different.
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    I still need to catch up but I wanted to vent on something.

No one probably remembers but I have talked about that guy who is on the phone at work all the time and everyone loves him even though he barely works...he just let me know he won some award so he is getting a plaque/prize at 10 today.

I'm like seriously...

I DO remember that guy! Goodness, what does he do, PAY people to like him? Yeah, well, if you are attending the "ceremony" give us all the gory details!

@spamarie I CANNOT believe you are still trying to get an appointment! That is just ridiculous. I think showing up in person, when it is convenient for you may be the way to go.
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    NOT going to read anything because I don't have time but here is old bathroom/kitchen and new bathroom kitchen (warning this will eat up this whole page...):n9zxhty31es6.jpgbsarymgtrgbh.jpg
    8zs2ghh9ojbu.jpg
    l5zzyro5zn1o.jpg
    1rw5p9mpurlo.jpg
    frq8k9948m0r.jpg
    m5ddx2gdmwow.jpg
    as4qppg9mnep.jpg
    kvslv1a66cxw.jpg

• Oberon21
    Options
    aw darn it lost the vanity (the best part) so one more:l53349e6g5hx.jpg
  • Oberon21
    Options
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

thanks for letting us know Susie. Its quite important because none of us would want to deliberately upset you.

I will endeavour to moderate my language, apologise in advance for any that slip through, and understand if you want to unfriend me - i won't take it personally :)

I am sorry... I did this in a message to you...I was just saying this AM that I need to stop swearing. So from now on...no more swearing in my feed or comments or messages. Susieq...you are making us better people!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    festerw wrote: »
    @BZAH10 the Jeep is an 03 it's starting to show it's age through the Great Lakes winters though, it got a new tailgate/fenders last year and needs a windshield frame this year as well as some rust repair on the tub. That's part of the reason I picked up a 98 Cherokee to drive in the winter so it can take the salt abuse.

As for Fester, it came from my days in the high school marching band. I was in the drumline where everyone got a nickname and mine just stuck around.

Lastly for fun I noticed this train wreck on the front page, post 3 it starts going downhill.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10193826/help-out-of-breath-when-excersising/p1

Thanks for all the info! Also, I'm OBSESSED with marching band drum lines! Both of my sons were drummers in their school marching bands, both play guitar, and my youngest son has multiple drum sets in his basement. I've been to live shows that are JUST drumlines. So cool.

I LOVE drum lines too, they are so fun to watch especially if they're good!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ok have to get out of here before I get sucked in. I HATE missing all the daily commentary. Sigh.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I confess it really annoys me when an OP will ask a question, get a few answers, accept the answers yet other posters can't help themselves from adding their thoughts on the matter. She ALREADY SAID she now knows that green tea won't help with weight loss. Why keep telling her it won't. She gets it. Seriously - read to the end of the thread before commenting. It's only one flipping page.

I agree- I rarely ever comment without reading the whole forum. Why beat a dead horse? Ridiculous!
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

and we have mixmode..I can't remember the correct way to spell it with numbers and such! :#

Isn't @m1xm0d3 a girl?

I thought he was the single dad cyclist...? Am I confusing/combining people?

Yes, he is the single dad cyclist.

I confess since he rarely talks about 'male things' (I am sure because of us) I think he is male as well. And I am SURE he will be thrilled we ever questioned it. We love you @m1xm0d3! Don't leave us!

This cracked me up... I will forever think of him as mixmode now!

I too hope he's not offended and leaves! I know he's busy at work, but I hope he appears again. Also, I "read" letters as numbers sometimes, so "mixmode" is exactly how I read it, also.

You got it! I am thick skinned so no I won't leave until something like graphic discussions on enemas starts becoming the norm around here or something.

Eeew I think I'd be leaving as well!

Ditto! @Lois_1989 I read your post a few pages back about the exercise and activity issues you have with your SO. It's great that you have each other and he's willing to be active! However, balance is important. Right now, I don't have any suggestions on that topic, but I'm wondering if you can spur your weight loss with you diet instead. Do you both eat the same things? Is he helpful and flexible as far as that goes? IF may work for you, but it seems to me that you are active enough, but maybe some food intolerances are causing issues? IDK. Just trying to help!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    NOT going to read anything because I don't have time but here is old bathroom/kitchen and new bathroom kitchen (warning this will eat up this whole page...):

That's gorgeous!!! Everything looks awesome, but I am especially in love with your bathroom tile.
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,410 Member
    Options
    @pofoster21 - I am so jealous right now, your bathroom is beautiful! I want one just like it!

• LBuehrle8
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    This is not a confession and I don't care because I'm SUPER excited - my passport came in the mail today woo hoo!!!!

(For those unaware I've never left the country and I'm headed to London in August!!)

I thought you had been there before. So, your boyfriend has always come here? How long have you been dating? Not trying to be nosy, just curious!

@kellienw335 It's okay lots of people have questions when I tell them my boyfriend lives in the UK and I live here! Haha I would too if someone told me that!

No I've never been there before! We met online last August (not even looking I was just bored) and really hit it off and became "penpals" of sort. So we've been dating for about 8 months now? But we don't really go by that since we've only spent one month of time together :) It's hard and it's out of the ordinary I get that but- we just work you know?
  • tulips_and_tea
    Options
    @pofoster21 I LOVE the back splash in the kitchen, the evil mug in the coffee maker, the light fixture over the cute little table set, the tile work in the bathroom and the vanity. So, EVERYTHING! Yes, I love everything about it. Thanks for sharing!
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Update: I finally got through to the right person at the hospital and I have an appointment booked! I even got it brought forward a week by acting extra pathetic and hormonal. I feel better now...
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @pofoster21 your kitchen, dining room, and bathroom all look beautiful! You obviously have great taste! :) Gorgeous! I bet you're so excited!