Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    Just dropping by to say that there's a german word that means the extra weight gained from emotional eating, and it literally means "grief bacon." I love german.

I think that's possibly the most appropriate translation of a phrase I've ever heard haha
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    @KrisiAnnH, good luck on the job interview and I LOVE your hair color!

@MoHousdon that is one awesome truck - thanks for the pictures!

I think this every time she posts. Thanks for saying it for me. :smile:

You're welcome for the pictures. It is a pretty sweet ride.

Aww thank you so much that's made my day! :) It's faded a bit now but I'm dying it brighter in the hopes I stand out in the interview and they'll remember me ;) haha

@kelly_c_77 @spacequiztime @Tubbs216 @LBuehrle8 Awh thanks everyone! Haven't had a job interview in about a year, but I'm going to keep thinking of this thread and the super great shark while I'm there to get rid of nerves, haha
    :wink: @lbuehler89 And only a few months to go!

My only experience with unfrosted Pop Tarts comes from when I was younger. Frosted strawberry was the only flavor she'd buy because the others were too "unhealthy". Her restrictions completely turned me off strawberry Pop Tarts all together. I do want to try brown sugar cinnamon though.

I don't think I'm having any issues with the thread.

I really wish we had pop tarts over here in the UK! I mean we have the standard strawberry and chocolate I think, but because I live in an area that is about 20 years behind the rest of the country they're pretty hard to come by haha. Brown sugar cinnamon sounds so good!

We have the cinnamon & brown sugar in Oman, but not in Saudi. It's amazing. Probably my favorite flavor! I haven't tasted a huge amount of flavors myself, though--we only get untrusted strawberry and unfrosted blueberry here in Saudi, and about five or six different flavors in Oman. :)
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Confession: I get really really excited when I poop before breakfast.
    Omg yes this is me... I love pooping. I get so excited, feeling my tummy empty out. [...]
    Great first post! You managed to make Metamucil sound appetizing. Now I might have to try it.

Not only a great first post, but arguably one of the all-time greatest opening lines of any post... ever.

;)
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Just dropping by to say that there's a german word that means the extra weight gained from emotional eating, and it literally means "grief bacon." I love german.

I think that's possibly the most appropriate translation of a phrase I've ever heard haha

Aww thank you so much that's made my day! :) It's faded a bit now but I'm dying it brighter in the hopes I stand out in the interview and they'll remember me ;) haha

@kelly_c_77 @spacequiztime @Tubbs216 @LBuehrle8 Awh thanks everyone! Haven't had a job interview in about a year, but I'm going to keep thinking of this thread and the super great shark while I'm there to get rid of nerves, haha

My only experience with unfrosted Pop Tarts comes from when I was younger. Frosted strawberry was the only flavor she'd buy because the others were too "unhealthy". Her restrictions completely turned me off strawberry Pop Tarts all together. I do want to try brown sugar cinnamon though.

I really wish we had pop tarts over here in the UK! I mean we have the standard strawberry and chocolate I think, but because I live in an area that is about 20 years behind the rest of the country they're pretty hard to come by haha. Brown sugar cinnamon sounds so good!

Visit your biggest Tesco store and hunt down the 'World Foods' Isle. Today I saw s'more flavour, Oreo flavour and I may or may not have bought mixed berry flavour. I've also seen confetti flavour and double chocolate plus many other flavours. I also saw mint Oreos today and it took every effort not to buy them.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    Now I want bacon.
    I decided to just get another piece of cake. sh7zwrpx729c.gif

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    Kiddo and I are having pizza for dinner tonight. Hello, thin crust light sauce cheese pizza from Pizza Hut! I have 3 slices and a salad prelogged but we'll see how I feel lol.
  • girldownsouth
    girldownsouth Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    @FroggyBug I think understanding both sides and recognising your own faults in a relationship is good, and can help you to move on if that's what you choose to do, and in a way that doesn't leave you holding something over your partner indefinitely as was mentioned by someone else.

However, I really don't think you are the problem in your relationship from everything you've said. You seem awesome and he doesn't seem to appreciate that.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Quit holding out.... we need some photos! Seriously wanna see this ride. And please tell me it has at least a 350ci in it. :smiley:

Here ya go. This is from a car show my church sponsored.
    10xxr202ducb.jpg

This is a better shot of the ghost flames.
    htuzt47ltk71.jpg

It has a 305 in it. It had an 8 cylinder in it, but he swapped it out to improve gas mileage since it's his daily driver. He also has a 73 that has a 454 in it, but he doesn't drive it.

That's a great looking truck, if I didn't live 25 miles from work or gas was cheap again I'd totally buy a 50's era Dodge Power Wagon to commute. Love the old iron, pretty sure I was born 3 decades too late.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    At times I want to start an Anti- Starvation Mode thread. Just to explain why it is false. Why, from an evolutionary standpoint, it makes no sense. Why, if it were true, none of us would be here because our starving yet chubby, muscle-less ancestors would not have been able to find, catch/kill or pick the food when it suddenly became available again. They all would have been sitting around the fire looking at the cave paintings, complaining about their fat thighs and wishing they had the strength to stand until they died.

End of Rant.

Do it, do it, do it! Maybe post it on Friday!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options
    ohgeeque wrote: »
    At times I want to start an Anti- Starvation Mode thread. Just to explain why it is false. Why, from an evolutionary standpoint, it makes no sense. Why, if it were true, none of us would be here because our starving yet chubby, muscle-less ancestors would not have been able to find, catch/kill or pick the food when it suddenly became available again. They all would have been sitting around the fire looking at the cave paintings, complaining about their fat thighs and wishing they had the strength to stand until they died.

End of Rant.

Do it, do it, do it! Maybe post it on Friday!

This for sure!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

I confess I might be a lot like your mom.

THANK YOU! Not to be mean to @KylerJaye at ALL, but I seriously lack empathy. My youngest son is a drama queen, so if you ask him I'm the worst person EVER. He over-dramatizes everything and I'm more of the "suck it up, buttercup!" kind of mom. His dad would take him to the ER when he was little over a bloody nose and I, on the other hand, when he called me in the middle of the night after totaling his truck told him to just drive home. :( In my defense, I'm completely out of it if I'm woken up abruptly and incoherent. Of course, I woke up more and realized what happened and went and got him, but yeah, that's what he's had to deal with. Sorry, child!

My husband has serious back issues at times, but is also a wimp when it comes to pain. One time he needed me to help him out of bed and called me into the bedroom FOUR separate times saying he was going to get up, but then couldn't do it. Finally, I told him, "It's like ripping off a Band-Aid - just get up already!" Epic lack of empathy.

OMG, me too. My husband is a worst case scenario expert so every sniffle most certainly means ebola. He was pretty sure my insect bite was Rocky Mountain Spotted fever, too. :p It's exhausting. I just roll my eyes as discreetly as I can and tell him to go to the doctor.

My sister's house has a bunch of these bugs that look like Ticks that are called Weevils. They said in PA that we're one of the top states for tick screenings this season.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weevil
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Quit holding out.... we need some photos! Seriously wanna see this ride. And please tell me it has at least a 350ci in it. :smiley:

Here ya go. This is from a car show my church sponsored.
    10xxr202ducb.jpg

This is a better shot of the ghost flames.
    htuzt47ltk71.jpg

It has a 305 in it. It had an 8 cylinder in it, but he swapped it out to improve gas mileage since it's his daily driver. He also has a 73 that has a 454 in it, but he doesn't drive it.

Saweeeet!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

:( What is your current routine? Have you thought of changing it up to do some Crossfit or weight training, cycling <3.... or anything HIIT to really kick it up a notch?

Also, I would seriously consider taking measurements and use that as a base for comparison rather than a number on the scale. Heck I don't even measure. Once every 2 weeks I gauge myself by trying on clothes I know are too small. Regardless what action you take, good luck. :)

Uh, training is

Sunday - 60min swimming
    Monday - strong lifts at lunch & 30min jog/walk
    Tuesday - 45 min swimming
    Wednesday - strong lifts & jog/walk
    Thursday - 45min swimming
    Friday - strong lifts & jog/walk
    Saturday - maybe a jog/walk if I feel like it.

I do measure, but every 100 days. I'm due one in 30days lol I find it disappointing if it is any sooner

Edit: my jog/walk is after work, before dinner. Not straight after strong lifts. I think I would die if it was straight after

Well hmmmm... that's certainly a strong routine. what's your daily net calorie intake?
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

Visit your biggest Tesco store and hunt down the 'World Foods' Isle. Today I saw s'more flavour, Oreo flavour and I may or may not have bought mixed berry flavour. I've also seen confetti flavour and double chocolate plus many other flavours. I also saw mint Oreos today and it took every effort not to buy them.

Oooh mint oreos sound amazing! Yeah we don't really do 'big' supermarkets in Cornwall, or at least not near me haha. We have 2 Tescos within walking distance but they're both metro/express, I know they have some pop tarts though so maybe I'll be in luck and they'll expand their options!

We have the cinnamon & brown sugar in Oman, but not in Saudi. It's amazing. Probably my favorite flavor! I haven't tasted a huge amount of flavors myself, though--we only get untrusted strawberry and unfrosted blueberry here in Saudi, and about five or six different flavors in Oman. :)

I've only ever had the strawberry ones I think, and there's no unfrosted options near me haha. It's probably for the best we dont have much choice though, I'm not sure my calorie allowance could take my sweet tooth if we had pop tarts in the house!
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

If you have a b&m near you, they have all sorts of flavour poptarts. I may have tried some

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Thank you to everyone who responded so kindly. I was really scared to check back after posting that. I was literally trembling and shaky after posting it and when I came back to see the new posts.

@Lois_1989 Yup, pretty much. PG rating scale, you could say. It is a no-no to swear in Islam, but my personal phobia has nothing to do with that and everything to do with my home life growing up, unfortunately. I can't even read most books because of it, even though I love to read. I end up reading a lot more of Enid Blyton than you might expect from someone my age. :-/
    @Francl27 I confess that I deleted you a while back for that exact reason, so I'm really glad you aren't offended.
    @Glinda1971 For some reason you struck me that way, and I wasn't particularly anxious when accepting your friend request--I'm not sure why.

I confess... I feel a lot better now.

I admit my nerves get shot a lot of Wal-Mart when I am at Service Desk & people are either yelling at me or yelling at another associate about something trivial.
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    FUNKY CONFESSION:

Earlier today, after scrolling to the end of an online news article, there was an ad for a medication I'd never heard of... and one which I wouldn't be paying attention to... except -- immediately prior to closing the browser window, my eyes happened to catch a glimpse of a few of the words from the ad... and... once again, an inadvertent 'misread' was actioned by my mind... ;)

...and thus...

...a risk of "hemiplegic migraine or basilar migraine..." suddenly became (albeit, courtesy of my mind misreading the barely viewed text) 'hemiplegic migraine or ballsier migraine" (?!) -- and then some goofy part of my brain began 'responding' to the preposterousness of such (after I initially heard the words "what?!" and "*no one* would say that in a drug's 'warning' text!" fly through my mind)... and I suddenly found myself thought-'saying', "...ballsier migraine?! -- wth could be 'ballsier' than a frickin' hemiplegic migraine -- ?!! -- what with its involving stroke-like symptoms that can include paralysis for weeks -- ?!!!"... and after the split-second 'misread', and knowing that the word *had* to have been something else entirely, I subsequently learned (in conjunction with a quick search) what a basilar migraine was...

...and so... should my newfound knowledge of basilar migraine happen to ever come in handy, and result in someone wondering where or why I'd learned about such... I can now tell them (and truthfully!) that I learned about basilar migraine due to my knowing that "ballsier migraine" could not possibly be a legitimate clinical term...(!) ;)
  • pearso21123
    pearso21123 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Great first post! You managed to make Metamucil sound appetizing. Now I might have to try it.
    Absolutely not judging here, but chasing with a glass of water would probably be a good idea to avoid a blockage!

Oh, yeah, water. Good idea.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.

Any summer programs you can put them in like vacation bible school or any programs at the YMCA or other local rec centers? Also, check with your county for summer programs. Some are very cheap or free. For sanity's sake, it's worth a shot. lol

They have 2 camps this year but it's at the end of July and mid August. Didn't want to spend a fortune. We're going in vacations in 10 days anyway. I just wish they would stop bickering.

Oh I see... well until then, might I suggest something like this? o:) j/k

cp39ri5fmjo9.jpg + 0qwgb81lygoz.png

Or this LMAO!

468a958c656c6e2c0e8745460546bb57.jpg
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

:( What is your current routine? Have you thought of changing it up to do some Crossfit or weight training, cycling <3.... or anything HIIT to really kick it up a notch?

Also, I would seriously consider taking measurements and use that as a base for comparison rather than a number on the scale. Heck I don't even measure. Once every 2 weeks I gauge myself by trying on clothes I know are too small. Regardless what action you take, good luck. :)

Uh, training is

Sunday - 60min swimming
    Monday - strong lifts at lunch & 30min jog/walk
    Tuesday - 45 min swimming
    Wednesday - strong lifts & jog/walk
    Thursday - 45min swimming
    Friday - strong lifts & jog/walk
    Saturday - maybe a jog/walk if I feel like it.

I do measure, but every 100 days. I'm due one in 30days lol I find it disappointing if it is any sooner

Edit: my jog/walk is after work, before dinner. Not straight after strong lifts. I think I would die if it was straight after

Well hmmmm... that's certainly a strong routine. what's your daily net calorie intake?

*cough* not good *cough*

kwoentjf594i.jpg

Can't bring myself. To eat the majority of my hard work back.
    Although confession time, I don't log my protein shake after stronglifts.

Edit: and I think my pedometer gives me more calories than I deserve, for example today it has given me 471 calories, but in reality it was only about 200 calories for my swim
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    notwaitin wrote: »
    I had an affair on my diet this am. I was at the McDonald's drive thru and asked if they had cookies, nope but they could put some in for me...um hot out of the oven McDonald choc chip cookies...holy mother of words I can't describe. I've never had an affair but if its anything as hot and delish as that, I may have to rethink my lifestyle.

I never knew McDonalds had cookies.