Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

:( What is your current routine? Have you thought of changing it up to do some Crossfit or weight training, cycling <3.... or anything HIIT to really kick it up a notch?

Also, I would seriously consider taking measurements and use that as a base for comparison rather than a number on the scale. Heck I don't even measure. Once every 2 weeks I gauge myself by trying on clothes I know are too small. Regardless what action you take, good luck. :)

Uh, training is

Sunday - 60min swimming
    Monday - strong lifts at lunch & 30min jog/walk
    Tuesday - 45 min swimming
    Wednesday - strong lifts & jog/walk
    Thursday - 45min swimming
    Friday - strong lifts & jog/walk
    Saturday - maybe a jog/walk if I feel like it.

I do measure, but every 100 days. I'm due one in 30days lol I find it disappointing if it is any sooner

Edit: my jog/walk is after work, before dinner. Not straight after strong lifts. I think I would die if it was straight after
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    No sure if I should be proud or ashamed but I just ate my morning snack - melted mozz cheese on a plate! It made me think of this thread because I think that was something people shamefully confessed to eating at the very beginning of the thread, but I think it's a perfectly normal snack. I mean, people eat string cheese and have no issues with that as I snack, why should I be ashamed if I microwave it first? This made me think of other shamefully confessed foods that I also eat and have never thought twice about, like butter on saltines, or the oh so popular spoons of chocolate powder. I'm not sure if this means I have a good relationship with food, or if I have really strange ideas of snacks.

I love microwaved string cheese! Especially when part of it gets crunchy! Yum!

yes yes yes!

I eat a lot of string cheese and have never thought of microwaving it...now I will try it later today. How many seconds do you microwave it for?

I do it for about 30-45 seconds. Enough for it to be completely melted and the edges start to bubble a bit.

For reference, this is how "done" I like it to be. Sprinkle a little coarse salt on top...heaven. d05rsjtbvn2v.jpg

So, was this string cheese? Or sliced or shredded? Looks yum!

This was a couple of slices off a small block. If it's actual string cheese I cut/rip it in quarters (once length-wise, once width-wise) and lay them down to make a little square on the plate pre-melting.
  • SoulOfRusalka
    SoulOfRusalka Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    Just dropping by to say that there's a german word that means the extra weight gained from emotional eating, and it literally means "grief bacon." I love german.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @Just_Ceci I want to thank you for suggesting the trial contacts. I am on my second round and I think they may work. The doctor ordered 2 more trials but I won't get those until after I get back from vacation. Also, I can't believe how thick the Toric lenses are. I was pretty proud of myself for being able to put them in and take them out without issue after no having had contacts for more than 5 years.

0ackcjupzgi1.gif
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

and we have mixmode..I can't remember the correct way to spell it with numbers and such! :#

Isn't @m1xm0d3 a girl?

I thought he was the single dad cyclist...? Am I confusing/combining people?

Yes, he is the single dad cyclist.

I confess since he rarely talks about 'male things' (I am sure because of us) I think he is male as well. And I am SURE he will be thrilled we ever questioned it. We love you @m1xm0d3! Don't leave us!

This cracked me up... I will forever think of him as mixmode now!

I too hope he's not offended and leaves! I know he's busy at work, but I hope he appears again. Also, I "read" letters as numbers sometimes, so "mixmode" is exactly how I read it, also.

You got it! I am thick skinned so no I won't leave until something like graphic discussions on enemas starts becoming the norm around here or something.

Eeew I think I'd be leaving as well!

Ditto! @Lois_1989 I read your post a few pages back about the exercise and activity issues you have with your SO. It's great that you have each other and he's willing to be active! However, balance is important. Right now, I don't have any suggestions on that topic, but I'm wondering if you can spur your weight loss with you diet instead. Do you both eat the same things? Is he helpful and flexible as far as that goes? IF may work for you, but it seems to me that you are active enough, but maybe some food intolerances are causing issues? IDK. Just trying to help!

I have been thinking the same thing recently, but I wasn't sure if something like that would affect weight loss?
    Oh, my SO is very difficult to cater for. Don't get me wrong, he has improved greatly in the last 7 years, but there is no way in God's green earth I will get him to eat a salad. Or chicken. Or fruit. Or fish. Generally there will have to be some sort of sauce involved. He is willing to try bless him, particularly in the last year or so because I've been getting upset about it.

I'm not going to promote a certain way of eating or anything, but I've been tested for intolerances, tested negatively, but STILL feel better when I eliminate them from my diet. After a huge dietary overhaul about 3 years ago I feel like a new person and my entire shape has changed (along with lifting).

It's trial and error. Sticking with something long enough to see if it actually works is the hard part.

And, other than fruit and vegetables, there are NO foods that my husband and I eat the same of. He's meat, potatoes, bread, tortillas, butter, cookies, cake, etc. I'm a pescatarian and it's been quite a transition, but we eat completely different meals. He's responsible for him; I'm responsible for me. I know that seems bad to some people and it doesn't work for everyone, but my personal health is more important than upholding a traditional role in marriage. Also, I DO cook for him. He buys the food and lets me know what he wants and I make it. I also still make large family dinners.

(tried to do spell check on "pescatarian" and it tried to change it to "caesarian")

Oh I'm pretty sure that would be a bad move. He will probably live off cereal, beans on toast and take away.
    We don't have our own kitchen unfortunately. We live with his mum and sister so food storage and food prep is very limited. It sucks.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Hey no worries @WestCoastJo82 its a phobia that Glinda has pretty bad I think I just didn't want her to see it and freak out :)
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    :wink: @lbuehler89 And only a few months to go!

My only experience with unfrosted Pop Tarts comes from when I was younger. Frosted strawberry was the only flavor she'd buy because the others were too "unhealthy". Her restrictions completely turned me off strawberry Pop Tarts all together. I do want to try brown sugar cinnamon though.

I don't think I'm having any issues with the thread.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue with the thread. I'll report it to Olivia.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

and we have mixmode..I can't remember the correct way to spell it with numbers and such! :#

Isn't @m1xm0d3 a girl?

I confess since he rarely talks about 'male things' (I am sure because of us) I think he is male as well. And I am SURE he will be thrilled we ever questioned it. We love you @m1xm0d3! Don't leave us!

I too hope he's not offended and leaves! I know he's busy at work, but I hope he appears again. Also, I "read" letters as numbers sometimes, so "mixmode" is exactly how I read it, also.

You got it! I am thick skinned so no I won't leave until something like graphic discussions on enemas starts becoming the norm around here or something.

Ditto! @Lois_1989 I read your post a few pages back about the exercise and activity issues you have with your SO. It's great that you have each other and he's willing to be active! However, balance is important. Right now, I don't have any suggestions on that topic, but I'm wondering if you can spur your weight loss with you diet instead. Do you both eat the same things? Is he helpful and flexible as far as that goes? IF may work for you, but it seems to me that you are active enough, but maybe some food intolerances are causing issues? IDK. Just trying to help!

I have been thinking the same thing recently, but I wasn't sure if something like that would affect weight loss?
    Oh, my SO is very difficult to cater for. Don't get me wrong, he has improved greatly in the last 7 years, but there is no way in God's green earth I will get him to eat a salad. Or chicken. Or fruit. Or fish. Generally there will have to be some sort of sauce involved. He is willing to try bless him, particularly in the last year or so because I've been getting upset about it.

I'm not going to promote a certain way of eating or anything, but I've been tested for intolerances, tested negatively, but STILL feel better when I eliminate them from my diet. After a huge dietary overhaul about 3 years ago I feel like a new person and my entire shape has changed (along with lifting).

It's trial and error. Sticking with something long enough to see if it actually works is the hard part.

And, other than fruit and vegetables, there are NO foods that my husband and I eat the same of. He's meat, potatoes, bread, tortillas, butter, cookies, cake, etc. I'm a pescatarian and it's been quite a transition, but we eat completely different meals. He's responsible for him; I'm responsible for me. I know that seems bad to some people and it doesn't work for everyone, but my personal health is more important than upholding a traditional role in marriage. Also, I DO cook for him. He buys the food and lets me know what he wants and I make it. I also still make large family dinners.

(tried to do spell check on "pescatarian" and it tried to change it to "caesarian")

Oh I'm pretty sure that would be a bad move. He will probably live off cereal, beans on toast and take away.
    We don't have our own kitchen unfortunately. We live with his mum and sister so food storage and food prep is very limited. It sucks.

Oh, that's right. I remember now about the kitchen sharing thing. I'm very impressed by your workout routine! That's why IMHO you have the exercise part of it down. So the only other thing I could think of was dietary. Hope something works for you soon!
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    Just dropping by to say that there's a german word that means the extra weight gained from emotional eating, and it literally means "grief bacon." I love german.

That is great! I now see this becoming a term exclusive to our thread. Every time someone over eats and is unhappy about it: grief bacon. As in, "Why did I eat those cookies?! I had a grief bacon incident!"
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options

That is great! I now see this becoming a term exclusive to our thread. Every time someone over eats and is unhappy about it: grief bacon. As in, "Why did I eat those cookies?! I had a grief bacon incident!"
    Kummerspek and 9 other awesome German words:
    http://hellogiggles.com/10-fabulous-german-words-english-equivalent/
  • Lois_1989
    Options
    Ok the thread doesn't seem to go to the top again? This needs to be fixed ASAP.
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(

I find I don't like how it's styled, but once you wash it and style it yourself you might like it after all.

Yeah I went to the gym after and had a shower and it looks better now (sort of. My hair is always a mess).

Honestly I want to grow it but every time it gets past my shoulder I'm totally over it and end up getting it cut. Plus I get split ends like crazy.

Yeh! Glad it's getting better for you :)
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    I want some grief bacon but without the grief.
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »

Kummerspek and 9 other awesome German words:
    http://hellogiggles.com/10-fabulous-german-words-english-equivalent/
    <3
  • Just_Ceci
    Options
    Now I want bacon.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    @spernoud I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sound of Music dvd/soundtrack-I have an obession with musicals!

Me too! Although, confession: Sound of Music is one of my least favorites.

OMG I haaaate musicals. Once the actor starts singing his dialogue, I am out! Zero tolerance.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    My confession? I'm a poptart-aholic...Love those badboys, especially the vanilla fudge ones <3

I can't get past the overly dry & bland tasting edge!
  • KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options

I think that's possibly the most appropriate translation of a phrase I've ever heard haha
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    @KrisiAnnH, good luck on the job interview and I LOVE your hair color!

@MoHousdon that is one awesome truck - thanks for the pictures!

I think this every time she posts. Thanks for saying it for me. :smile:

You're welcome for the pictures. It is a pretty sweet ride.

Aww thank you so much that's made my day! :) It's faded a bit now but I'm dying it brighter in the hopes I stand out in the interview and they'll remember me ;) haha

@kelly_c_77 @spacequiztime @Tubbs216 @LBuehrle8 Awh thanks everyone! Haven't had a job interview in about a year, but I'm going to keep thinking of this thread and the super great shark while I'm there to get rid of nerves, haha
    :wink: @lbuehler89 And only a few months to go!

My only experience with unfrosted Pop Tarts comes from when I was younger. Frosted strawberry was the only flavor she'd buy because the others were too "unhealthy". Her restrictions completely turned me off strawberry Pop Tarts all together. I do want to try brown sugar cinnamon though.

I don't think I'm having any issues with the thread.

I really wish we had pop tarts over here in the UK! I mean we have the standard strawberry and chocolate I think, but because I live in an area that is about 20 years behind the rest of the country they're pretty hard to come by haha. Brown sugar cinnamon sounds so good!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    London is on my bucket list.

Someday.
    @Glinda1971 don't look at @WestCoastJo82 picture! I could look at it but it still gave me that upset feeling in the pit of my stomach :/

Thanks!! I won't.
  • Lois_1989
    Options

Isn't @m1xm0d3 a girl?

Oh, that's right. I remember now about the kitchen sharing thing. I'm very impressed by your workout routine! That's why IMHO you have the exercise part of it down. So the only other thing I could think of was dietary. Hope something works for you soon!

Why thank you! I am trying my hardest. I don't think I've ever tried this hard at weight loss before. My dad said I look slimmer today when it was brought up, but my brain just computes this as encouragement not truth. Terrible I know, I'm not good at compliments.