Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @spernoud I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Sound of Music dvd/soundtrack-I have an obession with musicals!

Me too! Although, confession: Sound of Music is one of my least favorites.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(

Sorry you don't like your new do. Usually after I get mine cut it takes a few days before I like it so hopefully it will grow on you :)

I hope so too @francl27! I agree, I usually don't like it the first couple days but then it'll grow on me!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @Tubbs216 do you ever get homesick? How often do y'all go back to visit?
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    My confession? I'm a poptart-aholic...Love those badboys, especially the vanilla fudge ones <3
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I love microwaved string cheese! Especially when part of it gets crunchy! Yum!

I eat string cheese every day and I've never even thought to do this. Guess what I'm doing when I go home!

• KrisiAnnH
    KrisiAnnH Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    @Susieq_1994 Sorry I'm a bit late on this, but I've just caught up and saw your confession, it must be such a tricky thing to deal with and I'm sorry if anything I've ever said has triggered you. I'll try and tone down my language and be more considerate in the future :)

Confession wise:(although not really a confession haha) I'm feeling very positive today! I'm over 1/4 of the way towards my first goal and a month into using MFP. And today I had a call back for a job interview! I've been looking for over a month and not heard back from anyone, so I'm pretty happy to just be offered an interview even if it is just for the summer before I go back to uni.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

I eat string cheese every day and I've never even thought to do this. Guess what I'm doing when I go home!

You have to pull it apart! Don't just microwave the stick whole!

See @WestCoastJo82! Not weird at all!
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

I am so trying this!!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    @LBuehrle8 I love em too. My favorite are the Ore.. I mean cookies and creme flavor.<3

@KrisiAnnH Great job on both fronts!

I went the London while I was in high school and even being super out of shape, I had a blast. I never don't think I ever got a chance to eat fish and chips though. :disappointed:

Are you going to check out the Globe Theater @lbuehler89 ?
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    @Tubbs216 do you ever get homesick? How often do y'all go back to visit?
    Not homesick, because that's usually for people, and all my family are here. My FIL is 91 and still lives there. My MIL passed away last year so we worry about him by himself but he's a remarkable man - very independent. He came to visit last year and we get back every couple of years. My husband goes more often and will usually take a kid with him.

I do miss things, but not anywhere enough to move back. It's more things that I look forward to and enjoy when we're there. I love old stuff; old architecture and culture that gets taken for granted in Europe but is rare and special here. There are enough things that I don't miss to make it worth it! You're going to have such a great time!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm totally slacking today and feeling pretty guilty about it. I did go to the gym and have a good workout, but I haven't done anything remotely constructive since. Would love to go out, but it's 90 and humid and we have big thunderstorms on the way, so there goes that.

Also want to read my book but my kids are watching Netflix and my favorite character got killed off, so it kinda dampened my mood a little (don't you just hate when that happens?).

But 11 days to my vacation...
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    KrisiAnnH wrote: »
    @Susieq_1994 Sorry I'm a bit late on this, but I've just caught up and saw your confession, it must be such a tricky thing to deal with and I'm sorry if anything I've ever said has triggered you. I'll try and tone down my language and be more considerate in the future :)

Confession wise:(although not really a confession haha) I'm feeling very positive today! I'm over 1/4 of the way towards my first goal and a month into using MFP. And today I had a call back for a job interview! I've been looking for over a month and not heard back from anyone, so I'm pretty happy to just be offered an interview even if it is just for the summer before I go back to uni.
    Good news! Good luck with the interview.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.
    Ack - this makes me so incredibly sad! I wish we could screen people prior to them having pets.
    I just wish it were harder for people to get pets. I get depressed just thinking of all the pets the oldest sibling in our family owned... and the dog she has now :disappointed:

The original picture is very cute @peleroja !

in my area it is much much harder to adopt a pet from a shelter than to just buy one at a pet store...or craigslist. and i find that so distressing. yes, i completely understand the reasoning, i want the pets to go to loving awesome homes...but after the three non-relative references, the vet reference, house visit and evaluation, and interview....ya start to want to go down the easier path. as well, some of the fees different organizations charge are obnoxious. i get that they're trying to cover their costs and help other animals, but i don't think a $350 adoption fee (what i paid to adopt Plankton) is very reasonable. the whole situation just makes me sad :(
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one - I love this snack!
  • Francl27
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.
    Ack - this makes me so incredibly sad! I wish we could screen people prior to them having pets.
    I just wish it were harder for people to get pets. I get depressed just thinking of all the pets the oldest sibling in our family owned... and the dog she has now :disappointed:

The original picture is very cute @peleroja !

in my area it is much much harder to adopt a pet from a shelter than to just buy one at a pet store...or craigslist. and i find that so distressing. yes, i completely understand the reasoning, i want the pets to go to loving awesome homes...but after the three non-relative references, the vet reference, house visit and evaluation, and interview....ya start to want to go down the easier path. as well, some of the fees different organizations charge are obnoxious. i get that they're trying to cover their costs and help other animals, but i don't think a $350 adoption fee (what i paid to adopt Plankton) is very reasonable. the whole situation just makes me sad :(

I know!!! So many people get turned off because they have an uneutered pet or don't have a fenced yard and whatnot... so ridiculous. So for the same cost they just go to a pet store or some random backyard breeder and get a puppy there... so they get money and breed more puppies... It's totally dumb.

I'm still not sure where I'll get my next pets from. I'll probably check shelters and rescues in the area first then we'll see. I know I won't go to a pet store or backyard breeder though... Our first dog was from a puppy mill and he had a lot of temperament issues.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    $350 dollars? I was driving through one of the rougher neighborhoods and saw someone selling puppies for $25. Something really needs to be done to address this, especially with the amount of aggressive strays and unleashed dogs I've encountered, but it is just a very sad situation.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Oh wow I totally missed this, thanks for posting @caitwn!
    Glad you like it! I think part of the issue with missing posts here isn't so much that the thread is busy (though that's part of it), but it's more that when folks respond, they tend to quote the ENTIRE POST they are replying to, including lengthy blocks of text and/or images and photos. It doesn't take long to burn through multiple pages that way, and bury other new posts in the process.
    Another issue on message boards like this one is when people respond with a separate post to every person they are replying to, rather than combining responses in a single post, with individual callouts like "@LBuerhle38, thanks for that feedback!", followed by individual call-outs to others you're replying to. Honestly, handling responses that way is an expectation on a lot of boards because it's considered to be courteous to other posters. I haven't really pushed the issue here because I know nobody is deliberately trying to bury new posts or to 'drown out' other posts with pages of repeated big photos/blocks of text. But it is maybe worth taking a second to think about before hitting that 'quote' + 'reply'

I try doing it that way but I’m usually so far behind that when I’m responding, no one seems to know what I’m responding to anymore if I don't quote something.

KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.
    then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

I hope you are okay. That sounds really scary. I'm not caught up so you probably answered this by now but did your car get badly damaged?

much to my shock and relief, there was very minimal damage. the front drivers fender is missing quite a bit of paint and there's all kinds of scratches, but no *real* damage. i was super lucky all around.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options

Yes! I'm glad I'm not the only one - I love this snack!

String cheese (and mini Babybel!) are my on-the-go snacks, so I've never thought about cooking it. I'm intrigued. But also lazy so... ;)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options
    @FroggyBug How are you doing?

Thanks for asking. I'm doing okay. I did a small update a few pages back but I think it was passed over. My boyfriend and I actually talked a lot on Sunday. I was able to ask a bunch of questions and I really do think he answered truthfully. He still wants to do counseling. We are kind of both taking some space too.

I think he is depressed too. His dad passed away a few years ago and he hasn't been the same since (no excuse though-he needs to deal with stuff). He is withdrawn, angry at the world and less patient. I think that is the biggest reason we are having issues really. I told him he needs to think about getting help for himself.

At least I slept better last night. :)

How are you doing?

I saw your update and responded, but it seems like even when I'm on here during the day I STILL miss posts! I think it's because every time I come back to the thread or refresh it it takes me to the last post, then I have to scroll back, and inevitably posts are missed.

Yea sorry. I'm still catching up so I saw that you responded (thanks-if I haven't said it before-I do appreciate it). :) I wasn't trying to make anyone feel bad. I just didn't see anything before that.

No worries at all! I just meant that I think this thread moves so fast and the going to the last post (instead of where I left off like it used to be) causes a lot of posts to be missed. Wish that didn't happen.
  • Francl27
    Options
    $350 dollars? I was driving through one of the rougher neighborhoods and saw someone selling puppies for $25. Something really needs to be done to address this, especially with the amount of aggressive strays and unleashed dogs I've encountered, but it is just a very sad situation.

Well it includes vaccinations and neutering typically, so it's not that horrible, when you think about it. It's just the process that sucks. The worst for me is recommendations. I mean, seriously, having to find people who say that I'm a good pet owner, it's a bit ridiculous.