Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.
    Ack - this makes me so incredibly sad! I wish we could screen people prior to them having pets.
    I just wish it were harder for people to get pets. I get depressed just thinking of all the pets the oldest sibling in our family owned... and the dog she has now :disappointed:

The original picture is very cute @peleroja !

in my area it is much much harder to adopt a pet from a shelter than to just buy one at a pet store...or craigslist. and i find that so distressing. yes, i completely understand the reasoning, i want the pets to go to loving awesome homes...but after the three non-relative references, the vet reference, house visit and evaluation, and interview....ya start to want to go down the easier path. as well, some of the fees different organizations charge are obnoxious. i get that they're trying to cover their costs and help other animals, but i don't think a $350 adoption fee (what i paid to adopt Plankton) is very reasonable. the whole situation just makes me sad :(

Well, that policy is about as backwards as it gets, isn't it? I agree with @spacequiztime that the entire procedure needs to be addressed and fixed, but I have no idea how that would happen.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    ok have to get out of here before I get sucked in. I HATE missing all the daily commentary. Sigh.

that is stunning!!!
    i can't remember if you said so or not, did you do the work yourself?
    if so, amazing! if not, excellent choice in contractors!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    No sure if I should be proud or ashamed but I just ate my morning snack - melted mozz cheese on a plate! It made me think of this thread because I think that was something people shamefully confessed to eating at the very beginning of the thread, but I think it's a perfectly normal snack. I mean, people eat string cheese and have no issues with that as I snack, why should I be ashamed if I microwave it first? This made me think of other shamefully confessed foods that I also eat and have never thought twice about, like butter on saltines, or the oh so popular spoons of chocolate powder. I'm not sure if this means I have a good relationship with food, or if I have really strange ideas of snacks.

I love microwaved string cheese! Especially when part of it gets crunchy! Yum!

yes yes yes!

I eat a lot of string cheese and have never thought of microwaving it...now I will try it later today. How many seconds do you microwave it for?
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Quit holding out.... we need some photos! Seriously wanna see this ride. And please tell me it has at least a 350ci in it. :smiley:

Here ya go. This is from a car show my church sponsored.
    10xxr202ducb.jpg

This is a better shot of the ghost flames.
    htuzt47ltk71.jpg

It has a 305 in it. It had an 8 cylinder in it, but he swapped it out to improve gas mileage since it's his daily driver. He also has a 73 that has a 454 in it, but he doesn't drive it.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @spacequiztime - I knew I liked you, those are the ones I was talking about! Couldn't remember their name now! And yes the Globe Theatre is definitely on the list! We're doing a 3 day London pass to save time and money on a lot of their largest attractions!

@tubbs216 That makes sense I thought you had more family over there. I agree I can't wait to see all the beautiful sights and I'm most excited for the history!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    @KrisiAnnH good luck at your interview! You'll do great!
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    No sure if I should be proud or ashamed but I just ate my morning snack - melted mozz cheese on a plate! It made me think of this thread because I think that was something people shamefully confessed to eating at the very beginning of the thread, but I think it's a perfectly normal snack. I mean, people eat string cheese and have no issues with that as I snack, why should I be ashamed if I microwave it first? This made me think of other shamefully confessed foods that I also eat and have never thought twice about, like butter on saltines, or the oh so popular spoons of chocolate powder. I'm not sure if this means I have a good relationship with food, or if I have really strange ideas of snacks.

yes yes yes!

I eat a lot of string cheese and have never thought of microwaving it...now I will try it later today. How many seconds do you microwave it for?

I do it for about 30-45 seconds. Enough for it to be completely melted and the edges start to bubble a bit.
  • LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    OMG, finally completely caught up! Work's been busy, and having a hard time keeping up with this fast-moving thread!

@Francl27 sorry that you didn't like your hair cut. Does your hair grow fast? Hopefully you won't be stuck with the haircut for too long.

@MoHousdon I'm so happy that your vacation is coming up fast, and your husband was so sweet to buy you the ring! I can't wait to see photos. Sorry that your stepdaughter hasn't come around yet... my sister and my father (divorced parents) had a falling out when she was in college, and they still haven't patched things up. She has come around to the point that she'll go out to dinner with him for Christmas now (she's 27 now), but that's about it. Family dynamics are really hard, especially for kids in split families, even when the parent with custody doesn't intentionally try to damage the relationship. My mom never said anything negative about him, but it's still been hard for them. And it's really tough for me to see them go through it now. I'm hoping that as she gets older, and maybe gets closer to having a family herself she'll come around more.
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.
    Ack - this makes me so incredibly sad! I wish we could screen people prior to them having pets.
    I just wish it were harder for people to get pets. I get depressed just thinking of all the pets the oldest sibling in our family owned... and the dog she has now :disappointed:

The original picture is very cute @peleroja !

in my area it is much much harder to adopt a pet from a shelter than to just buy one at a pet store...or craigslist. and i find that so distressing. yes, i completely understand the reasoning, i want the pets to go to loving awesome homes...but after the three non-relative references, the vet reference, house visit and evaluation, and interview....ya start to want to go down the easier path. as well, some of the fees different organizations charge are obnoxious. i get that they're trying to cover their costs and help other animals, but i don't think a $350 adoption fee (what i paid to adopt Plankton) is very reasonable. the whole situation just makes me sad :(

... In Oman we just walk into the vet clinic, look at the current animals up for adoption (they take in strays), and walk out with a cat. No fees, no screening, nothing. O.O

Editing to add... They're generally already vaccinated and fixed, too.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    @orangesmartie what was freerunning?

its urban running and jumping over obstacles, using them to jump onto/from. Wiki says: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freerunning clear as mud!

The place Jillian went to was an indoor arena and it looked pretty cool. There's probably youtube vids, but i can't look at them at work.

I think this is similar to parkour
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    @KrisiAnnH, good luck on the job interview and I LOVE your hair color!

@MoHousdon that is one awesome truck - thanks for the pictures!
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options

i don't know why, but when i read that i instantly thought about how i used to put butter on chicken nuggets! well actually, mrs. filbert's margarine. ooooh the memories....delicious delicious memories :)
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

Now for stepdaughter news.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

That is so sad, I am so sorry that you guys are going through this....

Did you do something about the cat? IMO you really need to get your house key from her too (I would take the car also, but like you said, that is more up to your husband).

Off topic, what does TL DR stand for?

I'm sure someone already answered this, but it stands for "too long; didn't read". In other words, to sum up an overly long post.

Not to keep beating a dead horse (sorry @pofoster21 ) but Mr. Mo messaged her last night and told her he needed to talk to her about her cat because we can't keep her anymore and that he HAS to have the money for her car tags by Thursday. Her response was "ok".

He told me ( I hope he sticks to it) that if she doesn't have the money to him by Thursday, we're taking the car. Apparently, he'd been thinking about that for a while, but I had no idea. When I see her, I will be asking for my key back. I got really upset last night (not angry) that she is putting in no effort to be a part of our family. It hurts my heart.

The "ok" would have done me in seriously

Yeah, he was pretty irritated by it.

• WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

yes yes yes!

I do it for about 30-45 seconds. Enough for it to be completely melted and the edges start to bubble a bit.

For reference, this is how "done" I like it to be. Sprinkle a little coarse salt on top...heaven. d05rsjtbvn2v.jpg
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(

Oh no! Is it too short? What happened?

It just doesn't look good on me. I don't like ponytails either so at some point the long hair has to go I guess. The main issue I think is that I think it makes my double chin (there's some loose skin in there) more noticeable.

Just bleh.

Sometimes seriously it's totally depressing to have done all that work and realize that I'll never like the way I look...

I'm going to guarantee you 100% that you are being overly critical of yourself (just like we all tend to do). If you posted a picture to show us (not that you need to, of course) I bet you look great! All fresh and sassy for summer.

I actually went outside to take some selfies and was looking at them and my first thought was 'who is this person?'. Second thought was that I look too much like my mom. Man I don't like selfies.

I feel that way too. That's why in the majority of my pictures on here, my face is blocked by my phone.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    Edited because I changed my mind.

Oops! I had already quoted you and then saw you change your mind. I deleted your comment from my quote. (although I saw nothing wrong with your post?)

Now, I wanna know what you said @kellienw335

• FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options

yes yes yes!

Awesome. Thanks!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Just read that Lindsey Lohan is applying for British citizenship- you can keep her ;)
  • MoHousdon
    Options

I love buttered saltines with chili. So good!

• Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    My confessions for the day- I am sitting at my desk in my corner cubicle with my pants unbuttoned because I ate entirely too much at the Indian buffet for lunch. (There may have also been chocolate cake had for 2nd breakfast this morning.)