Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    @Glinda1971 don't look at @WestCoastJo82 picture! I could look at it but it still gave me that upset feeling in the pit of my stomach :/
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    I'm back from VA! It was great. I am not checking the 1,664 new posts.

Confessions:

In public, I suck in to appear thinner than I really am. I never did this before I lost weight.

I would rather go deaf than listen to contemporary Christian music. It is awful and so boring. I had to endure it on my trip. Thank God for iPods.

What or who were you listening to? Christian music is ALL I listen to and I don't find it awful or boring at all. I will admit some of the songs aren't great, but for the most part, I really enjoy it. Everything from rap, to rock, to pop, to easy listening.

I'm not even Christian and I can enjoy some Skillet at the gym now and then. ;)

I just saw them at Winter Jam in March. They melted my face off. I'm still recovering. :smiley:

As a matter of fact, I have a Skillet song stuck in my head right now.

• bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    You guys (ladies?), I have something I need to confess to all of you (especially to all of those awesome people who added me as friends).

So, here's the thing: I wasn't ever planning to confess this in here, because I didn't want to offend anyone or make anyone feel guilty. A small part of me was also afraid that it would backfire and I would get taunted, but after knowing everyone for a while, I'm sure it wouldn't happen. I've honestly been sitting here in front of my screen for an hour, trying to get up the courage to confess this to everyone here, and as I type this I'm beginning to cry.

Basically, I have an extreme phobia of profanity of any kind--whether it's typed or verbally spoken. It triggers my anxiety and my FND in a really big way, and this is one of the reasons that sticking with this thread has been a huge challenge for me. I was able to stick with it mostly because of MFP's profanity filters--otherwise I would be long gone due to a level of anxiety that I really can't handle.

Now, this poses a problem for me. While I'm really, really happy to have all of you add me as friends, my MFP feed doesn't have the profanity filter that the forums have, and I need my feed to be "safe" for me. Lately I've been scared and anxious whenever I open MFP, for fear of what I might read on the feed.

I just wanted to tell all of you who have been so kind to add me, that while I don't expect you to filter what you post on your MFP, I really don't want you to be offended if I delete you for usage of profanity. It DOES NOT MEAN that I don't like you or that I don't want to be your friend--this is just an issue that I have a terrible, terrible fear of and really can't handle. I honestly contemplated making a second account to log my food so I wouldn't have to look at the feed on this one so I wouldn't end up deleting or alienating any one of you--I decided that it was best to bite the bullet and tell the truth.

Please don't be offended, because I truly don't mean to offend anyone. I'm sorry if I've made anyone feel bad or guilty or angry at me by this confession. :'( No judgement and all that, right?

I wonder why that is.....when you were a child did you get sworn at a lot? What does FND stand for?

To everyone: last night I asked what tldr meant but nobody answered, I wonder if the post got lost because I tend to mostly post after everyone is gone for the night......

FND= Functional Neurological Disorder
    TL DR= Too long didn't read.
  • bkhamill
    bkhamill Posts: 1,289 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession - it's not even 9am on the second day of Summer break and I already want to lock my kids in their rooms.

Any summer programs you can put them in like vacation bible school or any programs at the YMCA or other local rec centers? Also, check with your county for summer programs. Some are very cheap or free. For sanity's sake, it's worth a shot. lol

They have 2 camps this year but it's at the end of July and mid August. Didn't want to spend a fortune. We're going in vacations in 10 days anyway. I just wish they would stop bickering.

Check with a local library too, they have summer programs for kids a lot too.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    crosbylee wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.
    Ack - this makes me so incredibly sad! I wish we could screen people prior to them having pets.
    I just wish it were harder for people to get pets. I get depressed just thinking of all the pets the oldest sibling in our family owned... and the dog she has now :disappointed:

The original picture is very cute @peleroja !

in my area it is much much harder to adopt a pet from a shelter than to just buy one at a pet store...or craigslist. and i find that so distressing. yes, i completely understand the reasoning, i want the pets to go to loving awesome homes...but after the three non-relative references, the vet reference, house visit and evaluation, and interview....ya start to want to go down the easier path. as well, some of the fees different organizations charge are obnoxious. i get that they're trying to cover their costs and help other animals, but i don't think a $350 adoption fee (what i paid to adopt Plankton) is very reasonable. the whole situation just makes me sad :(

I know!!! So many people get turned off because they have an uneutered pet or don't have a fenced yard and whatnot... so ridiculous. So for the same cost they just go to a pet store or some random backyard breeder and get a puppy there... so they get money and breed more puppies... It's totally dumb.

I'm still not sure where I'll get my next pets from. I'll probably check shelters and rescues in the area first then we'll see. I know I won't go to a pet store or backyard breeder though... Our first dog was from a puppy mill and he had a lot of temperament issues.

it wasn't obvious until after i had him home, but i'm pretty sure that i got wolverine from a backyard type breeder. i saw the listing on craigslist, and thought it was an accidental litter that she was just trying to find a home for... but then the "rehoming fee" was $175 (half a plankton!), and she seemed really sketchy when i met her. and then i had to actually teach wolvie how to go up and down stairs. it took almost a month before he would attempt them on his own. strange....
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.They sound...not delicious.
    I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!
    That's why you have to toast them and slather them with butter. >:)

Yeah, cause that makes them so much "better"! ;)

Well, I'm the freak that likes the unfrosted strawberry ones so what do I know about things that taste good?! A toasted Pop Tart is far superior to an untoasted one for sure. I'm very stingy with my calories so I've only splurged and had them once. I still have a package sitting in my desk that I brought to work several months ago. Unopened.

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(

I find I don't like how it's styled, but once you wash it and style it yourself you might like it after all.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok the thread doesn't seem to go to the top again? This needs to be fixed ASAP.
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    I got a haircut. I was getting too hot and wanted to get shorter hair for this Summer.

And I don't like it at all. I guess it will grow back :(

I find I don't like how it's styled, but once you wash it and style it yourself you might like it after all.

Yeah I went to the gym after and had a shower and it looks better now (sort of. My hair is always a mess).

Honestly I want to grow it but every time it gets past my shoulder I'm totally over it and end up getting it cut. Plus I get split ends like crazy.
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    @Glinda1971 don't look at @WestCoastJo82 picture! I could look at it but it still gave me that upset feeling in the pit of my stomach :/

Really?!? Sorry :(
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,712 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    Caught up!

We went camping this weekend and I ate EVERYTHING (did you know you can roast Pillsbury cinnamon rolls over the fire in foil? Or that you can do pizza dough from scratch as long as it's warm enough to let it rise in the sun?)

We also had my friend's dogs with us and I was in tears laughing at them when we put their puppy life jackets on to swim in the river. They have little handles on the back so you can pick them up like a suitcase...

IMG_2966_zpsdxnjug3d.jpg

IMG_2965_zpsst2ebw8f.jpg

They look hilarious. And even better is that when you hold them over the water they just start paddling in the air. If you hold them up high, they paddle slowly, but the closer you put them to the water, the faster their little legs go. So freaking cute.

I have one of those jackets for my Mastiff. She loves to swim, sinks like a brick without it. On the plus side, i have my own trolling motor in the river when I am on the float. Attach the leash and let her swim!

Oh, so cute! Large dog, though, right? How big is your Mastiff? My youngest son has a Mastiff / Boxer mix and he's like 120 lbs. I think. He's a tank. I call him "Roadblock" because he will stop abruptly right in front of you and turn around to see if you're still there. Then I either fall over him or come to a complete stand still until he decides to move again. His other dog is an Australian Blue Heeler and she's a smarty-pants. Very mischievous and smart.

Yes, she is a large dog. She is actually small size for her breed and is about the size of your Mastiff/Boxer mix. I used to have an Australian Sheperd/ Heeler mix and loved that dog. Unfortunately he ended up with my ex who didn't take good care of him.
    Ack - this makes me so incredibly sad! I wish we could screen people prior to them having pets.
    I just wish it were harder for people to get pets. I get depressed just thinking of all the pets the oldest sibling in our family owned... and the dog she has now :disappointed:

The original picture is very cute @peleroja !

in my area it is much much harder to adopt a pet from a shelter than to just buy one at a pet store...or craigslist. and i find that so distressing. yes, i completely understand the reasoning, i want the pets to go to loving awesome homes...but after the three non-relative references, the vet reference, house visit and evaluation, and interview....ya start to want to go down the easier path. as well, some of the fees different organizations charge are obnoxious. i get that they're trying to cover their costs and help other animals, but i don't think a $350 adoption fee (what i paid to adopt Plankton) is very reasonable. the whole situation just makes me sad :(

I know!!! So many people get turned off because they have an uneutered pet or don't have a fenced yard and whatnot... so ridiculous. So for the same cost they just go to a pet store or some random backyard breeder and get a puppy there... so they get money and breed more puppies... It's totally dumb.

I'm still not sure where I'll get my next pets from. I'll probably check shelters and rescues in the area first then we'll see. I know I won't go to a pet store or backyard breeder though... Our first dog was from a puppy mill and he had a lot of temperament issues.

it wasn't obvious until after i had him home, but i'm pretty sure that i got wolverine from a backyard type breeder. i saw the listing on craigslist, and thought it was an accidental litter that she was just trying to find a home for... but then the "rehoming fee" was $175 (half a plankton!), and she seemed really sketchy when i met her. and then i had to actually teach wolvie how to go up and down stairs. it took almost a month before he would attempt them on his own. strange....

Oh, poor baby! Really glad you adopted wolvie and gave him a loving home!

@MoHousdon all @kellienw335 said was that she liked the kitchen, but then saw the other posts about it being too overwhelming of a color to be around every single day and she agreed (as did I).
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @KrisiAnnH, good luck on the job interview and I LOVE your hair color!

@MoHousdon that is one awesome truck - thanks for the pictures!

I think this every time she posts. Thanks for saying it for me. :smile:

You're welcome for the pictures. It is a pretty sweet ride.

• Francl27
    Options
    How do we contact mods about the thread not going up or updating with new posts?
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    @KrisiAnnH, awesome and good luck!
    @LBuehrle8, so excited for you getting your passport...one step closer to seeing your man! :)
    @Francl27, you should post a picture of your new haircut! I bet it looks better than you think!
    @MoHousdon, I really hope the talk with the stepdaughter goes well and you can put this whole mess to rest, find a nice home for the cat, and rest and relax before your (much needed) vacation!
    @FroggyBug, glad to hear that he is willing to get help...hopefully it all works out for you two. Fingers crossed.

Edited because I CAN NOT type!
  • Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,409 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Confession: I'm seriously considering the intermittent fasting diet. I'm clearly not getting anywhere with the old fashioned calorie counting and I'm actually getting quite desperate now. I want to book a doctors appointment but I think they will say the same thing as my mum "Why don't you join weight watchers or slimming world" Yea, I don't want to pay someone to watch me stand on a scale.

I'm also considering taking all the money I have saved for a deposit on a house and getting someone to just suck all the fat out of me.

It's all feeling very hopeless at the moment

So sorry this is still happening. WW never worked for me and we don't have SW here in the states, that I know of. It sounds like you're doing everything right, so thinking it would be a good idea to see the doctor again. Did they check your thyroid and vitamin D levels last time? (Hugs)

I don't think they checked vitamin D. Thyroid was all normal, blood sugar levels all normal and cholesterol was down to normal from last year. I recon I have stubborn fat cells. Makes sense, I'm stubborn by personality lol thank you for the hugs, I could do with a squeeze.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    No sure if I should be proud or ashamed but I just ate my morning snack - melted mozz cheese on a plate! It made me think of this thread because I think that was something people shamefully confessed to eating at the very beginning of the thread, but I think it's a perfectly normal snack. I mean, people eat string cheese and have no issues with that as I snack, why should I be ashamed if I microwave it first? This made me think of other shamefully confessed foods that I also eat and have never thought twice about, like butter on saltines, or the oh so popular spoons of chocolate powder. I'm not sure if this means I have a good relationship with food, or if I have really strange ideas of snacks.

I love microwaved string cheese! Especially when part of it gets crunchy! Yum!

yes yes yes!

I eat a lot of string cheese and have never thought of microwaving it...now I will try it later today. How many seconds do you microwave it for?

I do it for about 30-45 seconds. Enough for it to be completely melted and the edges start to bubble a bit.

For reference, this is how "done" I like it to be. Sprinkle a little coarse salt on top...heaven. d05rsjtbvn2v.jpg

So, was this string cheese? Or sliced or shredded? Looks yum!
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.They sound...not delicious.
    I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!
    That's why you have to toast them and slather them with butter. >:)

Yeah, cause that makes them so much "better"! ;)

Well, I'm the freak that likes the unfrosted strawberry ones so what do I know about things that taste good?! A toasted Pop Tart is far superior to an untoasted one for sure. I'm very stingy with my calories so I've only splurged and had them once. I still have a package sitting in my desk that I brought to work several months ago. Unopened.
    I only eat the unfrosted ones...but only because the frosting has gelatin (or at least it used to...haven't checked recently) and I don't eat gelatin!
    Our local grocery store has awesome generic ones that are apple cinnamon and they are awesome untoasted!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    How do we contact mods about the thread not going up or updating with new posts?

You can post about it here: Forum Feedback Thread

You might have better luck if you tag Olivia and include screen shots to show her what is going on.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

You might have better luck if you tag Olivia and include screen shots to show her what is going on.

Nobody else is having the issue? It's the same thing that happened a few weeks back for me... now the thread is almost on page 2 and it doesn't update in my favorite list anymore.
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    Just_Ceci wrote: »

Nobody else is having the issue? It's the same thing that happened a few weeks back for me... now the thread is almost on page 2 and it doesn't update in my favorite list anymore.

@BZAH10 is having the problem too, I think.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    @Just_Ceci I want to thank you for suggesting the trial contacts. I am on my second round and I think they may work. The doctor ordered 2 more trials but I won't get those until after I get back from vacation. Also, I can't believe how thick the Toric lenses are. I was pretty proud of myself for being able to put them in and take them out without issue after no having had contacts for more than 5 years.