Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

I confess I might be a lot like your mom.

LOL, I confess my first thought was 'You need to slow down and probably need new tires.'

And here's my boys, one on the left is Ollie a pitbull/hound mix, the other is Boone an Irish Setter/Lab mix.
    jeep.jpg

As of late, this thread has been 'populated' with a bevy of beautiful dogs (it's making me melt)... :)

...and I've always wondered what an Irish Setter/Lab mix might look like (they're two of my favorite breeds) -- so beautiful!
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    LH85DC wrote: »
    Sorry I've been MIA friends, I've been busy at work and was on the go all weekend. I'm also super hungry right now... eating everything in sight! Should still be under goal for the day, assuming I eat the dinner that I have planned out.

BTW- thanks to whoever in this thread clued me into the Fiber One lemon bars. They are delicious. Now I just need some self-control so that I don't gobble them all down during TOM this week. Yikes!

Good to see you back!!
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    Confession: It's a hangry day, and I want chips...or Gardetto's.

I'm in trouble.

I hear you. It's workout off day & all I can think about is warm sourdough bread.

MUST. CONTROL. URGES.

me too, but to (kinda) contribute to the guacamole postings, I just want to face plant in a pile of it. LOVE it. I seriously think I like it better than ice cream. I've been known to eat a whole avocado with salt and a spoon. I want to eat ALL the things today, but by things I mean guac and cheddar cheese and sour cream.

mmmmmmmm this sounds so good!
  • Tubbs216
    Tubbs216 Posts: 6,597 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    I am going to add 500 calories a day called "miscalculations". Even though I measure my food (most of the time) and walk three or four miles a day (most of the time) and log all my CI (most of the time) and measure my CO in addition to walking (most of the time), I still really have no idea. So throwing in another 500 calories for miscellaneous will help keep me in check.
    I do this mentally, to a degree. I only weigh high-cal stuff mostly.
    500 sounds quite a lot though. Does it need to be so much?

No judgment!
    I wasn't judging, I promise!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

Awesome, awesome, and cuss words.

EXACTLY!!! So many emotions.

@quiksylver296 said it best, I'm super excited for you in regards to the ring and your trip I can't wait to see pictures!! I'm so sorry about your step-daughter but I think you're handling it so well! She's obviously immature and there's a lot of rebuilding that will have to happen between her and your husband, my fingers, as always, are crossed for positive growth and moving forward for your family :)

I was waiting to get to the original post, but this is what I wanted to say, so I am going to just echo Laura's comments!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    Jazzybrass wrote: »
    I finally found PB2 in a shop. I like making it up to a paste and eating it. I also like putting it with banana and yoghurt for breakfast

Just don't mix it with cottage cheese blech. That's one of the most vilest creations I ever thought to try. It's also pretty good on a rice cake.

I forget who mentioned Justin's peanut butters & today I bought a small snack size Almond Butter & Maple to compare to the MaraNatha at Giant today.

That was me!! How did you like it?! I loveeee the maple and vanilla snack size justices almond butter, yum!
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    I confess... I just do not like ice cream.... I don't understand how it's such a staple for some people. I could go with out ice cream for the rest of my life and be fine...

Jealous! Ice cream is my weakness! Eating some halo top chocolate as we speak! (seriously whoever told us about this I owe you!!!)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    Ok, if it's doggy pic time again, here's my Flossie. She's a cocker spaniel/bichon cross, so she's good for allergies. Sweetest dog in the world.

Edit: Ooh, giant picture - sorry! Also, why does it look like an oil painting?? Kids been at my phone again???
    x6xrrip4q5u0.jpg

Aww she's so cute. She almost looks like a stuffed animal.
  • LBuehrle8
    Options
    This one is pretty awesome...it should be a Friday thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10193742/why-am-i-gaining-weight/p2

This one just aggravated me! I don't understand why people are so against using a food scale?! I get not using one if you're having success without it but I LOVE knowing exactly how much of something I'm eating. I was losing before I started using one but I bought one because I really wanted to know EXACTLY how much I was eating each day!
    It's especially strange when they still measure food with cups and measuring spoons while saying a food scale is too obsessive. Honestly, spoons and cups wigged me out a lot more than weighing ever could. Just throw down a plate, tare, and I'm good to go!

Yassss! Preach lady!
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    TigerNY128 wrote: »
    Goodness, what a weekend! This time next week, I could possibly be lying on a beautiful beach in Florida sipping a mimosa. I will be thinking of you all. :smiley:

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

Now for stepdaughter news.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

TL; DR: I AM getting a new ring, I married an incredible man, and his daughter is a selfish little twit.

Where are you going in Florida?? I will also be there next week!

That's super cool! Siesta Key. It is on the Gulf side south of Sarasota. We'll be there until the 4th. Where are you going?!

So.. just in case you are thinking about it.. its great that you might want to meet a fellow confessee its your BELATED HONEYMOON! or 2nd honeymoon or whatever. No internet friends!

edited because I accidentally posted 1/2 way thorough turning off all caps!

Mr. Mo would never let that fly. It's just the two of us for 8 days. I'm also super excited about this. ;)

• Oberon21
    Options
    Okay, I am going to have to finish this when I get home, was trying to go back to get to Susieq's original post, but I have been reading the the 1:15 - 1:45 timeframe I think for the last 5 pages! But I wanted to say this...

So. Susieq... I am sorry you feel badly right now, you were MORE than missed (you know I missed you as I came looking for you so I could watch that you were logging in even if you weren't posting) and you will get through this. Fasting isn't going to make it better...it has to cause a fixation with food even if you think it won't. But once you are through this you can work on it 24/7 and find what works for you. Just remember... you are not defined by your weight or your looks. You are an incredibly special person, which is obvious from your poems, your writing, and your comments in this thread. In the end that is what counts. Do we remember Mother Theresa for her looks? Abraham Lincoln? Is Oprah any less a person because she struggles with her weight (not that I am a fan of Oprah but looking for modern equivalents). Never define yourself by that. Its what is in your heart that matters.

XOXOXOXO

Will check back in later and finish this when I get home!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Confession listening to Pretty In Pink by The Psychedelic Furs. I love Pretty In Pink, 16 Candles, & The Breakfast Club.

"You missed my eye by an inch!" "Half an Inch!"

"Blane? His name is Blane? Oh! That's a major appliance!"

"Does Barry Manilow know that you raid his wardrobe?"
  • MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    @MoHousdon
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Glinda1971 wrote: »

Friday night the husband and I went to Outback for dinner. I was not thrilled about this because I didn't think I had enough calories for Outback because I always get the Alice Springs Chicken with fries. I decided to order the chicken, but subbed fries with steamed broccoli, which, if you've being paying attention at all, you'll know how incredibly difficult that decision was. I regretted not getting the fries until I tasted the broccoli, it was delicious. I ended up only eating half my dinner, and I even got to share a piece of cheesecake with my love and STILL managed a deficit. Yay, me!

Saturday, my daughter and I were going to go shopping for Father's Day, my eye appointment, and get some last minute things for our trip, but we were also going to go to the candy shop for snacks so my husband wanted to come too. We ended up going to the candy shop first which was a big success except they were out of my favorite trail mix (luckily, I still had some left over from the last visit) so I got buttered toffee pecans (holy sweet, salty, and crunchy, they are amazing), and some dried apples. He got mostly candy. :smile:

From there, we went to the mall since that's where my appointment was to kill some time, but also so I wouldn't be late. We ended up in JCP looking at dresses. Husband picked out some he wanted me to try on (his questionable taste presented itself again) but nothing worked. We met up outside in the sitting area of the mall and he asked me if I wanted to kill some more time at Helzberg, and I said sure. Long story short, we ended up looking at diamond rings and bridal sets. I didn't think we were really going to purchase anything since he said we'd do shopping in Florida. Apparently, he'd been really thinking about that and decided if we were going to get one, he wanted to get it before we went so it could be sized and everything beforehand. I tried on several rings before falling head over heals for a 1/2 ct. princess cut in white gold. It was absolutely mesmerizing. I could not quit staring at it. That's pretty much how I felt the first time I laid eyes on him. Love at first sight. Anywho, I tried on a few different guards and finally found a perfect fit. The lady sized my finger (size 5 btw, I was pretty shocked by that) and I was off to my appointment.

My appointment took maybe 20 minutes so I went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and a DP ( I know, I was doing to so good) and then headed back to Helzberg. Well, come to find out, he bought the ring while I was at my appointment and was finishing up paperwork and stuff when I got back. I was shocked, I didn't expect to get anything finished so soon. Turns out, the ring I picked out is a VVS2 (3rd from highest quality you can get) and almost completely colorless. It is also a limited edition diamond which I didn't know either. I just knew I loved the ring. When they were telling us all the stuff about the diamond, they said I have really good taste. I said, putting my arm around Husband, "Obviously!" He blushed. It was adorable. I hope to have my ring by Thursday, but I might have to wait until after we get back from Florida.

Now for stepdaughter news.

She was a no call, no show Saturday and Sunday. She DID tag him on facebook saying Happy Father's Day and I love you, but I guess she was just too busy to come by and give him the only thing he really wanted which was some of her time. He fell asleep last night while watching TV and then woke up and asked me what time it was. I said 8 or 9, and he said, really, no way. He then pulled out his phone to check for messages. Nothing. The look on his face was so painfully sad I started crying. I told him I was sorry she didn't come by, and he said, "I can't believe she didn't come over on Father's Day." To make matters worse, Rachael told me she thought it'd be fun having a sister, but it's not. I hate that she's treating them so badly.

I'm sad because she'll never know how incredible her dad is and that she seems to have zero interest in being a part of our amazing family. If it were up to me, I'd take the car back and tell her off, but I don't want to do anything that could hurt the chances of a future relationship. What I don't understand, is she found him, he didn't seek her out, she came to him. Why would she do that if she didn't want to have anything to do with him, just his money?!

I'm heartbroken for my loves. Why did this crap have to happen a week before we leave?!

Oh man. What a mix of awesomeness and crappiness in this post. I think your new ring sounds pretty amazing, but the fact that your step-daughter is being such a selfish brat is making me so sad for your husband.

+1

A mix of yays and hugs for you.

Thanks!

That's awesome news about your ring! Sounds like you had a good weekend except the stepdaughter part. Just curious...why wasn't he involved in her life when she was younger? Counseling may be good for all of you to work through this difficult place. It may reveal some things about her past that provide insight as to why she's acting this way. I hate that Rachael is so disappointed. :( (Hugs)

He wanted to be, we both did.

When her mom and my husband broke up, they shared custody (they were never married). For some reason, I'm not 100% clear on this as he doesn't like to talk about it, she quit allowing him visitation. I guess, in the state of Kansas, a mother can say anything she wants against a father, even one paying child support, and it's basically her word against his. She petitioned to increase his child support (this happened several times during our relationship) and was awarded more each time.

In the almost 15 years we've been married, until recently, I had only seen her twice. Once for her 5th birthday (her mother didn't know about this) and once for Christmas (same year, mother didn't know). When Rach was about 2 maybe a little younger, we found out where she worked and Husband asked if he could see her and she told him she didn't think she (daughter) was ready for that. Because, at the time, we didn't have the money to take her to court, he didn't fight his ex anymore and just did was what right by paying his child support and not fighting it every time she wanted more.

He would never admit it, but he's a pushover and hates confrontation. Hence the situation we're currently in. Her mom was pretty pissed when she found out she had sought him out. I'm sure she has a lot to do with the way she's been acting recently since she's staying at her house.

Sorry to be such a downer on a Monday.

What a horrible woman to deny her child the opportunity of growing up knowing her dad.

BINGO!

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. But it sounds like your step daughter has been under a campaign of parental alienation since she was small. You can google it, it's much more common than people realize but basically it means that one parent deliberately tries to turn the child against the other parent. It takes years. It usually involves lies about what the other parent has done, frivolous law suits and refusal of visitation until the child hates the 'evil' parent.
    Your step daughter sounds conflicted. She obviously wants to know her Dad but who knows what stories she has been fed about him (and you?) Has your husband tried to sit down with her and discuss that he always wanted to see her but her mother prevented it? Alienation is SO psychologically damaging to a child and she may still have no idea who or what to believe.

When they first started talking, she told him her mom never even mentioned her dad, at all, all she knew was his first name and what city he lived in. Not sure if that was true, but he told her we wanted to be there for her but her mom wouldn't let us.

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I'M FINALLY CAUGHT UP!!!! *falls over* <3

Thought of you today at Giant when I found the Limone Sorbet. I almost bought it, but then I decided to get the Yueling's Buttered Caramel Popcorn. I definitely will be getting that sometime though since I seen it was only 80 calories per half serving which means I will probably eat two or three.
  • berlynnwall
    berlynnwall Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    DSC_0553.JPG

I don't if this works!

ETA: it did! This was Charlie and I at the end of our day at the zoo

this is before we set off:
    DSC_0440.JPG

Lunchtime:
    DSC_0472.JPG

this was charlie at the end of the day:
    DSC_0556.JPG

and i might be a little bit biased, but i do think he really is a beautiful kid

What a sweetheart <3
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Is anyone who hangs out here a volume eater who's also successful with their weight loss and fitness? I am referring someone over here to MFP from the 'loseit' subreddit on reddit.com (the 'loseit' community is fantastic, btw). She binges on junk because she just needs to feel full, but really liked the suggestion I picked up here about cooking a whole bag of frozen veggies and eating those instead. I'm pretty sure I've seen similar suggestions from other volume eaters but was hoping I could either get more suggestions or maybe even a name or two to refer her to.

I'm useless to her because I'm one of those 'three small meals and two medium snacks per day' people who's never been able to eat high volume even when I was eating too many calories.

Thanks kindly for any help or information.

Bags of frozen veggies is your answer.
  • nicole_mundy
    nicole_mundy Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    ketorach wrote: »
    Sometimes, I eat in bed and don't even remember. I wake up in the morning wondering why I'm not hungry, and then, I'm sad when I remember.

awwww
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    yesterday afternoon i had plans to take my mom to see jurassic world. yesterday we also had a massive storm that dumped tons of rain. it was still slightly raining when i left the house to meet her at the theater. of course i'm perpetually late for everything and was probably driving a smidge too fast for the road conditions.

then i started to fishtail on the four lane highway, and i completely can't pull out of it, totally lose control, the car does a full 360 spin across the two lanes of oncoming traffic and i bounce off of the opposing guardrail.

by some tiny miracle, no one was coming when i crossed lanes. if anyone had been, i probably would have killed them and myself. so i'm on the wrong side of the road facing the wrong direction. see no one coming at me head on, and drive back over to the right side of the road to a stoplight. this dude pulls up in the lane next to me and is like ARE YOU OK?!?!! i'm all shaky and say yeah, i think so. light turns green and i drive on to the theater like everything is fine.

i meet up with my mom and i'm like, i think i might have just almost died, and explain the whole thing to her and she's like... well maybe you should slow the hell down. and i say no, this was REALLY scary, and she's just like yeah, i've done it before too. slow down.

thanks mom!

confession: my mother's total lack of empathy and concern really ticks me off sometimes....

Glad to hear you're ok! It's nice that someone stopped to check on you & make sure you were ok.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    ovinas1 wrote: »
    Reeses peanut butter cup minis are like pretty pink bows and unicorns....

I literally was eating these 3 days a week with a monster for breakfast....and I wonder why I was gaining so rapidly
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited June 2015
    Options
    This one is pretty awesome...it should be a Friday thread.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10193742/why-am-i-gaining-weight/p2

This one just aggravated me! I don't understand why people are so against using a food scale?! I get not using one if you're having success without it but I LOVE knowing exactly how much of something I'm eating. I was losing before I started using one but I bought one because I really wanted to know EXACTLY how much I was eating each day!

Exactly. If I didn't use my food scale I'm pretty sure I'd still be around 250 pounds.

I pretty much weigh everything except for yogurt cups like Chobani, Dannon, or Yoplait.

Some of my protein bars/fiber bars can be 15-30+ calorie higher than they should & if you're at a smaller deficit with not much to lose it can hinder your progress greatly if you're off on everything you're eating. I also use it to weigh stuff like cereal, ice cream, & peanut butter since it's so easy to overestimate what a serving is. The first time I weighed out cereal on my food scale I thought what a ripoff & then put two more servings in the bowl:D. There are times I am shocked at how big a serving of peanut butter is, but if it's something like Cookie Spread or Nutella then again I am like what a ripoff.

I'll admit I've even weighed & measured one chip or cracker which I did today with my Triscuit cracker today.

At least I am not as OCD as the lady who takes her food scale to the grocery store.