Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm a vegetarian but I can't manage to lose weight. I stopped eating bread and I barely eat any protein

Buy a food scale. Measure what you are eating and log it religiously. Calorie deficit is what causes weight loss, not what type of food you are eating.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Is it bad that I feel the need to look better than my boyfriends ex?
    On top of that I just want to be confident in myself and feel comfortable in my own skin.

Nope! Whatever motivates you! :p
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I am on here so much because I hate my job. I work for a large company and feel totally undervalued and unappreciated. It's not the company though because in my last position here I was very happy. Need to start seriously looking for another job, but every time I do the task is so daunting and don't feel like I'm qualified for any of the positions posted. Really depressing!

Oh, do I ever feel you on this. I am passively looking at this point. I'm clearly too busy to go all in right now, but I keep tabs on the big career sites, and some of the companies I'd prefer to work for just in case something good pops up. :)
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Dnarules wrote: »
    Is it weird that I try to save earthworms trapped on the pavement of the green way I use? Fortunately only one person has seen me since its quiet out here.

I do this. Also kept saving them when we were digging up various parts of our garden. I put them in my veggie patch so I can pretend I'm doing it for my own benefit, when in fact I just can't stand to see those poor little worms squished or dried up!
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    This is more advice than a confession: Don't cry in your Goggles when you go swimming, tears sting a lot when they go back into your eyes.

Why were you crying I hear you ask? I weighed myself this morning. I weigh exactly the same amount as I weighed back in February. I'm beginning to think this is all a big waste of my time. I work out 6 hours a week and eat a 890 calorie deficit a day. I don't know what else to do...

You're eating more than you think and overestimating your exercise calories, probably. Maybe make a new thread and open your diary and people can help... Also, you don't have to eat breakfast if you're not hungry... It's a myth that it kick starts your metabolism.

Surely I can't be eating 890 calories more without realising though? :# I wear a Misfit (bit like a fitbit, but you can wear it swimming) and just go by that for the day. The only thing I put into MFP is my weight lifting because I like to see the progress, :smile: it doesn't add calories on.
    I do normally eat breakfast because I am normally hungry enough to eat it (particularly after a 45min swim). I know that your metabolism is to do with chemicals in your body that is not easily adjusted, and if it is low, it is considered a serious health problem, so I know the whole "kick start" thing a BS all around.
    And nothing can convince me to start a "I can't lose weight" thread, that's digital suicide. lol I'm a massive softy so all comments would probably put me off coming back to the forum.

This has really been a struggle for you. IMO, you should talk to a dietitian.
  • CountessKitteh
    CountessKitteh Posts: 1,505 Member
    Options
    Confession: I stopped at Wawa on my way into work before dawn to grab breakfast and it was so early that they didn't have hashbrowns ready yet. I'm pretty sure it made me way more sad than it should have.
  • crosbylee
    crosbylee Posts: 3,454 Member
    Options
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

Ah, but did you go back and finish??
  • spamarie
    spamarie Posts: 2,825 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your egg answers.

My husband thinks it's weird that I eat about a dozen eggs a week. I thought that was pretty normal (and healthy!). They're small eggs too. Yesterday I had 2 eggs for breakfast, then my supper that evening also involved 2 eggs, and he told me off (jokingly - kinda) for having 4 eggs in one day. Made me very pissy since I hadn't had any eggs for 2 or 3 days running up to it. Plus I'm feeling a bit nauseous and if eggs are what cures it, then eggs are what I'm having. It's got to be an improvement on crisps, which is what I really want.

He doesn't eat any eggs at all, so I'm not sure he can have an opinion on these things!
  • crosbylee
    Options
    AlciaMode wrote: »
    I'm trying to get in shape to feel better about myself around women and to make someone else jealous. How is that for shallow?

Yeah that sounds about the same as me.
    My Husband and I ordered pizza after only the 2nd week of our diet and I nearly ate the whole thincrust pizza by myself.
    The next day there was leftovers, so to keep myself from eating it, I literally opened my back door and tossed it out into the compost.
    Not to brag.. But we're doing way better now, and only 5wks of logs I've lost 13lbs.
    And I'm back on my veggies only rabbit food diet.
    I still love veggie pizza and when I reach my goals it's going to be my first cheat food. Maybe homemade though.

Later today I am making a cauliflower crust pizza. Look it up. It is not like a real pizza but it is guilt free.

Tried the cauliflower pizza and the only good thing about it was the stuff I put on top. Hope you have better luck!!
  • Edison563
    Edison563 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    Fat_Lassie wrote: »
    I once stopped in the middle of P90X to eat a burrito.

Ah, but did you go back and finish??

Ahh

This made me laugh. I would stop too for a burrito!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession: I stopped at Wawa on my way into work before dawn to grab breakfast and it was so early that they didn't have hashbrowns ready yet. I'm pretty sure it made me way more sad than it should have.

When I've gone in for a soft, fluffy biscuit and all that's there are hard azz bagels or greasy croissants I leave mad. >_<
  • Edison563
    Edison563 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I went to the gym (finally) yesterday but then I ate some chicken wild rice soup and I have no idea how many calories it was.
  • m1xm0d3
    Options
    Edison563 wrote: »
    I went to the gym (finally) yesterday but then I ate some chicken wild rice soup and I have no idea how many calories it was.

Canned or homemade? Depending on portion size, probably between 250-500 calories. Regardless, not very much. Sodium is the problem.

• m1xm0d3
    Options
    New profile photo Friday....

I'm a sexy bish and I'll rock yo world. Kudos to those who know and remember...
  • rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    What does one mean when they respond to a thread with QFT? I've always thought my internet lingo was pretty good but since coming to MFP I've realized I suck :p

Quoted for truth.

I only know because I went to urban dictionary after seeing it so many times. LOL

Haha I thought it meant quite *kitten* true

I like your translation better.
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    So I have a scale victory and a NSV for today. I’m officially down 10 lbs as of this morning (woot!), and I do eat more than my journal says (promise!), I just don’t log at home at night. I’m in the “clothes starting to get loose, but not down a size” situation.
    My NSV- my almost-9-month old finally sat up by himself for a few minutes last night. The pediatrician was starting to mention physical therapy for him and we were getting nervous, but now he’s starting to sit on his own (yay! So proud of him!)
    PM me if you want more of my experience about this. PT is probably free though the state or your school district and may be wonderful. I put off a few things with my son that once I got started with them discovered they really helped in ways I had not imagined. He enjoyed it too. That said... Way to go little boy. You've got a good mommy who loves you. :smiley:

Congrats on your 10 pound loss.

• rungirl1973
    rungirl1973 Posts: 2,559 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.

I've never been a fan of spaghetti. I mean it's ok but def not something I would ever order when dining out. Maybe I haven't had GOOD spaghetti. But then again, I am not a saucy guy so I tend to like more noodle than sauce. And a noodle is just a noodle, correct?

I crush ribs without second thought. I do however go through a TON of wet naps cuz I hate that sticky feeling on my hands and face.

What??? Pretty sure your profile pic says otherwise! Haha. Those scrawny arms in the picture make me laugh every time.

LMAO touché... I am also not a fan of mayo. Stupid skinny arm child proof tops (They ARE child proof, right?) :p

Aren't all jars?? I used to have this small rubber gripper thing that I used constantly to open jars. It mysteriously disappeared from my kitchen. I didn't lose it. Husband is retired and spends way more time in the kitchen than I do, so naturally I blamed him. I throw a new temper tantrum now every time I cannot open a jar and my gripper is no where to be found. Never can remember to buy another one at the store! Simple solution, but temper tantrums are much more fun.

I have an old bottle opener. If I can get the opener part under the lid just enough to force some air into the jar, "POP", easy peasy and no risk of breaking the glass.
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    What does one mean when they respond to a thread with QFT? I've always thought my internet lingo was pretty good but since coming to MFP I've realized I suck :p

Quoted for truth.

I only know because I went to urban dictionary after seeing it so many times. LOL

Haha I thought it meant quite *kitten* true

I like your translation better.

My husband the programmer always uses it as "Quality F$#$ing Text" lol
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    So I have a scale victory and a NSV for today. I’m officially down 10 lbs as of this morning (woot!), and I do eat more than my journal says (promise!), I just don’t log at home at night. I’m in the “clothes starting to get loose, but not down a size” situation.
    My NSV- my almost-9-month old finally sat up by himself for a few minutes last night. The pediatrician was starting to mention physical therapy for him and we were getting nervous, but now he’s starting to sit on his own (yay! So proud of him!)
    PM me if you want more of my experience about this. PT is probably free though the state or your school district and may be wonderful. I put off a few things with my son that once I got started with them discovered they really helped in ways I had not imagined. He enjoyed it too. That said... Way to go little boy. You've got a good mommy who loves you. :smiley:

Congrats on your 10 pound loss.

Thanks! My husband and mom think I'm paranoid but I think he's a bit behind in things physically. Mentally he's sharp as a tack, ahead in verbal skills, he met all his markers for eye movement, smiling, etc. all really early.

Anything physical, though, and he's just not there. He rolled over at 7 months- he should've done it at 4. Just now started sitting up, 2-3 months late. His weight is 12th %ile and height is 14th %ile, so he's a tiny thing, and he was 3 weeks early. I would be totally ok with him seeing a PT, honestly, if it would help. I Googled exercises and I do them with him at night- I have no idea if it helps, but I'll try pretty much anything.
  • crosbylee
    Options
    New profile photo Friday....

I'm a sexy bish and I'll rock yo world. Kudos to those who know and remember...

Heeeeeyyy!!