Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• raelynnsmama52512
    raelynnsmama52512 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Can we just cancel today? :unamused:
    As I've mentioned, hubby is out of town, and now just so happens to be the perfect time for Raelynn to get sick. As in, puking all over the bathroom and kitchen sick. She refuses to eat, just wants water, and is currently lying down in her bed watching a movie as that's all she wants to do. Not to mention, the actual act of vomiting was enough to trigger one of her daily multiple anxiety attacks. Needless to say, at this point neither one of us is concerned at all about eating and not really doing much of anything else either. :frowning:

Oh no! I'm SO sorry! I hope she feels better soon. Hopefully it is just something that passes quickly and that the change of her father being away won't affect her any more than this.

Thanks. :smile:
    I'm not exactly sure if it's her being upset about her daddy being gone or if she's got some kind of bug. I did have to break the news last night that daddy wouldn't be coming home for a few days, and that broke her little heart. I'm almost wondering if her drinking some diet dr pepper here lately could have something to do with it or not, because that's pretty much what came up. *sorry, tmi*
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 - I hope she feels better soon!
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o
    Yes, thank you...I was just about to respond that it was POF. And I would say that 14 is definitely the winner!!
    5 is definitely our limit...it is just so hard to turn away a cat in need. :(

For the kitteh lovers,

ok988bqbq2wf.gif

and this

2vrty1zyrhkf.gif

Omg, that top one! Now I wanna try! >:)
  • raelynnsmama52512
    Options
    As I've mentioned, hubby is out of town, and now just so happens to be the perfect time for Raelynn to get sick. As in, puking all over the bathroom and kitchen sick. She refuses to eat, just wants water, and is currently lying down in her bed watching a movie as that's all she wants to do. Not to mention, the actual act of vomiting was enough to trigger one of her daily multiple anxiety attacks. Needless to say, at this point neither one of us is concerned at all about eating and not really doing much of anything else either. :frowning:

Yikes. I hope your little one is feeling better soon. Hugs!
    Glinda1971 wrote: »
    @raelynnsmama52512 - I hope she feels better soon!

Thanks ladies! She started playing a little, but she says she's sleepy so she's going to take a nap and hopefully she'll be a little better after that. I hate seeing her sick, poor baby. :/
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

A girl is to go on said date.

Yes. Go on the date. I don't have much time and neither does SO but it works for us. Go. It is just a date. :smile:

• MoHousdon
    MoHousdon Posts: 8,722 Member
    Options
    My son and I were playing outside a little earlier and I noticed just how bad our rose bushes and flower garden have gotten overrun with weeds. I started pulling the weeds and of course, he wanted "to help"...so I let him toss the pulled weeds into a pile. Anyway, some neighbors walked by and started chatting with him and asked what he was up to. His reply? "Just doing weed with Mama"!! I almost died....and quickly cleared it up that we were WEEDING not doing weed.

I loved that! I can almost hear his tiny little voice saying it. Mind you, I have no idea what your son sounds like, but I can picture it and it's adorable! :smiley:

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Is it me or is it mostly women posting here? Did we scare off most of the men?

We have xMrBunglex and Uncle Fester sometimes. We ran off the rest with our talk of TOM, bras, breastfeeding and whatever else. :D

I confess I was actually going to post TODAY that my confession is that I think I run off all the men in this thread. Example:
    -- I asked @tincanonastring if he worked at my company, he asked me if I was stalking him (I deduced where he came from by his posts) and within a week he was gone.
    -- I started engaging with @AgentOrangeJuice on messaging (he expressed sympathy about Oberon, I asked him about his new job, etc.) he disappeared.
    -- @flatasapancake posted a new chest picture, I said impressive! You are slowly working your way around your body, is your *kitten* next and he never came back.

I have checked on all of them...they are all still posting (not much from @AgentOrangeJuice though so he may truly be busy).

Like in real life, I scare all the men away. Sigh.

No, do not blame yourself! It's kind of funny, when you type it out like that, but I highly doubt it has anything to do with you!

Perhaps not but I am not a big believer in coincidence. But luckily mixmode has promised to stick around and I haven't scared off xMrBunglex yet....

Nah, it wasn't you. I had to take a forum hiatus to attend to IRL stuff and by the time I came back, it was 1000 comments later and I just never picked back up in this thread. Those other guys, though...that was you!

Confession: I promised to catch up on all the missed posts in this thread and I am fully committed to breaking that promise. No regrets...y'all post too much! :tongue:

Yay!! Welcome back @tincanonastring!!

Has anyone seen @ShibaEars? I miss her
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,714 Member
    Options

Oh no! I'm SO sorry! I hope she feels better soon. Hopefully it is just something that passes quickly and that the change of her father being away won't affect her any more than this.

I'm not exactly sure if it's her being upset about her daddy being gone or if she's got some kind of bug. I did have to break the news last night that daddy wouldn't be coming home for a few days, and that broke her little heart. I'm almost wondering if her drinking some diet dr pepper here lately could have something to do with it or not, because that's pretty much what came up. *sorry, tmi*

No worries. When it comes to our kids we have to find out what the source is so that hopefully it won't be repeated. I hope it was just the soda and that it is out of her system now. Pretty sure your day can only improve from here, right??? Hope so.

@quiksylver296, Easton West is great! I saw something where they said they weren't going to name him South West, but who knows. More importantly, WHO CARES??? (I do feel sorry for the kids spawned from these types of famous people. Makes me wonder if they ever get to be "normal" or even know what it means.)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    Options

I hope she's okay soon.
  • festerw
    festerw Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

I'd be lying if I said a lot of the conversations my wife and I have involve farts and bodily functions. That's how you know they're a good person lol.
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    Tubbs216 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    misskarne wrote: »
    I have never had a Pop Tart.

They sound...not delicious.

I had them a couple times when I was younger and wasn't impressed. People in this thread have raved about them! Keep telling myself how dry and tasteless they were so I won't buy any!

Considering the heat of the summers in Oman, when I was a kid we used to buy them and leave the foil packets on the dashboard of the car on the way home. Then they were all warm and soft and melty... Mmm. I can definitely think of better desserts, but I still love poptarts!

@pofoster21 It's all so pretty! We just live in a rented apartment, so I have to live with the terrible plastic cupboards and nasty uneven counters. I don't mind it, though--as tiny as it is, it's the best kitchen I've had in a long time, and best of all, it's ALL MINE. ;)

We rent too, and my kitchen is...something. It's a shame, because it's got high-end, stainless, new Samsung appliances and is very, very modern, but it is NOT MY STYLE AT ALL. We have shiny red cupboards, stainless steel backsplash, stark white countertops and tile floor and bright white nuclear holocaust lighting, and it's just the opposite of what I would have chosen (anything but that fingerprint-y awful stainless...whites and pale blues and light woods, maybe with some navy and red accents, nothing lacquered and nothing stark.)

Objectively it is a stylish kitchen but I hate it a lot. And we have a tiny highrise apartment so it's a narrow galley kitchen too and I would give my right toes for decent counter space and more storage.

Your kitchen sounds like mine! Tasteless and ugly. ;) I do have all those shiny Samsung appliances (they didn't come with the apartment though, we bought those ourselves), but there's VERY little kitchen space, no air conditioner (you would only know how torturous this is if you lived in the Gulf. My kitchen settles at 30C/86F in the early afternoon), and there's hardly even space to turn around. The cabinets are shiny and plastic and cheap, and half of the doors were already broken when we moved in because they weren't installed properly.

I still love it though, because I enjoy cooking and baking and my kitchen is my haven for making all kinds of stuff. When I visit family I miss having my cozy little kitchen with all of my dishes and spices and such, knowing where everything is, having everything you need on hand, etc. It's just so nice to have your own place, even when it isn't perfect! :)

I wish there was a machine that Rosie had on the Jetsons that popped out whatever food item you wanted. Oh you want a hot fudge sundae well here you go. Pizza with whatever toppings you want? Flies right out & lands on a plate.
    I would stand in front of it and say "Tea. Earl Grey. Hot."

"Fries. Extra crispy. No calories."

This. On every food.

ETA: On second thought - I would like to change the "no calories" to "exact macros." No matter what I order in the day, cherry cheesecake, bacon cheeseburger, and tater tots, I want it to exactly hit my calories and macros for the day.

I almost included "extra protein", but then didn't. Should have.

• MoHousdon
    Options
    I ate a biscuit with honey from KFC :( and mashed potatoes

I now want a KFC biscuit and honey sauce. I've been craving fried chicken for many days (maybe because of something someone said on here) and I still have yet to eat any. I have been watching my eating the last couple weeks to prevent excess baggage for my trip, but I REALLY WANT SOME FRIED CHICKEN!!!

• MoHousdon
    Options
    crosbylee wrote: »
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    Started the C25k app today because I like having someone tell me when to run and when to walk :)

I am ready to start that myself. I was hoping that would tell me what to do!!

I really like it because I'll be going along listening to my music and it'll beep and say start walking then beep start running and I don't have to look at my watch or anything it's great!

Great news for me. I am working on getting my physical endurance up a bit for a mud run in October.

Either of you tried the Zombies, run! app? I've heard good reviews about that one.

That may be one I need to look into since The Walking Dead is my favorite show. Gotta train for the apocalypse!!

I'm counting on you, @crosbylee and @quiksylver296

Like I've said before, I've never watched TWD. But...I think I saw a commercial for a spin-off show. Did anyone see that?

@MoHousdon remember, we're meeting at Mt. Rushmore. :p

How could I forget!?

• LH85DC
    LH85DC Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Last weekend we went out on a boat with some of fiance's coworkers, and I got really sunburnt on my back and left shoulder. Had sunscreen on, but must not have applied very well :neutral: My confession here is that my fiance felt guilty about not having helped me apply the sunscreen, and I've taken advantage of it all week long getting him to help me put on aloe and lotion and itch cream to make it feel better! whoops...
  • MoHousdon
    Options
    ok guys I am on the fence about something. I got asked out on a date this weekend. I don't date because in reality I don't have a lot of free time and I am certainly not wanting to take any time away from my son. But in spite of all this I am considering going. What's a girl to do?

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

• raelynnsmama52512
    Options

No worries. When it comes to our kids we have to find out what the source is so that hopefully it won't be repeated. I hope it was just the soda and that it is out of her system now. Pretty sure your day can only improve from here, right??? Hope so.

I'm hoping today gets a little better. I just laid her down for a nap, so hopefully she'll feel better with some rest. I think she's going to have to avoid the soda, just to be safe. (Mommy fail there)
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I hope she's okay soon.

Thanks, me too.
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    I bike to work every day...today is "Bike to Work Day" in Denver.

I confess that I call it "Amateur Hour" because all these people clumsily trying to load their bikes on the light rail, rubbing their tires on my pants, riding without helmets, running red lights, riding down the middle of the street & just generally being clueless bicyclists is making me VERY STABBY THIS MORNING

LOL me too (commuting). Any day it's over 45 degrees F and not forecasted to rain. 7 miles in, 13 miles back home to make an even 20+ miles per commute. Do you log your rides? I am on mapmyride if you wanna link up.

http://www.mapmyride.com/profile/33110001/
  • riderfangal
    riderfangal Posts: 1,965 Member
    Options

Do you like date asker guy? If the answer is yes, then I say GO FOR IT!

I do like said guy lol
  • qn4bx9pzg8aifd
    qn4bx9pzg8aifd Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    Edited because men are men, whatever, but don't make it public, I don't want that visual thanks
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    This. This is how I feel. I know most guys are like that but I just don't want to think/hear about it because it makes me feel bad for some reason. Ignorance sometimes really is bliss...
    festerw wrote: »
    No most men aren't like that or at least myself and the guys I know.
    Just_Ceci wrote: »
    True, most men aren't like that, but men like that are more vocal!
    As a woman myself, I didn't think I could really speak up about it with much surety, but I agree--It's a case of the minority making the majority look nasty. [...] And I doubt there are many men who are nasty/immoral enough to do that kind of thing in a professional setting, no matter what they might do in the privacy of their homes.

@festerw, am glad that you aren't like, and that you don't know or otherwise hang around with, guys like that...

@Just_Ceci, not surprisingly, there are also men like that who are not vocal about it... or who are otherwise smart enough to 'keep it under wraps'... or who would seemingly only 'share' such crap with 'others of their kind' (a few of which I happened to (unfortunately) be physically close 'enough' to, one day, several years ago... and overheard... and they seemed to be oblivious to the fact that someone/anyone/I could hear them... they were medical students... and one of them was going to be starting his gynecology rotation the following week... and what I heard him say resulted in my from-that-day-forward disallowing any male medical student to ever be present for any gynecological anything that I would ever need done in any teaching facility... suffice it to say, his comments about what he looked forward to, with pelvic exams, was not something I'll ever forget)...

...and while that was one male, I'm also aware that something akin to 'the greater numbers associated with a vocal minority' aspect of 'customer service comments' whatnot would seem to apply -- for every one person who 'speaks up', there are many more who remain silent -- though of a similar mindset/reaction/'take'...

@Susieq_1994, while I agree that there are likely not a lot of men who would actually engage in 'the act in question' in a professional setting, it doesn't mean that there aren't more who think about doing so, or who otherwise 'wait until they get home'...

...and while no actual 'percentage' could be realistically ascribed to 'what fraction of men are like that', it goes without saying that the world would likely be a far more intimidating and fear-laden 'place' for women, were such men's thoughts to be known by every woman whose body any such man were to 'see'...

...as @FroggyBug said... ignorance sometimes really is bliss...

@Lois_1989, thank you for the careful-yet-direct way in which you politely pointed out the hypocrisy associated with the unfortunate (and supposedly truthful) statements in question...

...this topic, in general, results in my SO wishing a Freaky Friday -like form of 'switch' were possible, so that any such man could be 'required' to live a portion of his life as a woman (and in particular, a woman whose life could 'teach him what the other side of that experience/environment/'equation' feels like')...

...and for that matter, I wish it were possible with every form of discrimination, and various realities for which a 'teaching moment' needed to involve a rather dramatic method of 'driving the point home' (finding it hard to understand what this might be like 'from the other side'? -- here! -- try *this* on for size! -- LIVE IT!)...

[/end of quasi-rant]
    [/stepping away from soapbox]
    [/shutting up]
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    @AngryViking1970 and @WestCoastJo82 Thanks I probably will. An evening that doesn't involve talking about Spongebob , farts or other bodily functions might be nice!

I'd be lying if I said a lot of the conversations my wife and I have involve farts and bodily functions. That's how you know they're a good person lol.

There are lots of conversations surrounding bodily functions at our house too!