Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    I used to break spaghetti into 3 when my kids were little. I still break it in half. I rarely order it in a restaurant because I don't like the looong strands.

I also never order ribs. I hate getting my hands dirty, even if it's because of delicious ribs.

I stopped eating meat 25 years ago because seeing raw meat grossed me out. I stopped eating anything you had to rip off a bone 35 years ago. Completely turns my stomach.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    and yes, i own page 699. lol

Binge post alert! LOL! As much as posting as I've done the last couple minutes, I probably own page 700...Wait, we're on page 700? Holy bat *kitten*!

Haha and soon we'll be on 701! We are flying!

And I missed it learning how to wire phone service. Sigh.
  • krissyreminisce
    krissyreminisce Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I have an NSV followed by a confession.

This past Saturday I tried on a pair of American Eagle jeans. One size below the current size I wear (which are falling off and baggy) and the size below THAT as a 'just for *kitten*' sort of thing. I'm in a size 4 now, the 2 was too big, and the 0 fit great!

Confession: I'm really pumped about it. But no one else really is. :confused: But it's okay, I know they're just concerned. But man, I went from growing out of a size 18 to a size 0. Madness.

And I like American Eagle because I have no *kitten* and their jeans don't droop back there. lol.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Wow, 100 new posts! You guys be crazy...

Today's confession: It REALLY p*sses me off that you can't outwork a bad diet.

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

End result? a 5 lb gain for May.

The fire has been lit.

Thanks for the compliment! :)

I thought you could outwork a bad diet if you were male. All the males in my family do it. They workout simply so that they can continue to eat their fast food, drink pop/soda, and satisfy their steak and bacon obsession. Sorry it's not that way for you, but you will be better off in the long run!

Some guys can. I'm not one of them, unfortunately!

Being fit & trim, I am the freak in my family...everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, is overweight. My younger brother looks like John Candy. If I stop watching it & stop exercising I can put on 5 lbs in 10 days, no problem. It's a main focus of my life to stay fit & trim, and I've been on it for 8 years now.

Here's my DL photo from 2007, at 240 lbs:
    chub.jpg

And here's my new one, taken last month, at 175:
    Today.jpg

You look fabulous. Congratulations. And very handsome. ;)
  • Oberon21
    Options
    MissLaaber wrote: »
    I just got the a call from my mom saying she put our family dog down, we had him for 9 years. I'm sad even though I haven't lived at home in over 4 years.

Oh I am so sorry. I had something to say here but I started to cry. So I am just sorry.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Okay so I know this is silly but I have no idea what NSV means

I didn't either. I asked ages ago in another thread. :)
  • nonoelmo
    nonoelmo Posts: 3,941 Member
    edited May 2015
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

It's hysterical and depressing all at once!

I did match for about 9 months and screened very carefully. My profile was designed to dissuade most men from contacting me because I really know that "most" men are wrong for me. I met a number of really nice, good (at least from our limited getting to know each other) men who were really looking for a relationship. For whatever reason it didn't click for me with even those I screened carefully. I took some time off and further tuned my profile to be VERY specific. It gave the potential "match" a good picture of my personality, my "requirements" etc. It was interesting and funny -- but definitely specific. I went on match and okcupid. It was an overwhelming response. My profile was (I guess, I only saw the men's profiles) so different than what men were used to seeing that I got all kinds of responses. I had been very true to me and my quirky personality and I posted pictures that were very true of me, no make up, working out, a little makeup in a dress, etc. I didn't want to glam it up when I don't glam it up every day. My best guy friend hated my profile but I was not looking to attract him. :wink: My (now) SO messaged me on okcupid. We went on a lunch date -- it lasted 1 1/2 hours and we laughed and had so much fun. I was about to go on first dates with four other men. He had just gone on first dates with two other women. We went on a second date and then a third. The fourth date he asked me to be exclusive. He is a great, sweet, fun man. We are a very good match so far (about 1.25 years).... so it is possible to meet some good people on these sites with a lot of screening and knowing what you want / what you want to avoid, and being patient - there is no deadline. With the busy life I lead and the busy life my SO leads it had to be an internet site that brought us together. It is very unlikely our paths would have otherwise crossed.

One point here (that might be buried) is to be yourself and know yourself and love yourself. It is reasonably easy to get a date but it is more of a challenge to find a person who is aligned with your lifestyle and values that you can mutually evaluate and get to know. You have many wonderful qualities. Own what you are awesome at and I do believe that if you want someone that you will very likely meet a great person for you! More importantly, you WON'T meet and stay with the person who is wrong for you. :smiley:

My profile (in case anyone is curious)
    Started with a short story about me almost drowning while white water rafting. (This was to give some insight into me without me listing things outright.)
    Listed the three qualities I most wanted in a man (integrity, kind-of handsome, living aligned with his values and moral standards)
    A list of the top ten reasons I'm a great girlfriend -- I started with 10 and worked down to #2. They had to ask to get the #1 reason. :wink:

• Oberon21
    Options
    BZAH10 wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    Sadly, I confess...if I ever were to get divorced, though I like to think different, I would probably be "that older guy" that hooks up with someone younger...then feel all creepy about it.

Depends on how big of an age difference it is. I met my current husband when I was 28 and he was 38. We had both just divorced our first spouses the year before. The vast majority of his family and friends were convinced he was having a mid-life crisis. Been some ups and downs, but 15 years later we're still together.

I don't think 10 years is a lot. 20-30 is creepy.
  • cory17
    cory17 Posts: 1,401 Member
    Options
    lizalmp1234 wrote: »
    My boyfriend isn't attracted to me anymore because I've gained weight.....I Haven't had sex in five years and it has honestly given me a bit of depression!!!! :'(
    DUMP HIM!! Imagine being married and the same scenario. I can count on one hand sex in last five years, it's going on two years now. It doesn't get better, only worse.
    and to mr bunglex above - you look great, congrats! the hard work paid off
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Wow, 100 new posts! You guys be crazy...

Today's confession: It REALLY p*sses me off that you can't outwork a bad diet.

The last month, I've been logging everything as usual, breakfast, lunches & snacks have been on point, but after analyzing the data, noticed my avg cals per day have been quite a bit higher. Exercise burn has been at its usual levels, avg about 550 cals a day. I usually net about 11-1200 cals per day after exercise, but this last month it's been more like 1700. And not good calories either, a lot of crap at home after work. Chips, cake, cookies. Bad habit creeping back in, getting complacent, I've figured this out for years, blah blah blah.

End result? a 5 lb gain for May.

The fire has been lit.

I'll take you up on that. The last month I have barely been holding on with emotional eating. I am finally back on track and starting to train again. Time to get serious. We can do this!
  • Lefty1290
    Lefty1290 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Today, I was at my neighborhood park/playground shooting hoops when a group of teenagers came in the court. I stayed way longer than I would have otherwise to prove I wasn't a wuss.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    festerw wrote: »
    I hit my goal weight of 190 about 8lbs ago but altered it to 175 since I'm still a little flabby, the confession is I haven't told my wife since that's less than her current weight and she's losing too just not as fast.

So don't adjust down...bulk!
  • nonoelmo
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

Yes you are.

• nonoelmo
    Options
    Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Today, I was at my neighborhood park/playground shooting hoops when a group of teenagers came in the court. I stayed way longer than I would have otherwise to prove I wasn't a wuss.
    Ha! :smiley: That made me laugh because I recognize that!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.

Haha no technically I'm spoken for of course but there's no ring on my finger! (This doesn't mean I'd ever cross boundaries of course just saying I'm unmarried and there's no box to check "boyfriend" or in a relationship when it asks single, married, divorced, or widowed- so I check the single box every time)

There is a big difference between those 4 categories and being single or in a relationship.
  • Oberon21
    Options

I tried match.com once and they literally refused my membership! I got a msg that said they didn't have anyone that would match my profile/questionnaire info, and to try again at a later date!

Hmm. I never did it. But seriously? Then maybe you need to get more real in life? Or did you just make yourself as out there as you could? Which may have cut your options?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »

I did match for about 9 months and screened very carefully. My profile was designed to dissuade most men from contacting me because I really know that "most" men are wrong for me. I met a number of really nice, good (at least from our limited getting to know each other) men who were really looking for a relationship. For whatever reason it didn't click for me with even those I screened carefully. I took some time off and further tuned my profile to be VERY specific. It gave the potential "match" a good picture of my personality, my "requirements" etc. It was interesting and funny -- but definitely specific. I went on match and okcupid. It was an overwhelming response. My profile was (I guess, I only saw the men's profiles) so different than what men were used to seeing that I got all kinds of responses. I had been very true to me and my quirky personality and I posted pictures that were very true of me, no make up, working out, a little makeup in a dress, etc. I didn't want to glam it up when I don't glam it up every day. My best guy friend hated my profile but I was not looking to attract him. :wink: My (now) SO messaged me on okcupid. We went on a lunch date -- it lasted 1 1/2 hours and we laughed and had so much fun. I was about to go on first dates with four other men. He had just gone on first dates with two other women. We went on a second date and then a third. The fourth date he asked me to be exclusive. He is a great, sweet, fun man. We are a very good match so far (about 1.25 years).... so it is possible to meet some good people on these sites with a lot of screening and knowing what you want / what you want to avoid, and being patient - there is no deadline. With the busy life I lead and the busy life my SO leads it had to be an internet site that brought us together. It is very unlikely our paths would have otherwise crossed.

One point here (that might be buried) is to be yourself and know yourself and love yourself. It is reasonably easy to get a date but it is more of a challenge to find a person who is aligned with your lifestyle and values that you can mutually evaluate and get to know. You have many wonderful qualities. Own what you are awesome at and I do believe that if you want someone that you will very likely meet a great person for you! More importantly, you WON'T meet and stay with the person who is wrong for you. :smiley:

My profile (in case anyone is curious)
    Started with a short story about me almost drowning while white water rafting. (This was to give some insight into me without me listing things outright.)
    Listed the three qualities I most wanted in a man (integrity, kind-of handsome, living aligned with his values and moral standards)
    A list of the top ten reasons I'm a great girlfriend -- I started with 10 and worked down to #2. They had to ask to get the #1 reason. :wink:

Soooo. I am asking. What is no. 1?
  • Oberon21
    Options
    Awwww. Thx!
  • Oberon21
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I used to feel that way. And I am going to completely honest here. I am not a pretty woman. I am ok. When I am thin I have a great body. Think Marilyn Monroe at her skinniest without the breasts (A cup all the way). But women not as attractive as me ( which takes a lot as I am not pretty), heavier than me, no where near as smart as me, or as accomplished get guys. But somewhere along the way I realized I am ok. I still get down when I gain weight. Hate I am not pretty. That I am the least attractive female in my family. But I am pretty amazing. And if others don't realize it it's their loss. I am not going to settle. And I am a lot older than you. I hope you find the love of your life. I still hope I do. But if I don't it's ok. I am still a pretty amazing person. I don't need a guy to prove that to me. And I never will. :)

Yes you are.

Lefty1290 wrote: »
    Ha! :smiley: That made me laugh because I recognize that!

Ditto. I would have made sure I was the LAST person off that court. I am that stubborn.
  • Oberon21
    Options
    I may semi own 706-707. They are singing Otis Redding now. Time for bed! My 5 am run is right around the corner. G'night all!