Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    brandi9172 wrote: »
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

OMG... I despise threads like that. I sometimes catch a glimpse of a thread title and just think how freaking pathetic is this?..... If you as an adult are sooo co-dependent you feel the need to seek the approval from other strangers on the internet, you got bigger issues than struggling weight loss!
  • m1xm0d3
    m1xm0d3 Posts: 1,576 Member
    Options
    Confession... I am about to eat almost a whole head of cooked cabbage sans any oil or fatty stuffs. Just a quick spray of Pam before I threw it in the pan. At least I'll be full afterwards.
  • noaddedsugarx
    noaddedsugarx Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    Confession... I am about to eat almost a whole head of cooked cabbage sans any oil or fatty stuffs. Just a quick spray of Pam before I threw it in the pan. At least I'll be full afterwards.

All that cabbage could cause some serious smelly farts afterwards too :D
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »

I just ate 3/4 of a bag of cooked broccoli slaw..it was delicious and very filling!

• LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I confess that most of the threads in the Chit - Chat section drive me absolutely bonkers. "Would you kiss the person above" "Compliment the person above" Blah blah blah. I guess because it's blatant compliment fishing maybe...or perhaps because there are a ton of married/partnered people out there flirting and being inappropriate with other people. I don't know...but it grosses me out. So I try not to look at even the titles...and I never click in. Did it once...won't make that mistake again, lol. :dizzy:

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)
  • bgheald2010
    bgheald2010 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've been doing really well and in fact, lost five pounds in two and a half weeks. I'm trying to justify a 600 calorie microwave brownie on a non chat day...

• BumbleBreeBuzz
    BumbleBreeBuzz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I log things like stretching and let myself eat back all the calories even though I know the calorie burns from MFP are ridiculous. That's for days I need a little extra flexibility, e.g. if I've gone out and had a drink or two.

My other confession is that occasionally I've had extra cals after midnight and logged them for the next day.

I do the same thing! Haha
  • WestCoastJo82
    WestCoastJo82 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    xMrBunglex wrote: »
    My boyfriend isn't attracted to me anymore because I've gained weight.....I Haven't had sex in five years and it has honestly given me a bit of depression!!!! :'(

I hope that's because you killed him 4.5 years ago...!
    Dude. I second (or third or fourth - I'm pretty behind right now) this response. This guy sounds like a major a**hat.

• WestCoastJo82
    Options
    ShibaEars wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »
    KylerJaye wrote: »
    Chaelaz wrote: »
    JPW1990 wrote: »
    ["That" older guy isn't as rare as you think.

@JPW1990 I know it isn't rare. Have many a friends who upon getting divorced suddenly find themselves in the company of much younger company. I shake my head as a older guy, but honestly there is a LOT of draw to it. Mostly it can capture that feeling of fleeting youth. Ya know, Jerry Lee Lewis "Middle Aged Crazy, trying to prove he still can...".

I am pretty grounded, but who knows. Was just thinking out loud. No plans for divorce or younger women at this point. :)

honestly, this is why at 34 i'm pretty sure i'm gonna be alone.
    totally not judging you (after my parents divorced my dad spent years dating younger gals and then five years ago married a girl that is ONE year older than ME. i judge him ;) )
    anytime i go out i can't help but feel like i don't belong. there are young, stunning girls EVERYwhere, i can't imagine anyone settling for my older, pudgy butt. plus i'm also pretty sarcastic and b*tchy. B)
    but seeing how i'm the reason my current relationship tanked, i really don't have anyone else to blame.
    it's still kinda disappointing though.

I would too!

Don't give up on finding someone, I'm only 29 and sometimes it's hard since most gals my age are married or in committed relationships but most the time I'm happy as I have the rest of my life to be with someone may as well enjoy my "singleness" now. You'll find someone!! You are very pretty!

Agree that you are very pretty, plus you're pretty funny going off your additions to this thread and you will meet someone. I met my husband when I was 35 and got married at 37. I seriously thought there was something wrong with me. I used to tell myself I was "fundamentally unloveable". Everyone else said it would happen for me, they were right and I was wrong.

I must be an anomaly. I was reading through the past few days posts and wondering how people can only come up with a couple of things positive to say about themselves. And, why would anybody think that because they don't have somebody that there is something wrong with them? I never really thought I had super high self esteem, but I've always known my worth.

I am speaking for myself, but... you look around and all you see is "happy" couples and people dating, and there... is... nothing... going on with you. And I know I shouldn't compare myself to others, but I see some people who are just awful human beings and they are with someone. And then it's like "how come they can find someone, and I can't?" So you start to think there is something wrong with yourself and you must be completely unattractive.

I'm on marriage #2 (who loves me bc I'm sarcastic and b*tchy - to tie into another thread comment) . I'm pretty sure I faked the happy couple when out in public with husband #1 - I was unbelievably lonely and frustrated, and felt devalued as a person more and more each day. Not everything is as it seems.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    MoHousdon wrote: »
    I am officially at my goal weight as of today. I think that I would like to try putting on muscle and getting back up about 5-8 lbs.

Wahoo!
    I say I'm attempting a recomp now, but it just feels like maintaining - I'm not convinced I'm actually shifting about the percentages.
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

Rock it!
  • WestCoastJo82
    Options
    It appears I own page 706 ;)
  • ikeepstriving
    ikeepstriving Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My confession: I watch Food Network just so I can imagine eating the foods they show/cook on Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives. I also watch Travel Channel -- Man vs. Food-- for the same reason. Gotta stop doing that...:(
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    It appears I own page 706 ;)

Yay! Your posts are always entertaining!
  • misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Huge massive NSV for me last night. I'm on TOM currently and all I want at this time is salt, grease, fat. (McDonalds, basically.) And I didn't stop myself in time yesterday at lunchtime and ended up getting quite a bit. The NSV part is that I logged it, listened to my stomach at dinner time and recognised that I was not actually hungry, and stayed under maintenance for the day! *does the happy dance*

Also, I have just discovered they remade my favourite hot chocolate drink and now they only have 47 calories. And I only need to add a little milk, so the whole drink is under 100. I'm so happyyyyyyyy~
  • candacekate
    candacekate Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    kbmnurse wrote: »
    I still sneak a smoke once in a awhile. UGGGG I know

I recently had a problem always going to the tim hortons in our hospital on my second break for a croissant (which I DIP IN BUTTER) so the only thing I could think of to quit doing that is to smoke on my second break. I'm an ex smoker and Now I feel like I am trying to use it was a 'get thin quick' scheme.. while getting stinky :( I can't quit bread or baked goods it seems
  • Oberon21
    Oberon21 Posts: 13,235 Member
    Options
    LBuehrle8 wrote: »

I hear ya! I'm single and I've honestly never been to that thread! Seriously search my name you won't find it! Not a fan, I'm here for my health not to find a date :)

Well now you are not really single...

But I am and I can't stand when people start all the overt flirting and innuendo. I leave those threads immediately. That is not why I am here. If I wanted that I would go to match.com.
  • KylerJaye
    KylerJaye Posts: 861 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I'm on my phone and I totally can't manage the quote/comment/not lose your place thing...

I'm also pretty drunk right now so I apologize in advance. like really, I usually abandon the website after I leave work (which I think benefits everyone), not sure how I got here now.... dang alerts!

I hauled butt on the treadmill today (tried running for the first time, lmfao, didn't make it far!) , but I still haven't made up for all my calories. And i'm still hungry! I just want to stuff my face, be drunk, and be thin! It's that too much to ask? lol

Btw: corsets are totally sexy

• Oberon21
    Options
    FroggyBug wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    It's a great movie.

I'm super picky about sunscreen.. read too many stories about how toxic they can be.

www.ewg.org/2015sunscreen/ was an eye opener.

Wow, I've never really heard/thought about it being toxic...thanks for the info. I don't really use it too often (I know I should). I'm usually an indoor person. I do try to use it when I know I'll be outside for a while (like my birthday bbq or a concert etc).

I agree I ever really thought about it either. I guess I can feel better about never actually using it. Of course the whopping skin cancer on my arm I haven't taken care of may not be any better....
  • Oberon21
    Options
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I'm scared of sounding a little bit silly here... but I wanted to feel really good about myself, so a few weeks back I ordered a corset. It came today and I put it on and I'm LOVING IT. I actually feel kind of sexy in this thing!! This is a little embarrassing... :lol:

Anything that makes you feel sexy is a good thing :)

AGREED!