Confession Time! ((ABSOLUTELY NO JUDGEMENT))

Options

Replies

• Lois_1989
    Lois_1989 Posts: 6,406 Member
    Options
    pofoster21 wrote: »
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    New confession. Yup, I did just fall asleep at my desk for 15mins. I think this thread is an obsession because the first thing I thought of when I woke up was to tell you guys about it.

I don't know if I should be concerned about this or not...

These days when something happens to me, the first thing I think about is when can I tell you guys.

Plus, you have now replaced my previous evening occupation of going to a bar, eating dinner, drinking wine and reading the newspaper or a book. Now I come home, drink coffee and try to catch up. I count this as a win in my ongoing attempt to quit drinking totally....still not successful but this visiting you guys instead is helping!

Ahhh well it's good that this thread has replaced some bad habits. I'm excluding the newspaper and books, because no-one should ignore books. :smile:
  • Susieq_1994
    Susieq_1994 Posts: 5,361 Member
    Options
    RAELYNN JUST PEED IN HER POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!! Yes, that deserves yelling, I'm so happy and proud of her!!!!!!

That's WONDERFUL!! :) As a former nursery teacher, I know how frustrating potty training can be, and with her SPD I'm sure it's even worse. You must be dancing around the house right now! ;)
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 glad your little one is feeling better and that she used her potty!
  • Glinda1971
    Glinda1971 Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    @nonoelmo I'm happy your daughter enjoyed the Zumba class.

I keep thinking I should try a video of those. I like to dance.
  • LBuehrle8
    LBuehrle8 Posts: 4,044 Member
    Options
    I'm on a cereal kick right now :) It cannot be helped.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    Still haven't caught up but I probably won't bother with yesterday's posts at this point.

I'm slowly losing my mind over my cat who's been pacing the house meowing every night at 3am for a few days. At least this time I managed to go back to sleep right away, but still. SO ANNOYING.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Options
    m1xm0d3 wrote: »
    kelly_c_77 wrote: »
    My son and I were playing outside a little earlier and I noticed just how bad our rose bushes and flower garden have gotten overrun with weeds. I started pulling the weeds and of course, he wanted "to help"...so I let him toss the pulled weeds into a pile. Anyway, some neighbors walked by and started chatting with him and asked what he was up to. His reply? "Just doing weed with Mama"!! I almost died....and quickly cleared it up that we were WEEDING not doing weed.

This is so funny!!!

And I LOVED the furbaby photos!!!

I've mentioned before that I still smoke cigarettes, which I do in the garage. One day my son and the neighbor kid were in the garage and the neighbor kid said our garage was stinky. My son said, "yeah, mom smokes drugs in here". Uh, no!

HAHAHA! Better nip that misconception and quick!

Ha! Good thing you were there...after my son telling our neighbors that he was "doing weed with Mama"...I'm very nervous to think of what he says when I'm not right there to correct him! Eeee!!!
  • FroggyBug
    FroggyBug Posts: 4,883 Member
    Options
    Uh oh, found this one page 8.

Hopefully this doesn't offend you @Susieq_1994 (I don't think it would but wanted to put a warning).

Confession:
    For some reason I thought of one of my embarrassing moments today. I worked in an office as a contractor and sometimes they would close the office if we got a lot of snow. When we closed we would have to call the main office to let them know. I called and a guy I had talked to before answered so I let him know we were closed and were chatting. He said sometime like, "You are so lucky. I'm stuck here all day" and my response was, "Yea, I really wish I could get you off." I meant it as let him have the day off too but sometimes my mouth seems to work faster than my brain (this is why I prefer typing over talking). He was just like, "Uh ok then I'll let you go now." :s
  • kelly_c_77
    Options
    POF: sorry you are feeling sad. You should try to address it with your boss. If you can

Thanks. Its pointless. My company is just not like that. I am over it now. Just more ammunition on why the culture of this company is terrible. But I appreciate the sentiment.

Crappy situation. You mentioned it was Verizon, right? Just be happy that your state wasn't one that they sold to Fairpoint. That's what happened to my husband..worked for Verizon, Fairpoint bought it...all has gone to crap. :(
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options

Hope this works! Might be huge..if so, I apologize.

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

That's awesome. My two year old climbed on my back a few weeks ago when I was doing push ups. It was pretty funny!
  • kelly_c_77
    edited June 2015
    Options

Wow that's a lot of cats (super cute, too)! I forget who else had a bunch, including a pregnant porch kitty, you might might give that person a run for their money in the cat hoarding war ;)

That would be @pofoster21, if I'm not mistaken. And my family owns 14 cats, so I think they beat everyone. O.o

It is me. 4 in the home now, 2 on the porch, and 2 at the barn. I have to admit 4 in the home is a lot now when I feed. And the politics of who gets fed where...exhausting. But Cobweb is doing great (latest addition, you all went through that with me). He is the sweetest cat.

He likes to jump on the 1/2 wall between the toilet and the vanity when I get out of the shower and while I dry myself off he reaches out to me, to be petted, etc. The other day, I bent over drying my legs and he proceeded to walk onto my back and lay down! So there I am, stark naked, with a purring cat laying on my back and licking my wet hair. I crouched down to try and get him to walk off me, but he resettled himself and kept purring away. I finally had to slowly stand until he slid off, praying all the time he wouldn't grab me with his claws to stay on. If I had had a camera and wasn't such a prude, I would have taken a selfie and posted it (but yes, I was stark naked, so probably that wouldn't be allowed on here!).

6xohddehd56f.jpg

Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

6xohddehd56f.jpg

Ok, sorry that this is giant...I haven't a clue how to shrink it. But, I just wanted to share what our feeding time looks like... :)
    They all have their own bowls and go right to them when it's time to eat! Such good little piglets!

Awesome. Kinda makes me cringe though, just imagining all those meowing at 3am every night like mine does...
  • xLoveLikeWinterx
    xLoveLikeWinterx Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 yayyyyy for her using the potty!!!! That's a milestone and I know how excited you are! Our 3.5 yr old is finally starting to get potty training with no accidents but it was a LONG battle to get to this point.

@pofoster21 I was contemplating going back for my DBA, but it is completely irrelevant for my occupation unless I want to adjunct. I can do that with my MBA/MS (if they ever officially accept me to the freakin program!!) so a DBA isn't in the cards for me. I'd still love to do it, though.

As for me, I hit normal BMI today, yay! Had a woosh yesterday and today so I'm now considered "normal". I ordered the sunglasses to celebrate. I really needed that because I'm working SO hard on this and when the doubts creep in and "Well maybe I can still be ok being chubby" runs through my brain, I can at least tell myself I'm now in a normal range and to keep going. I darn sure do not want to undo all this work, and I'm now 7.5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #2. Another 8 lbs to go and I'll be under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #1.

I'm a goober because I actually shed a tear or two this morning when I saw my weight. DH is working 12 hour days, the baby has a double ear infection, I'm exhausted and have not been feeling like I'm very super great lately. It was nice to see some validation :)
  • kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    Lois_1989 wrote: »
    kecmw25 wrote: »
    I tripped and fell during my run this morning. I am thankful that my dog showed geniune concern for me instead of laughing.

Awww I hope you're okay, the bolded did make me smile though. I always found it funny how they instantly start sniffing your face to see if you're okay. Almost like they are trying to sniff out tears. Or was that just my dog?

Nope, that's exactly what she did!

@spacequiztime, thanks! I am not anymore sore today than I was yesterday so I think I'm gonna give it another go tomorrow. I have fallen while walking her before too but that is usually during winter when I hit an icy patch I didn't see. I remember one time I fell pretty hard and bumped my head. I sat on the ground for a second and looked up and thought there was someone looking out of their window. I quickly got up and finished our walk. On the way back, we passed the same house and the "someone" was still there. It was some strange shadow silouhette in their window.
  • kellienw335
    kellienw335 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    As for me, I hit normal BMI today, yay! Had a woosh yesterday and today so I'm now considered "normal". I ordered the sunglasses to celebrate. I really needed that because I'm working SO hard on this and when the doubts creep in and "Well maybe I can still be ok being chubby" runs through my brain, I can at least tell myself I'm now in a normal range and to keep going. I darn sure do not want to undo all this work, and I'm now 7.5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #2. Another 8 lbs to go and I'll be under my pre-pregnancy weight with son #1.

I'm a goober because I actually shed a tear or two this morning when I saw my weight. DH is working 12 hour days, the baby has a double ear infection, I'm exhausted and have not been feeling like I'm very super great lately. It was nice to see some validation :)

That's awesome! I know I'll cry when I get back to pre-pregnancy weight from my first kiddo, who is now SEVEN! Made it to pre-pregnancy weight from my second kiddo, who is two, last week and it felt so good!
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    nonoelmo wrote: »
    I rejoined a gym in the last week. There are many gyms in the area but the one I prefer and feel very comfortable taking my kids to workout with me is kind of expensive. I had quit it for a year to catch up on things financially and tried to keep active in many other ways. Recently I decided that my daughter really enjoyed it and I want to support anything she enjoys these days. Tonight we went to a Zumba class at her request. It was 75 minutes of me flailing around as ungainly as possible. Daughter loved it and smiled more in that class than I've seen in a long time. Worth the cost of admission. I did a couple of calculators and based on my weight I think I burned around 500 calories in that time. I know I was pushing myself to stay as high intensity as I could. Is 500 calories for 1.25 hours a reasonable estimate? I'm on the very little side. I don't often log food and I even more rarely log exercise. I also lifted weights (didn't even try to figure that out) and got a decent amount of walking in during the day. I feel that I am keeping my nice slow steady goal of gradually losing another few pounds.

I put it in my exercise tracker, and it wanted to give me 972 calories for 75 minutes. I've done Zumba before, I know it can be exhausting if you're going all out. 500 calories would be almost 50% of MFP's estimate. So, I would say yes. Sounds reasonable to me.
  • xMrBunglex
    xMrBunglex Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

Awesome. Kinda makes me cringe though, just imagining all those meowing at 3am every night like mine does...

Our cat Moxie has this thing where she knows when the alarm is going to go off, and she starts meowing about 20-30 minutes ahead of time. We'll tell her to knock it off, and then she will go in the bathroom, and open & slam the cupboards!

She gets on her hind legs, grabs the top of the cupboard door, walks backwards about a foot, and then lets it go. BANG!

I'm to the point where on weekends, I'll put the laundry basket in front of the cupboards to thwart her efforts.

SHE IS SUCH A PUNK.

• kecmw25
    kecmw25 Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    RAELYNN JUST PEED IN HER POTTY FOR THE FIRST TIME!!!!!!! Yes, that deserves yelling, I'm so happy and proud of her!!!!!!

Super great!! Way to go Raelynn!! and congrats mommy!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

Aww how adorable. Does he ever try to jump in the shower?
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    @raelynnsmama52512 yayyyyy for her using the potty!!!! That's a milestone and I know how excited you are! Our 3.5 yr old is finally starting to get potty training with no accidents but it was a LONG battle to get to this point.

@pofoster21 I was contemplating going back for my DBA, but it is completely irrelevant for my occupation unless I want to adjunct. I can do that with my MBA/MS (if they ever officially accept me to the freakin program!!) so a DBA isn't in the cards for me. I'd still love to do it, though.

That is SUPER GREAT!