Replies

• jaggerhawks
    jaggerhawks Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    115Everest wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    BennyCH wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    This is insane. Weight naturally fluctuates. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and your weight loss will happen.

Also, I don't blame you for overdoing it after a medically necessary fast.

Yes I know right :D - but it's an experiment, and I really want to say that I lost 44 lbs in 6 months + I'm going to US in July for 4 weeks, so...

It's an experiment in decimating your LBM and feeling weak, getting inadequate nutrition and reinforcing bad approaches to weight loss...that's what it is

Agreed. Anyone supporting this is lacks a basic understanding of nutrition. I'm the same height, and I would legitimately waste away. 3000 calories is my maintenance, if I'm not lifting very much or getting enough sleep.

*Completely loses interest in this thread and drifts off into a fantasy of what life would be like if 3000 calories a day was my maintenance...*

The amount of calories (or lack thereof) that many people on here consume just astounds me. With the right type of training and diet, people can greatly raise their calories from 1200-1500, the traditional range for weight loss. As a trainer, I've seen firsthand what eating a proper amount can do.

For reference, I can consume 3200 while training. My gf consumes around 2400 calories, and she's very petite. Clients have had the same experience.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    I've seen quite a few manorexic Brits around here. Do they have a different aesthetic for the male body than we do here in the states?

eta: not only do they want to be super skinny, they also seem to want as high a percentage of body fat as possible at the same time. Is skinny-fat the fashion in the UK now?
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Merkavar wrote: »
    Wow you seem to be over complicating this. Fasting, low this high that etc way to complicated/restrictive for me.

How much were you eating before the vlc diet you just started?

I did the following before, I still had 1340kcal (sedentary) but if I e.g. was exercising lets 1000 kcal/day, I added those 1000 kcal to my daily allowance => 2340 kcal

I wouldn't say that 1200 kcal is fasting

Pretty close to fasting it is 50% of your daily requirements to maintain, yikes.
    If you are doing Keto, why are you also throwing in IF? Neither of which is required for weight/fat loss.

with only your 40ish lbs to lose your goal should have been to lose 1 lb/week, and down to 0.5 for the last 10 or so.

That said, since you are only looking at such a large deficit over two weeks, the worst that will happen is a large % of the 2-5 lbs will come from lean muscle, not just fat. If you are okay with that, have at it.
  • NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner
    NobodyPutsAmyInTheCorner Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    I'm getting incredibly annoyed with the flagging system here. How is what I said AT ALL abusive???? I despair completely.
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options
    I'm getting incredibly annoyed with the flagging system here. How is what I said AT ALL abusive???? I despair completely.
    OP is probably flagging anyone that openly and strongly disagrees with his "experiment".
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Mean mean meanie mean.

I got a flag too. :frowning:
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    I'm scared.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    Flagged for popcorn. Win!
  • senecarr
    senecarr Posts: 5,377 Member
    Options

Mean mean meanie mean.

I got a flag too. :frowning:

451681.jpg
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    Ah what the heck,

OP- I'm a 5'7 female and I get 1650 calories a day. 1,200 rarely is enough calories for anyone regardless male or female.

Run your numbers through here: http://scoobysworkshop.com/. Don't run yourself into the ground trying to eat too little.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    Options

Maybe he got confused and thought you were trying to say his post was "Ludacris."

As you can clearly see, his post is not Ludacris:

ludacris-buys-home-mug.jpg
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    115Everest wrote: »
    rabbitjb wrote: »
    SLLRunner wrote: »
    This is insane. Weight naturally fluctuates. Eat at a moderate calorie deficit and your weight loss will happen.

Also, I don't blame you for overdoing it after a medically necessary fast.

Yes I know right :D - but it's an experiment, and I really want to say that I lost 44 lbs in 6 months + I'm going to US in July for 4 weeks, so...

It's an experiment in decimating your LBM and feeling weak, getting inadequate nutrition and reinforcing bad approaches to weight loss...that's what it is

Agreed. Anyone supporting this is lacks a basic understanding of nutrition. I'm the same height, and I would legitimately waste away. 3000 calories is my maintenance, if I'm not lifting very much or getting enough sleep.

*Completely loses interest in this thread and drifts off into a fantasy of what life would be like if 3000 calories a day was my maintenance...*

The amount of calories (or lack thereof) that many people on here consume just astounds me. With the right type of training and diet, people can greatly raise their calories from 1200-1500, the traditional range for weight loss. As a trainer, I've seen firsthand what eating a proper amount can do.

For reference, I can consume 3200 while training. My gf consumes around 2400 calories, and she's very petite. Clients have had the same experience.

I know what you mean, but not everyone is physically able to do the kind of training that creates the demand for that kind of intake.

That said, yeah, 1200 is like whoa. I could never do it.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options

maybe some people need a reminder what the flagging system is for lol

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10007789/flagged-content-reported-posts-warning-points#latest
  • SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage
    SarcasmIsMyLoveLanguage Posts: 2,671 Member
    Options
    Flagged for popcorn. Win!
    Flagged of asking for popcorn! Maybe because it's carbs and carbs are de debil?

• tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I've seen quite a few manorexic Brits around here. Do they have a different aesthetic for the male body than we do here in the states?

eta: not only do they want to be super skinny, they also seem to want as high a percentage of body fat as possible at the same time. Is skinny-fat the fashion in the UK now?

Last time I was over there, there just wasn't the same kind of fitness culture as there was in the US and Canada at the time. I saw a lot of people hiking, maybe, or playing football/soccer, but otherwise, not so much. There weren't even a ton of gyms, or not on the scale that there is here. Might be different now.
  • LateWinterWolf90
    LateWinterWolf90 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    This thread.
    g2sk19tjl3lk.jpg
    GO TO YOUR ROOM!
  • BennyCH
    BennyCH Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    LLduds wrote: »
    As you learned during your 24 hour fast, you don't respond well to food deprivation. So your response to the post-deprivation binge is to go back into deprivation mode? Sorry, I'm not following your logic. You seem to be asking for another binge.....

Ikr :) and as I said I'm going to US and I really love American food, so the binge will happen anyway - yes I'm a weak carboholic

again it's just an experiment for 2 weeks to see what happens and to see where my limits goes

thanks for the concerns but most of you have to lighten up a little I will not shrivel up and die...