Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Replies

• NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    Just read something from MyFittnessPal "Hello Healthy" that I wanted to share with you ... it's about having a 'fallout plan" ... a good read indeed.

https://blog.myfitnesspal.com/the-1-thing-everyone-needs-to-lose-weight-successfully/?utm_source=mfp&utm_medium=Facebook
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Hi All,
    A quiet day today which can be a good thing. Today, was quiet for me except that my Mom and I went shopping and I was able to pick up a couple of cute skorts and shorts. Spent the afternoon relaxing since my Abs were sore from yesterday's aerobic class. Tonight was mowing the lawn for exercise instead. Tomorrow, I am trying a new class that is run in a Boot Camp Style workout. This is one way that I will be fitting in weight training throughout the week. Hopefully, the class will go well and I will enjoy it.

Truth- I am having a hard time staying on my plan. I know I need to run but that may or not happen tomorrow after the workout. I would like to run but I am going shopping with my brother tomorrow so will need to get home. The running may need to wait until Saturday or Sunday, since I am getting my haircut on Saturday. I will do my best to make everything happen and get it done.

Have a great day.
  • cblue315
    cblue315 Posts: 3,836 Member
    Hello to all,

@NK1112 - Thanks for the link. One thing I learned along the way "If you fail to plan, you plan to fail". When I plan I rarely fail.

The play with my sister was great. I highly recommend it. The Dixie Swim Club is a comedy about 5 women who are on a swim team in college and meet for a week at a beach house in NC every year. How thier lives change over the years. Loads of good one liners.

I was up 2 pounds at weigh in this week and am very frustrated with myself. I had such great resolve over the winter but it has all left me.

I have to re-visit some of my daily mantras and get back on track. I will get below 180!

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @lori-- glad the play was good. I've also been up near the higher end of my normal 5 lb range. At first I was frustrated b/c last week I was a bit lower. Then I looked at the calendar and realized it's the week of the month when I'm usually at my heaviest due to water retention. Regardless of what's causing your gain and lack of resolve, don't be too hard on yourself. Even tri-athletes need a break now and then. You are such an inspiration!

@laurie-- I also did some shopping today. Got a cute pair of Coach sneakers and a new pair of bathing suit bottoms. Now if only the weather would cooperate so I can go swimming this weekend in Lake Geneva. It's supposed to dry out, but not sure how warm it will get. Crossing my fingers. I hope you enjoy the Boot Camp class--I have a friend who's been going to one for years and loves it.

@niki-- once again, loved the article!

AFM-- Second day of PT went well, then did some shopping as I mentioned above. Ate lunch out with a friend and it was delicious. I logged as best I could, but I suspect the numbers are low. The search for the sandwich yielded results that seemed either too high or too low (around 500 or around 1000). I chose one that was a bit over 600, but I believe it was probably more like 800. I only ate half the sandwich and ordered grilled asparagus as my side (rather than fries), then I ate the other half sandwich for dinner. I may go back into my diary and adjust the serving sizes to match my guess at calories.

Tomorrow I'm headed up to Lake Geneva for the weekend where my friends and I will do the 5k trail run Saturday. The weather looks good for the event.

Thursday Truth:
    I'm not looking forward to Independence Day at all. Gunner was up half the night again last night due to thunder storms and they weren't even that bad. Hoping the doc's go ahead to give him a higher dose of the tranquilizers works for the big show on the 4th. We will probably also have to drug him for the 3rd b/c some neighboring towns have their shows that night. My poor puppy is going to have quite a hangover on the 5th. :(

June Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 25/30 days -- 12/25

Exercise = run 10 x minimum this month including at least one 8k.
    5/10 runs; 1/1 8ks

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + PT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE + PT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--Bigfoot 5k Trail Run

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    I'm posting my Thursday truth a day late.
    I'm here every day lurking. I am really struggling with everything. I've let life get me off track, and I can't seem to get back on. I have gained 10# since March! I just feel like I'm floundering and don't know where to start to get back on track. The only thing that I am doing right is exercise. I'm still going to water aerobics. It's been too hot to walk. This week is supposed to be in the triple digits for 6 days starting today. It doesn't cool off very good at night when it gets that hot during the day.
    Healthwise things are a bit of a struggle, too. Yesterday I had my bridge taken out and 2 teeth extracted. It went well, but I have a sore mouth. DH's health is a real concern. We started the log of blood pressure and pulse as directed by the cardiologist. His numbers are all over the board, mostly way too high. We were supposed to do it for a week and then send it to him, but I'm going to send it today. If nothing else, I need to be reassured that it's okay.
    You all continue to inspire me. I won't do personals because I need to get some breakfast for us before the dr. offices open so I can take care of the issues.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Good morning everyone.

Happy National Canoe Day

Give thanks for what you are now, and keep fighting for what you want to be tomorrow. ~Fernanda Miramontes-Landeros

11857432.png

Tom
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Good morning everyone! Well, I have not hit my fitness goals for the week. Apparently my procrastination took over and I was too busy making a cake and cleaning and laundry. I did see a drop in weight though so that is exciting…I am now in the 250s (that 260# has been a tough spot for me)., so yay!

@Niki…glad you’ve received good results from your testing.
    @Laurie…sounds like you are having a great start to your summer. I’ve heard great things about boot camps.
    @Karen…enjoy your time at Lake Geneva – I wish good weather for you. Our past dogs have never had a problem with fireworks (although our one dog could jump over a chair during thunder storms). We’ll see how Tucker does.
    @Kaye…keep plugging away and you can do it. You have a lot on your plate right now and if you can only focus on one thing, give yourself permission. Prayers that the doctors can get a grasp of your husband’s health issues and find the right solution for them.

AFM…I got all my laundry done and the main rooms of the house cleaned. I have the lists for everyone else (it’s amazing how I can juggle all the dates/times etc for the entire household, but my husband can’t remember where and what time to drop Emma off for two days without it written down). I am packed and ready to head out the door at 11:45 today. Whoo hoo to a relaxing vacation to Minneapolis!

Have a great weekend…see you Tuesday!

Monday: Cardio - DONE
    Tuesday: Lift – DONE plus a little cardio
    Wednesday: Cardio – NOT DONE
    Thursday: Lift – NOT DONE
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday/Sunday: Trip to Minneapolis…my goal is to get lots of steps in.
  • GOINSTD12
    GOINSTD12 Posts: 331 Member
    I am struggling, trying to stay afloat and take care of my hubs and myself at the same time. I am now having to take leave without pay whenever I need to stay home and take care of him. I've submitted paperwork to request leave donations (one nice perk of being a fed worker) but I don't expect much.... when I had cancer I only got 65 hours donated from everyone I know, and 60 hours from the leave bank pool - and that was just last year. Who knows what if any I will get this year - I never had to take lwop last year but this year (because of last year) I am. And DH's illness is such that unless we can get daily home health care for him, I expect to have to take quite a bit of time off, for an unspecified length of time. I am feeling depressed and sleep deprived, and he's not even home from the rehab facility yet. There's so much to do to try to make our home safer and more wheelchair friendly for him, and only me to do it. I am so tired, because I stayed up til 6 this am trying to get just one little area of my house fixed up, and only 3 hrs sleep. I just want to cry right now.
  • Lauriek70
    Goinstd- As the primary caregiver you must take time for yourself and that means sleeping at night. Check with the local health department or even the nursing home to see if there are groups who can come in to help get your house handicapped ready. In addition, there are also support organizations that have people come in for specific time periods throughout the day. They can provide some medical assistance, reassurance and even help with the cleaning and cooking. These are worth looking into to give you a sense of peace. Are you spending the time off at the nursing home or working on your house? Just remember that he is in a good place at the nursing home with people to help him. There also may be a community organization that could help you get the house ready for your husband to return. The issues you are dealing with are not easy and it are very emotional and physically draining on a daily basis, do your best to find time for yourself, rest and recharge. I am still waiting for my Dad to get released from the nursing home but I know when he comes home we will have multiple issues to deal with again.

Kaye- My heart goes out to you and your hubby. I hope they get the cardiac issues resolved and that your mouth stops hurting. Getting back on track pick one thing and start with that, something easy for you to control. Keep going to water aerobics.

Karen- Enjoy the lake and the run this weekend. I hope the weather cooperates so you can swim. The rain you are getting is hitting us tomorrow so we have flooding expected.

Morgori- I will need to find my way to the water to do some canoeing or kayaking this weekend.

tlh- Congrats on the weight loss.

I have also been experiencing an uptick in weight this week and I am very frustrated. It is causing me to lose my resolve to lose the 10 pounds I want to drop this summer. The bright side is that I have found 2 classes that I will enjoy this summer. The Boot Camp style class this morning was fun and challenging. It was a mix of strength training, core work and cardio. The best part of the cardio, I was able to get the running in and focus on stride instead of just running. I will do this class again. The other class that I liked was the aerobic class.

Monday will be a challenging day but I will see what happens. Aerobics at 7:45, Boot Camp at 9 and a trainer workout at 5pm. Needless to say I won't be swimming on Monday night due to exhaustion or I don't want to push myself over the edge.

I hope everyone has a great weekend and can stay dry if you have rain expected.
  • cblue315
    @GOINSTD12 - My heart goes out to you. I so very much wish I could drive over to lend a hand. Please contact your local Lions Club. They will help you with the wheelchair accessability. In my area they will provide ramps and other things. The nursing home where hubby is should have a social worker. Please contact them and they should have a list of resources available in your area. Contact your church. Then see if there is a county services office that will help facilitate help for you. This is a huge undertaking. You need help. You need to ask in the right places. I know the people on this thread all feel for you. Please reach out to the places I've mentioned.

AFM - Today is my birthday. I will do my Sunday Share today.
    Today I am 55! I can run 5 miles, I can do a triathlon. I can bike 25 miles. I can lift heavy stuff. Today I did a Combat class. I loved it.

My life is good. Yes, I have asthma, carpal tunnel problems, a pinched nerve in my left hip. I have shin splints, I have plantar fasciitis. I have beaten or found a way to work around all of these issues.

Today I went to the gym, then the farm market. Went to the mall to find some clothes and came home with only a purse but it is really cute. Tonight hubby and I will go out to dinner and he bought a cake. I will have some. I am not tracking today. But I am not bingeing either. I have managed to do moderate portions so far today. I intend to do that with dinner as well.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • Lauriek70
    Lori- Happy Birthday, Best wishes for the years ahead. I loved your list of things that you can DO, it is very inspiring. Enjoy your day.

I had a great swim workout today, which was great. After breakfast and getting my haircut, went to the gym and walked the track for about 30 minutes or longer. Not exactly sure of the time I was there but I did mix in a little bit of running during the walk.

I want to piggy back on what Lori said about what I am able to do. When I think back to when I started this journey, I was not able to do that much but the more I exercised and worked on my weight, activities became easier and enjoyable. Now, I can say with confidence and pride that I am a swimmer, a biker, indoor rock climber, a runner, a triathlete and more importantly an active person.

Challenge- Everyone, take a moment to think about where you were when you started and list your accomplishments. What are you able to do now that you were not able to do when you started? It doesn't matter how long you have been at this journey since a success could be as simple as walking a little farther that you did before without getting out of breath.

Have a great Sunday.
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    edited June 2015
    @GOINSTD12 (Tracy)~I'm so sorry for everything you are going through right now and the stresses associated with it. I agree with the advice from Lori and Laurie, there are so many organizations out there that can assist you with getting your home ready for hubby to return and to help you--I wish I lived nearby so I could lend a helping hand. Remember to take care of you and look to organizations in your area (or your church if you belong to one) for help. Sending you virtual hugs.

@cblue315 (Lori)~Happy Birthday! You have made so much progress in so many areas, another reason to celebrate.

AFM~I followed-up with ortho on Thurs, I am transitioning out of boot. I still have to wear it to work and need to take it with me on both trips just in case I have a set-back. I've spent most of weekend out of it as a test, I do have pain but so far its been manageable--not any worse. I follow-up with him again after I return from Alaska. He talked to me about surgery--not as bad as I thought (in walking cast, so weight bearing--miss only 1-2 weeks of work), procedure is still quite extensive (remove bursa and lengthen Achilles) and its a long recovery (6-9 months) but my best option. We'll discuss it further when I see him in August and most likely schedule for October (since I'll be in a cast for 6 weeks, I'd rather wait until the heat of summer is over).

Work and life has been really busy lately and this upcoming week won't be any different, a lot of late nights at work I'm afraid--I have one project (budget) due by Tuesday and I have to finish month-end financials by Thursday since we're closed on Fri and I'm off Mon. Next weekend is my trip to CO (leave early Fri) to surprise and celebrate my parents for their 50th Anniversary. So yesterday I spent some time shopping in the morning, met friends for lunch, then more shopping in afternoon. I was hoping to get out for a bike ride today, but need to get a start on packing since I won't have a lot of time for that during the week. Also need to get to the grocery store and get some things organized around here--I have this thing about coming home to an immaculate house after a trip. On another note, cruise is 40-days from today--getting excited!!! :smiley:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Hi everyone, just popping to say hi. Been busy with work and doing a lot of activities after work and on weekends. I am thinking of looking for a new PT center closer to home. The one I go to is close to work, but I'm an hour from work and that stretches to 1.5 hrs after a physio session because it's rush hour by then.

I made myself a step challenge for the next 8 weeks to hopefully see a loss on the scale. Food has not been the greatest still so this may help, at the very least it will give me an extra hour or 2 during the day when I cannot put food in my mouth. I just finished week one today... 13k steps every day. Now I increase 1k steps per day for a week, and increase each week. By week 8 I will be getting 20k steps per day. The latter weeks sound frightening but my reasoning is that it's only 1000 steps more than I was doing before. I actually averaged 15,600 daily steps this past week so I think it will be doable. Tough, but I think some of that is mental too.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    @tanya-- I loathe driving in rush hour traffic, so I' think your plan to move to a PT center closer to home is genius. 20k steps is a lot, but you are so active, you can definitely do it.

@kelley-- glad you get to transition out of the boot, and that the surgery recovery isn't quite as bad as you anticipated. Enjoy your trip to surprise your parents. They're going to love it, I'm sure.

@tracy (goins)-- so sorry you are in such a stressful situation. It's wonderful that your work allows the sick leave donations. We have a sick leave bank, but it's only for the employees (not to take time off to care for family members). I have a colleague whose son has Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy and once she had used up all of her sick days, we tried to donate our days, but HR wouldn't let us. :( Laurie had some great suggestions for possible help--I hope some of them pan out for you.

@kaye-- I hope now that all of the party hoopla is over, you can find a way to get back on track.

@lori-- Ahoy matey and happy birthday!!! How was the pirate-themed race today? Did you dress up? Would love to see a picture!

@laurie-- I love that your turned lori's post into a little challenge! Here's my response:

Since I started MFP, I have run countless 5ks and even a couple of 8ks; I have done a few mud runs for fun; I completed the Rugged Maniac (still the hardest physical challenge to date). I confidently call myself a runner now.

Today I can move without instantly breaking into a sweat, but I can also make myself sweat by exercising hard; I can run 5 miles; I can lift heavy, do army style push-ups, and hold a decent plank (when I'm not injured). I truly enjoy exercising and going to the gym is a reward, not a punishment.

I can wear size 12 pants and size medium tops; I wear shorts and tank tops in the heat without a second thought about how I look in them; I can wear a swimsuit without (too much) cringing. I'm confident and comfortable in my clothes.

I can step on the scale without fear. One of my biggest breakthroughs to date happened about 2 years ago when I went to donate blood. The man checking me in asked my weight and without any hesitation or thought of lying, I said 185. No shame. No worries of judgment. It was the first time in my life I didn't think twice about revealing my real weight.

Sunday Share:
    I had a great time in Lake Geneva. The run was a lot of fun, and the weather was perfect. The friend I did it with isn't a runner, so I let her set the pace. I was really proud of how much of it she ran and of our time of just over 46 minutes, especially since it was muddy and fairly hilly. According to my friend's fitbit, we climbed the equivalent of 14 flights of stairs during the 5k.

After the race we went to her pool for a few hours; then we cleaned up and went into town for dinner and a little bit of shopping. Today I helped her clean out some of her house (she's selling it) before heading home. Now I'm doing laundry so I can pack to drive to South Haven, MI tomorrow. My sister rented a house there for the week, so DH and I will go for an overnight.

I didn't log any food over the weekend, but don't think I did too badly

June Challenge:
    Nutrition = At or over 90 grams of protein 25/30 days -- 12/25

Exercise = run 10 x minimum this month including at least one 8k.
    6/10 runs; 1/1 8ks

Run another 8k (Thanksgiving 8k = 56:49, NYE 8k = 57:47, 1/25 = 55:41; 2/28=55:15, 3/29 = 59:15; 5/9 = 59:16; 6/22 = 59:10)

Exercise Goals:
    Sun--walk gunner DONE
    Mon--walk gunner NOT DONE + gym DONE
    Tues--walk gunner NOT DONE + PT DONE
    Wed--walk gunner DONE + gym DONE
    Thurs--walk gunner NOT DONE + PT DONE
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--Bigfoot 5k Trail Run DONE

2015 Mantra = Just 15 minutes
  • cblue315
    Ahoy mates!
    The mud run was great fun and no doubt I will be doing more. I loved every dirty sweaty minute. Lots of obstacles including a very cold spring fed stream, a culvert, giant slip and slide, a trench we had to army crawl through and hills and ditches and. . . . You get the picture. I did not do a costume. But quite a few did.

8gwh6mfm3b3h.jpg

I weighed in on Saturday (not official) but I am down a couple more pounds and am no longer on the obese BMI! I want to happy dance, scream and shout! The last time I weighed this was when I was pregnant with my "baby" who is now 23.

My life is good. Yes, there is cr** going on with hubby and oldest son but I cannot do much about the way they choose to live their lives. I cannot keep food out of hubby's mouth and cannot keep drugs out of son's body.

I can choose to focus my energy on the things I can do something about. My life, my fitness, my business and my frame of mind. The serenity prayer plays big in my life these days. And I find it works.

Tough times don't last, tough people do.

Love to all,
    Lori <3
  • Heidi_Gregory
    Heidi_Gregory Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Everyone!
    I'm getting back to walking, logging my food and water intake, and caring about myself again...I started on MFP last year or so and gave up after about a 30lb loss. This time, I thought I'd reach out and actually talk to people, make a few MFP friends, and not give up...one day at a time.

Best Wishes All!,
    Heidi
  • pmary665
    pmary665 Posts: 10 Member
    Thank you @cblue315 for the information. I will have to check out the youtube exercises.
  • topathemorning
    topathemorning Posts: 346 Member
    Hey there, one more for the long road ahead.26 down, 100 to go!
  • NK1112
    NK1112 Posts: 781 Member
    edited June 2015
    Monday Check-in
    13541709.png

Back down a couple this week ... blood glucose was very good this morning also. This past week I tried eating supper like a pauper by switching my dinner salad to supper and eating my more dense carbs earlier in the day. Gonna keep that up this week also to see how that works.

Have a good week everyone, and enjoy the Independene Day celebrations this July 4th.
    Niki ... trying to follow-through

PS ...since I started my weight-loss journey I have seen improvement in my ability to walk without becoming breathless after just a few steps, even when my asthma is acting up. I've also progressed from using a cane or walker to being able to walk on my own.
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Good morning everyone. Life is going good in the northwest. I went on a fun camping trip with the hubby and brothers family over the weekend. We went up to a gorgeous lake in the mountains and then did a day trip from there to one of the coastal beaches I haven't been to before. The beach was great and had a great time exploring the tidal pools with the neice and nephew. I just loved the lake though. I haven't ever seen such clear beautiful water. It went from shades of clear to turquoise to midnight blue depending on the depth. It is a really deep lake estimated to be over 1000 feet at the deepest point. My hubby actually got in and played with us Saturday afternoon which was amazing. He never gets in "cold" water. It was kind of funny because I was just swimming and paddling around and everyone else was playing on a variety of floaties for the most part. The kiddos kept asking why I didn't get on one but I just wanted to be in the water and play. Spent a lot of time pulling them around which they loved :)

@goins I am sorry you are having such a hard time right now. I urge you to reach out to some community resources and try to find some help. The emotional toll right now is almost to much to handle I know so I hope you can find help with the other stuff.

@grandmakaye Don't stress yourself to much about a few pounds. Just focus on getting you and hubby healthier. Hopefully the docs will be able to come up with a better plan when they see the logs you are keeping

Well the dogs are losing their minds and think they want walked so we better get out before it gets to hot. Have a great day everyone and just continue being the best you that you can be :)