Replies

• NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    heading to bed, but better report my mileage :wink: 2.35 miles
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Another less than stellar day. Not sure of my final calorie count as we ate out, and I have fallen victim to some cookies today. DH wanted to see Spiderman so I gave in. I told him exactly what it was going to be before we went, (Superhero doing impossible things and stuff getting blown up all over the place), but he enjoyed it. We also got some herbs for my herb garden and some tomato plants.
    My total walk today: 3 miles.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Hansea - thanks for the shoe info. I have heard Brooks mentioned time after time as one of the all time best shoes, so glad to hear thats what you got! :flowerforyou:

Rainwood - great effort on your part - passing up a cronut - I've not tried one yet, so that would have been very hard for me! Praying for success on your last hard push and your papers and all great works of inspiration! :drinker: Have fun at your party.

Laurie - thanks - great job on the May Challenge record keeping.

AFM - looked at 2 used matching wingback chairs today that I'm considering purchasing for my living room. I don't have nice chairs for guests, I do have a nice sofa and my recliner then I have 2 sort of junked out chairs that don't match on either end of a long table that got left against the long wall of the LR because it wouldn't fit down the hall into any other room. The only problem is I was hoping to find chairs in blue or cream. These chairs are upholstered beautifully in a color that appears creamy gold. The color really shifts in the lite in their home. I'm afraid of what color they may look like after I get them home. They could be beautiful or dreadful........oh what to do what to do....
  • getitamb
    getitamb Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    I'm Amber and I'm going to start on Friday: My fitness goals are to complete 30 day shred and get into a two piece by June 26th. I am going to Pappadeuxs tomorrow so I am looking up the food to eat before I there.
  • susan2396
    susan2396 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Friday Fitness: Well, I’ve been lacking in this area. As I’ve been trying to get my eating back under control, I haven’t focused on the exercise. I’ve taken a few 4 mile walks, but not being consistent. I’m 2 weeks into eating pretty clean. I plan to start back with consistent exercise starting this week. I’m feeling OK so far AND no Diet Coke since 4/20 almost 2 weeks. Woo Hoo!!!!

I think I’m a glutton for punishment, but tomorrow night I’m taking Cyrus and 3 buddies to dinner, then Recycled Percussion (basically like Stomp) at The Quad (Lord help me and all the banging) then we’re going to hit the new High Roller. This is the new ferris wheel in Vegas and the tallest in the world (for now). Each pod can hold up to 40 people and it takes about 30 minutes to get around. I’ll try to post pictures on Sunday. It’s going to be quite a night!! Luckily, I got the Recycled tickets for free and just paying for the ferris wheel, but it’s not your carnival prices that’s for sure. The boys should have fun.

@ Karen – You’re too funny!! Thanks for the shout out. I’m so glad the woman didn’t get re-elected. There’s no reason not to be happy about that. If it can make things better for you and your fellow teachers, then so be it. Plus, hopefully, this sets you guys up for better representation in the coming year. Two weeks from Sunday we get our fun day – Woo Hoo!!!!

@ Hansea – Baby steps. You’ve got this. Your inches lost in April were awesome!!! I know you wanted to lose more pounds and you will just keep pushing one day at a time.

@ Meeper – I use to really beat myself up if I got one day off and then I would spiral out of control. I’ve now realized it’s just one day and have to get right back on track. Like Hansea said, I try to focus on my overall monthly loss. The day to day check-ins drove me nuts. Hang in there!!

@ L2T – Yes, I’m trying to enjoy every single day with Cyrus. Even now I realize I’ve only got 6 years before he’s off to college. It’s going by way too fast. Of course, Cyrus told me the other day he’s going to live with me forever. I told him I was pulling out a tape recorder and sharing that with him at 18. LOL!! On Pinterest, we’re so much alike in our boards. I’ve got Fashionista for all my clothes plus my Yummy Sweet Treats. My favorite is Calgon, Take Me Away (awesome beaches!!!).

@ Ushkii – I’m so proud to see you being so consistent. You’re doing great!

@ Robin – Yikes on getting dizzy, but I’m so glad you were OK. Also, I noticed your back to actually tracking your food and no more Quick Calories. Good for you!!! I know it’s been so tough for so many months, but you kept hanging in there. You’re one tough cookie or should I be healthy and say one tough apple??!! LOL!!!

@ LittleShawdow – Thanks!! Yes, Cyrus has towered over most of his friends through elementary, but some are starting to catch up. Sorry to hear about your 12-year old. I know how tough balance can be then when you throw in the special challenges they go through I totally get it. Plus, I know as women in general we take care of everyone else first, but you’re worth it too. I know you’re just trying to find that balance so perhaps just make a goal of maintaining for now until the family stuff balances a bit. Hugs coming your way! What a quote! I don’t think I’m that committed especially to the dying. LOL!!!

@ Laurie – Thanks for coordinating the May Challenge, but I’m going to pass this go around. Work is really pushing me right now. It’s going to take everything in my power to just log my food, eat clean and try to get in some kind of exercise. I’ve been exhausted and working long days, but I’ve got to exercise. I know I’ll feel better. I am doing a squat challenge again with my trainers group so at least I’ll commit to that one. As for you, the veggie police is coming after you next week. Eat your greens!

@ Vderks – Welcome!! You’ve found our hidden gem in the Community. I’ve been on MFP since August 2012 and never read anything else. These folks haven’t gotten me through so many ups and downs. I would have fallen off this journey so many times without their friendship, kindness, and gentle kicks in the butt. The thread moves a lot during the week, but the weekends are normally very quiet and a good way to catch up on post. Also, 55? You look great!!! I’ve got a FitBit too, but haven’t quite figured out the adding friend’s thing. I know quite a few on here have them too.

@ KJeffries – Hugs to you! I know you’ve had so much on your plate. This is one thing about our weight loss journey life still goes on around us. We’re trying to eat right, exercise, balance home, work, kids, family, friend’s, maintain our home, and the list just goes on and on. With Cyrus turning 12, I’ve been divorced 10 years and I truly can’t believe it. Cyrus was only about 2 when I got out, but I had to give Cyrus a chance at a better life and to be a real man, husband and father. We were married 10 years, but I know I made the right choice. He basically gave up his rights 3 years ago and owes about $60,000 in child support. I know I could go after him, but I’m very fortunate I can provide for us and I don’t need the drama.

@ RobinB – Vacation? Come to Sin City!!! You can meet me and Tom too. You’re more than welcome to stay with us and I’ll show you our town. We have a great city out here and it’s not all about the strip. Well, a friend shared it with me and it’s called the Fast Metabolism Diet (yes, I said the “D” word). It’s about eating 5-6 times per day and keeping your metabolism going. Basically, Monday/Tuesday is high glycemic so protein, fruit and a few carbs. Wednesday/Thursday is high protein hardly any carbs. Friday thru Sunday is a moderate mix of carb, protein, fat, etc. . . Of course, you can have veggies all week, but more greens and not the starch kind. Exercise is minimal, but basically they want you to commit to 28-days. As part of this clean eating, I decided to drop Diet Coke too. Now the 10 lbs may have come off anyway since my eating was a bit out of control before and I’m sticking to healthy eating. I figured why not give it a try and mix things up a bit.

@ Damensha – Where are you in the south? I moved 2 years ago from Atlanta. We definitely got some crazy storms through there for many years. It’s been so tough for so many families. I was gone for a week on vacation so I had about 10 pages to go through so I understand, but wasn’t it nice to catch up with our friends?

@ Rain – I’m glad your housing got worked out and so close to gym AND beach. Very cool! Which beach?
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just a quick post to get my May goals set.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!

May Exercise Goals: Exercise class or walking minimum 3 miles (22/31days)

So far: 2/31

5/1 - Exercise Class
    5/2 - 5+ miles walking
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning everybody.

I am trying to get a passport and they said my birth certificate is not good enough even though it was good enough the last time I got one. I have tried to get a new birth certificate online and they did not accept my driver’s license photo.:mad: This is really starting to get to me. Today I will try to jump through all the hoops again.:explode:

502_zps5a1ae813.jpg

“If what you are doing is not moving you towards your goals, then it’s moving you away from your goals.” ~Brian Tracy

Tom
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Brace yourselves, another long Nettie ramble. I missed a few days and have a lot of catching up to do. :laugh: :wink:

LittleShadow - I love the new profile picture!

Skinny - Thanks so much. I am hoping I get the positions as well for the summer. In the mean time I am keeping an eye out for some other jobs just in case it doesn't work out. LOL to Gunner's snort. My collies used to do that to me. I know exactly what you mean!
    I am glad to hear that woman did not get reelected. Hopefully you and your coworkers will have some peace now!

Kaye - We end up doing our walk as soon as we get home from work so we still have sunlight. I wish we both got home earlier so we could eat first then go for a walk. Last night when I got home from work I was exhausted. I had asked Brian that morning to try to leave work on time so we could go for a walk. He was already home and changed when I got home and said "Come on. I've been waiting for you." All I wanted to do was change into my comfys and curl up on the couch. I didn't have the heart to say no to the walk so I dragged myself out. By the time we finished I had so much energy. I am so glad I went despite being tired.

Hansea - I think it is interesting that you mentioned you find it harder to get in as many miles on the treadmill. I find the same when we go walking at the park rather than in the neighborhood. The park is set up like a school track except it is much larger. When you walk it you are walking around open soccer and baseball fields. It is a pretty park but because of the open fields there is limited landscaping. I find that I get bored half way through the second lap around. When we go around the neighborhood I find I can walk a lot further. I attribute this because we are not looking at the same scenery every lap so it keeps me from becoming bored. I wonder if it is the same for you when you are on the treadmill?
    The hashbrowns were very good. Ironically they were not messy at all.
    Congrats on the inches. That is fantastic. I try to do my measurements and photos the first of every month. I am a few days behind on doing that. :blushing:

RobinB - I love RR's waffle week. That is where I originally got the idea for the hashbrowns. When I started making them I just did my own thing. I cut the potatoes and onion using my mandoline, diced up garlic and scallions and tossed it all with a little S&P. My first one I just scooped and put the hashbrowns directly onto the maker. They cooked up just fine however getting them out of the maker was a challenge. They ended up breaking into small pieces. I then searched RR's website and discovered she did something similar ingredients but added eggs and sour cream to her mixture. (Horseradish too but I didn't have any so I skipped that) I folded in the egg and sour cream mixture to my bowl then tried it again. They were so much easier to remove from the maker after that. I love RR and get a lot of really good ideas from her. I have been getting annoyed with her show lately because she has been having a lot of other chefs on the show and they are cooking. It has been annoying for me to watch because the reason I am watching her show is to get ideas from her, not other chefs. If I wanted to watch their shows I would turn on the food network. :ohwell: Also I find she constantly is talking over the other chefs as they are trying to explain what they are doing. It just irritates me. I hope she goes back to her original format of the show, I liked it so much better back then.
    I can relate to the needing a break from work. My aides have gotten under my skin all week. I was so very glad when the work week finally ended. Keeping my fingers crossed next week is better.

Robin - So glad you are back home. Sorry to hear about your bad experience in the hospital. Good for you for standing up for that woman. She was lucky to have you as her temporary roommate. LOL you are too funny about the cleaning products. Sorry to hear about your spill but glad to hear you didn't get hurt. Happy healing! Hope you have a nice time at the lake cottage. That sounds like a very relaxing and peaceful weekend.

Tanya - Great job on C25K!!!

Poison Ivy - Welcome. Check the first page of the thread for ideas of what to post each day. You do not have to stick to that if you do not want to. Jump right in and join us.

Laurie - I remember you mentioned something about a site that converts exercise to miles. Do you have a link to it? I am a bit unsure of how I would convert my strength training days to miles. Thanks.

Susan - Happy Birthday to Cyrus! Wow. I had no idea of your early birth and tumor. Glad to hear it was benign and everything worked out. That must have been scary for you at the time.

Meeper - Can you tell me a bit more about Zombies? I looked into it a while ago and it sounded interesting. I don't know anyone who has used it though. How is it?

Ushkii- I use an app, Digifit, that is similar and also syncs to MFP. I love the convenience of it syncing for me. When I had my android I used one called CardioTrainer. I loved the app but it didn't sync with MFP. I was sad when I switched to my iPhone and found the app was only for the droid. But then came across Digifit and was happy with it.

Tracy - Congrats on putting the bid in. I hope it goes well! I remember how excited Brian and I were the very first time we bid on a house. We were so sad when we found out they already selected another bid. Eventually we found my current house and I could not be happier. Sending good thoughts and wishes your way!

Tiffany - Yum to the mac and cheese and cheesy potatoes. You just made me hungry! :wink:

Naomi - I am glad that I am not the only one who cannot find their April goals. I missed a few days and now they are buried in the thread somewhere. I am sure I could go back through my diary and figure it out on my own but that is a lot of work. I will just call it a bust and move on to May. :laugh:

Vicki - I know exactly what you mean when you feel one way in your mind and are surprised at what the mirror reflects. I am the same way. Seeing myself in pictures is even more of a reality check for me. :cry: I am slowly getting there and learning to find the positives in pictures rather than the negatives.

Monette - The scale isn't moving for me at the moment either. I find when that happens I have to do some reflecting and change things up again. Most of the time the non-movement is due to something I am or am not doing. :blushing: Make sure you are logging everything. I use my digital scale and weigh everything I consume. Make sure you are getting in enough fluids. (My major fail lately) Also try taking body measurements. Even though the scale may not be moving, your body is still changing. It helps a lot to keep me motivated when the scale is not cooperating.

Brandy - You cannot view the thread from the app. If you want to view it on your smart phone you have to open up a browser and log into the site that way. It's annoying.

KJefferies - Congrats on the loss! I am so sorry to hear about your divorce. I imagine this is a very difficult and stressful time for you. Please know I am here for you if you need to vent. Sorry to hear that your sister was only given a 40% survival rate for surgery. Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Damensha - Oh no to misplacing the charger. At least now you have 2 in case one goes missing again. I have misplaced my Fitbit before too. It's frustrating.

Rain - Good luck on the finals!

Amber - Welcome to the group!

May Goals:
    I am going to aim for 80 miles. Hopefully the weather cooperates with me!
    5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - Not done yet
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Well, the house fell through so we did not get it. However, we did find another home that we liked and have a bid in. We are one of three offers. Crossing my fingers! We should know this evening so I'm going to try to busy the rest of the day so 5:00 comes soon.

I already got my workout in this morning and met with our realtor. We also bought a dozen donuts on our way home. I've had one and told them that I'd like another one tomorrow so they should not eat mine, but the rest I don't love so it won't be a problem to avoid the rest.

I'm off to look at the Parade of Homes. In case this house falls through, I'd like to check out some of the builders of this town.

I will catch up with everyone tonight. Have a great Saturday!
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just updating my challenge stats...

Goal: 25 (may change depending on my PT)
    May 2 - 1.5 miles
    May 3 - 8 miles (last long walk before the big half next Sunday!)
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    just checking in...don't want to lose this thread
    I've been having a tough time with weight loss and health.
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Happy Sunny Saturday Afternoon My Lovelies!

I hope everyone’s day is as beautiful as mine! Hubby had a surprise Saturday off today, so I talked him into going to the Pepper Place Market with me this morning to look around and get a nice outside stroll in. It’s an organic Farmer’s Market with food stands and a few crafts stalls mixed in. I did do a little “BLT-ing” while there, so I’m going to have to figure in some calories for that, but I was good and didn’t eat my way through the place which I certainly could have done! LOL! We picked up some really yummy sheep’s cheese to have this week. Now to figure out what to do with it besides cut it in hunks and eat the snot outta it! LOL! It was lunch by the time we finished there and Hubby wanted to go to Outback. Oh, I was bad… I ate Bloomin Onion, and bites of his dessert, it was Soo stinking good! And now I will need to do at least a couple of miles with Ms. Sansone today to offset some of those bad cals. and a Lot of Housework too! Looks like a salad or just veggies for me for dinner tonight.

Personals:

@ Hansea – Good old GTT’s! I would have done a double take too! Who moves a whole Refrigerator?!? LOL! I hope that the next time you are in that office you can find your way around!

@ Amber – Welcome to the group! Here’s hoping that you’re rocking that two piece for July 4th!

@ Susan – I’m just north of Birmingham, AL. Aren’t you glad that you weren’t in Atlanta when the ice storm hit this year! It was one of the biggest messes since Winter Storm ’96 I think! People were ice skating in the streets of Downtown Birmingham while I was stuck at work for 3 days. :huh: I’m so glad that I got the chance to catch up with everyone’s goings on and can be active again! It certainly doesn’t take long with a board that moves this fast!

@ Tom – Bless your heart! Our lovely government doing it’s finest again I see. I hope you are able to get things moving with your passport soon! Are you going somewhere Fabulous? Do Tell!

@ Mel – So sorry that you’ve had problems lately. I hope we can start seeing you around more often!

Alrighty, time to go walking in my living room with Leslie then get this house cleaned up!

Jenn :flowerforyou:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    May Mileage Goals:
    1 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    2 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week
    X / 12 - Days with 10,000 steps or more (Work Days)
    2.8 / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit + Extra)
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    So far, it's been a great day. After waffle breakfast for 9, I got the kitchen floor mopped and the vacuuming done. Then I worked outside for 1.5 hours getting my herbs planted and the front flower garden cleaned out. I haven't decided just which annuals I want to put in there. This afternoon Nicole and Cathy walked with me. I did 6.05 miles today.
    Now I have to make chicken stir fry for dinner.
    Have a great weekend. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    A successful Saturday for me today. This morning I swam with the Master's Swim club for over an hour even did some sprints plus laps. After that experience I spent another hour at the pool with the deep water aerobics class. The aerobic class is over in 2 weeks so I may opt to join the master's swim team and work on my strokes and building endurance who knows maybe I will participate in my first swim meet at some point this year.

Tomorrow, I will complete my first 5K of the season, my goal is to complete it in 40 minutes or less. Of course this will depend on how well my body responds when I ask it to run tomorrow morning. Tonight is a resting time so my body can recover slightly before tomorrow.

Tonight I am praying that the alarm at the Mercedes dealer down the street does NOT go off again this morning at 3:15 am and stay on until 3:45 am. This is what happened this morning and that darn siren is extremely loud and annoying:explode: . I did call the police and was told they had someone on the scene- My wish is that the wake the owner up since the alarm woke the entire neighborhood up this morning, then charge him with disrupting the peace. This is not the first time it has happened and it won't be the last. The worst part is that someone coming out of the bars got to close to the cars to set this alarm off then they did it again.

Susan- Enjoy the HIGH ROLLER- I could see it from my hotel room in Vegas, it is huge. It was not open yet but it looks interesting. I hope you bring ear plugs for the concert tonight- Have fun. Good luck getting your exercise back in.

Little shadow- good luck with the 1/2 marathon next week.

L2T- Did you set a milage goal for the month? I may have missed it, sorry.

Mel- Hi!:flowerforyou:

KarenL- Hi!:bigsmile:

Kaye- I love the walks you are getting in with your daughters. Great job with the garden today.

I am not sure what website converts weight training to miles but I will try to find one. I have websites that convert KM to miles. This website shows you the conversion for weight lifting to steps per minute so hope that helps. Then you set a steps goals or use x amount of steps to equal 1 mile and based your numbers on that.
    http://www.purdue.edu/walktothemoon/activities.html

Someone mentioned a vacation and heading to VA- come a little farther North and you will be in Maryland my neck of the woods. There is plenty to do in VA-Jamestown, Williamsburg, the mountains- Luray Caverns, Sky Line Dr. etc. Bush Gardens etc. Where are you thinking of heading?
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    Here is the easy reporting format that you can copy and paste if interested;

Goal Milage: x Mile or KM
    5/1= x miles
    5/2= x miles
    5/3= x miles
    5/4= x miles
    5/5=x miles

Example
    Goals= 140 miles
    5/1=9 miles
    5/2= rest day (climbing not counted)
    5/3 =1 mile ( conservative estimate)
    5/4= x miles
    5/5=x miles

Hope this helps to make the reporting easier. I am gathering them daily so the dates would help.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Laurie- Ugh...the Mercedes dealer obviously lives nowhere near the business, huh? They should force him to spend the night at the dealership, so he's there to stop the alarm madness!
    Good luck with your 5K! You can do it in 40 or under! Go legs, go!!! :bigsmile:

Kaye- Nice miles! We had a beautiful day here, which would've been good for getting some gardening done, but I was busy with other stuff. Instead, I just took a quick look around the yard, and discovered that the weeds are coming up again. Such a cold, wet spring....the grass is so green, but the weeds like water too, I guess. :wink:

Jenn- They moved the biohazard bins, too! I opened the old bio closet, and there was nothing but a mop in there! Good thing the regular xray tech was there so she could tell me where everything went! :laugh:

tlh- I hope you end up with the house you want....one way or the other!

Nettie- I would probably get bored or tire faster in your park, too. I do think landscape makes a big difference. I use the tv and the virtual landscapes on the treadmill, but if you look up from the screen, you're still on that black belt and the same people are to your left and right. So, I guess I'm having trouble tricking myself into thinking I'm actually going somewhere. :smile:

Tom- I hope the hoop-jumping is over and you were able to get your passport. How frustrating!

Susan- That ferris wheel sounds AMAZING! I'm sure you'll be scoring big points with Cyrus and his friends. Great job on your Diet Coke...or rather, lack of Diet Coke. :wink:

Amber- Welcome! I just got a copy of 30DS. I haven't started it yet, though. I'm training for a 10K this month and will probably start 30DS mid-June.

Robin- Decisions, decisions! I'm no help. I hate deciding!

Rain- Sounds like you're doing well, despite the hectic finals schedule. "Fancy pants free food" made me smile. :bigsmile: Congratulations on finding an apartment....near the beach and a gym! Sounds perfect!

AFM- What a fantastic Saturday! The sun came back! It has been missing for what seems like forever. We had grey skies and rain all week, so it was startling to go out for my run this morning and discover that I should've grabbed my sunglasses. I tried a new route for the first time today....jogged through town and then a loop around a park on the lake, then back through town to my house for a total of 4.52 miles. My longest distance to date!
    Then a friend told me about a bird festival near her, so I said I'd come with the kids. It was pretty fun, and nerdy. It was at a park/zoo. The local wildlife hospital put on demonstrations with live owls, falcons and a hawk. There were several activity stations throughout the zoo for the kids. We spent an hour walking around the zoo and doing the activities. Then my friend and I sat and talked while the kids ran around a pretty awesome and elaborate wooden playground.
    Finally, I went grocery shopping which means an hour of me on my feet, pushing around a shopping cart.
    I think I've earned some serious zzzzz's tonight! :yawn:

Oh, and it's my weigh in day....I am back down to pre-Easter weight! Onward and downward! :bigsmile:

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles
    5/1: 2.83 miles completed!
    5/2: Rest Day
    5/3: 4.52 miles completed!

Under calories: 2/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 2/31
  • Lauriek70
    Options
    I am having fun with this challenge. So to keep us motivated here are the different levels you can strive for while you are going after your milage goal. :smile:

Distance Milestones—How far we have come in May and we just keep going. I will update everyone's status on Sunday. As you see there is something for everyone. Hope you like it.

1 mile Club

2 mile Club

3.1 miles (5K club) A GREAT MILESTONE :bigsmile:

4 miles (8K)

5 Miles (9K) :laugh:

9 miles=15K

12 miles=20K You GOT THIS :bigsmile:

16 miles-Sprint Triathlon Level (you just complete the distance of a Sprint Triathlon :smokin:

½ marathon- 13.1 miles=22km YIPEEE:drinker:

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km Marathoner WHOO-HOO :heart:

33.93 Miles=Olympic distance triathlon level (51.5km) Olympian at heart:heart:

63.86 Miles- ITU Long course Distance Triathlon Watch out Michael Phillips here we come:flowerforyou:

70.3 miles- Half Ironman Distance Triathlon- Ironman :flowerforyou:

140.6 miles-Full Ironman Distance-Hawaii Bound:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I thought I posted today already but I don't see it (!?!) so I will post again.

I did my 2nd C25K run this morning and I did so well I am craving my next run already! I had less hip pain and it's subsided quite quickly after stretching and foam rolling. I'm heading to my favourite outdoors store tomorrow to buy some trail running shoes. I forget who asked about them, but they have sturdier soles with a better grip to handle rocky, hilly terrain. I'm looking for a pair by Salomon, the same brand of hiking shoes/boots I buy. Then I'm going for a few short hikes to start breaking the shoes in so I can start wearing them on my runs.

@Laurie... thanks for doing the stats for this month's challenge, I like the milestones idea!

Monday: 18,006/12.1km
    Tuesday: 13,174/8.85km
    Wednesday: 15,846/11.13km
    Thursday: 14,704/9.88 km
    Friday: 12,826/8.75 km
    Saturday: 12,257/8.51 km

Goal mileage: (155 km) (96 miles)
    5/1: 11.2 km (6.7 miles)
    5/2: 7.8 km (4.8 miles)
    5/3: 6.2 km (3.9 miles)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @laurie - I didn't set a mileage goal since I do a combo of exercise classes and walking. I would have no clue how to translate the classes into miles. I thought I'd just post my daily results in my posts.

May Exercise Goals: Exercise class or walking minimum 3 miles (22/31days)

So far: 2/31

5/1 - Exercise Class
    5/2 - 5 miles
    5/3 - 3 miles