Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    The following people have moved up based on the data from 5/1 to 5/4/14. I only updated those people who submitted the miles after I posted the status updates.

5 Miles (9K):bigsmile:
    TLH (8.13 miles)
    Jt (7.9 miles)
    Robin B (5.83 miles)

12 mile club-15K:bigsmile:
    Kelly (13.09 miles)
    Lives 2 Travel (13 miles)

10 Miler Level:happy:
    Karen (SkinnyJeanz 10 miles)
    Tom (10.93 miles)

Sprint Triathlon Level:glasses:
    Nettie (16.2 miles)

½ marathon Club :smokin:
    Kaye (18.5 miles)
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Pictures from our walk on the beach last Friday.

Chelsea being silly:

utf-8Q201405025F191851_zpsb9d8fc40.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Just the beautiful view as we walked:

utf-8Q201405025F191820_zps96fc84d3.jpg.html?sort=3&o=1

Ok, I'm stuck. Any suggestions of what I'm doing wrong??
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    @robinB--sorry, I'm zero help with posting pics. :ohwell:

@laurie--thanks again for tracking our miles this month. :flowerforyou:

@susan--I agree with kris--I would never survive in that environment. :blushing: One of my seniors baked brownies for the class today. My saving grace is that I have a weird aversion to kid-made food. They looked delicious, but my brain kept repeating "kid-made" and I politely declined. Great pics of the boys! I love roller coasters and such, but those slow-moving mega0ferris wheels scare the crap out of me!

@tracy--I can totally sympathize with you! When DH and I bought our house in 2001 it was a sellers market. We bid on 5 houses before we got ours. Just like your situation, people were coming in and bidding 10-20K above list prices and we just couldn't compete. I think the only reason we got our house is b/c our realtor made sure we were the 1st to view it, and we put in an offer right away at the asking price.

@tanya--I've also struggled with food prep lately--just having trouble finding time to go grocery shopping and to cook. Your post just reminded me that I haven't yet made anything for lunch tomorrow. :grumble:

@susan--I'm so excited for your visit! :drinker:

I'm running out of steam--sorry if I missed you on this round of personals.

Sunday Share:
    My name is Karen and I'm living in grading hell right now.

Monday Check-in:
    Please see Sunday Share.

Goal Mileage: 80 Miles
    5/1= 3.5 miles
    5/2= 0 miles
    5/3= 5 miles
    5/4= 1.5 miles
    5/5=1.5 miles

Grading Goals:
    1. x/16 AP analysis activities
    2. 10/52 Hemingway short story annotations/questions
    3. 41/70 AP essays

Exercise goals:
    Mon--walk gunner DONE
    Tues--walk gunner + gym
    Wed--walk gunner
    Thurs--walk gunner + gym
    Fri--rest day
    Sat--walk gunner + gym
    Sun--walk gunner + gym
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    I have been having a real struggle with cookies the last few days. Otherwise things are going quite well.
    Today I walked a total of 7 miles.
    RobinB, hope you can pick yourself up. You are doing so well.
    I'm excited about our mileage. I bet we will really rack up a lot of miles this month.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Laurie - I know this is too late for today maybe tomorrow too - don't worry be happy!

May Goal – 30 miles

5/1 = 0 miles
    5/2 = 0 miles
    5/3 = 2 miles
    5/4 = 1 mile
    5/5 = 1 mile
    5/6 =
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @robin - Yay for getting back to the pool so quickly after surgery! Glad you're feeling better and had such a fun weekend.

@aleahcim - Welcome to the group. You'll find great support and encouragement here, so come back frequently.

@kaye - WOW on your mileage so far this month! You're killing it!!

@susan - Love the pictures. Your weekend sounded exhausting, but fun. I do not know how you can be around those desserts without digging in. As someone else said, I would be found nearby in a food coma.

@robinb - I've been in many a funk. Sometimes I can figure out why and sometimes I can't even pinpoint the issue. Sounds like you enjoyed your walk. Maybe do more of that until you feel like hitting the gym again? And in the meantime, remember that while exercise is good for your health and helps to tone, it is not necessary for weight loss. Focus on keeping a deficit going and you'll be OK.

@tanya - Sounds like your running is going great. I cannot relate to being addicted to it, but I'm getting to feel the same about walking. Back in the day, I would take 8-10 mile walks on the weekends and loved doing it. Then I quit doing it, gained a million pounds and dreaded walking across the parking lot at the grocery store. Just recently I realized I'm falling back in love with walking and am always thinking about new places to walk to and from. I like having a destination and if there's a Starbucks at the end, that's even better!

@tlh - Argh on hunting for a house. We too have been outbid in the past so I feel your frustration. Hopefully, the 3rd time will be the charm.

@laurie - Thanks again for being the keeper of the mileage. It's hard to keep up with this group!

@skinnyjeanz - Grading Hell......LOL. Hope that is followed by Summer Heaven.

AFM - Got to class yesterday and got in a good walk. My dog got dragged along as usual, but it was late in the afternoon and hot. He was panting like a fool by the time we got home and I felt so bad. Until he bypassed his water dish and went straight outside to check for squirrels, rabbits, chipmunks or any other enemies in his yard. Found out over the weekend that he gained .7 of a pound since his physical last year. The vet was not concerned, but I'm sure it'll be gone soon since he's going to do most of my mileage goal with me. I set it at 100 before I did the math and realized that's 3.22 miles for each day in May! I'm competitive and stubborn enough that if I say I'm going to something, I will.

Have a great day everyone!

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)

Total Miles - 17.25
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Good Morning. Today is another long day of meetings in prep for going live with our software upgrade on Monday. I miss you all :frown: - hope I can catch up tomorrow and be back here more regularly.

Mileage Challenge Goal 90 Miles, to date:

May 1--3.11mi
    May 2--3.64mi
    May 3--1.92mi
    May 4--4.42mi
    May 5--2.89mi
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    5/1 1.32
    5/2 2.35
    5/3 3.64
    5/4 0.92
    5/5 2.21
  • nyla23608
    nyla23608 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    bump..to join thread :)
  • LauraJayne8digs
    LauraJayne8digs Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    bump...to join thread
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    GOT IT!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

The view while we were walking:

2ba6e8bc-7a60-4106-9751-ccf3c1c91752_zps7d3da05c.jpg

Chelsea being silly:

433c0259-1344-4313-adbf-864086d75480_zpsdf046dbb.jpg
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    Just a mileage update:

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 21
    [/quote]
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey Y’all! Happy Tuesday, but it’s MY Friday! YAY!

@ Leah_e_84, Nyla & LauraJayne – Welcome to the Greatest Thread on MFP! I hope you find your niche here and come back often!

@ Tanya – Geocaching sounds like such fun! I got an app once and thought about trying it, just never ventured out.

@ Laurie – YAY for you and your great 5k! Right now, pulling myself up one or two tiny inclines wears me out! I’m WAY impressed with all of you runners and can live vicariously through y’all while I’m panting through my One and Two mile Walk at Home videos.

@ Cherry – YAY! Congratulatons on your Fantastic Start!! Keep up the good work!

@ SkinnyJ – I KNEW I liked you for a reason! LOL! :glasses:

@ L2T – I love living in the South, but I really hate that we have not perfected the sidewalk yet! I’m so jealous that you and others get to walk to all these places and don’t risk getting plowed down by some distracted driver or some Yahoo who’s truck is too frickin tall to see you on the ground with! (Ok, I know I was doing major generalizing there, but I Do live in “the country” down here! LOL!)

@ Tom – Thanks for the info! Invite sent!

@ Susan – Those boys are adorable! I bet they are some real characters! Loved the pics!

@ Robin B – I want to walk on that beautiful beach with you and Chelsea!

AFM – I took my first ever fall at work by doing a modified pirouette/swan dive off the loading dock steps Sunday night. Folks, my Mama didn’t raise me to be a graceful gazelle so I have learned, and I have the swollen and bruised up left knee to prove it. My legs have really taken a beating this past year from one thing or another to the point I’ve decided that my knees must be made by Timex… They take a licking and keep on kicking! LOL! Mama’s going to flip when she sees my new battle scar. Maybe I’ll just wear long pants all weekend at her house even though she’s still running her heaters in this 70 -85 degree weather we’re having. Whew! :sad: It’s been quite the hectic couple of nights at work this week and I’m really looking forward to a little R&R starting tomorrow morning! Maybe my goal for this week should be to stay on my feet and off the ground. :ohwell: Now to go medicate, ice down this knee again and go to BED!

Nighty Night!
    Jenn :flowerforyou:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sun 5/4 – 2.83 miles (7007 Steps)
    Mon 5/5 – 4.14 miles (10250 steps and 95% of those were at work!)
    Tues 5/6 – Already halfway to my 10,000 Steps from work! Woot!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    May Mileage Goals:
    4 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    4 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week (LS - Walk at Home)
    1 / 12 - Days with 10,000 steps or more (Work Days)
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Hello all, trying to catch up on the last couple pages. Looks like May mileage is adding up, that is cool, I will post my miles today and try to keep posting to reach my goal. My ankle is basically healed except when I bend it sideways. It was my back that was killing me this weekend. I had a party for my mother's 90th birthday and all the setup, serving, cooking, decorating... it all took its toll. I did do well with eating but did not log. The party turned out great, thanks to my wife's planning and help.
    I posted a pound lost this week so all is good. Got to keep on the path. I want to fit in the plane seat without have to have an extender seat belt in October.
    I am back in the routine so the week days should be fine. It is the weekends that are hard on me, there is so much food offered where ever I go it seems.
    My poor plants are not looking so well, still in their starter pots. They are outside and I hope/must put them in this week. I really can't wait to get cucumbers and cherry tomatoes fresh from the garden.

Goal Mileage: 40 miles
    5/1 = 1.98
    5/5 = 0.86
    5/6 = 0.8

Total for May: 4.49 miles (from mapmywalk app, it is so cool)

Hope you all have a great week.
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    @ L2T – I love living in the South, but I really hate that we have not perfected the sidewalk yet! I’m so jealous that you and others get to walk to all these places and don’t risk getting plowed down by some distracted driver or some Yahoo who’s truck is too frickin tall to see you on the ground with! (Ok, I know I was doing major generalizing there, but I Do live in “the country” down here.

@damensha - I'm in the South as well, Charlotte NC. It's a pretty mixed bag in this town as far as sidewalks are concerned. The suburban area where I live has lots of sidewalks and bike lanes with more being added every year. Burbs farther out are less likely to have them. Within a mile or so of my house I can walk to 2 small shopping centers, the church where I exercise, a large library, a park that includes a dog park and the start of a wonderful greenway that meanders through woods and wet lands for 4 miles.

I feel lucky to have so many options when I walk!!
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    Well, I didn’t make it to the gym last night but instead I walked with Leslie. I haven’t done the DVD in a few months and I was pleased that I made it through the entire “3 miles”. It was a little rough on my knees, but I pushed through it. I made Chelsea commit to go to the gym with me today through Thursday. Friday will be a rest day before the Color Run on Saturday.

@Tanya – I do have some limitations, but I am trying everything because I don’t know unless I try, right? Mike (my son) will be home from college on Thursday so I am planning on learning more things to do in the gym. I think that will help too. Also, next week I plan on hitting the pool for some water aerobics. Even though I am in south Florida, I don’t go in the pool very much before Memorial Day (end of May) and after Labor Day (beginning of Sept) because it’s just too cold. (I cringe when I say that because I know that most of you are from the frozen tundra of the great white north! LOL) Congrats on your progress on C25K! That is my goal one day, but I think I have to drop more pounds to equal out the bad leg.

@Tracey – That is an awesome pic of the High Roller. Sorry to hear about two houses falling through, but like some others said, be patient YOUR house is still waiting for you to find it!

@Susan – You are right; Cyrus is going to be a big boy! He looks older than 13! (Did he just turn 13 or was he 13 and just turned 14? The age 13 is sticking in my head.) Great pics!

@Laurie – I didn’t expect that you would subtract miles. That was just my sad attempt at sarcasm. Yes, I anticipated that the walk on the sand would be more challenging, it always is. It’s been a very long time since I have been to the beach for that exact reason. I was feeling a little froggy when we got there so I figured I would jump in and see how I would do. I managed pretty well to stay on the harder, wet and more compact sand while we were walking along the waterline, but the walk back to the sidewalk in the softer sand was challenging afterwards. We’ve decided that we are going to aim for evening walks instead of morning walks on the beach. Since we are on the east coast, the hotels/condos/restaurants shade the sidewalks from the setting sun making it much cooler and enjoyable.

@Kaye – 7 miles yesterday?? WOW, that is AWESOME!

@L2T – thanks for the reminder! I am tying the gym to weight loss and I know better! I keep telling myself that maybe it’s all just needed rest as even my short walks while I am at work are getting harder and harder to swallow. I am feeling it in my knees. Not really pain, but just something nagging at my knees to let me know they are there. Like if a body part is swollen. You may not have pain, but you are all too aware that something is “there”, if that makes sense.

May Goal = 60 miles
    5/5 – 3.27 = 9.1 completed

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    And…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone. Just got back from walking the dogs. Hubby called while we were out so that helped pass part of the time in a very nice way. As many of you know I have three kids who are all adults now. The youngest two just got done with school in the last year and are currently looking for a place to rent together so they can continue to work and save to buy homew of their own. Well having adult kids I am finding brings a whole new set of issues to be dealt with. My son has met a young lady he likes quite a bit. She is very nice but until just recently has been playing the just want to be friends card. Well I have always told my kids percistence will usually pay off and they have started hanging out on a slightly different level lately. Well the other evening she came over and they were watching movies until quite late and she ended up staying over. I wasnt to sure how I felt about that so I asked my hubby his opinion. Being a man his response was way to go thats my boy:ohwell: So I said does that mean Arielle who is a year and half older can have a boy she likes spend the night. Needless to say he wasnt as enthusiatic about that idea but did surprise me by saying she was 22 so we couldnt really be to upset if it happened. All I can say at this time is please realtor gods let them find a place soon:laugh:
    My main goals for this week are to get my miles in but even more I want to have a week were I am in the black every day on my diary. It has been a long time though I have quit skipping the logging on bad days so I am moving in the right direction. Well peeps have a great day and dont forget drink lots and lots of water:bigsmile: :drinker: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.

I have been real busy at work.

Miles check in.

505_zps935bf70b.jpg

“Where you start is not as important as where you finish.” ~Zig Ziglar
    Tom
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    May 2 - 1.5 miles
    May 3 - 8 miles
    May 6 - 3 miles
    May Total: 12.5 miles
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    GOT IT!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

The view while we were walking:

2ba6e8bc-7a60-4106-9751-ccf3c1c91752_zps7d3da05c.jpg

Chelsea being silly:

433c0259-1344-4313-adbf-864086d75480_zpsdf046dbb.jpg

Robin, I LOVE these pictures...especially the one of Chelsea being silly. The water looks lovely...