Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    aargh - had a lengthy post and lost it - have been having internet connection porblems all day!

will just bump for now

NEWBIES - welcome!!!
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Physio was a surprise today. I expected a leg routine with weights and kettlebell squats/lunges etc but got a crossfit workout instead. Fifteen minutes, 3 exercises (10lb medicine ball squats and toss, box jumps, and push press with just the bar, then 10 jumping jacks at each minute interval (I got out of doing burpees there... I would have died!). No stopping, just keep repeating and JJ's at each minute. I kept up pretty well until minute 13, when the feeling of "I might puke" set in. I think it's more of a sucking wind phenomenon... anyway, I finished up a bit slower the last 2 minutes but I did it. It will be interesting to see how sore I am tomorrow.

I did get some groceries, and roasted a lot of veggies for dinner to use some up. I cut up more to take to work tomorrow. Dishes, laundry, lunch prep, garbage collection await me so I will hopefully get some personals done tomorrow.

Fitbit goals: (12,000/8 km): 6/31

Goal mileage: (155 km) (96 miles)
    5/1: 11.2 km (6.7 miles)
    5/2: 7.8 km (4.8 miles)
    5/3: 6.2 km (3.9 miles)
    5/4 8.1 km (5 miles)
    5/5 3.5km (2.2 miles)
    5/6 8.4 km (5.2 miles)

Total: 45.2 km (27.8 miles)
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Exercise update:

5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 2.5 miles
    5/3: 0 miles
    5/4: 2.4 miles
    5/5: 2.93 miles
    5/6: 5.43 miles
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Ushkil: Can you please post all your mileage days? With the total you gave for 5/1 I lost a couple of miles. I am missing numbers from 5/2, 5/3, 5/4. I have a total distance of 3.64 miles posted for you. I want you to get all your miles.

Robin B- Great job on the miles. The soft sand is a bear to walk in and very hot. Evening walks on the beach are great and yes the boardwalk/hotels shade the water line. Maybe I will head to the ocean this summer.

Tanya- Wow, what a great workout-box jumps would drive me crazy since I don’t like jumping up on the boxes or whatever. GREAT JOB with that workout.

LauraJayne, Myla,--Welcome. You have great group of people especially if you get involved with the thread and participate as often as possible. If you want to join our mileage challenge for May, just post your mileage goal for the month then add your miles.

Robin- All miles have been updated- so it was not to late.

Kaye- You walk sounds amazing- Congrats on 7 miles.

Karen- The end is in sight so hang in there with the grading. I am down to 31 days and counting with students. If memory serves you are right around the same number and end date of June 18.

Tom- I love your chart. How do you get the chart to post into the thread?

Today was a beautiful day for a field trip to Baltimore’s Inner harbor. The kids had a great time on the boat ride and at the science center. Spent a good portion of the day outside. I walked about a mile extra on the field trip based on the fitbit of a coworker. It actually said 3 but I will only count 1 miles. I am seriously considering getting a fitbit just so I can track my steps at work and throughout the day. The rest of the day became a rest day since all my activity has caught up to me and I was exhausted tonight.

Tomorrow, I might meet a couple of friends for dinner tomorrow night so while I am waiting I might check out the triathlon course I am looking at for June. I don't want any surprises if I do this event-HILLS NOOOOOO!!!!!!

Miles
    5/5 -9 miles
    5/6-1 mile

Exercise Goals
    Sunday- 5 K plus bike ride DONE
    Monday- Trainer workout bike and core DONE
    Tuesday- REST Day
    Wednesday- not sure-walk? or gym--
    Thursday- Gym? depends on when class gets out
    Friday- Climbing
    Saturday- Swim
    Sunday- bike
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Fun FACT on our challenge

Total miles for our challenge: 1,253 miles :laugh:
    Accomplished Miles: 250.13 to date :love:

We are doing great.:bigsmile: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for making this challenge easy to track.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    jtconst-TOM gets me, too. At least it's only temporary. Good luck with your adult kid issues and staying in the black in your diary!

RobinB- Nice pictures! What a beautiful place to walk! I hope your gym funk ends soon. Maybe the Color Run this weekend will give you a mental boost for exercise.

Susan- Glad your weekend went so well. You can tell in your pictures that those boys are having a blast! And O. M. G. Those desserts! Sweet tooth salivating....I'm pretty impressed that you walked away from all that deliciousness.

Tanya- It is possible that you're already addicted to running. You've been bit by the bug! It only gets more addicting as you go. :happy:

tlh- That's too bad about the other house falling through. I hope there's another, even better place in your near future and you're able to make the deal!

Skinny- I'm sorry you're in grading hell right now. Happy Teacher's Day! The school year's gotta end some time, right? :smile:

Kaye- Sweet! Seven miles!

L2T- Funny how your dog got a second wind after your walk! I wish I recovered that easily after a good workout! With energy like that, and miles like you're planning, I'm sure your dog will drop his extra weight in no time.

Jenn- Enjoy your R&R and let that battered leg heal. :flowerforyou: And watch your step! :laugh:

ushkii- Congrats on the loss! Your hard work is paying off!

Laurie- Good idea to check out your course ahead of time! Hope there's not a lot of hills! :laugh:

AFM- I ended up going to bed super early last night and didn't get back on here to log my miles. It's Teacher Appreciation Week at my children's school, so I'm getting up earlier three days this week to help out. The parents group has parent volunteers fill in for before school/lunchtime recess duty to give the teachers a break (to catch up on grading, I assume?!?:wink: ), so I'm going in early and walking around the gym with the kids and a couple other parents. My kids love it. My daughter's friend (1st grade) said it was "so embarrassing to have our moms here"...girly giggles. :laugh:
    The kids wrote notes for each of their teachers and each child brought in a flower or two to add to a classroom vase to give to the teacher, as well. My daughter's teacher sent everyone an email this afternoon because she felt so blessed to have such great families and people to work with. Must've been some good hand-written notes in there!

Could be a long day tomorrow....I'm working with the new hire. She has been caught lying about some stuff, had some attendance issues, and in general has not been a hard worker or eager to learn the things she needs to know for the job. I haven't worked with her myself in several weeks, so I'm interested to see how much better/worse things have gotten. I've not been hearing good things from the other people in our group. She has been with us less than two months. I don't think she'll be around much longer. The management and HR have already started a file on her. I'm just dumbfounded that anyone could have such a terrible work ethic during their very first days and weeks on a new job. :huh:

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles
    5/1: 2.83 miles completed!
    5/2: Rest Day
    5/3: 4.52 miles completed!
    5/4: 2.64 miles completed!
    5/5: 1.5 miles completed!
    5/6: 4.39 miles completed!

Under calories: 4/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 4/31
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone,
    Just checking in to stay accountable. Doing okay on food calories wise (with exercise cals), but a ton of that is sugar. I'm pre-planning 2 cookies a day in for the next week until my finals are over, because I know the limits of my willpower, even though that's not the best nutritional choice. Slept two hours on Sunday evening, but still did 30 mins on the elliptical on Monday, as well as today. 15-20 pager due tomorrow, but I'm 8 pages in and I know everything I need to say, so I suppose I'm proud of myself for that.

Weighed myself today as I felt that my sleep deprivation bloating was gone, but I'm still at 216 (up from 211.5). I know I should't be upset, but I am, and I'm concerned that this weight won't magically drop off after finals since I've never had "water weight " stick around for longer than two days. However, if I make it the next week without gaining I'll consider that a victory, as last semester I'd estimate I gained 10 pounds in the last 3 weeks before school ended from stress eating.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Had a pretty good day. With all the walking I'm doing, you'd think the scale would move. I haven't had a significant loss in more than a month. My last loss lasted for one day, and then went back up a couple of pounds. I've just been hanging there fooling with the same two or three pounds. I've consistently been under my calorie goal. Maybe I'm eating too many of my exercise calories.
    Mileage for May 6 - 3.5 miles.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Tlh - sorry to hear about your house worries. It's so hard! I know someone else said it, your house is out there waiting for you to find it.

Susan - I love the photos you put ip of the food at your work, and am seriously amazed at your self control in being able to leave them all untasted. I'd have no chance!

Skinny - sorry to see you are so busy with grading. As I always say there are teachers, and there are TEACHERS. Abviously you are the latter, the ones that really deserve their holidays when they come around. I guess they are not too far away now?

Kaye - keep at it. I know you will get there eventually. You are such an inspiration to us all.

Rain - don't stress too much about food while you're studying etc for finals. This is a life long journey, a day here and there won't spoil it if you generally have things under control.

Someone said the other day how much you all mean to her. I would like to let you all know I feel the same. I don't get on here everyday, and I post even less often, but I think you are all amazing people, inspiring, and inspired! I love to read all about what is going on with you all and I keep you in my prayers as much as I can. For the Newbies here, welcome, come back often, this group is fab!

Wed wish...my tablet had word or split screen or I knew how to use it properly so I could do proper personals, LOL.
  • NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Forgot to say. For Mothers day we are going to have pancakes for breaky and then head out with the phone and spend the day geocaching - our first time. Should be a blast of a day. Five of us in the car for the whole day. What could possibly go wrong????? LOL.

Can someone please tell me what zombie runs are????? I keep forgetting to ask.
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    @hansea - I wish I recovered as quickly as my dog. He's 5 years old, 23 pounds and we keep waiting on his energy to wan a bit, but that hasn't happened. We walked 3.75 miles yesterday in 50 minutes (including pee breaks which are many when you have a male dog) and he was unfazed. He's my favorite walking partner. Unlike DH, he never wants to talk about the budget while we walk. And he's always glad to stop at Starbucks for a drink and to visit with the people and dogs that are on the patio. Dogs are the best!

AFM - I'm going to skip class today and just take a short 2 mile walk with my dog. I think we will go on a slower one so I can call today a "rest" day. Haven't had one of those in a while and I know it's important to do so every now and again to let your body recover.

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 21
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

I missed a few days and have a lot of reading to do. Sorry about that. I have been getting up early and heading straight outside to work in the gardens before work. I have been spending 3-4 hours in the gardens each day. Tonight I am going to overnight my veggie plants for the very first time tonight. I am hoping to get them in the ground by Friday. I was going to try it last night but when we got home from the class (class info below) it felt a bit too cool for them so I ended up bringing them back in the house. I was nervous they wouldn't take to the cooler temperatures. I did plant a few flowers which I grew from seed yesterday. I checked them this morning and they took. I am hoping my other plants are ready for it. My asparagus is already popping up and I can harvest some. I am so excited.

Brian and I went to a Vegetarian Spring Cooking class last night at SurLaTable. I had so much fun cooking 4 different recipes. I learned to make a cauliflower souffle! I have never tried one before and loved it. I ended up buying a few ramekins and will definitely try to make it at home. We also made zucchini fritters which were similar to my zucchini tots that I make. I liked mine better, I found the instructors recipe to be a bit on the moist side because we didn't drain off the zucchini after grating it. Another recipe was quinoa pilaf with asparagus and peas. It was my favorite until I tried the souffle. I think I am going to make that one tonight for dinner with the asparagus from the garden. I already have all the ingredients except for the peas in the house. :happy: The last was a spicy Thai noodle salad. Rice noodles mixed with red bell pepper, cucumber, mango, spinach, cilantro and mint. Topped with a dressing made of soy sauce and Thai pepper. The dressing was a bit too salty for my taste. I think I would have liked it better with a different dressing.

Since I have a lot of reading to do I am going to skip personals today. 216.4 has been sticking on the scale so I logged the loss yesterday. I was a few ounces down this morning which made me happy. I hope it keeps going on a downward spiral!

Here are my miles so far:
    5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - 6.92 miles
    5/4 - 2.13 miles
    5/5 - 4.73 miles
    5/6 - 5.64 miles

Hope everyone has a great day! :flowerforyou:
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Fun FACT on our challenge

Total miles for our challenge: 1,253 miles :laugh:
    Accomplished Miles: 250.13 to date :love:

We are doing great.:bigsmile: :heart: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Thanks for making this challenge easy to track.

I love this!!!! Thanks Laurie. :flowerforyou:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Echoing Naomi's Wednesday wish.
    Have a great day.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    (These are only counting exercise miles, not everyday walking miles)
    Here are my miles so far:

walking/running:
    5/4:2.5
    5/5:1.15
    5/6:2.4

biking:
    5/5:10.5
    5/6:11
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    It is raining here today, wish I could have put in my vegatables but went to movie night instead.
    Got my two walks in both just over 15 min so will update my miles from my dashboard on mapmywalk, getting to love that app.
    It uploads to MFP so tha is one less thing to do. You can review your workouts by the day, week, month, or year. Anyway at the bottom I will post a correct mileage and days.

Naomi - Love Geocaching! Remember to think like the hider, where would you put it.
    rain - Keep at it, you are doing great.

Kind of lost keeping my goals but they are still in my minda and I am still trying to keep up. Yesterday I met all three, under cal, drank 8 cups of water, and walked over 30 min.

May Mileage Goal: 40 miles

corrected and true results from app! lol
    5/1 = 1.98
    5/2 = 0.86
    5/5 = 0.86
    5/6 = 1.67

May total : 5.36 miles (when I add it up it is 5.37 I guess MapMyWalk rounds up or down)
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good morning.

Laurie- The excel spreadsheet is how I make the chart and then I use the snipping tool from windows 7 to make it a .jpg. I then upload to photobucket and post here.

506_zpse69feb5f.jpg

“Act as if everything you do makes a difference. It does.” ~William James
    Tom
  • riff71
    riff71 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    A fellow zombie fan!!! :)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Updating my mileage before I forget:

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2.00 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 23
  • MyM0wM0w
    MyM0wM0w Posts: 2,008 Member
    Options
    HOKay! Since I haven't done personals in a long time I'm only scrolling back 4 pages. :blushing: I *DO* read them all, i just don't respond.

Welcome to all the newlings!

Jenn - Our Saturday Morning market is always like a wonderland to me. I'm so ridiculously excited to stare at all the produce, baked goods (with some minor drooling and feeling of deprivation), and the crafts. Ouch on your injury! I sure hope you heal quick! I grew up in NJ but in a farming area so sidewalks were absolutely unseen by me until I moved here. I love that I can walk where I want...and there's always a sidewalk (since I live in town) for me to walk on!

Laurie - I think having your first swim meet this year would be AMAZING! I love how adventurous you are (especially compared to me!).

Kaye - Don't lose heart. Do the steps and trust in the process. It may take a while, but those last lbs will come off. You are absolutely doing it all right!! 6+ miles in one day... you are a superhero!

Hansea - that bird festival is right up my alley. Keep the budgies, parrots, and macaws. I'm all for Hawks, Owls, and falcons! I can also relate to the grocery shopping. It's probably anxiety from all the people but an hour grocery shopping wears me out (and makes me sweat) WAY more than solid walking for an hour does. It's a shame about the new hire. IMO, some people just don't mesh with some jobs. That very short stint I had with Georgia Pacific was a living hell for me. The job wasn't very different than what I do @ HP but I just hated it. I hated the people, the commute, the atmosphere there was awful (for me). Others were perfectly happy working there and it definitely showed in my work and dedication.

Cherry - Congrats on the loss!

Tom - When I moved here (8 years ago) I had to get a copy of my birth certificate. It was such a pain. I had my birth RECORD but I couldn't get DMV to accept that for my Oregon license.

SkinnyJeanz - (And all our other teachers) - This is something so important that I learned on this forum... how hard you teachers actually work and how much of your PERSONAL time you have to put in to it.

Robin - Applesauce, omelettes, and lozenges. When this is all said and done, you might be able to market that as a weight loss plan. :laugh: You could be RICH! I sure hope you're starting to feel better. YOu got hit with such a carp tornado this year.

Susan - I *LOVE* the evening out with your handsome young group! It sounds like so much fun and Cryus will always remember it! Best mom award!

Robin B - I can sure relate to the 'funk' and not wanting to do anything.

JT - Yes to TOM. She kicks my butt every single month and for two weeks Im either so stressed and angry I can't stand t or so exhausted I'm asleep on my feet all day and up because of discomfort all night.

JNettie - I LOVE the idea of that class. I wish I could find something like that here! I was just thinking about those zucchini tots last night and need to put them on my menu for next week! Although, zucchini season is right around the corner and maybe i should wait...pace myself. That's the real blessing about this job, I can't have a garden and can't grow anything inside (the one cat is a plant eater) but everyone at work brings their garden extras and drops them on the pantry room table. The guys I work with are always out there getting coffee or water multiple times a day so they grab the stuff and bring it in for me. This summer I'll get tons of tomatoes, zucchini, yellow squash, persimmons, and even lots of fresh figs for free from work.

Ushkii - So glad to see you back and posting regularly! You've got this thing! (hope you heal up fast from your injury).

I 3rd Kaye and Naomi's sentiment. You all do mean so much to me. Every day (multiple times) I have to 'hop on' and see what and how everyone is doing.

AFM: For the first time in what feels like months I'm not too tired to cook (and clean) when I get home from work (if i even made it to work). I made lunches for the next 5 or 6 days last night (Vegetarian Cornish Pasties) and the filling was so awesome I wound up chomping on the leftover(just the filling) for dinner.

Everything has been on hold. Church, bible studies, exercise, food, and even the poor cats. I'm finally beginning to feel like I didn't just walk off the set of The Walking Dead.

Our work is doing a summer walking challenge as well. I can't officially participate since I'm contract but I did clip on my pedometer today to see where I compare with the guys. They are having a blast all trying to out do each other. They make me laugh, they each come out of the lab and walk laps around my work area (so the others can't see them) and think that everyone else is NOT doing the same. They are such goofs. I have some calibrations to do on the other side of the complex today and on my way back and forth I keep seeing groups of employees with their walking shoes on doing around the buildings. I think their destination is Sidney.... or maybe Tokyo.. I can't remember.

Would have loved to be in this month's challenge but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to contribute much or consistently. :ohwell:

Revisiting the dog thing. I petsat my pastor's dog Cuppers and Book handled it pretty well. I had to keep them separated for the first afternoon and when Cuppers and I went on walks I made sure to keep Book locked up the bedroom so he wouldn't attack as soon as we walked in the door. By the end of the long weekend they were able to share bedspace at night without Book going into full attack mode. Just some grumbling and hissing when Cuppers got to close for comfort. MowMow fell in love with cuppers. Possibly because he was a Book repellent and that appealed to MowMow. At night MowMow likes to knead himself to sleep on his 'soft' (blanket) but for those 3 nights he kneaded on Cuppers soft golden retriever/cocker spaniel fur.