Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    @aimeemarie - I'm a racewalker, we've been training for a half marathon which is coming up this weekend, on Mother's Day. :) If we'd have done the mileage challenge last month, I could have logged an 8 mile, 15 mile, 10 mile and 13 mile walk (we do a long walk every weekend). :smile: Alas, I only got to log the taper! :laugh:

May 2 - 1.5 miles
    May 3 - 8 miles
    May 6 - 3 miles
    May Total: 12.5 miles
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Ok, I m behind again...:noway:
    However for the May challenge, I'm just converting steps to miles.
    May 1 3.70 miles
    May 2 4.48
    May 3 5.00
    May 4 5.01
    May 5 6.06
    May 6 5.18
    May 7 3.48
    May 8 4.83
    May Total: 37.74
    Goal: 100 miles
    Hope everyone has a great weekend. Kudos to all the Moms here! I will be slaughtered on Mom's day... because I'm crazy enough to work in a restaurant. Do you know Mother's Day was the busiest day of the year for the last 5 years that I've worked there? Yikes.
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon.
    Since cravings have come up in a few posts recently I started looking them up. You will have copy and paste the links into your browser address bar

http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/food-cravings

Chocolate cravings often indicate that your body may be deficient in magnesium. Many nutritionists estimate that over 80 percent of the population is lacking in dietary magnesium, which may explain why so many of us reach for chocolate. If you must, choose dark chocolate—about 75 percent cacao or higher. Additionally, eat foods high in magnesium, like nuts, seeds, fish, and leafy greens.

If you crave sweets, you may be experiencing blood sugar fluctuations. Yo-yo-ing sugar levels cause spikes in insulin production, which can put you at risk for type 2 diabetes.

Instead, choose a piece of fruit—preferably one that's not loaded with natural sugars. And, in general, choose more high-fiber foods like beans and legumes and complex carbohydrates like whole grains.

Cravings for cheese or pizza often indicate a fatty acid deficiency. Research shows that omega-3 fatty acids reduce inflammation and may help lower risk of chronic diseases such as heart disease, cancer, arthritis, and other joint problems. Reach for raw walnuts, wild salmon, and flaxseed oil, and add ground flaxseeds to your diet.

Most cravings are actually signals from our bodies that we are dehydrated, but we misinterpret them as hunger pangs. By some estimates, 80 percent of people are chronically dehydrated. So before you reach for food to nix your cravings, quench them with some water. Then wait half an hour. More often than not, they'll be gone.

Here is what WebMD says:

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-facts-about-food-cravings

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/lifestyle/what-your-food-cravings-really-mean.html
  • littleshadowfeet
    littleshadowfeet Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    updated miles... I'm not using my fitbit steps, only intentional walks for now. I may change that up once I'm done on Sunday.

May 2 - 1.5 miles
    May 3 - 8 miles
    May 6 - 3 miles
    May 9 - 3.72 miles
    May Total: 16.24 miles
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I hope you are all having a happy Friday. I had a nice afternoon with my SIL and daughter. My daughter took us both to get mani pedis for mothers day. She definitley has he sweet moments, so now I am typing this with sparkly red nails :laugh: I had a couple of drinks while they had lunch first since I had already eaten when she suggested the outing. I remembered Karens stand by of capt and coke so didnt break the calorie bank. All in all it has been a pretty great day. I finally broke the bottom number of my bounce around spot for the last few months and was able to record a 3 pound loss:bigsmile: The dogs and I had a nice walk and then girl time this afternoon. Yep things are going good. I am trying a new pasta recipie I saw on Giada at home the other day with parmesan crusted chicken cutlets for dinner tonight so hopefully that all comes out yummy. Well I hope everyone else is having as good a day as me. Take care and I will cya all on the flip side:bigsmile: :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:

Oops May Challenge:
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 2.5 miles
    5/3: 0 miles
    5/4: 2.4 miles
    5/5: 2.93 miles
    5/6: 5.43 miles
    5/7: 3.07 miles
    5/8: 0 miles (all day migraine)
    5/9: 3.68 miles
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was Brian's birthday. We were busy celebrating so I didn't have time to stop by. Today was a rainy day. I only had 1 case today which wasn't until later in the day. I spent the morning vegging on the couch. It was quite lovely!

Welcome newbies! :flowerforyou:

MyMOwMOw - That is wonderful that you end up getting fresh items from your coworkers. My cats are plant eaters too. I planted catnip and cat grass for them which I keep indoors. They have stopped eating my plants now that they have their own. :bigsmile:

Heather - When I create my recipes I keep a pad of paper and pen handy. I weigh each ingredient separately and write down so I can enter it into the recipe builder later. Right before I transfer my creation to the pan I am cooking it in, I put the pan on my scale, hit tare then pour everything in to get my final weight. I then take that number and write it down. While it is cooking I pull out my laptop and enter all the ingredients in recipe builder. I then decide how many servings I want then take that final weight and divide by number of servings. That gives me how many grams per serving size. I started putting (XXXgrams) in my recipe title so I know how many grams I wanted in a serving size. This makes it easier for me when I want to eat the leftovers and cannot remember my serving size. Hope that makes sense. There are times though that I am not in the mood to do that extra step and just end up dividing my recipes into even portions by eyeballing it. I have been successful with both my methods.
    When it comes to cravings, I give in to them. However, I make sure I log exactly what I eat and that I have room for it in my diary. Personally, I would be really miserable if I didn't give into my cravings once in a while. I believe allowing myself to indulge once in a while does prevent me from a binge at a later time.

Naceto - So glad to see you back in the group! I am sorry to hear about the loss of your puppy.

Robin - So glad to hear everything is benign! Congrats on the fantastic news.

Lives - Happy Birthday! ( A few days early) I hope you have a great weekend and celebrate you!

My Miles:
    5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - 6.92 miles
    5/4 - 2.13 miles
    5/5 - 4.73 miles
    5/6 - 5.64 miles
    5/7 - 4.39 miles
    5/8 - 3.28 miles
    5/9 - 2.91 miles (Lazy day!!!)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Gosh, I'm getting bad at personals... I read the posts, figure out what to say in my mind and *poof* it's all gone.

Morgori: some good info on cravings.. I've read an article like that before.

jt: congrats on the 3 lb loss!

little: sorry to hear that there's no real solution for your ankle.

Fitness Friday: It seems to me that all I seem to be talking about lately is exercise LOL. Well, I've been focusing a lot on getting extra walks/hikes in, doing C25K and working out at physio 3 times per week. And since I've been doing this the past few weeks, my weigh ins at physio have been quite impressive. Enough so that my trainer is excited to see what my weight is from week to week, and has started really pushing me with my exercises. I'm not complaining, I feel stronger than ever, but I couldn't do cardio day today, I was just too worn out. He gave me an easy few sets of weighted squats and lunges today after my bike ride. I am really hoping that I can keep up this pace, as I really do enjoy the extra calories I get to eat as a result.

Fitbit goals: (12,000/8 km): 9/31

Goal mileage: (155 km) (96 miles)
    5/1: 11.2 km (6.7 miles)
    5/2: 7.8 km (4.8 miles)
    5/3: 6.2 km (3.9 miles)
    5/4 8.1 km (5 miles)
    5/5 3.5km (2.2 miles)
    5/6 8.4 km (5.2 miles)
    5/7 5 km (3.1 miles)
    5/8 10.8 km (6.7 miles)
    5/9 6 km (3.7 miles)

Total: 67 km (41.3 miles) exercise only, not fitbit steps
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hey Y'all!
    I'm just doing a quick "drive by" to update Laurie on miles. Mom didn't feel so great yesterday so we stayed in and today has been rainy all day. We did at least get out to the Wally World, and tried a new BBQ place in town today with a friend. I also got a quick stroll in between showers but that's pretty much it for exercise since I've been here. I've been invited to a small craft show with a dear friend tomorrow so hopefully I can get a little more walking in. I hope everyone is having a fantastic end to their week and just in case I forget to say it later...
    HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Jenn:flowerforyou:

Mileage:
    5/7 - 1.69
    5/8 - 1.37
    5/9 - 1.76
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    So quick question....When you are frying something like my chicken cutlets tonight how do you account for the oil in the recipie builder? Any ideas? I couldn't figure it out so I just quick added 100 cals to my dinner total.
  • hjblackburn26
    Options
    Good evening everyone! I want to start off by saying that I am horrible at names and forget them by the time I go to reply so thank you to everyone for all the advice and good luck to all.

I had a wonderful weigh in this morning...I've lost 5lbs!!! But then this:

After sucess on the weigh-in this morning I blew my calories out of wack today. First, one of the dr's I work for bought us lunch, Mexican food. I didn't eat all the portion I ordered but it was still more calories than I normally eat at lunch. Then when I got home this evening I took my mom to the after hours clinic where she was diagnosed with shingles. This meant a late and fatty, fast food dinner and, due to stress and worry about my mom, I ate more than I should have. Now I'm paying for it because I feel awful. Hopefully this is another lesson learned for me!

Fitness Friday: Right now I'm doing one thing at a time. I'm starting with the food and then going on so no exercising right now except for routine, daily activity. I have found in the past that if I do to many changes at one time I get frustrated if I mess up and give up on everything. Hoping to add exercise soon. I'm thinking of either getting a FitBit or a HR monitor. Which do you all prefer? With the FitBit....which one do you use?
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    JT measure the number of teaspoons you put in the pan.

Just dropping in to catch up.

mileage updated. Keep it coming, we are doing great.

5/9 Rock climbing- 1 mile
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good evening, I had to finish my walk tonight in the rain. I had about 5 blocks to go when it started. It started slow, so I didn't get too wet. My total for today is 5.4 miles. That puts me at 39.55 for the month so far.
    I am always happy to see the positive reports. Jtconst, congratulations on finally breaking through that barrier. I can hardly wait for that to happen for me.
    Have a great weekend. I'm not sure what we will be doing, but I will probably hear from all of the kids.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Melwillbehealthy
    Melwillbehealthy Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Sat. Success: I've made it through one week of healthy eating. I'm not counting calories right now, just trying to eat better and adding exercise back into my life. I think I've lost a couple of lbs., but don't have a scale as I'm up north on vacation. Beautiful day here...going to work out. This will be the 3rd time this week. The first time I worked out, I felt sick afterwards. The second time , I took it a little easier, and felt ok. I'm hoping today that I feel good afterwards. I guess you have to work up to it.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was one of the busiest days at work ever. Everything went well, just a lot of patients! Made the day go by fast, which is always nice on a Friday.
    Last night we went to the school's family fun night at the bowling alley. Pizza, bowling, and lots of fun. We even went out for ice cream afterwards...DQ blizzards! So funny that someone brought those up on here recently as well. So, I guess my answer to that question is that I do eat the blizzard if I want it and it fits in my calories for the day. My kids had minis, my husband had a medium and I had a small.
    My weigh in this morning has me up a pound from two weeks ago, but I'm down from last week. Bouncing around with these 3 lbs or so. Hoping the 10K training and sunshine will help. We're just getting into growing season here, so it won't be long before I'm working on my container garden and growing some veggies for snacking on!

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles
    5/9: Rest Day
    5/10: 4.52 miles completed!

Under calories: 5/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 6/31
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Good evening, I had to finish my walk tonight in the rain. I had about 5 blocks to go when it started. It started slow, so I didn't get too wet. My total for today is 5.4 miles. That puts me at 39.55 for the month so far.
    I am always happy to see the positive reports. Jtconst, congratulations on finally breaking through that barrier. I can hardly wait for that to happen for me.
    Have a great weekend. I'm not sure what we will be doing, but I will probably hear from all of the kids.
    Onward and downward. Kaye

Great job pushing through- even in the rain! You are so inspiring, Kaye! :drinker:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Oh Kelley- Love software conversions (sarcasm). My new job exposes me to lots of the pain of that. Oh, I guess I have been there 9 months, but it still feels "new". I work in software- we design software for insurance companies. Thank you for your well wishes. Buddy was such a sweet dog. He is missed in our house, for sure.

Great job on the mileage everyone! I am so inspired by it all!

Naomi- I LOVE my fitbit. I have had it almost a year and while I don't reach some of the amazing numbers most folks do- it does keep me going and make me head toward the stairs more often than not.

hjwhite26- Though I'm late to the party on this mileage goal- I use a couple of things to track. For all day every day, I use a Fitbit One. It just clips on my bra, or I throw it in my pocket. I like that it also tracks sleep and flights of stairs climbed. When I intentionally go on a walk, I use NikePlus on my phone or ipod. I like the extra motivation it gives. I also use a site called everymove.org. This site pulls from all of the places I log (WW, MFP, Nike, Fitbit, and checkins on Facebook) and I earn points towards awesome coupons. One of the coupons was a $15 credit at YogaRat, another was a free produce box through a produce delivery service I already use. If I had to give up everything except one device and site- it would be fitbit and MFP.

Karen and all of the rest of the teachers- Thanks for all that you do!

Robinsegg- Thank you. I am so grateful that you are here. AND that you are cancer free!!! YAY. :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Bigunme- I am so glad to hear you are choosing to fight the good fight! You can do it!

Littleshadow- That stinks about your ankle, but it is awesome that you are working through and around it. I know for a long time, I let my hip and back pain keep me down... so am always inspired by those that push through and make it work. Good for you!!!
    :drinker:

Lives2Travel- Happy Birthday!!!

Tom- LOVE the quote- AWESOME job on the mileage. Also terrific info on the cravings! Thanks.

Aimeemarie- Thank you. It is good to see you. Don't you just adore when people think they are helping you with their "well meaning" comments?? My sister gave me a shirt for Christmas- it was a size medium (I wear 2x). She said, "Well you WERE doing so good until recently - I was sure you would fit a medium by now". HA. They love us... so we must ignore them :tongue: I have gotten to where I suggest better ways for my loved ones to communicate with me. At first, it offended them, but eventually they came around.

jtconst- Thank you very much. AWESOME on the mani/pedi... I love sparkly nails. :bigsmile:

JNettie- Thanks. I missed y'all! Vegging on the couch... one of my favorite past-times. :bigsmile: When using oil, I measure if it is liquid. If it is spray, there is a serving size based on the number and length of sprays, I think.

Saturday success- I am still here. I behaved most of the week and haven't had any binges since I started fresh. One day at a time, right?
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    The Color Run was AWESOME!!! I highly recommend it!!

2014-05-10122051_zpsdbf1b2e1.jpg

I AM A SUPERSTAR!!

20140510_083701_zps161075cc.jpg

I DID IT!! I finished in 1 our and 30 minutes and that time includes standing in line about 20 runners deep at a gas station along the way because Chelsea, Luz (Mike's ex-girlfriend) and I all had to use the restroom!! LOL We also stopped at every Color Station to have someone take our picture so we'd have "progression" pictures along the way!.

2014-05-10114503_zps930d107a.jpg

We decided we will do it again next year! This is on our way out AFTER we were blown with a leaf blower to remove excess "color". BTW, we STILL have some BLUE that the first shower didn't remove! LOL But still WELL WORTH IT!!

This is (left to right) Luz, me and Chelsea!

20140510_095504_zps6732e472.jpg
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    uh oh, that last one needed a resize!

• RobinB0812
    Options
    uh oh, that last one needed a resize!

hmm, still not working. I will try to get this one right and post when I do.
  • RobinB0812
    Options
    let's try this one! Luz, me and Chelsea

e8d96a40-0f64-4547-8c63-de32cba2158a_zps312809e8.jpg