RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Quick mileage update:
    5/11 - .9
    5/12 - .19 (left my Fitbit at home today!). :grumble: :explode: :angry:
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    The weather is really getting nice. I got my 'flagpole' flower garden planted. If everything grows well, it should be really pretty in a few weeks. This evening Nicole, Cathy, and I had a great walk, too.
    Mileage for today: 5.7 miles
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    Monday Check-In: Didn't do to bad over the weekend but I did go over my calories by a little on both days. I'm still trying to get the hang of things. Today was really stressful at work because of all the changes being made to our clinic and to the way things are done at the hospital but I was able to do well and stay under my calories.

Quick question: During the week I normally don't eat much during the day because we are so busy. This means I leave most of my calories for dinner and by that time I'm pretty hungry. Is this healthy to eat most of my calories in the evening? I am normally the one that cooks dinner for a family my family of 4. We do try to eat healthy but it's the amount that I eat that I'm concerned about that late in the evening. Take for instance today: this morning I ate two strawberry bars that were 100 calories for both, at lunch I had a pizza lunchable that was 200 calories plus a applesauce cup at 80, for snack I had a handful of peanuts and three mini corndogs. My daily calorie limit is 2310 so by the time dinner came around I still had well over 1500 calories. For dinner I ate tacos and spanish rice. I was still under my calories but my dinner was more calories than anything else. I'm just so confused on what I should and shouldn't be doing.

@skinnyjeanz: thanks for sharing! I still don't like telling my weight to a lot of people face-to-face because I'm afraid of the looks I might get but I'm getting there.

@heather--when you consume your calories can impact your level of hunger and metabolism, but I'm a firm believer in calories in/calories out--regardless of when you consume them. If your are taking in less calories than you expend, you should lose weight. From what I've seen on this thread for 3+ years, that's especially true when people still have quite a bit to lose.

Of course, when you eat certain types of foods can affect how hungry your are. For example, if I eat too many carbs too early in the day, I have a harder time sticking to my calorie goal, so I tend to try for protein early. However, that's partly due to the fact that I'm getting closer to my goal weight, and thus have less calories overall. I'm a night owl, so I tend to eat more of my calories later in the day--if I'm honestly sticking to my calorie goals, I still lose weight (though much more slowly than when I first started). I've tried to shift to an earlier breakfast and more calories earlier in the day, but it just doesn't work for me.

I would say as long as you aren't hungry, and you are losing weight, keep doing what you're doing.
  • skinnyjeanzbound
    skinnyjeanzbound Posts: 3,932 Member
    Options
    <----New pic is of BV1980 and I at the Glo Run in Chicago a couple of weeks ago. Don't you love my chic glasses? :laugh:
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Gosh RobinB! The Color Run looks like a BLAST! Glad you had fun!

P1xyn1xy! YAY on the work pants!! Doesn't it feel awesome? I'm excited to get back to the "normal stores" as well... I was there for a brief moment- I will get there again! Keep up the great work- but no more of that being sick stuff ;)

Susan- Thank you :) Don't I know it! The computer for fun or life outside of work and school??? So challenging to get on here. I figure I will just take it one day at a time.

Kelley- I LOVE Old Navy for workout clothes! Don't they just have the best deals???

Littleshadow- AWESOME job on the half marathon! Way to go!

Skinnyjeanz- I hope you are past your hungover sinus thing. Isn't it just the worst to get sick on top of that? Feel better quick

Ellen! / Robinsegg- I am so glad to hear you are safe. Take care

You are all doing so fabulously at the challenge- I would love to hop on the next time. I only get a couple miles in on most days, but are we counting walking on "purpose" or does fitbit "all day" mileage count?

Well - Sunday, I was far too busy being lazy to post... but I did log my food (though it wasn't pretty). My son cooked for me for Mother's Day... I won' t list all of the tastiness- but it was good. I didn't go too far over on my calories, so I will forgive myself. Today, I took the stairs more often than not, met with my trainer for an awesome workout, and only ate two bites of my son's McDonalds food. I chose salad over sandwiches or pasta at Panera and had a protein drink when I craved a snack. All in all- I did pretty dang good. :)
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Good Evening My fellow Warriors!
    I hope that everyone’s Mother’s Day weekend went well! I was glad to get to spend mine with my Mama and had a good visit with no major foibles! Yay! I am afraid though that Mama will need me close to her sooner rather than later. She’s 82 and has been doing really well on her own for nearly 3 years now since Daddy passed, but she’s getting slightly more wobbly on her feet, and she’s stubborn (Oh SO Stubborn!) so she basically refuses to use any sort of walking cane, walker or anything else to help her to keep from falling on her more wobbly days. I’ve mentioned getting a Life Alert to her and you’d have thought I had suddenly grown another head. Luckily, she has a couple of really good neighbors who check on her on a daily basis and help her out when needed since I live 1.5 hours away. For now, I pray and try to plan for the day I need to uproot and move back to the hometown.

@ Aimeemarie – I just realized Just How Close you are to your Onderland goal! Woot! I’m so sorry that your Mom made you feel devastated because of her poorly chosen words! Mine told me this weekend that she’d be So Glad when I got into a size 18, because she would love me in a size 18! I just kind of made the statement that it’s not like she’d love me more than she did now if I were thinner, and her answer was, “Of Course I’d love you more! You’d be thinner!” That made me feel like that unconfident, unhappy, undeserving, fat kid that I was growing up with her constant barbs at me about my weight. You are not alone darlin. You Are AWESOME!!!!!

@ Heidi – I Love the look on your face in the new photo! Congratulations on finishing your half marathon!!

@ L2T – Happy Belated Birthday! I just know you’re going to Rock 56 like no other!

@ Pixy – The Hubby works in a restaurant too, and they got killed all weekend long! If you serve, I do hope that your tips were well worth the time you put in! I love to Watch Zumba… I have absolutely NO rhythm and don’t feel like I could ever do it, but Lauren is fun to watch! WTG on getting in those 16’s! Hey!

@ Tom – Wow! Thank you for the information on cravings! I am going to read the other articles you posted about them too!

@ RobinB – Awesome pics from your Color Run! I SO want to do one next year! There are two more here in the next couple of months, but I’m not ready for walking the three miles just yet… Next year, I’ll be ready to not only walk them, but maybe even Run them!

My goals for this week are to get the roof fixed, get the yard done, get my okra replanted (first round didn’t come up at all, get some bean seed planted in my last tire, to get some fertilize on everything and to get some walks and exercise in before I go back to work on Thursday.

Jenn :flowerforyou:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Wed 5/7 – 1.69 miles (4179 steps)
    Thurs 5/8 – 1.36 miles (3357 steps)
    Friday 5/9 – 1.76 miles (4348 steps)
    Saturday 5/10 – 2.57 miles (6371 steps)
    Sunday 5/11 – 1.34 miles (3330 steps)
    Monday 5/12 - 1.06 miles (2625 steps)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    May Mileage Goals:
    5 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    4 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week (LS - Walk at Home)
    1 / 12 - Days with 10,000 steps or more (Work Days)
    26.49 / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit / Extra)
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Good Morning!

Took myself and the dog on an early morning walk. We walked yesterday at noon and despite the shade on the greenway, it was HOT. I did see it's going to be cooler later in the week, but I think we've reached the point where early morning or late evening are going to be our walking times. No more sleeping late.....boo.

I'm loving our May Challenge and like the idea of doing it on a regular basis. Can't we setup a spreadsheet in Google Docs and post a link to it so everyone can enter their own updates? I have a few spreadsheets I keep in Google Docs for my budget and investments that only I have access to, but you can set one up that's public. I've done a few challenges on MFP that use them and all you do is copy the link and paste it your browser to gain access. We could post individual and group results once a week in the thread, but no one would have to keep up with totals or try and figure out mileage for each person. Since I have a Google account, I can play around and try to set a public one up if no one else knows how to do so.

On a downside of our challenge, my heels hurt when I got up this morning. I've had Plantar Fasciitis in the past and do not want to go there again. I'm going to go to the running store and get some new heel inserts and start doing the stretches and massage a couple times a day. I'd forgotten how much I love to walk and don't want to be sidelined by pain.

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2.00 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.5 miles (class plus 1.5 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2.00 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.5 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2.0 mile walk)
    5/13 - 2.0 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 40.25
  • kah68
    kah68 Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    @hjwhite~I’ve discovered that lunch is the highest calorie meal for me, I do tend to eat less for dinner (especially less carbs). I’m carb sensitive though, so it works best for me. Karen (Skinnyjeanz) had some great advice too. Everyone needs to find what works for them, if eating a lot for dinner is working and you’re losing weight—don’t change a thing. Like she said, as long as the calories you expend are more than the calories you consume, you will lose weight (of course, not all calories should be in the form of chocolate cake:laugh: ). If you are looking to increase your calories at earlier meals, though, I would suggest increasing your protein. I was horrified the first time I had to get on a scale with my trainer, I’ve always kept that number to myself (actually still do for the most part).

@RobinB~I hate it when I forget my Fitbit! :cry:

@Karen~Love the new pic, looks like you had fun!

@Heidi~Great job on your half-marathon, gotta live finishing under your goal!

@Nicole~I’m using my Fitbit for the mileage challenge, I really only walk/run for exercise once or twice a week—the rest of the time is an elliptical. I get a lot of walking in at work though, so figured it was a better gauge for miles.

AFM~For the second week in a row I drove home in torrential rain, hour commute again.:frown: Luckily it was just thunderstorms yesterday, no tornado activity—I hope it helped the lakes some, we are in a terrible drought. No gym yesterday, have session with my trainer tonight though. I feel like it’s safe to post my workouts again—I think work and life will return to normal now (fingers crossed).

Mileage Update:

Monday, 5/12/14--2.75mi

Exercise Goals:

Sunday~Run with Trainer DONE!
    Monday~Rest Day (worked late)
    Tuesday~Trainer
    Wednesday~Cardio at gym
    Thursday~Trainer
    Friday~Rest Day
    Saturday~Cardio at Gym
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone.

Laurie- Sure send the spreadsheets and I’ll post them.

Kelley- Hope your work and life get back to normal, good luck with the new software.

hjwhite- I like to eat at least three meals a day including breakfast as Type 2 diabetes seems to be better with a spreading out of the calories during the day and evening. The others are right and if it is working for you keep losing the weight. As you get rid of the extra pounds and you get closer to where you want to end up you may have to change things to keep it going. I know that I have been holding at the same weight for way too long. I like the reports here to keep track of what helps and what is bad for my continued losses. Keep logging everything every day and the reports will show you trends.
    here is my sodium report but there are many others calories, fat , sugar, exercise (my down fall), fitbitsteps and sleep, vitaim C, and others. I like seeing the report and comparing health indicators with eating trends.

b87ffeb4-7a04-47c3-aa54-22c581d8f2f2_zps20915376.jpg

512_zps6abfb43b.jpg

I have broken into the 250’s! happy-dance.gif

“Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.” ~Dennis P. Kimbro

Tom
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Nothing exciting to report today. We went to Brian's mother's house last night to celebrate his bday. It was ok. For the most part she was on good behavior and it was surprisingly an "Ok" evening.

Yesterday before work I was in the gardens for several hours. I didn't get all my herbs in but dug up the border of the garden and replanted all the Belgium blocks. That was a bigger job than I had anticipated and took longer than expected. Today I decided to clean house and do laundry before work rather than play in the dirt. The house has been a bit neglected since I have been spending so much time outside and really needed a good cleaning.

Still no news on the job front. The interviews have started for the aides. I heard through the grapevine we should be hearing in a week or so. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Pixy - So sorry that your son hurt your feelings. I am glad you had a talk with him though.

Skinny - One of the joys of only working PT time is I have a lot of free time on my hands so I have no trouble finding time to do all my gardening. I don't know how I would manage it if I worked FT.

My Miles:
    5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - 6.92 miles
    5/4 - 2.13 miles
    5/5 - 4.73 miles
    5/6 - 5.64 miles
    5/7 - 4.39 miles
    5/8 - 3.28 miles
    5/9 - 2.91 miles (Lazy day!!!)
    5/10 - 4.53 miles
    5/11 - 4.47 miles
    5/12 - 4.08 miles
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    good morning everyone. It is beautiful and warm today here in the pacific northwest. I am trying to think how I am going to rework my schedule here soon for my walks. I know me and once it gets to warm I wont do it so going to have to go early morning I think since I am to likely to talk myself out of it in the evening. I had a lot of exercise calories to burn yesterday thank goodness. My darling children brought doritoes into the house and I already had a big container of cottage cheese. Those two together is like kryptonite to me. I started that when I was pregnant with my youngest and just never quit. So yummy..... Well needless to say the doritoes are gone and the kids have been threatend with death if I see them again anytime soon:grumble: My goal this week is same as last to stay in the black in my diary every day if I can. I got 5/7 last week so shooting for all the way this time.

jnettie after reading some of the posts about your garden I dont think mine can really compare in size. It is 10x20. You put in 14 tomatoe plants. I put in six. But I think it will be good enough to get me started and like my dad said if it does well then we can expand it next year.
    Tom super congrats on the 250's. I cant wait for that day:bigsmile:

I am totally on board with doing this challenge again. Anything to give me that extra push to get my tush out the door:laugh:
    Well I am off to some laundry. Have a great day everyone and dont forget your water:drinker: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :drinker:

Mat Challenge:
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 2.5 miles
    5/3: 0 miles
    5/4: 2.4 miles
    5/5: 2.93 miles
    5/6: 5.43 miles
    5/7: 3.07 miles
    5/8: 0 miles
    5/9: 3.68 miles
    5/10: 3.44 miles
    5/11: 3.89 miles
    5/12: 5.76 miles was adjusted after I added more miles later in the day
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    This has been a super busy weekend, and a busy week this week to go along with it. At least Saturday was some fun time geocaching with a big group of people. We didn't finish until past 1am! Sunday I went to visit my mother, and got a call from my daughter. My BF and I went down to Port Dover (of Friday 13 biker gathering fame) and had hotdogs and hamburgers at the Arbour, my BF's favourite.

All this week I have appointments. Yesterday I took my car in to get a wheel alignment. They did the front, but the back was so bad I have to bring it back on Thursday because they need more time. I have a dreaded dentist check up today... I fear the dentist like nothing else. I get so nervous that the freezing has no effect on me, I need a sedative to get through it. Cleanings aren't much better, I need my gums numbed with topical due to root pain. I have to go for a run after that, then tomorrow and Friday I have physio, so my week is pretty much shot for any down time. I did manage to get the grass cut yesterday for the first time this season, it was so long. I racked up over 4000 steps, so didn't need to go for a walk after dinner. I am so looking forward to this weekend as we have a holiday next Monday so its a 3 day weekend. Woohoo!!

Fitbit goals: (12,000/8 km): 12/31 (one rest day)

Goal mileage: (155 km) (96 miles)
    5/1: 11.2 km (6.7 miles)
    5/2: 7.8 km (4.8 miles)
    5/3: 6.2 km (3.9 miles)
    5/4 8.1 km (5 miles)
    5/5 3.5 km (2.2 miles)
    5/6 8.4 km (5.2 miles)
    5/7 5 km (3.1 miles)
    5/8 10.8 km (6.7 miles)
    5/9 6 km (3.7 miles)
    5/10 16.3 km (10.1 miles)
    5/11 0
    5/12 3.2 km (2 miles)

Total: 86.5 km (53.4 miles) exercise only, not fitbit distance

ETA: I love the idea of doing this challenge again... it's really getting me off my butt! And we are doing so awesome this month!
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    My vegatbles are in, I have been waiting for the cold to go away but it is still here, had to cover them up last night. They were starting to look bad in they little starter pots. So I decided to get them in the ground, I guess we will see what grows.

No new news for me great during the week and then slip on the weekend. I guess all that eating out last week did not help I put back on the pound I lost the other week. I really have to watch myself on the weekends and drink on the weekends.

Glad to see all the walking, this is fun with the MapMyWalk app. We are almost half way through the month and I am not half way to my goal, well that is what a goal is for to push you, so I better get walking.

May Mileage Goal: 40 miles
    5/1 = 1.98
    5/2 = 0.86
    5/5 = 0.86
    5/6 = 1.67
    5/7 = 1.56
    5/8 = 1.74
    5/10 = 1.70
    5/11= 1.84
    5/13= 1.77

May total : 13.97 miles
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Just updating today's mileage:

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2.00 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.5 miles (class plus 1.5 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2.00 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.5 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2.0 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.5 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 42.75
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hjwhite- I am a little concerned that you are not eating more in the morning and throughout the day. You body needs the fuel to keep it running it’s best. Here is what my trainer told me about my meals. Largest meal should be breakfast (you have all day to work it off). Lunch is a smaller (less time) Dinner should be your smallest meal (less time to work it off before you go to bed. Yes, it is important to eat your calories just try to space them out evenly. Like a few others have said you need to do what works for you.

Karen- I love the picture of you and Brian. You are rocking the glasses.

Naceto-It is your choice on what you want to track. Some are tracking exercise miles only other are using the fitbit mileage. You just set your goal on what you want to achieve during the month.

L2T- Happy Belated Birthday. Have a great year.

NSV tonight- I went out with my meet up group and one of the members asked if I had lost weight. That is a tough question for me to answer right now since my weight has stayed the same for the past year or two. However, I said “I hope so.” She said, “do you mind if I ask how much?’ I replied-No, I lost 67 pounds. Her response was “surprised? Since I’ve known you?” I replied no but my weight has been staying the same. The look on her face was priceless, when she realized how much I had lost. When people ask me if I have lost weight, I have no problem telling them how much. It is fun especially since they did not know me when I was heavier, yes I am still overweight but working on it. It is nice to know that I am toning and forming muscle.
  • hjblackburn26
    Options
    Good evening everyone! Hope everyone has had a good day. I did ok today but ate out twice because we were on the road for appts. Still came in under my calories and got some 'activity' in today with walking and cleaning.

Tuesday Goals: My goal for this week is to try to figure out the best thing to do with my meals and how many calories I eat. I posted a thread yesterday and I appreciate the advice from skinnyjeanz, kah68, morgori, and lauriek70. I know that I shouldn't eat most of my calories in the evening due to going to bed a few hours later. Some people have suggested to have breakfast as my biggest meal. I will try that but not sure how that will work. I'm not really a breakfast eater due to not really being hungry until almost lunchtime. I do eat something small because I know it's not good to go without a meal. Plus, I don't really have time in the morning to make something big. My husband and I ride together to work and we have to leave at least one hour before time to be there because of where we live. I know this is me being lazy because if I got up early enough I could make breakfast...UGH! Here I go again making excuses!!!! All I can say right now is I will try...it's difficult to do when others are not doing the same thing with you. How do you deal with that? I make dinner for all of us and then I want to eat the same thing but the dinners are higher calorie then anything else I eat during the day. For lunch I normally just do a sandwich or a frozen meal, I very rarely go out to eat due to trying to save money and the time we get for lunch.

Sorry to ramble...I'm just getting frustrated at myself trying to figure this all out.:grumble:
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Milestones for the week ending on 5/11/14

Starting line
    Brandy-where are you?

4 miles (8K) :smile:
    Robin E (4 miles) (looking for update if possible)

5 Miles (9K)
    9 miles=15K
    10-miler

12 miles=20K :wink:
    Ushkil (12.21 miles)

½ marathon- 13.1 miles=22km

16 miles-Sprint Triathlon Level (you just complete the distance of a Sprint Triathlon):laugh:
    tlh (18.87 miles)
    Robin B (21.74 miles)
    Karen (skinny) (24.5 miles)

Marathon club-26.2 miles=43km:happy:
    Hansea (27.89 miles)
    JT constant (30.34 miles)
    Little Shadow (29.32) Goal Meet and exceeded Congrats
    Tom (30.46 miles)
    Damesha (26.5 miles)

33.93 Miles=Olympic distance triathlon level (51.5km) :bigsmile:
    Lives2travel (34.25 miles)
    Kelley (35.52 miles)
    Aimmeemarie (52.23 miles)
    P1nxy1xy (56.68 miles)
    Laurie (45.98 miles)
    Kaye (47.2 miles)
    Tanya (51.4 miles)
    Nettie (46.15 miles)

595.24 miles completed of 1453 (number has been updated since I have mileage goals for everyone). We are 41% completed.:drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :heart: :flowerforyou:

GREAT JOB Everyone, we are rocking this challenge.:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Yes, I am up for doing it again. I had intended to put this on google docs but I did not get around to it. I do enjoy recording all the data and I am becoming more adept at using spreadsheets.
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    hjwhite- Just a quick thought on your not being hungry for breakfast. It may be that you're not hungry at that time because of your big dinner the night before....it may help to start with a smaller dinner the night before your first bigger breakfast. If it doesn't work for you to change your calorie distribution at this time, I wouldn't worry about it too much as long as you seem to be losing. I eat my biggest meal at the end of the day as well, and it works for me. I have a lot to lose yet, so that might change as I get closer to my goal.

Breaking in my sweet new running shoes this week...remember that I bought my first pair of Brooks a couple weeks ago, loved them and decided to order a second pair? Also, recall that my only regret about the first pair was that the color was not very exciting (gray and pink)? Well, I went and picked up my second pair over the weekend....and by chance I scored a pair of the brightest, more obnoxious color-combos out there. They're bright blue, lime green and an orange called "firey coral". So excited! I feel faster, but the clock says otherwise. :laugh:

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles
    5/1: 2.83 miles completed!
    5/2: Rest Day
    5/3: 4.52 miles completed!
    5/4: 2.64 miles completed!
    5/5: 1.5 miles completed!
    5/6: 4.39 miles completed!
    5/7: 2.5 miles completed!
    5/8: 3.47 miles completed!
    5/9: Rest Day
    5/10: 4.52 miles completed!
    5/11: 1.5 miles completed!
    5/12: Rest Day
    5/13: 4.99 miles completed!

Under calories: 8/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 6/31
  • NewCaddy
    NewCaddy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Things have been super busy here. Been keeping up with you all but not doing very good with my diet or exercise lately. Not terrible, but not great.

5/1 1.32
    5/2 2.35
    5/3 3.64
    5/4 0.92
    5/5 2.21
    5/6 1.51
    5/7 1.00
    5/8 1.98
    5/9 2.04
    5/10 2.00
    5/11 2.54
    5/12 1.11
    5/13 2.04 (but I also got 32 floors in -- the track was set in a stadium on the side of a hill -- 7 year old needed to go to the bathroom ALOT)

Band is done. Jazz is done. Track is now done. Choir wraps up with practice tomorrow and three numbers on Sunday then we have the summer off. Just still wheeling and dealing with the house but I think we're getting close!. Had a funeral on Saturday and another on tomorrow. This one is my dad's cousin. He farmed about 7 miles from us and we shared a birthday. He and I visited last summer...he was struggling with cancer and the end was not pleasant so it's definitely a blessing that he is no longer suffering.

I just keep thinking "I only have to get through two more weeks and then school is done." Good night everyone. I'm going to take a relaxing bath and hit the bed early tonight.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Tlh, I'm counting the days until school is out, too. Anya is really getting to be a handful, and Keith gets so bored on the days he doesn't have school. The last day of school is May 23. I'm ready for a rest!
    The board has been busy today, and I love it. You are all inspiring to me. I love the mileage challenge. I bought some new walking shoes and am pleased to report that I no longer wear a double wide. The wide fits.
    DH was my only walking partner today. We walked 3.04 miles. I think that puts me at about half-way.
    Onward and downward. Kaye