Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• kimmadura
    kimmadura Posts: 16
    Options
    Awesome thread! What I do to get fit is I try to exercise with different friends since everyone has different schedules. I do every type of exercise from leisurely walking, playing soccer, weight training, You tube exercise videos, etc. My downfall is I love all food! And I like to eat late at night too! I love motivation from others also!
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    May12: 6.25 miles
    May13: 7.68
    May14: 4.61
    May15: 6.40
    May Total: 85.62 miles
    Goal: 100 miles

Hey folks!!!
    Hi Robin! I know what you mean... sometimes people don't censor themselves. My grandmother is like that. Some of the things she says are appalling. Love her but WOW! My husband has Crohn's but it didn't show up with the normal symptoms. The doctors were guessing what could be wrong with him for almost 2 years. I had to take over all the shared responsiblities. The medications that they put him on (to begin with) changed his personality.. it was tough and scary. He's always going to have it but it's treatable. But it's a good wake up call to get healthy. :noway: I'm sorry your ortho pulled your activity. Great job keeping positive. Anyone would feel down for a bit with that news.
    hjwhite, I know this is very late but I think you should eat something more in the morning. At least 300 calories. The nurses told me that it was important to the body after sleep, to eat within 2 hours. If you have something in the morning, you won't be quite so hungry at lunch. I find if I wait too long to eat... I eat MORE than I would normally. Juggle it till it works for you. Remember that you don't want to just lose, eventually you'll want to maintain and just be healthy!!! Remember that tomorrow is a new day. We all have lapses. We just pick ourselves up and keep trying. None of us is perfect.:wink: And I do eat more during that time. I mix cramps up with hunger. Plus for some reson carbs make me feel better. I just have to be careful.
    nicole, Thanks! It sounds like you got a bit spoiled on Mom's Day! Great job controlling it! :smile:
    Jenn, Nope, I'm a cook... but still crazy weekend. I love Zumba... I was really awkward to begin with but I got better over time. I started at home where no one watched me but the kids. :laugh: They think I rock!!! Hope you got everything crossed off your list! I can't even plant anything till next Monday.:ohwell: I have the gardening itch. I'm so jealous of everyone else. lol!
    Nettie, still so jealous that you're in your garden! So much fun!! Congrats on getting those summer postings!!!
    jt, Is doritoes and cottages cheese good? I've never tried that and can't imagine it.
    Karen, I love the pic.:happy:
    Laurie thanks for adding me in the challenge... I know I started late. This challenge is kinda fun! I'm sorry about the loss of your friend. Sounds like you've thought of a great way to remember him.
    hansea, The runners sound great. I went to go get a pair. My feet are so big that they're recommending men's. They colours aren't anywhere near as cool.
    aimeemarie, Sorry about your Mom! Some people can't empathize or offer support you need. That's why you got MFP!!! You're doing AWESOME!!!!
    4dnewbegin, Make some of your activities ones your kids can do with you. Have a dance party, do a fun workout video that they can try to mimic. You can also do some AFTER the kids are in bed. Just some ideas. Pay close attention to your logging. 90% of the battle is food control and 10% is exercise.
    tlh, I know exactly what you mean. I can't wait till the kids activities wind up for the summer. They go till the end on June. :tongue:
    Kaye, the amount you walk is amazing... great work!!

My food and exercise is a little all over this week. Monday I got to watch my littlest and eldest play soccer. My girl is very opinionated and when she's starts to play she gets this mean scowl on her face. :laugh: Another kid pushed her from behind because she thought she was moving to slow... I thought she was going to turn around and deck her. :laugh: My oldest was great on the field but they were seriously outmatched. The other team was amazing. Then I volunteered at the school with my middle's Kindergarten class on Tuesday. My boy kept showing me off to everyone. :blushing: I got to play dice games with the kids to help them work on their counting skills. He made me come out and play with all his friends a t recess. Then the got outside playtime because the gym was in use. I started making chalk drawings with him and the next thing I know... I got 6 kids helping me. :love: Then on Wednesday I helped out in my eldest's class. They were making pysanky. So cute. My son brought his home today he's so proud. I really need to go grocery shopping tomorrow... I'm almost out of vegetables. :noway: Goodnight everyone!!!
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday (at last)!

@pixy and kaye - You ladies are putting in some amazing miles. Very impressive!

@4dnewbegin - Losing weight is all about a calorie deficit. Exercise is good for your health and will allow you to eat more calories, but is not necessary to lose weight. I did no exercise for the first 6-7 months. It was just too hard and not at all pleasant at 295 lbs. And for me, too overwhelming to do it all at once. I got my eating under control, lost 80 lbs. and then added regular exercise. I really wish all the diet "experts" would quit making people feel that unless they exercise too, weight loss is impossible. Seems like a disservice to all of us who are struggling with our weight and don't need to make things any more difficult than they are.

@robin - Sorry you've been sidelined while waiting for an MRI. Not fair!

@nettie - YAY for you! Glad to hear your summer employment is set.

@laurie - So sorry for the loss of your friend. What a nice way to honor his memory.

@mahogany - Welcome to the group! You'll find lots of encouragement and help here.

AFM - Not too much to report this week. Down another 1.2 lbs and not quite to the halfway point on my mileage even though the month is more than half gone. I need to step it up!

May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2.00 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.5 miles (class plus 1.5 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2.00 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.5 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2.0 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.5 miles (walk)
    5/14 - 2.0 miles (class)
    5/15 - 2.0 miles (class)
    5/16 - 3.0 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 49.75
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    I need some input and help from the group:

I'm currently in a size 16 (starting to get a bit loose) and weigh 188. My goal is 140-145. I'm guessing I'll be a size 10-12 when I get there and I feel confident I'll be there by this time next year. I'm seeing some great sales at stores like Talbots whose clothes fit me very well. I even know what fit of pants suits me in their clothes.

Would you buy some summer clothes in a size 12 for next year? I'm thinking that if they're a bit big (one can only dream), I can have them altered down a size. I don't see myself ever being smaller than a 10, so 12 seems pretty safe. I hate the thought of spending a ton more money next Spring when I should be able to get great deals this summer at the Talbots outlet near me.

I'm facing entire new wardrobe (from the skin out) for Fall/Winter in October and a new Spring/Summer wardrobe next April. I'm freaking out about the cost and am trying to devise ways to save as much money as possible. I don't want to buy things based solely on cost since once I'm at my goal I want things I really like, will last and fit me well.

Do you ever buy things ahead of time or do you think it's a bad idea?
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Nothing newsworthy to report. I have zero motivation to do anything this week and all I want to do is sleep. I think it is from all the allergy meds I have been taking to combat the "joys" of the season.

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Welcome newbies!

Laurie - I was given 2:3 positions I applied for. One was to continue with my current position the other is home-aide supervisor. Basically I will be doing the same thing I am doing now for my agency. Going into the homes, creating goals and programs for the child to do at home. The only difference is I have to supervise the aides who have to implement it rather than implement it myself. I did not get a summer school class but I am ok with that. In the interview they were stressing substitute position. I really don't want to sub because I need consistency and a routine just for my own sanity. I could not imagine being on call to work at a moments notice, having to go in and pick up sub plans and teach without really knowing the students or what they learned previously. I looked over the names of the teachers who were picked and they were all teachers who have taught summer school previously. If I were picked for it it seems like it would have been to be a sub. I am thankful for the 2 positions that they gave me!

Damensha - Congrats on the first tomato. I spotted my first flower on one of my tomato plants the other day. I was a bit surprised as my plants are quite small yet.

Robin - That's the attitude! I love it!

My Miles:
    5/1 - 3.41 miles
    5/2 - 3.74 miles
    5/3 - 6.92 miles
    5/4 - 2.13 miles
    5/5 - 4.73 miles
    5/6 - 5.64 miles
    5/7 - 4.39 miles
    5/8 - 3.28 miles
    5/9 - 2.91 miles
    5/10 - 4.53 miles
    5/11 - 4.47 miles
    5/12 - 4.08 miles
    5/13 - 3.1 miles
    5/14 -2.23 miles
    5/15 - 2.11 miles
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Good morning all.

515_zps5754ea08.jpg

“You will never change your life until you change something you do daily.” ~Mike Murdock

Tom
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    L2T, I would be hesitant to get very many things for next summer. I'm not sure how tall you are, but I'm thinking you may be off a bit in the size you will be. At 170 I am wearing a size 12 now. I'm pretty 'dense' in my build, but you might be smaller than you think you will when you reach your goal. I have bought a couple of things that I called 'goal pieces'. I've kept the cost of new clothes down by only buying a couple of new things, and shopping thrift stores for the bulk of my wardrobe. You have to shop around, but I've found a couple of thrift stores that I can rely on for nice things. I've also found some incredible buys by watching clearance sales online. That's my 2 cents worth.
    I'm so impressed with how quickly you are losing your weight. I'm feeling incredibly stuck right now physically and mentally. Keep it up.
    Onward and downward. Kaye
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    L2T, I would be hesitant to get very many things for next summer. I'm not sure how tall you are, but I'm thinking you may be off a bit in the size you will be. At 170 I am wearing a size 12 now. I'm pretty 'dense' in my build, but you might be smaller than you think you will when you reach your goal. I have bought a couple of things that I called 'goal pieces'. I've kept the cost of new clothes down by only buying a couple of new things, and shopping thrift stores for the bulk of my wardrobe. You have to shop around, but I've found a couple of thrift stores that I can rely on for nice things. I've also found some incredible buys by watching clearance sales online. That's my 2 cents worth.
    I'm so impressed with how quickly you are losing your weight. I'm feeling incredibly stuck right now physically and mentally. Keep it up.

Kaye -

Thanks for the advice. I'm 5' 8" (or at least I was before I shrunk 1/2" due to age) so I'm definitely not in the petite category! I would consider my bone structure to be average not large or small. My youngest daughter (who is 5' 9.5" and has long thin bones) wears a size 4/6. I know there is no way I will ever get to there, but maybe an 8 isn't out of the question.

I guess I'll wait and save my pennies. I'm not as worried about Fall/Winter since I won't yet be at my ultimate goal and will definitely be bargain shopping. It's next Spring/Summer that has me worried. I want clothes that are well made, classic and that I can wear for years and that means more expensive. Maybe I'll buy some lottery tickets........

P.S. I'm sorry you feel stuck. You're doing amazing with your walking and I know the rewards will come.
  • naceto
    naceto Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Howdy y'all! Just checking in... Friday fitness: Trainer kicked my tushy yesterday with a new workout! We do this thing called "Beyonce butt", where we sort of tip our leg behind us and our head down and touch the floor with one hand (same hand that has the leg in the air)... WOW I can see how I will soon have Beyonce butt for sure!

My trainer gave me tickets to see the Seattle Storm play L.A. tonight in Seattle. My son loves basketball so we are super excited. I will refrain from overdoing it on the stadium food. :bigsmile:

Have a great weekend!
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    wow...you guys are rocking it with piling up the miles :drinker: :drinker:
    gonna try a bike ride before more yard work. Hopefully i will be able to breathe a bit better today
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Just a quick check in and miles update.

Oh goodness…. I was just reading my post from yesterday and realized that I said I made my steel cut oats Chia flavored. LOL! I Meant to say Chai flavored! I think they are slimy enough without chia seed added in. :noway: I was lazy this morning and didn’t get my walk with Leslie in, I’ll be pushing It to get all my steps in tonight at work in four hours I think. We shall see. I’ll try to get some personals done later if I’ve got time.

Have a great evening everyone!
    Jenn :flowerforyou:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Monday 5/12 – 1.06 miles (2625 steps)
    Tuesday 5/13 – 2.51 miles (6210 steps)
    Wednesday 5/14 – 2.91 miles (7102 steps)
    Thursday 5/15 – 2.86 miles (7013 steps)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    May Mileage Goals:
    7 / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    8 / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week (LS - Walk at Home)
    1 / 12 - Days with 10,000 steps or more (Work Days)
    35.83 / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit / Extra)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    L2T... A size 16? I'm surprised because I'm 211 lb, 5'4" and size 16 as well. I believe I fit a size 14 at 200 lbs last time I was there. Anyway, maybe you could make a small regular payment each week to a new clothing fund. I used to put all the change I got in a jar to save up instead of responding it. It adds up faster than you think. Kaye has some great suggestions as well. I also shop the thrift stores, you can find some really nice things if you look hard enough (and go often, as new things come in all the time).

Robin... What great ideas for things to do that the dr. Never said you couldn't do! Stretching out on pool noodle sounds like a great activity, but still very restful.

Heather... As well as eating more in the morning, what are your protein/carb/fat ratios? Protein and fats keep you feeling fuller, and can prevent a binge from coming on. You should eat protein with every meal to get that feeling fuller effect. I find eating carbs just makes me want to eat more... And carbs. Vicious cycle. Also do not be afraid of fats. Full fat is fine as long as your calories are in check. Personally I usually eat 45/25/30 carb/protein/fat. I try to make my carbs whole grain instead of white/processed. That also helps keep me fuller than white bread, rice, pasta etc.

Laurie... Understandable that there would be a lot if travel/time involved in going to this upcoming tri, but I think you would do just fine. Perhaps because it's your first one you might take some pressure off yourself and not aim for a time goal. Just aim to finish and get your feet wet so to speak. Then the next one you can look at your finishing time and make a goal to finish better than the first. I think that is what I'd do. From the sounds of your swims, bike rides you should have no trouble with it, so maybe make it a warm up for future events. (And if it were me, I would choose an event closer to home so as to not waste a lot of energy the few days before)

Kaye... You are rocking those miles! I'm a few decades younger and I can't keep up with your mileage LOL

AFM, I saw 210.8 this morning. I am not losing 2 lbs per week like I was previously despite racking up the miles and steps, and running. I'm eating a 600 calorie deficit per day, I think I will knock another 100 calories per day off and eat more fruits/veggies. I'm eating 2400 calories a day now) My diet is very dairy heavy (for protein) so I'm thinking of switching to more quinoa and beans, fruits and veggies, which I have been skimping on lately.

Today was cardio day again and I was made to do 8 continuous minutes of jumping jacks, butt kicks, high knees and fit wall runs. Then 8 min on treadmill at top incline. That always gets my HR up to almost max. It was a steady 174 today. On my way home I decided to stop at a trail and get my C25k run in. I forgot that earlier in the day I had looked at W4D1 and forgotten to turn it back to W3D2, so when I realized my error I just kept going! Oops. Well, it turned out that I was able to complete it so I will just continue on from there.

And what made me make silly a decision like running after doing intense cardio an hour before was the fact that I ate at least 1000 calories of milk chocolate covered almonds after leaving physio. I stopped at the bulk store to get some ingredients for protein bars and bought them out of weakness. I was not going to log them but I did. And I am going to stop buying those chocolate covered almonds because I can't control the portions. If I can't eat something in moderation I am going to stop buying it.

My long weekend will consist of a rest day tomorrow, ( and I will start by sleeping in!) I need to buy groceries, cook, cut the grass and clean the house. Sunday is biking/geocaching with my BF, and Monday is more geocaching with BF and friends.

I will update my mileage when I switch over to my PC.
    Have a great weekend everyone.
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Tanya- A major workout then a another run on top of that, WOW. Great job. I have no doubt that I can complete the triathlon, it is my desire that I am questioning. The distance is really short so it would be a good warm up. My trainer suggested that I just make it a warm up race and I could but even then I will automatically set goals for myself. When I don't meet those goals, I just get down on myself and that makes me miserable- even through I would have accomplished a goal.

L2T- I am not sure I would buy clothes that far in advance. It is hard to determine how clothes will fit as your body changes. I am still hovering around 195 lbs and I am around a 14-16 in size. It just depends on how the clothes are cut and the brand names. I brought a pair of 14 pants last year because I was able to button them when I put them on, however, I have not worn them yet since they still don't fit properly. Saving your change is a great way to save up the funds for a new clothes and it does add up quickly.

Robin E- I love your attitude, that's the way to work around doctors orders. :drinker:

exercise miles 1 for rock climbing tonight
  • hjblackburn26
    Options
    Good Friday evening everyone! So I started the day not so good by weighing in and gaining three pounds. I was upset at first but I think it's because it's that time of the month. So instead of me sitting down and feeling sorry for myself I got my butt up and took a 30 minute walk before clocking in at work. When I was finished I felt great and my depression went away...well at least regarding the weight, work is another issue all together. So I guess the walk leads me into Fitness Friday!! I'm hoping to be able to get a 30 minute walk in everyday. I do still plan on getting the FitBit but I have to wait until I get my new iPhone so it will upload directly. I know I can hook the FitBit to my computer but I like to be able to instantly know how I'm doing while I'm away from my computer.

The 30 minute walks during the week should not be a problem, unless the weather is bad. My husband and I both work for the same hospital, which is 35 miles away from where we live. He works 8-4:30 and I work 9-5:30. Due to gas prices, and wanting to spend more time together :wink: we ride together. My husband, while waiting for me in the evenings, goes and cleans a local pharmacy so he drops me off in the morning so he can have the car (he works in the main hospital and I work for a clinic down the road). Anyways, normally during that time I would just sit and talk to someone or read but now I'm going to do something productive and try to get healthier!! :bigsmile:

@Tanya949: I don't currently follow a ratio for anything. I just count my calories at this time. I'm so afraid to do to much at one time because if I get overwhelmed or mess up on something I'm lible to drop everything. Now after reading that sentence that sounds really dumb! What ratio should I follow if I decide to do that?
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Good evening. We went to 2 graduation parties. We had lots of fun. I focused on visiting with friends instead of the food. I ate, but made careful choices, so I don't feel bad about that. Then Cathy went for a walk with us. Mileage for today is 4.86.
    I've enjoyed all of your reports. I hope that everyone has a great weekend.
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    May Mileage Goal: 100 miles

5/1 - 2 miles (class)
    5/2 - 5 miles (walk)
    5/3 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/4 - 3 miles (walk)
    5/5 - 4.25 miles (class plus 2.25 mile walk)
    5/6 - 3.75 miles (walk)
    5/7 - 2.00 miles (walk)
    5/8 - 3.5 miles (class plus 1.5 mile walk)
    5/9 - 2.00 miles (class)
    5/10 - 2.5 miles (walk)
    5/11 - 3.25 miles (walk)
    5/12 - 4.0 miles (class plus 2.0 mile walk)
    5/13 - 4.5 miles (walk)
    5/14 - 2.0 miles (class)
    5/15 - 2.0 miles (class)
    5/16 - 3.0 miles (walk)
    5/17 - 3.75 miles (walk)

Total Miles - 53.5 (past half way YAY!!)
  • amyparrish9
    amyparrish9 Posts: 23
    Options
    bump
  • Lives2Travel
    Options
    L2T... A size 16? I'm surprised because I'm 211 lb, 5'4" and size 16 as well. I believe I fit a size 14 at 200 lbs last time I was there. Anyway, maybe you could make a small regular payment each week to a new clothing fund. I used to put all the change I got in a jar to save up instead of responding it. It adds up faster than you think. Kaye has some great suggestions as well. I also shop the thrift stores, you can find some really nice things if you look hard enough (and go often, as new things come in all the time).

I think size depends on 2 things: the brand and how you carry your weight. The capris I've been wearing this Spring are from Talbots who is known for slimmer cuts. They're a regular (not woman's) size 16 and are loose. If I went to buy some pants right now, I'd get 14s. Compound this with the fact that probably 30 of the 43 lbs I still need to lose are in my hips, butt and stomach. I've lost a lot from those areas already, but those are the areas that hold on to the fat until the bitter end. That's why I was speculating that a size 10 will probably be the smallest one I will get to. I'm going to save my money and dream of the shopping spree I will go on when I get to goal next Spring!
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    ushkii - when you first came on board you didn't talk about your family much - I didn't realize you were responsible for so many people in your life - you ROCK, TRIPLE "A" man! You're one busy dude, so you just keep on truckin' like your doing, You're doing GREAT! :love:

Kah - your new cardiac theatre sounds awesome - I hope you enjoy it often and don't get tired of reruns of Iron Man - I do love me some Tony Stark!

Lives TT - what became of the tornado warnings?
    As far as buying the sale clothes now - ahead of time for next fall or summer - my personal opinion is to RESIST and SAVE your money! Styles change so rapidly and honestly you don't k now where you'll lose the weight, in your shoulders, bust, arms butt or legs. Also, it could be money you'll end up needing for some other purpose and then you'll be angry with yourself.
    Buy 2 things you'll wear this summer and feel good about them. Or a whole outfit for this summer you can enjoy.
    THERE WILL ALWAYS BE SALES. PRE-SEASON SALES and such.
    OK - thats my 2 cents worth.
    OH, just read your last post and I see you've made your mind up to do this so don't listen to my rantings.....:laugh:

4dnewbegin - welcome to our thread - big hugs to you - you certainly DO have a lot on your plate. I think your current plan is quite adequate for now. Try it for a month and see how it works for you. I would NOT add anything to your busy evening schedule. Get as much sleep as you can.
    The only advice I would offer is to make sure you are logging your foods on here - everything you eat, bite, lick and taste, even on bad days when you go overboard and binge or have a wild and crazy day and fall off the wagon. Remember, this is a lifetime change and you'll fall off that dog-gone wagon many, many times. The "big secret" here is getting back on the wagon and not quitting!!!! (Shhh, don't tell anyone!!!) :laugh:

Damensha - did you get your mile in? I do love reading your posts - are you always that cheerful? :flowerforyou:

t i h - sorry you got waylaid on your journey - but great ATTITUDE! :bigsmile: I'm excited for you that you've probably found your ideal home. Will keep every finger and toe crossed for you that they meet your requirements - i'd be the same about the electrical especially.

Kaye - sorry your knees still hurt. Do you by any chance keep them in a locked position and bend from the waist to pick up things from the floor? Or do you use a tool to pick things up? Or do you bend your knees and kind of do a little squat?
    Your problem may lie in this type of activity. Until I started to unlock my knees and started a smallexercise program where I did do some very slightl bending at my knees that they began to get more limber and some tendons and ligaments loosened up.
    Just thinkin' back to when my knee was done.

KarenLeona - how are you doing? Sounds like your pretty busy with gardening right now. Good, then your weather must be cooperating at times at least. Hope your breathing does well on your next bike trip! :flowerforyou:

Mahogany - well I see you're 2 Lbs. down. Way to go. WOOT!

Tanya - you're on the route to SKINNYVILLE! Oh, I just read your second post about your cardio workout and then your run. How awesome are you!!! Kudos!:drinker:

Skinny - I do Like your new picture and its great to see Brian again - he's looking wonderful. Glad you made such a good friend. But the glasses - you look like a scuba diver - glub, glub,glub! :laugh:

Kimmadura - welcome! Join in the daily conversation if you like!

Pixy - boy, you made me Google Pynsky - tough word for me! Now I understandsky! I'll be they were cute!

JNettie - so, do I understand right? You'll work with the child you worked with last year, as well as take on the supervisory position? So one is part-time and one is full-time? HELP???? I'm confused, but oh, so happy for you! :flowerforyou:

Naceto - or shall I start referring to you as Beyonce Butt or BB for short? :laugh: :love: WOW - doesn't she have an incredible physique? I just stare and stare when I get a glimpse at her. Now, how about that Kardashian girl. Would you want a butt like hers?

Laurie - now you are talking like a true athlete, not a dieter. Your dilemma is one of desire over getting just more exercise in. You do see your goals clearly, and don't want to mar your lifetime goals with an early failure. So, look at it that way. Maybe that will help your decision.

hjwhite - hey, great idea to use your down time after work for a walk. Previously if it had been me I would have sat on my butt too, and just worked a crossword puzzle! I'm very impressed - its plain hard to give up one habit for another- especially to start walking, but after 28 days you will have made your body and mind accept this is a new habit and it becomes part of your nature! its amazing what the body and mind will do.

AFM - I feel better now that I am looking for ways to sneak exercise in! Last nite I went for a 20 minute walk, slowly, and wore my (new last summer) TEVA sandals, which provide great support. The walk was no problem at all. I intend to get one to two brief walks in today. Sunday I think I'll use the pool, and do groceries. Monday I have hired a woman who lives in my complex to do my vacuuming. Its the one chore that really hurts me and I haven't done it (Oh, not going to reveal how long!) in forever!. She's a younger gal - I put a notice on the bulletin board the other nite around 8 pm and she was at my door at 8:30 - she was in nurses/aides scrubs so I'll ask her where she works... boy, I can't wait till that done! I want to dust before she gets there too. That I can do!
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I am so incredibly behind! It's been a crazy week at work!

A quick mileage update and hopefully I will make it back later to catch up.

5/13 - .64
    5/14 - 3.73
    5/15 - .86
    5/16 - 1.24