Need to Lose 100 LBS -Robins Thread !

Options

Replies

• NaomiGibbins
    NaomiGibbins Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Well I have caught up on all your news of the last few days. So much happens doesn't it! We are just living our lives but its so hard to keep up.

I tried to look back for my April challenge goals and can't find them anywhere! So disorganised!

Not sure that I will be contributing much to the May challenge. Have any of you heard of fibromyalgia? If not, think chronic fatigue and arthritus mixed up together and you'll have a rough idea. The weather has turned cold here, and winter is trying to set in and its hard to get moving when your body is against you.

I have got my food under better control. The kicker was when I gained one week in April, I wasn't having that, so have got myself a lot more organised around the kitchen.

Love to you all from down under, have a lovely weekend, Nxx
  • Lives2Travel
    Lives2Travel Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday! Looking forward to a day off and attending the Wells Fargo golf tourney with the hubs. Should be a beautiful day and I'm sure to get in lots of walking. Speaking of walking, I've been contemplating how to participate in our May challenge since my exercise consists more of classes than walking or running. I decided my best bet is to commit to no less than 5 days of exercise made up of either a class or a minimum of 3 miles of walking. I'll keep track for myself at the bottom of my posts.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Exercise Goals:

5 days per week - class or walking 3 miles

Saturday - 3 hours yard work DONE
    Sunday - 3 miles walking DONE
    Monday- Cardio/Weights/Stretch DONE
    Tuesday - Pilate DONE
    Wednesday - Rest Day DONE
    Thursday - Pilates DONE
    Friday - Cardio/Weights/Stretch (Not happening. Will get a lot of walking at the tourney)
  • vderks
    vderks Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello all! First-timer here. I have been looking for a way to get my motivation and stumbled upon this thread. I love the way you guys support one another. I also like the idea of a monthly challenge. If you don't mind an intruder to the group, I would love to tag along.

A little about me: I will turn 55 this summer and have +/- 100 pounds to lose. At one much younger time in my life I was an exercise junky and I desperately want to find that girl again. I am a severe sugar addict. Despite the truth of my physical state, I am a fit and healthy 30yo in my mind. Occasionally I will catch a sideways glance at the mirror, exclaim "Who is that? What happened to Vicki?" and get my reality check. Last month I got a Fitbit thinking that alone would give me the inspiration. Apparently I am too far gone for that alone to be the Golden Ticket.

My goals for the month of May are to hit my 10,000 steps every day. (Once I accomplish this feat I will convert to miles) Drink 8 glasses of water each day. Reduce my sugar intake by not drinking soda.

Now to start Day One :D
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    vderks - Welcome, Vicki! You've found a great place to get daily support. I like how you've made your May Challenge, using your FitBit. and reducing your sugar intake. That's a great plan. Now, remember, you will fall off the wagon a lot, just don't give up EVER. We here just "confess" and get back on the wagon, even if several days or weeks have passed. I'm not trying to discourage you but just being honest.

Naomi: I always like to hear how things are Down Under. Glad you're able to visit the thread when you can. I do understand about Fibromyalgia - its a rough disease to live with daily for your entire life. Here in the US there are drugs available for use with Fibro. Are you on any of them? Have they helped you? For the May Challenge you could set a challenge of a number of total steps for the month - not miles.

AFM: I've had a lot of illnesses and setbacks. I am re-dedicating myself to this journey this month. I just weighed myself and I weigh 240.4 lbs. I am actually down 5 lbs from April 1, something I didn't work at at all. My all time low was 216, so that is my first goal to match and beat that weight. My High School reunion (only about 70 people) is June 21. I wonder if I can make 216 by then?
  • Monette27
    Monette27 Posts: 1
    Options
    The scale has not moved in 4 weeks! I have been busting my *kitten* working out 3-4 times a week and eating better plus court calories and NOTHiNG! I am getting so discouraged! HELP!
  • BRANDY12291
    BRANDY12291 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hi All!! I feel like such a slacker when it comes to posting in this thread. I really want to do better. I need accountability (and occasionally the place to vent at) but gosh I just can't seem to find enough hours in the day to do everything.

Question: Can you view this thread on the MFP app on your smart phone? If I could look at this w/out having to dig out my lap top I might stay caught up better. Anywho just a thought.

May is going to be a super busy month for me filled with lots of parties and get-togethers which usually = poor food choices. But I am determined to stay focused. For the May Challenge, I am going to keep my goal realistic. It may seem small but I'd rather not set an unobtainable goal.

My May goal is 30 miles walking/ jogging! I also plan on riding my spin bike as much as possible too, but I have no way of calculating miles on it. So I'm not sure how I could measure it. Oh well!

Happy Friday Everyone!
  • Morgori
    Morgori Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    Good Morning.

Hope everyone is doing well.

My goal for walking in May is 85 miles.

501_zpsd0e1f5db.jpg

“A goal without a plan is just a wish.” ~Larry Elder

Tom
  • aimeemarie150
    aimeemarie150 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Question: Can you view this thread on the MFP app on your smart phone? If I could look at this w/out having to dig out my lap top I might stay caught up better. Anywho just a thought.

No, there is no current way to get to the forums from the mfp app. You'd have to use a browser, which I've done before, but it's a pain in the *kitten*.

@morgori- woah! 85 miles? **cheers!**

AFM- Feeling hungry. I've been on the lower end of the caloric spectrum a lot the last two weeks. I'm thinking I'm going to take the weekend to eat at maintenance, and maybe get some energies back :)
  • KATRENAJ
    KATRENAJ Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Just checking in. Lost 5 lbs this past two weeks. Appetite coming back so I think I will start posting my food. Divorce has been filed and just waiting for final decree. My husband has been financially generous which is the least he could do after 3 years of living a double life and all the lies. Appears his girlfriend isn't going to take him back, but who knows. She gave him $30K which is he spent on rental cars, trips and covering up for not having a job the past three years. He is in treatment for his Bi-Polar andf PTSD but who can cure someone without a soul or conscience.

I just want to get past this pain, pick up my life and move forward. Already my health is getting better without all the rage and stress.

Don't want to lose the small advances I've made with my weight.

My sister was given a 40% chance of surviving the operation for the kidney cancer. They have a new procedure they can do in 90 days and Dr said chances were 40% either way. Great danger of hemoragging with current procedure. Less chances with new procedure but it is new and who knows how the tumor will grow in 90 days.

Havent really taken time to read posts, but my thoughts have been with "Robin" and RobinB, I liked your comments about the back. That is very encouraging
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Tom- Love today's quote! I hope everyone has a plan to meet their May goals!

Brandy- I can't view any community things on my android. I have just started to make a habit of sitting down with my laptop after the kids go to bed, polishing up my food/exercise diary for the day, and checking in on the thread. I also have occasional downtime at work (like now) where I can check in.
    I like your May goal! I agree that your goal should not be unrealistic. You will be able to push yourself to move, and then celebrate when you get there. I won't be counting my biking/crosstraining either. I figure that's just bonus exercise.

Monette- Don't be discouraged! Are you logging EVERYTHING? If not, start there. Log every single lick, taste and bite. How's your water intake? Make sure you're getting enough H2O. How do you account for your exercise? Are you estimating calories burned using the MFP numbers? Sometimes they're too high. If you're eating back all your exercise calories and they're overestimated, you could be going over your calorie goal. I'm no expert. Just some ideas.

Robin- This is the month to get it done! I'm glad your friends are taking good care of you. I hope your health improves and your committment in May results in some mega losses so you can wow at your reunion.

Vderks- Welcome! You've stumbled onto a great place! Keep coming back. I think you could record miles already...esimated, anyway. A decent/simple estimate to convert steps to miles is: 2,000 steps = 1 mile. So, 10,000 steps per day would be 5 miles per day.

L2T- Have fun at the golf tourney!

Naomi- I work in a clinic with a rheumatology department, so we see a lot of patients with chronic pain, arthritis and fibro. Sorry you have to deal with that. I like Robin's idea of setting a step goal for you.

tlh, Kaye and Tom- Good job getting your miles in!

AFM- Crap. More Thursday Truth, spilling over into Friday. I late-night snacked myself over my calorie goal for yesterday. Not devasting....289 calories over, and I will be under today. Just ticked that now I can't count that toward my May under calorie days goal anymore.
    Friday Fitness- Took a trip to the shoe store yesterday and ordered a second pair of shoes, just like the ones I bought a few weeks ago. I love them that much. :love: They didn't have anymore of my size and stability in stock, so they're ordering them. Once they are in, I plan on ditching my old ill-fitting athletic shoes and wearing one pair of my new shoes for work (where I'm on my feet a lot) and the other for exercise. Going to do my training run tomorrow morning...4.5...will be a new longest-distance-ever for me.
  • grandmakaye44
    grandmakaye44 Posts: 1,205 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the newcomers. There are no intruders here. Just come often and participate.
    I love how the new month is helping everyone reevaluate their goals. It is a great place to start.
    Katrina - my heart is hurting for you and what you are going through. Please take care of yourself. You are worth it.
    Robin - glad your friends are taking care of you.
    Have a good day. Onward and downward. Kaye
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    KJeffries - WOW! I didn't realize you were going thru a divorce - how difficult your life must be right now- and on top of that to have your sister's health is such a precarious position. VIRTUAL HUGS to you! I will pray for you and your sister.:flowerforyou: :heart:

Hansea - what brand of shoes do you love so much that you bought 2 pair? I'm interested. I have to buy new work out shoes soon.
  • RobinB0812
    RobinB0812 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I need a vacation, BAD!! Some of my co-workers are working on my last nerve! I am so glad it’s Friday, hopefully a weekend will suffice.

I haven’t taken a real vacation in 5 years even though I get 6 weeks PTO every year. I usually take long weekends, especially during football season when I travel to Nashville to attend my son’s games. This July I will be traveling to the Richmond area with my mom to my brother’s house. My sister will be flying to Pittsburgh then driving down with my dad. She will then be driving back home with my mom and me after our week vacation. It’s going to be a real dysfunctional family vacation that I am kind of dreading, but on the plus side I can’t wait to see my brother and my nephews and their families!! I have never met my great-nephew & –nieces. I am predicting a LOT of liquid calorie consumption. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: My brother is quite the mixologist!

@Susan – When you said you lost 10 pounds the first week, I thought I was reading it wrong. What are you doing? PLEASE SHARE THAT INFO!! Happy Belated Birthday to Cyrus! Both my kids are miracle babies too! Nothing is more special than the joy of a child when (for me) you’d been told you could never have kids (image my surprise not once, but TWICE!). Congrats on quitting the Diet Coke. I’ve never had a soda addiction but I sure was a smoker until a year and a half ago. It’s not easy quitting ANYTHING! I believe that!

@Vicki – Welcome to the thread! Come on in and join us! I can relate to your inner self-image. I suffer from the same thing a lot of the time. In my mind, I am younger and more agile. Several of us have a Fitbit. Feel free to add me as a friend: //www.fitbit.com/user/2C5K4B

@Monette – Welcome to the thread I concur with everything Hansea said. Are you properly accounting for everything? Every BLT (Bite, Lick and Taste)?? Don’t assume or guesstimate on anything you put in your mouth. Invest in a digital food scale (you can usually find them for under $20 – I paid about $15 for mine). Be very careful about eating back exercise calories, it can be a slippery slope. Like Hansea, MFP tends to overestimate calorie burns. As long as you are burning more calories than you are consuming, the scale should move down.

@KJeffries – My condolences on your marriage. And wow, between that and your sister’s illness, YOWZA you sure have a lot on your emotional plate!! Keep strong and remember we are all here for you! Congrats on the 5 pound loss!

@Hansea – I am curious about your running shoes also.

May challenge – I am always overzealous when it comes to setting goals on monthly challenges so this time I am going to be conservative. My challenge is 60 miles.

5/1 – 60 miles - 1.64 miles completed

Until next time; wishing everyone peace, love and weight loss! :flowerforyou: :heart: :bigsmile:
    And…
    Don’t sweat the small stuff, just SWEAT!!
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Just popping in to say hi real quick. I have literally been going since I got up this morning. It was errands with my mom all morning, lucnh and light shopping with sil, and then my errands this afternoon. I left at 7:45 and have just got home for the day at almost 4. I am pooped. I am just throwing a pre made lasagna in the oven for dinner and after that i Will take the dogs for their walk. No rest for the wicked. On the upside my sil and I split a small pizza made at one of our local restaurants. It was a garlic cream sauce topped with a bunch of roasted veggies. So so yummy. We each had two slices and gave the last two to my mom.

Kjeffries I am so sorry you are going through all that at one time. The only consolation I can offer is things can only get better from here. Take care of yourself because you are very important. We all seem to have trouble remembering that at times.

Alrighty I now get to go put away a costco shopping trips worth of groceries....oh joy. Have a great day everyone.

May Challenge 95 miles
    5/1: 3 miles
  • Damensha
    Damensha Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!
    Whew! I FINALLY got caught up on my board reading!!! Sorry that this will be a HUGE post! I've been terribly remiss in keeping up with the board lately and I think I've definitely suffered for it. I had no idea how much just reading all of your inspiring posts lifted my spirits, kept me motivated and got me Moving! I've missed y’all! :heart:

Personals…

First and Foremost… WELCOME to the New Folks! There are so many of you! If you haven’t already realized it, you have stumbled upon what I think is The Best thread in all the MFP Forums! And WOW are the Southerners coming out of the wood works! Hey Y’all! Pull up a rocker and sit a spell! I’ll go get the Splenda Tea! :drinker:

@ Kah – sorry to hear the problems with your gym. Sounds like your trainer is pretty awesome! I hope things work out for you both!

@ skinnyjeans – My best friend did a Glow Run last week in our home town. She is not one to exercise at all, but she walked it with her coworkers, and had a Blast! Have fun with yours this weekend!

@ JNettie – Thanks for the encouragement on Fitbit! I “lost” my stinking charger for several days and, of course, found the original the day before the new one came in. Just my luck…. And of course it was RIGHT where I had put it, and looked over it several times before ordering a new one. LOL! Congratulations on the new floors! I bet they are Beautiful! OH, and here’s hoping you get the summer position you want. It sounds like you’re a shoe in!

** FIY: If anyone wants to be my FitBit Friend here’s my link! www.fitbit.com/user/2F8VWH

@ KJeffries – I’m so sorry for your troubles lately! Definitely keeping you and yours in my prayers! Where is your sister having surgery? Atlanta?

@ Kaye – Well, darling haven’t you been through the ringer this month! I’m glad that your DH and grandbaby are better! You are walking it out like a champ! Next thing you know you’ll be doing the long distance walks like LittleShadow!

@ Riiseli – I had a bout with plantar fasciitis and now have issues with bursitis in my left heel. That stuff Hurts! Here’s hoping that yours is under better control! A great recipe for a shapeable ice pack is 3 parts water to 1 part 90% rubbing alcohol. Make sure that you put it into two bags if you don’t use freezer bags. The alcohol can eat through thin plastic. I keep a couple of these in the freezer at all times!

@ Rain – Awesome job on the 5k! Bless your heart with all the studying you’ve been doing! I know you will be happy when the 14th is over and you can breathe easier! I hope you got things worked out with the summer position.

@ Robin – Bless your heart, you’ve had quite the rollercoaster month! Like you, it blows my fuse for someone to refuse to call a doctor when a pt. really needs to have a change in orders. They get paid just like I do to be there over night and be working. Anyway, it wasn’t like she was waking him up for a Tylenol. I’m so sorry that you spent your night awake and helping your roommate while you were, I’m sure, in pain and needing your rest! I’m so glad that you are home and healing! Please be careful with getting up too fast! Pain meds, on top of the ones you already take certainly can make you dizzy. I don’t want you to injure something else from falling!

@ LittleShadow – Love the new pic! You’re looking Great! Happy Belated Birthday! Bless your heart and your painful ankle! I’m sorry that things have been stressful for you lately! I hope that things start falling in place for you and the family so y’all can get back to life as usual.

@ M0wM0w – I LOVE LOVE LOVED your cat bed and candlestick “apothecary jars!” Seeing that makes me want to clean out the craft room and get to it again! I honestly haven’t done anything other than some crochet in the last 1.5 – 2 years and can’t tell you the last time I’ve been in a craft store. Sad, I know. :sad: Also, I’m happy that you are feeling better! High dose antibiotics certainly do tend to wreak havoc on your system. Sounds like you’re turning it around now though… YAY!

@ Tanya – I know Exactly how it feels to be woken up at all hours by the kitties! I have three of them and my whiny boy Arnie will stand on my pillow and meow loudly at me, if that doesn’t work, he likes to stand directly on my head. LOL! Congratulations on starting C25K and being successful so far!

@ Susan – Congrats on being Cola Free for so many days! You Can Do It!

@ Robin B – Hubby did a Color Me Rad run a couple of weeks ago (He even wore a tutu over his sweats LOL!) and Loved It! I was a wimp and didn’t do it with him, but after hearing how much fun he had I’ll be signing up with him for the next one!

@ Meeper – Zombie Run! Do Tell! Hubby wants to do one of those, but the nearest to us is 3hr away in Atlanta. Was it as cool as it sounds???

@ tlh – Good luck with the house buying!

@ Brandy12291 – I hope y’all didn’t get flooded last week! I heard from friends along the coast that it got pretty sloppy down there!

AFM: I’m afraid that I didn’t do very good at my April Renaissance goals this past month. I’ve had my first official weight Gain this month. I had lost 3.9 lb. and since, have gained 2.8 of it back which leaves me at a 1.1lb loss over all. I’ve gone over my calories far too many times this month, most of it from eating out and not cooking like I Should be. It’s been a bit of a roller coaster month for me. I’ve been trying to get used to DH’s new hours at work and forgot how much alone time I have when he’s in management. Too much time to think about what I can eat, not wanting to cook and just eating junk instead. I try to stay up until he gets home when I’m off, so my sleep has gotten all kinds of wonky (which is saying A Lot for me!). DH keeps complaining about his new job which is stressing me out too because we really need the extra money that it brings in. I’m hoping that it’s just the “more responsibility jitters” and that he can overcome them before he talks himself into going back into the kitchen. “Baby Season” is building up and we are getting busier at work gearing up for summer, and now for all the Holiday babies we will be seeing since Snowmageddon 2014 back at the end of January. I do believe that there will be a baby boom starting about October this year.

This week we had storms and tornados. The three year anniversary of the F5 tornado that leveled part of Tuscaloosa and killed over 200 people across MS, AL and GA happened to be the day before these storms started brewing. Talk about Storm Stress! :noway: We faired pretty well all in all even though now there is a hole in my roof and we are rocking the “Tarp Look” until we can get it fixed. I’m just praying that the insurance adjuster comes in a timely manner on Sunday and we get enough to put on a new roof instead of just getting it patched. I guess we will see. We did fare SO much better than many and I’m certainly not complaining! I love spring time, but So Don’t love Tornado Season. At least we have James Spann to tell us to “Respect the Polygon” and when to get into our safe places. When James puts on the red suspenders and rolls up his sleeves, we Know it’s going to be Serious!

Pepper Place, our “fancy farmer’s market” started last week and I’m hoping that Hub and I can go tomorrow morning while he’s off work. I’m nearly out of Local Honey and love using it in my tea this time of year.

Here’s hoping that this next week brings less stress and better habits!
    :flowerforyou: Jenn :flowerforyou:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    May Mileage Goals:
    X / 31 - 6,000 Steps / Day = 2.5 Miles / Day
    X / 20 - 5 Extra Miles / Week
    X / 12 - Days with 10,000 steps or more (Work Days)
    X / At least 75 miles total for the Month (FitBit + Extra)
  • Tanya949
    Tanya949 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Fitness Friday. I've been hiking and taking walks a lot the last 2 weeks to make my new fitbit goals, and I have been forgetting to eat back the extra calories! I've had a deficit of over 1000 calories a day for the last week. Oops... I have to recalculate my TDEE... more to eat! :tongue: I have sore feet, not sure if it was from running on Wednesday. I've had new orthotics for about 3 weeks and they feel uncomfortable when I put my shoes on now. I saw the chiropodist at physio today and now I'm going back to my old orthotics for a few weeks to "reset" and then break the new ones in again. I also have to buy new running shoes, but was thinking I might be better off buying trail running shoes as I prefer to run on trails rather than pavement or a treadmill. I have to investigate.

FItbit goals:

1. 12,000 steps
    2. 8km distance (this total will not be used for the May challenge as it includes daily activity, not just exercise- and it doesn't measure bike riding anyway)

Monday: 18,006/12.1km
    Tuesday: 13,174/8.85km
    Wednesday: 15,846/11.13km
    Thursday: 14,704/9.88 km
    Friday:
    Saturday:

May Challenge: (155 km) (96 miles)

May 1: 11.2 km (6.7 miles)
    May 2: 7.8 km (4.8 miles)
  • jtconst
    jtconst Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Well gotta say ty to my puppies and sad doggy eyes for getting back out of the house and getting a wlk in. Have a great night everyone.

May Challenge 95 miles
    5/1: 3 miles
    5/2: 2.5 miles
  • Lauriek70
    Lauriek70 Posts: 2,087 Member
    Options
    Hi all- Happy Friday/ Saturday for those Down Under.

Noami- Hope you get to have a Fall before Winter really sets in for you. We are just starting our Spring here so we are finally warming up provided we are not getting drenched by rain. :bigsmile: You can set a step goal for the month. I will track it like everyone else's goals. I have heard of Fibromalgia before and that is a rough DX. Good luck with it and remember the purpose is to challenge ourselves so set a goal that you know you can achieve. Maybe it is just 1 mile worth of steps a day=31 miles for the month.

Robin- You can start your challenge whenever you want to. Enjoy the weekend at the lake.

Welcome to all the new people.

Vicki- How long have you been focused on weight loss. I have been on this journey for a little over 3 years. For the past year I have been battling the same 5-10 lbs. As someone else mentioned record every BLT and have you tried to change up your exercise routine or increasing the level of intensity? This might help to restart the weight loss and to get over this frustrating bump in the road.

Updated the spread sheet to this point. Thank you to everyone who is reporting their totals. Keep the number coming, I will be working on making this document available over the weekend. Also look for some additional fun things to keep up motivated.

I did climb tonight but my arms were not responding like the should so it was very challenging. I am guessing that a change in the way I run was responsible for the weak muscles but not sure. I hope it was not left over from Monday's upper body/arm and core workout. Hopefully, the arms will have recovered by tomorrow when I go swimming.

Miles for 5/2-0 rock climbing- no way to calculate miles.

ushkil 40 miles 2.41
    Lauriek 140 miles 9
    Hansea47 66.5 miles 2.83
    Kaye 100 miles 2.75
    Robin Egg 30 miles
    jtconst 95 miles 3 2.5
    littleshadow 25 miles
    tlh0407 60 miles 1.32
    tanya 155 km 11.2 7.8
    Damensha 75 miles
    Robin B 60 miles 1.64
    Brandy 30 miles
    Tom 85 miles 2.34
  • hansea47
    hansea47 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    jtconst- Ha ha! Nice job, doggies! :smile:

Tanya- What's the difference between trail running shoes and pavement running shoes? I always run on pavement or treadmills....just curious.

Jenn- That WAS a long post! :laugh: Good job getting back on here after a rough month. Two steps forward, one step back. The weight loss dance! You've got this!

Robin and RobinB- I went to a specialty running store and got fitted for the first time ever. They are Brooks Running shoes (Ravenna)....but, I guess it depends on your foot which shoes work best for you. I wish I would've known about getting fitted for running shoes 3 years ago when I first started. It's made a huge difference in my running and endurance! (Who wants to keep going when their feet are starting to ache?)

Kjeffries- My heart breaks for you. Take care! :flowerforyou:

Rest Day for me today. Had a strange day at work, filling in at a building I only go to a few times per year....went to the fridge where we store our glucola to make sure I had some chilled for a patient coming in for a tolerance test today. Went back an hour later to grab the bottle of glucola for the patient......and the FRIDGE was GONE! :noway: The xray tech laughed at my double take and told me they moved the fridge to another room. They're moving stuff around to make space for a new department moving into the building. :laugh:

May Mileage:
    Goal: 66.5 miles
    5/1: 2.83 miles completed!
    5/2: Rest Day

Under calories: 1/31
    7-8 hrs of sleep: 1/31
  • rainandwood93
    rainandwood93 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    Still in the midst of finals. 6 page paper done, working non-stop on a 15-20 page one until Wed. Finally sorted out my housing (sharing an apartment 7 mins from the beach and 13 mins from the gym!) for my internship, but now I have the task of getting reimbursed, which might be a struggle. I've been good about exercise, having done 45 mins today, but I am having such a hard time keeping my hunger under control the last two days. Although, one of the main reasons I came to pose was to say... I turned down a CRONUT today! A small victory, but my finals period M.O. is to eat any and all sweet/fatty free food offered to me and down it with coffee. None of that so far, though I had 12 pieces of sushi from the dining hall and 2 cups of broccoli to try and fill me up.

I think I'm going to head off to the gym and put in another 30 mins on the elliptical before heading to a gala event with a friend. I'm still hungry, and would love to make a little more room for whatever fancy pants free food I can fit in my diary.

Thank you all for the support. I'm looking forward to coming back on the 14th and being able to check in everyday and interact more intensively. Don't think I'll be participating in the May challenge as my leg is still being a bit weird, but maybe I'll do a belated one in June!