The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Wow, well that PeterJones photo was not what I was expecting when I clicked on this thread...
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    edited June 2015
    Yeah, that's not ok...but he's already deactivated....I'm sure he'll get enough flags to pull that post.
  • BodyByBex
    BodyByBex Posts: 3,685 Member
    @jesusHchris If we flag it enough it disappears right?
  • jennifer_417
    I think it needs 5 flags to get automatically pulled...otherwise they'll get it in the morning.
  • BodyByBex
    Why the heck did I get flagged? Oh well :laugh:
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    @jesusHchris If we flag it enough it disappears right?

Nothing can disappear that from my mind.
  • weasos
    weasos Posts: 11 Member
    O.o missed something lol
  • BodyByBex
    Alright everyone start passing around the mind bleach!
  • jennifer_417
    Ugh right?
  • Frankie_Felinius
    Frankie_Felinius Posts: 1,398 Member
    edited June 2015
    Another evening of crap sleep! Woke up a ton and woke up too early. My IBS symptoms have been so bad it feels like labor pains at times! Really tough to sleep with that pain. I always lose a few lbs when I have an episode but in a bad malnutrion kind of way instead of the ideal way. Can't drink coffee...it is like liquid fire for my innards...but I'm sooo tired from crappy sleep!

But Uncle Jeff the dog is gone finally and the in-laws brought us a TON of beer from the West Coast! Can't drink it until this episode passes but hey...I'm so excited to try some of these beers we've waited years to try!

My MIL also brought over a bunch of Wen stuff she doesn't use. You know the hair informmercials? She got the girls of the fam a box of Wen stuff for Christmas awhile back. They enrolled her in auto-delivery and she ended up getting multiple boxes. I ended up loving it. With weird hair colors, you have to use something super mild yet effective since most people with weird hair colors wash quite infrequently. It took me over a year to use the two bottles from my box. I knew she had some and wasn't using it so I mentioned something about me ordering more and she offered her stash instead...which I knew she would do since she doesn't even use it herself. She gave me a total of SIX more of the shampoos (or cleansing conditioner as it is technically called), 3 more conditioners and 3 tubes of hair dressing! The shampoos alone are like $30 a pop! So I now have hundreds of dollars and YEARS worth of hair stuff! Of course lavender-scented...which isn't my favorite scent but I cannot complain!
  • jennifer_417
    Just had to call the cops on a couple of shady guys and their (possibly prostitute) friend. People are fun, aren't they?
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,508 Member
    Thankfully, my night is slow right now. I'm catching up on ya'lls adventures...
  • BodyByBex
    I am about to do my rounds and then probably sit in the office all night and watch YouTube videos and wait for people to discuss interesting things in this thread.

I live such an exhilarating life.... :lol:
  • Frankie_Felinius
    I've got a bachelor party here. They are out at the titty bar now...when they come staggering in a few hours from now...that may get interesting.

@jennifer_417 We've had pimps/prostitutes over the years but we had one full-on, official pimp. He wore satin suits in purple, orange, red...matching hat, shoes, the works. He drove a big ol' chromed out Caddy. His wife was always dressed crazy too. Then they'd have a gaggle of girls with them. He was so loud because he was half deaf, spelled his last name for me every time he checked in. C'mon, sir. Do you really think I don't remember you?! What a trip...
  • jennifer_417
    I've got a girl's high schools softball team, and they are brats!

That guy sounds really interesting...lol! I'm smack in the middle of the Midwest, so we just don't see that kind of thing too much, but I guess it shouldn't really surprise me, this area is kind of getting worse all the time.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    I'm Midwest. Work in IA, live in IL.

The worst teams are always boys hockey for us! Leave their stinky gear in the hall. Rowdy. We had a team and the coach's name was...wait for this...Dick Glasscock. And he didn't care what the kids did.

Another name good for a chuckle? I can't remember her first name but last name was Stankebich. Stank-a-b$#h is how it sounded.
  • jennifer_417
    Those are awesome names. How...how did you keep a straight face checking them in?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Those are awesome names. How...how did you keep a straight face checking them in?

Agreed. I know if I worked there I would probably be fired within a week because I would not be able to act professional.
  • Frankie_Felinius
    I had to call ol' Dick Glasscock many times to complain about his team..."Um, may I speak to Dick Glasscock?" I had to SAY it...out loud! I was usually peeved when I had to call him so that must have been what kept me from giggling.
  • BodyByBex
    Woah...wacked out names. We have a Glasscock county here in Texas and most counties are named after someone so I figured SOMEBODY out there has the surname.

I have been craving Funyuns for a couple days.

In other news, I got out for my rounds and normally I hear Sergeant Sexy Pants call out over the radio when he is coming over to my campus but tonight I haven't heard a thing from anyone other than dispatch. Fine by me, if he doesn't want to come over here. We need some space anyway after almost a full two days hanging out together.

Well apparently, he snuck onto my campus while I was about, crept into the office, took the paperwork I put out for him, and then drops off a small bag of Funyuns right in front of my keyboard. So I come in and I see the paperwork gone and I'm like "Okay, he still needs some space and is avoiding me. Cool." Then I see the Funyuns and (bear in mind I'm dealing with TOM) I start crying those stupid happy tears.

Guys out there, when women say "It's the little things." It really is the *kitten* little things. *crunches on a Funyun*