Things people do at the gym, that you hate.

Options

Replies

• for_ever_young66
    for_ever_young66 Posts: 2,878 Member
    Options
    People who don't watch their kids. I saw a few pre-teens screwing around on the treadmill about a week ago. Two of them got on one treadmill at once and they cranked it up to about 9.0 mph. Luckily, a YMCA employee walked over and told them to knock it off.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options
    Dude that flosses his butt with a towel. Not cool dude, not cool at all.
  • tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    This guy kept making sex noises when he lifted and it totally grossed me out. There are your typical lifting grunts, but then there was this guy, he was a special kind of something! I stopped going in the day because he was always there. I even had my music up!
  • Tialuna18
    Tialuna18 Posts: 9,591 Member
    Options
    Women who stand around chatting for 20 mins on the machine you want to use.. >: /
  • kwiet_storm
    kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This guy kept making sex noises when he lifted and it totally grossed me out. There are your typical lifting grunts, but then there was this guy, he was a special kind of something! I stopped going in the day because he was always there. I even had my music up!
    Sex noise? Hahaha, seriously? :D
  • for_ever_young66
    Options
    Tialuna18 wrote: »
    Women who stand around chatting for 20 mins on the machine you want to use.. >: /

Yep, sadly guys are guilty of it too.
  • kwiet_storm
    kwiet_storm Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »
    Dude that flosses his butt with a towel. Not cool dude, not cool at all.

Damn, thats nasty.
  • lookin4gains
    lookin4gains Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    People that wear a weight belt the entire workout. To include cardio.

wjavbsrb3i6a.jpg
  • swole_elsa
    swole_elsa Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    swole_elsa wrote: »
    Unless you're directly affecting me or another gym goer, I give literally zero fux what you're doing at the gym. Why does it matter?
    Cos some people are just pure filthy. Putting their sweaty towel on the weights, if I have to use the weights then I would have to move their sweaty towel.

Also people using the machine leaveing heavy sweat. Thats disgusting. Don't want their sweat on my clothes. So it does matter.
    Also, over staying on a machine. Just do your workout and move on. One ol man was doing sitting lateral raises on a chest bench. He could have used any regular bench to sit on since I was working on my chest. He told me he is using it. Felt like drop kickin him on his chest.

Those directly affect you, like I said. All the other things (grunting, taking selfies, standing around chatting instead of actually working out, wearing "too much" makeup or bro tanks) have zero affect on you or are easily solvable with a pair of headphones. Maybe we should be asking ourselves why others living their individual lives bother us so much?
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    ready4_50 wrote: »

This is true but at my gym It's mostly the mid 20 - 30 year old women.
  • Noelv1976
    Noelv1976 Posts: 18,948 Member
    Options

I need to go to that gym!
  • for_ever_young66
    Options
    Unless you're directly affecting me or another gym goer, I give literally zero fux what you're doing at the gym. Why does it matter?
    Cos some people are just pure filthy. Putting their sweaty towel on the weights, if I have to use the weights then I would have to move their sweaty towel.

Also people using the machine leaveing heavy sweat. Thats disgusting. Don't want their sweat on my clothes. So it does matter.
    Also, over staying on a machine. Just do your workout and move on. One ol man was doing sitting lateral raises on a chest bench. He could have used any regular bench to sit on since I was working on my chest. He told me he is using it. Felt like drop kickin him on his chest.

Those directly affect you, like I said. All the other things (grunting, taking selfies, standing around chatting instead of actually working out, wearing "too much" makeup or bro tanks) have zero affect on you or are easily solvable with a pair of headphones. Maybe we should be asking ourselves why others living their individual lives bother us so much?

I agree. I phase out all the other nonsense. However.....................middle aged and older ladies tend to wear that "old folks" perfume and I literally have to put a towel on my face whenever they are nearby. Gag!

• tretoptreece
    tretoptreece Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    Sex noise? Hahaha, seriously? :D

Well you asked so I guess you asked for it lol
  • Tialuna18
    Options
    Noelv1976 wrote: »

I need to go to that gym!

LOL there's more than enough big guys there too . :P
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    All people.
  • FabulousFantasticFifty
    FabulousFantasticFifty Posts: 195,832 Member
    Options
    When they stand there and watch you! :confounded:
  • zcb94
    zcb94 Posts: 3,678 Member
    Options
    thorsmom01 wrote: »
    I once got to the gym and it was very crowded. I got the last available elliptical. Soon after getting on, i noticed the man next to me was wearing a very very strong cologne. It was so strong that my eyes started to water. I actually had to smoosh my gym towel up to my nose to get the burning to stop. It was awful. It was like cheap cologne that smelled like bug spray mixed with sweat smell. I couldn't take it so went to the weight rooms. Well within five mins
    Stinky was also using the free weights. So i went and sat in the woman's locker room until he left the weight room.
    Since then
    I CANT STAND PERFUMES OR COLOGNE AT THE GYM !!
    Right, especially because se of us are deathly allergic to some scents. Also, again, please DO NOT CROP-DUST! We're trying to breathe here.
  • for_ever_young66
    edited June 2015
    Options
    When they stand there and watch you! :confounded:

A lady was touring the gym yesterday and she had her little boy with her. Little man stood there and watched me on the treadmill for a good five straight minutes. It was actually starting to creep me out. He didn't even blink. lol

• _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

This girl is making too much sense in this thread. Preach
  • yopeeps025
    yopeeps025 Posts: 8,680 Member
    Options

This girl is making too much sense in this thread. Preach

Well it distracts there workoust. Sounds like they shouldn't lift in a public setting since all these issues affect there results.