July 2015 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• cadamchik
    cadamchik Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm new for July and am aiming for 35 miles. I'm much more of a walker than a runner though
  • ShortMrsN
    ShortMrsN Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Going to stick to my 50km goal, but first 2 weeks of July is school holidays so not sure how I'll go (husband is away a lot in July too, so no evening runs.....) :/
  • ddmom0811
    ddmom0811 Posts: 1,878 Member
    Options
    Thanks Stan!
    I'm going for 75 this month!
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Really fell off target last month after my marathon on the last day of May + getting sick + spending a week traveling and moving. But I'm back in for July! According to my schedule, I should be at a whopping 186 for July, but accounting for some off days, I'll aim for 175. (Either way, it will be a MAJOR monthly personal record!)
  • seomra
    seomra Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Ok so trying to get back running after exactly a year's absence- going to set my target low at 40 miles. The reason for this is baby (almost 10 weeks) is still not sleeping thro' the night and some days my workout is looking after his 3 older siblings and him. Want to run a 5k on August 31st so need to start. Tried the ticker thing, very complicated for a techno phobe like me but will give it a go! Good luck all!
  • Timby1
    Timby1 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I'm in for 50 in July.
  • jayme03
    jayme03 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just ran my first half marathon after not running for 5 yrs due to repeated injuries. Pregnancy was hard on my body :) I've signed up for another half in Sept and I'm happy to have found a community of encouragement! I'm setting a goal of 80 miles for July.
  • Ohhim
    Ohhim Posts: 1,142 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    Evenly splitting the month between the cooler north and the hot south, so sticking with 140 miles again as I just want to maintain running fitness before my next planned Marathon (January).

Still, I haven't been good about speedwork, so aiming for 5 sessions during the month (either 8x400m 90 sec interval repeats, or 4-6 mile pace runs under 8 min/miles).
  • Runningmischka
    Runningmischka Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am finally back to the running challenges, woohoo! It's nice to see all the familiar faces AND so many new runners joining the challenge!

A little update: my little runner Anna Elizabeth arrived on May 22, 2015 @ 6:13am EST, 5lb 9 oz and 19.5 inches of pure joy! We call our baby girl Anya :) She sure kept me busy for the last 6 weeks, which flew by faster than I expected. We already celebrated being 1 month old :# Below is one of the hundreds shots that I've taken. Yeah, I became that mom hahahahaha.

kvkzgl1ohztd.jpg

I'll shoot for 80 miles of running/walking. I can probably do more, but would like to start easy.
    So glad to be back!!! Happy Running everyone ;)

P.S. Any expecting moms, feel free to message me. I ran and lifted through my entire pregnancy and I think it made a huge difference in my delivery and recovery.
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    @Runningmischka What an adorable little girl! She's so tiny and precious :) And welcome back to the challenge! Happy running!
  • Ms_Chai
    Ms_Chai Posts: 86 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options
    If I am new to this, can I join and set a low goal of 20? It will literally be my first 20 miles in about 2 years.

I guess it will also be "jogging" rather than "running" for me.
  • foofyq
    foofyq Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm shooting for 60. Excited for a whole new month!
  • skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    Options
    @runningmischka Anya could not be any cuter. I love this picture! I just posted on your newsfeed asking when you were coming back.

Welcome to all the new folks - so great to see new faces!!
  • HerbertCL
    HerbertCL Posts: 7 Member
    edited June 2015
    Options

exercise.png
  • Knyvern
    Knyvern Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I am excited for a new month. I completed 28 miles last month so I am upping my goal to 35 miles.

exercise.png
  • briebee7
    briebee7 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I am in for 150 for July. I slacked off a little in June and am ready to pick it back up a bit!

@Runningmischka - adorable! Congrats and welcome back. :)
  • mommafox75
    mommafox75 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also totally new to this...I just rejoined on MFP to start tracking. I haven't worked out at all since last October so any goal I set is way better than what I have been doing. My goal would be 20. Hopefully can get home and get the ticker working. Wonder if I can do one for my kiddo so he can track his?
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options

exercise.png

I'm new, hello!
    I've chosen 50 miles as I've run 36 this month and I did 46 in May.
  • mwyvr
    mwyvr Posts: 1,883 Member
    Options
    Thanks to a persistent cold I didn't get to my stretch goal in June so I'm going to use the same minimum 200km objective with my stretch goal set at 242km (150 miles), which, fingers crossed, I hope to blow away.
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Month to date:		000.00 km (0% of Goal)
    Goal:			200.00 km / 124 miles
    Stretch Goal:		242.00 km / 150 miles
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    Wed Jul 01 ?? Happy Canada Day! (148 years this year)

• autumnblade75
    autumnblade75 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    My training plan calls for 159...
    exercise.png